we need a calendar - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-14-2004, 04:56 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
we need a calendar

we need a calendar... a decent sized one I can hang on my wall... I'd even volunteer my car for January ... as that's my birthmonth

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2004, 09:25 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I'll take August!

okokok...i'll take what I can get!

2000 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Silver w/ Black Leather and Mach 460 Automatic
Performance:Magnaflow Exhaust, Transgo Shift Kit,Modified Air Box Looks: Grille delete, 17x9 polished 95 Cobra R's, New GT Hood Scoop, Billet Shift knob, Custom Shift Boots
Sound: Alpine CDA-9835, Infinity Reference Comp.

Power Tour 2005 Here I Come!
Funky4.6VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 09:36 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
We have a calendar for this year. Extreme Effects sells them, they were the sponsor of them. N8R is heading up next years calendar.

Old 08-14-2004, 09:36 AM   #4
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
it is in the works... details later...
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:24 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r
it is in the works... details later...
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 11:06 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
hmmm, which cars?

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 08-14-2004, 11:19 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Last year we were only a V6 community for the most part and several people voted on the cars that would be in including Extreme Effects Sponsored cars. There were 4 sponsored cars. Extreme Effects paid for the calendars. I am not sure if there will be a calendar sponsor this year, that will have to be answered by N8R. I will say it was a head ache trying to get everyone's pics in a reasonable time frame and then the printer lost some of the pic's. I will also recommend anyone who desires to have pic's submitted get High Quality pics made. Some pic were very low resolution and would have looked like crap enlarged so I had to go back and tell certain people to have high resolution pic taken. I had professional pics taken for 25 Bucks. My sig pic is one of them. I might suggest since we have only 12 months and many more members to either have a V6 and a V8 calendar or have more than one car per month
Old 08-14-2004, 11:21 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I'm in! pretty pretty please! I need to know because in WI and snow is not too far away, dangit!

Performance:Magnaflow Exhaust, Transgo Shift Kit,Modified Air Box Looks: Grille delete, 17x9 polished 95 Cobra R's, New GT Hood Scoop, Billet Shift knob, Custom Shift Boots

Old 08-14-2004, 05:32 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

perfect... my gf's uncle is a professional photographer... next question... with or without the person by it? When do you need pics by? I'll buy one.. as long as it's not over priced and my car would be in it, lol. Why not go split framed?... have one in one corner, and have the other in the other corner, that gives you 24 cars... and smaller pics... could dress it up quite a bit. Or like three cars on the top or something. Or, have a pic of a hood, then a side pic and then a hood or a rear bumper shot on top... just ideas. Gets you more cars... and the more cars you get put in the calendar, the more you'll sell.

Old 08-14-2004, 05:45 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well I was not asked to run it this year, N8R was. So all questions need to be addressed to him. I can only tell you how we did it last year.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:07 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

just an idea.. or three, not sure how many I actually said... but yeah, plus, n8r or can read this post and read what I said, it's kinda just directed at the screen and whomever decides it's worth reading can read it.

Old 08-16-2004, 01:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I think two or three would be a great idea. Some cars have different angles of style or performance here. It would be nice to show all angles of the cars or include quick bios. I personally take great pride in my car inside and out and hope that possibly by showing different views of the car could somehow help someone or answer any questions. It is by no means a show car but i believe it can stand with every other nice car on this site!
Ted

Old 08-16-2004, 01:16 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

With more members than ever and having V8 also to bring in the mix but only 12 months multi angles might require smaller pics. We had a mod list beside each car on last years calendar.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:51 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

I believe most people on this site are in love with their Mustangs, and as such, would believe it would hang with any one else's, style if nothing else. That being said, that's why I suggested going to maybe 3 pics per month. Have each month have a featured car.... and then have a bio about it, and then have two other cars on the each side below it... and maybe have a small bio about it. Like:

2001 Ford Mustang 3.8 liter v-6 Automatic
Mods: CAI, Dual Exhaust With Magnapack Mufflers
Owner: Brian Pinney

That's a small bio... and I, personally, would be very happy with that. I think most Mustang guys want their car out there and being noticed, even if it's not a feature... I mean, there really isn't much to say about my car right now... therefore, a small bio doesn't bother me. All that can easily fit under the picture. And it's not a big picture. That leaves room for the big picture in the middle near the top, and a large bio about it under that car. You can put titles above the pics and still have plenty of room. It would look nice. And I truely believe you would sell more calendars. Think about it, if you had 36 cars on the months, and 1 car on the front of it, you'd sell A MINIUMUM of 37 calendars. And you'd have a very complete calendar of Mustangs.... probably one of the most complete and diverse calendars ever made

Old 08-16-2004, 03:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I agree that everyone has a high opinion about there cars, and just the ghost flames account to a great photo. but wouldn't it be nice to see daily driven mustangs with mods inside And outside. Things done that give you ideas and help you mold your mustang into everything I want mine to be. The reason I say My Car could be in the calendar is simply just that. Mine is one of the nicest around. I look at pictures on the forum and look at them and I know mine is just as nice if not nicer. I am NOT trying to blow my own horn, though.(that doesn't sound right, does it!) Any way, Lets get a calendar together!!!!

Old 08-16-2004, 03:17 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol, true that people could get ideas from a calendar... are you trying to give ideas for a calendar, or are you trying to get great pics to make a calendar look good? I didn't say you couldn't include interior pics or anything... but what do people want to see?

Old 08-16-2004, 03:38 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

What I am getting at is some people put there focus on their
interior ie:stereos, some performance ie: engine horsepower and then some focus on style ie:looks of exterior

Usually peple will try to mix them but if you wanted to make a car that looks stock on the outside=boring photo or choose to take a look at the inside which could be fantastic. That is where the focus should be.

Old 08-16-2004, 03:53 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon_Lady
I am NOT trying to blow my own horn, though.(that doesn't sound right, does it!) Any way, Lets get a calendar together!!!!

.....nope doesn't sound right at all. LMAO

I'll also be happy to throw in a picture of my V8. I would have to agree that everyone her is in love with their cars otherwise we wouldn't be talking about them everyday.
All Stock! getting ready for some minor mods: tinting, new bumper and/or bodykit, 3:73 gears, underdrive pullies, tires (they're getting bad) considering new rims. Oh ya- gonna chip it. Thanks for all your suggestions and time answering my questions guys!
Dragon_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 03:57 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

I believe the moment you decide it's time you should join a forum that only deals with one type of car (i.e. the Mustang) you need help... I also believe that being slightly obsessed with our cars makes us Mustang drivers.... we're a breed of our own ... and yeah, good to know there are others out there... so basically, enjoy the customizibility (new word )... of your car, GO NUTZ (<~~ just cause I love it)

Old 08-16-2004, 04:45 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Dragon Lady, you liked that, huh! Maybe I should have stayed single! Naw, I love my wife way too much but if I could blow my own horn i wouldn't had to get married or leave the house!

Ted

Old 08-16-2004, 05:07 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon_Lady
Lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky4.6VERT
Dragon Lady, you liked that, huh! Maybe I should have stayed single! Naw, I love my wife way too much but if I could blow my own horn i wouldn't had to get married or leave the house!

Ted
If she is good wife she takes care of that for ya. ***there's those devil horns again darn it****
All Stock! getting ready for some minor mods: tinting, new bumper and/or bodykit, 3:73 gears, underdrive pullies, tires (they're getting bad) considering new rims. Oh ya- gonna chip it. Thanks for all your suggestions and time answering my questions guys!
Dragon_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 06:45 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky4.6VERT
I agree that everyone has a high opinion about there cars, and just the ghost flames account to a great photo. but wouldn't it be nice to see daily driven mustangs with mods inside And outside. Things done that give you ideas and help you mold your mustang into everything I want mine to be. The reason I say My Car could be in the calendar is simply just that. Mine is one of the nicest around. I look at pictures on the forum and look at them and I know mine is just as nice if not nicer. I am NOT trying to blow my own horn, though.(that doesn't sound right, does it!) Any way, Lets get a calendar together!!!!
We have a calendar for this year and n8r is in charge of getting a calender together for this year. So it is being done. I am not sure how it will be judged but it was based on the best and most moded with heavy emphasis on Engine and exterior mods or the combination of both.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > ME Site Help & Announcements