Woot IRS swap done with pics. - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2005, 09:43 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to blownsix
oh well i guess il be rice

Performance: Vortech V1, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac O/R H pipe, 80MM Lightning MAF, GT Take offs Tuned By Doug at Bamachips, 4.10s

Interior: Autometer Phantom gauges Boost, Water Temp, A/F, Dual pillar gauge Pod, Gagueg Bezel,
Styling: Mach 1 Grill Delete Kit, GT hood scoop, Smoked Headlight and Taillight blackouts, taillight sequencers kit
blownsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2005, 09:43 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
exactly, so you all know my opinion on the subject, so can someone answer my question about IRS vs Solid axle please?
douGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:44 PM   #73
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by douGT
exactly, so you all know my opinion on the subject, so can someone answer my question about IRS vs Solid axle please?
IRS is for autoxers. Live axle is more for going in a straight line. IRS = Independent Rear Suspension

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2005, 09:44 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I don't care what you put on it its your car I just disagree with the misbadging. I am just trying to explain to people what is going on here. My car will never see a sticker that doesnt have my site name on it. I got alot better things to spend money on than stickers but that is me.
oh i know what your doing. But am i going to misbadge my car when i put the steeda graphics on it. Steeda mustang are just mustangs with there supsension parts on them so thats what im doing.

Performance: Vortech V1, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac O/R H pipe, 80MM Lightning MAF, GT Take offs Tuned By Doug at Bamachips, 4.10s

Interior: Autometer Phantom gauges Boost, Water Temp, A/F, Dual pillar gauge Pod, Gagueg Bezel,
Styling: Mach 1 Grill Delete Kit, GT hood scoop, Smoked Headlight and Taillight blackouts, taillight sequencers kit
Old 03-27-2005, 09:45 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
IRS is for autoxers. Live axle is more for going in a straight line. IRS = Independent Rear Suspension
thanks, and i know what IRS stands for
Old 03-27-2005, 09:47 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
in amn irs sytem each side of the rear end moves independantly, as opposed to in a solid axel design where if one side is moved up or down the other side does the exact opposite. solid read ends use axel shafts which are longer than half shafts which are used in IRS thus being stronger for drag racing./
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:48 PM   #77
Regular

Quote:
thanks, and i know what IRS stands for
03-04 Cobra owners that buy the car for drag racing will swap the irs over to a live axle because the irs has the famous wheel hop which is very very bad for your times.

Reddit
Old 03-27-2005, 09:48 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

ok i get it, thanks for answerin my question
Old 03-27-2005, 09:49 PM   #79
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownsix
oh i know what your doing. But am i going to misbadge my car when i put the steeda graphics on it. Steeda mustang are just mustangs with there supsension parts on them so thats what im doing.
Yea but its still not a Steeda.. but I don't care do what you want. Just be a v6 mustang lol.. nothing wrong with that.

Reddit
Old 03-27-2005, 09:49 PM   #80
Regular

Quote:
so solid better for drag im guessin.
Much better

Reddit
Old 03-27-2005, 09:52 PM   #81
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
you had an SVT badge on the back of your car when you came to brents and you removed it... so you went and paid for yet another and put another back on the car.....
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:52 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea but its still not a Steeda.. but I don't care do what you want. Just be a v6 mustang lol.. nothing wrong with that.
ye i am. i dont tell peopel i have something i dont, If i want to get a v8 il drive my Trans AM

Old 03-27-2005, 09:54 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

blownsix, do you have 1/4 times for your car with the s/c?
Old 03-27-2005, 09:54 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

no

Old 03-27-2005, 09:57 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

spectorV, i would think your car was SVT if i seen you on the road, until i noticed the exhaust sound and no SVT emblems, but your car looks very nice.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:00 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

yup he has one bad *** looking car whish mine looked that good

Old 03-27-2005, 10:11 PM   #87
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

i see that point no doubt, and that is something that you and me could argue about, i feel however if you dont stick emblems that dont belong on your car on it then you are good in almost all cases. I wanted to go something non 03 cobra but there was nothing that i wanted that was out and i had to stay oem ford thus i wanted the extractor hood and you can only get it with the bumper due to its design and on top thats about all i had option wise... so it was that or stock parts... but i do see that point i stuck the 3.8 badge on it to help minimize confusion.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:13 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

ya, but it looks very nice, i love those rims too.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:23 PM   #89
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
Quote:
you ****ing *** hole<tbird232>
someone needs a diaper changed

as for IRS being for auto-x, i somewhat disagree, knowing a guy who worked at Kenny Brown, he was explaining to me how the concept of IRS would work great for auto-x and road racing, but Fords execution of it was horrible, using cheaper materials, and limiting the geometry to the demensions needed to it to just fit the car, rather than make it work well with the car

IRS=good, Ford version of IRS=meh
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 11:27 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Send a message via AIM to 19ClearCobra96 Send a message via MSN to 19ClearCobra96
yeah that is what i heard is that the ford IRS is the suck
Old 03-28-2005, 01:23 PM   #91
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
His SVT emblem doesn't look as tacky as when some people put a Cobra emblem below their GT emblem.

As far as misbadging goes, his car is no worse as that GT500E they are builiding in Texas. Shelby did not build those cars in '67. Therefore all they are, are fastbacks with body kits on them.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:28 PM   #92
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
His SVT emblem doesn't look as tacky as when some people a Cobra emblem below their GT emblem.

As far as misbadging goes, his car is no worse as that GT500E they are builiding in Texas. Shelby did not build those cars in '67. Therefore all they are, are fastbacks with body kits on them.
Dom...your sentences are getting worst and worst...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 01:32 PM   #93
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Are we happy now?
Old 03-28-2005, 01:34 PM   #94
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
Are we happy now?
Haha..I guess....
Our's:
Old 03-28-2005, 01:54 PM   #95
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Your forget a few verbs and you never hear the end of it.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:02 PM   #96
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Ok, I may be a late arrival to this argument and it seems to have settled so I will get my 2 cents in while I can.

blownsix putting an SVt emblem on his v6 is rice, yea, it is. Big time. But people you need to get over it and 232 you need to chill. I think all anyone was doing in this thread was picking a fight and I think that is against forum rules. Aka flaming?

I just think that if everyone else tries to ot flame and then someone does and nothing is done about it then it sets a bad example for newcomers to the forums.

I realize that alot of you guys are all buddy buddy and you know each other in real life, so it's kinda hard to punish a friend but for godsakes have some self control and try to keep it civilized.

You don't need to lower yourself to a 5th grader's level to make your point.

Everyone has to realize that ALOT of people don't give a rat's *** what you have to say or think about their cars. It's their own personal money pit, let them do what they want.

I personally have respect for blownsix's car because it apparently is a beast. I agree with him on legal badging. Aka, he is doing Steeda suspension and wants to vinyl his car, whatever. I actually hate vinyl on cars but if he likes it more power to him. I don't think it's misbadging if he has Steeda suspension and slaps sine vinyl on it. The SVT emblem isnt justified by the IRS though, sorry.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:04 PM   #97
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Dom...your sentences are getting worst and worst...
shouldnt it be worse and worse?
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:20 PM   #98
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh
Ok, I may be a late arrival to this argument and it seems to have settled so I will get my 2 cents in while I can.

blownsix putting an SVt emblem on his v6 is rice, yea, it is. Big time. But people you need to get over it and 232 you need to chill. I think all anyone was doing in this thread was picking a fight and I think that is against forum rules. Aka flaming?

I just think that if everyone else tries to ot flame and then someone does and nothing is done about it then it sets a bad example for newcomers to the forums.

I realize that alot of you guys are all buddy buddy and you know each other in real life, so it's kinda hard to punish a friend but for godsakes have some self control and try to keep it civilized.

Everyone has to realize that ALOT of people don't give a rat's *** what you have to say or think about their cars. It's their own personal money pit, let them do what they want.

I personally have respect for blownsix's car because it apparently is a beast. I agree with him on legal badging. Aka, he is doing Steeda suspension and wants to vinyl his car, whatever. I actually hate vinyl on cars but if he likes it more power to him. I don't think it's misbadging if he has Steeda suspension and slaps sine vinyl on it. The SVT emblem isnt justified by the IRS though, sorry.
232stang may have went over the line in some of his posts but he was doing what your doing... expressing his opinion. He didn't like it. He made it known.

To me putting a svt badge on your car is a insult to those who actually own svt products(Lighting, Cobras, etc.) and I don't like it one bit. I don't get people trying to say they are something they aren't...

Reddit
Old 03-28-2005, 11:33 PM   #99
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Quote:
To me putting a svt badge on your car is a insult to those who actually own svt products(Lighting, Cobras, etc.) and I don't like it one bit. I don't get people trying to say they are something they aren't...
My opinions exactly.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:46 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh

i simply asked why he put on those stickers. i didnt pick a fight at all. if i was very serious about everything i would not have taken the time to get a good laugh with that rice citation. you need to chill and not take everything so seriously.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 12:18 AM   #101
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I tell people im not stupid all the time but they dont belive me, I would never put a "Im not retarded" sticker on myself and pose as a normal person.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:39 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
232stang may have went over the line in some of his posts but he was doing what your doing... expressing his opinion. He didn't like it. He made it known.

well i thought it was justified by the big *** 3.8 badge that was about twice the size of the SVT one but there both of now.

Old 03-29-2005, 09:43 PM   #103
Legacy Member
Legacy

Ha..the only real problem I had with that SVT badge was it was crooked..and I'm obsessive compulsive like that.
Our's:
Old 03-29-2005, 09:47 PM   #104
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownsix
well i thought it was justified by the big *** 3.8 badge that was about twice the size of the SVT one but there both of now.
Your car isn't a SVT... it is a 3.8.. Ford never made a SVT 3.8 Mustang and never will....

Reddit
Old 03-29-2005, 10:03 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

well they should lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos