NEW mustang for me... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2004, 10:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverStang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42
Send a message via AIM to SilverStang96
Smile NEW mustang for me...

Ok guys, I currently have a 96' V6 silver mustang as hints the name (silverstang96) anywayz, i found a black 98' GT that i want ... going to look at it sunday... "crosses fingers" tell me what yall think.....





It has borla side exhaust, stalker hood, stalker body kit, 3.73 gears, ( what do the gt's come stock with anywayz?) I believe he said MAC H-pipe, stereo, ummm i think thats about all i cant really rememeber... oh yeah and the paint job is like 4 months old... also, window tint as u can see...
SilverStang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-18-2004, 10:49 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Looks good man, just check how much it's been modded and how well it's been done
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:50 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 321
Send a message via AIM to kaper232 Send a message via Yahoo to kaper232
Looks nice... Im not really fond of the hood, but to each thier own. Im just not big into exterior styling... I say get it, and mod the sh^t out of it...
kaper232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-18-2004, 11:04 PM   #4
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
that looks friggin sweet man. GL with it. :thumbs2:
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:14 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
sweet man..
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 11:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
get it it looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 04:46 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Black95GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 897
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
Nice another black GT pre99, I wont be ALONE!!
The car looks great
__________________
-Jason
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 06:15 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
looks good!
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 06:32 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
elijah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 45
Yep I dig the good, looks a little like a firebird/transam hood but still really sweet
elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:04 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 529
Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
pre 99 gt's have 2.73s stock
__________________


"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:18 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 41
Send a message via AIM to mustangmike524
Talking

tsk tsk... if you were a true mustang enthusiast, you would know taht your current mustang is not silver. in fact did not make a silver mustang in our body style until 1998. Your car is a color called opal frost. there was a total of 13000 opal frosts from 94-96. if your is a coupe, it is one of 4392 or something like that..here is the site for the opal frost registry.. come and join . http://www.stangbangers.com/Opal_Fro...g_Registry.htm definitely should keep your stang if possible, unless its necessary you have to sell it!
mustangmike524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:08 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverStang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42
Send a message via AIM to SilverStang96
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangmike524
tsk tsk... if you were a true mustang enthusiast, you would know taht your current mustang is not silver. in fact did not make a silver mustang in our body style until 1998. Your car is a color called opal frost. there was a total of 13000 opal frosts from 94-96. if your is a coupe, it is one of 4392 or something like that..here is the site for the opal frost registry.. come and join . http://www.stangbangers.com/Opal_Fro...g_Registry.htm definitely should keep your stang if possible, unless its necessary you have to sell it!

What in the crap are you talking about.. my car is.... silver. And why would i keep my stang? its a 96' with 166,000 miles on it. I am a TRUE mustang enthusiast, and i dont appreciate you commenting like you know more about me than i do.
SilverStang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:15 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverStang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42
Send a message via AIM to SilverStang96
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
that looks friggin sweet man. GL with it. :thumbs2:
Thanks man, Do you know where Forestdale is in alabama? hoover? wildwood? or trussville?
SilverStang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:17 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverStang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42
Send a message via AIM to SilverStang96
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
pre 99 gt's have 2.73s stock
Thanks man... I thought they might of had 2.73's just wasnt sure.
SilverStang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:19 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverStang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42
Send a message via AIM to SilverStang96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black95GT
Nice another black GT pre99, I wont be ALONE!!
The car looks great
Yeah, I found a 95 GT just like yours except the interior was lookin pretty bad, i decided it wasnt worth the 8,000. It was some lady and she had 20's on it, it looked horrible though..
SilverStang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:21 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverStang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42
Send a message via AIM to SilverStang96
Well im gonna look at it sunday, so ill let yall know how it goes... Thanks to all.
SilverStang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:49 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
redrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 17
Send a message via AIM to redrum Send a message via Yahoo to redrum
aright here goes.. you asked for opinion.. so here it comes...

1) the lines of that hood do not go well with that car. the car is a very rounded off car and that hood is very sharp lined.
btw--- since when did they start calling that hood the stalker? <shrugs> looks like a 72 mach1 style hood to me, which is what they called that same hood when i had it on my 86.
2) if you're gonna have a front bumper cover from a kit, you need to ATLEAST have the rear bumper cover from a similar kit that will compliment it.
3) i usually like those rims, but they look weird on that car.
4) the light he installed in place of the GT emblem is gay.
5) with side exhaust, you wont be able to lower it without bottoming out everywhere, so now that car is going to look like a 4x4 as long as the exhaust stays the same.
6) if he just got it pained 4 months ago... better watch out for it being MAACO paint... seriously. ask him if he has a receipt from where it was painted. if it was painted maaco... ummm yea.. expect it to start peeling in the next couple months or weeks.
7) when you go to buy it... after you drive it around for a test drive... go back and park it. 5 minutes later or so, look under the car. look for as many leaks as you can find. if its leaking freeon... your A/C is only gonna work for another few days... and then good luck finding the leak. if its leaking oil... be ready to spend a weekly few to keep your car running. if its leaking rear end differential fluid... you've got a major problem. if its leaking coolant... be ready to do some work within a week after you get it. if its leaking any other fluids, be ready to be replacing some stuff within a couple weeks. saying this because i DIDNT check when i bought my 85, and go figure.. its leaking all of the above. haha.
__________________
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/227/redrumsig14.jpg
"Tap on my window, knock on my door. I wanna make you feel beautiful."
-Maroon5
redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:55 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
is that pic at a drag strip... makes me wonder if its broke and they are selling it to keep from fixing it their self... be careful you never know and some of the pr e99 4.6s have issues with the intakes so watch out for that also.

my friend has a 96 GT with a decent amount of mods and 98 cobras for sale (laser red) here in north alabama for like 6k~ it has a BRAND NEW 01 cobra tranny in it also and alot of other stuff ill list if you interested.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:33 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Bane-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Maryland
Posts: 614
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
nice lookin car best of luck with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah
Yep I dig the good, looks a little like a firebird/transam hood but still really sweet
actually looks more like the 71-73 mach1 hoods just raised up some
__________________
'04 Roush F150 ( totalled while parked )
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:57 PM   #20
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStang96
Well im gonna look at it sunday, so ill let yall know how it goes... Thanks to all.
didn't notice you lived here in Birmingham. We should hang out sometime.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:58 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
he should come to chattanooga...lol
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:16 PM   #22
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
yeah really, we need people to fill these rooms since brent's friend bailed and $20 says mikey does too
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:19 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Well I comin and by god I'm bringing someone...they keep backing out but I'm gonna kidnap someone and bring them
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:04 PM   #24
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
^ haha
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:34 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverStang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42
Send a message via AIM to SilverStang96
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
didn't notice you lived here in Birmingham. We should hang out sometime.
Would be great...
SilverStang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:38 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverStang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42
Send a message via AIM to SilverStang96
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum
aright here goes.. you asked for opinion.. so here it comes...

1) the lines of that hood do not go well with that car. the car is a very rounded off car and that hood is very sharp lined.
btw--- since when did they start calling that hood the stalker? <shrugs> looks like a 72 mach1 style hood to me, which is what they called that same hood when i had it on my 86.
2) if you're gonna have a front bumper cover from a kit, you need to ATLEAST have the rear bumper cover from a similar kit that will compliment it.
3) i usually like those rims, but they look weird on that car.
4) the light he installed in place of the GT emblem is gay.
5) with side exhaust, you wont be able to lower it without bottoming out everywhere, so now that car is going to look like a 4x4 as long as the exhaust stays the same.
6) if he just got it pained 4 months ago... better watch out for it being MAACO paint... seriously. ask him if he has a receipt from where it was painted. if it was painted maaco... ummm yea.. expect it to start peeling in the next couple months or weeks.
7) when you go to buy it... after you drive it around for a test drive... go back and park it. 5 minutes later or so, look under the car. look for as many leaks as you can find. if its leaking freeon... your A/C is only gonna work for another few days... and then good luck finding the leak. if its leaking oil... be ready to spend a weekly few to keep your car running. if its leaking rear end differential fluid... you've got a major problem. if its leaking coolant... be ready to do some work within a week after you get it. if its leaking any other fluids, be ready to be replacing some stuff within a couple weeks. saying this because i DIDNT check when i bought my 85, and go figure.. its leaking all of the above. haha.
I agree about the light where the GT emblem was that is gay.. will be replaced... I will be putting a rear bumper on it, the side exhaust can be changed, The paint was done very well, he told me where he got it from but i cant remember the name, TRUST me i will be checking for ANY leaks this car will be looked in and out all the way through before i buy... Thanks for the info though but we already had plans of looking into everything.. Everybody has their own opinions about cars, personally i like the hood but i did ask for opinion and i appreciate you commenting.
SilverStang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:40 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
SilverStang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42
Send a message via AIM to SilverStang96
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
is that pic at a drag strip... makes me wonder if its broke and they are selling it to keep from fixing it their self... be careful you never know and some of the pr e99 4.6s have issues with the intakes so watch out for that also.

my friend has a 96 GT with a decent amount of mods and 98 cobras for sale (laser red) here in north alabama for like 6k~ it has a BRAND NEW 01 cobra tranny in it also and alot of other stuff ill list if you interested.

No it is not at a drag strip, its a car show.. What do u mean by problems with the intakes???? i would be interested in those cars, just email me.. magboy86@gmail.com thanks..
SilverStang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:31 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
pre 99 gt's have 2.73s stock
Now unless my 96 gt was a freak then they come with 3.08 not 2.73's
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:38 PM   #29
Registered User
 
01mineralgrey6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,715
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
its a freak
__________________
-Tony
'99 cobra 'vert
01mineralgrey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:58 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 41
Send a message via AIM to mustangmike524
first of all , it was a joke. second of all it is opal frost . they never made a 96 SILVER mustang. search for brad barrnett on google and he has everythign to kno abou a 96 mustang....
mustangmike524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:58 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge
Now unless my 96 gt was a freak then they come with 3.08 not 2.73's
you are thinking gm's
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:23 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
you are thinking gm's
No i'm not thinking gm's. My gt had 3.08 gears when I bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01mineralgrey6
its a freak
Not surprised it was a GT and it was a one wheel wonder 2:
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:26 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge
No i'm not thinking gm's. My gt had 3.08 gears when I bought it.



Not surprised it was a GT and it was a one wheel wonder 2:
unless they were after market, i dont think the car came with 3.08 stock
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:27 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Uh...you had one messed up GT..you sure that thing had 8 cylinders under the hood? Or did they just throw 2 pistons the the back seat and call it a 8 cylinder?
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:29 PM   #35
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:43 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.