Another video - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2005, 10:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to red herring
Another video

http://www.mustangevolution.com/videos/damvideo2.wmv
Go to dam video 2

Well, I made this video and decided not to post it because I thought it was kind of insipid and off topic for this forum. There are two mustangs at the end but they are not shots that will make you say wow, the cars are just sitting there. However, after Kris came over and saw it he told me to post it, so I had Brent host it for me. Thanks to Brent, he's hosted three videos for me now. Thanks Brent!

Criticism is welcome of course, how else would I get better? Hopefully js281gt and I will make a video soon and it will be exponentially better than this one.
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2005, 11:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Nobody posting, I told Kris I shouldn't have posted it...
Old 02-25-2005, 12:06 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
linky no worky

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2005, 12:07 AM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Fixed

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:16 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

the video was pretty cool.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:31 AM   #6
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
sweet
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:50 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to ttpancakes
Dont blame it on me. It's a good video, you would be so lucky to have an 04' mustang in there jk i like it alot
ttpancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 01:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80
good video, I liked it.

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 03:40 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
nice video, great shots of the car and mixing...now you should add a plot and make a movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 04:34 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
That video is sweet. Your car is too. I always thought your car was wierd looking because I thought ti was the one in your avatar.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
whomever's driving.. (around 55 seconds..) the way the hair sticks out.. makes it look like he has a mullet.. I'm sure he (probably you) do not..

On the other hand

AWESOME video.. only thing I'd change around 1:51 the car is clearly stopped.. then rolls forward.. if you were to actually pull into the spot.. or perhaps turn into it.. IMO it woulda blended a bit better there

that's just me
Old 02-25-2005, 07:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
whomever's driving.. (around 55 seconds..) the way the hair sticks out.. makes it look like he has a mullet.. I'm sure he (probably you) do not..

On the other hand

AWESOME video.. only thing I'd change around 1:51 the car is clearly stopped.. then rolls forward.. if you were to actually pull into the spot.. or perhaps turn into it.. IMO it woulda blended a bit better there

that's just me
Haha, the hair was me after I just woke up I believe.

What do you mean about the car is clearly stopped then rolls forward? When I watch the video I don't see the car rolling forward.

Thanks for the kind words, hopefully I'll be able to make a better one with more cars soon. (with js281gt)
Old 02-25-2005, 07:55 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh
That video is sweet. Your car is too. I always thought your car was wierd looking because I thought ti was the one in your avatar.
The car in the sig is an M Coupe. lt looks like a clown shoe but I love the car. Very fast and handles really well even stock.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:11 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Quote:
Originally Posted by red herring
Haha, the hair was me after I just woke up I believe.

What do you mean about the car is clearly stopped then rolls forward? When I watch the video I don't see the car rolling forward.

Thanks for the kind words, hopefully I'll be able to make a better one with more cars soon. (with js281gt)
I dunno how to describe it better, when it shifts to the screen with the car pulling back into the spot, it looks like the car is stopped, and pulls forward from the stop, not like you just finished driving it
Old 02-25-2005, 08:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
I dunno how to describe it better, when it shifts to the screen with the car pulling back into the spot, it looks like the car is stopped, and pulls forward from the stop, not like you just finished driving it
That's odd, I don't see it, lol. Anyway, thanks for the criticism because now I know I should probably put a bit more time at the beginning or end of segments if I am trying to imply something. Like on that video, I tried to imply that I just went out for a drive. It sucks that there are so many sideshots, in my opinion, but perhaps my next video will be better!
Old 02-25-2005, 08:49 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
that was an AWESOME video!!!!!!

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 11:09 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

thanks nicole, you're too kind
Old 03-02-2005, 06:37 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Hopefully my black car will be in the new one with the camera on the road listening to it churp third. We should start with that & then have some clips at the strip. With that song and the song smurfin put up in 01GT vs wrx section in drag. I think the matrix revolutions soundtrack. Good video though.
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 11:25 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
excelent song choice... I can't enough of the last train home

also I must commend your brake shifting (not the technical term, but im sure you know what I mean) some people like to call it "heal and toe"

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:31 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01
what's up with the "double clutching"? I thought that was just an old wives' tale. (or a Vin Diesel quote from the fast and the furious) Was that improvised heel/toe? Maybe I'm just not seeing something, but it looked pretty odd to me. Not baggin' on ya, just wondering.
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:07 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang01
what's up with the "double clutching"? I thought that was just an old wives' tale. (or a Vin Diesel quote from the fast and the furious) Was that improvised heel/toe? Maybe I'm just not seeing something, but it looked pretty odd to me. Not baggin' on ya, just wondering.
The reason Vin Diesel talks about it is an enigma as it is not used in drag racing. Back in the day when everybody had regular manual gearboxes, as you braked you would have to "heel toe", here's why. On a long straight or sweeper turn you'll get up to your top gear. However, if the turn at the end of the straight is best accelerated out of in third gear, you have yourself a problem. You can wait until you've braked all the way let off the brake push in the clutch, rev match the motor, shift and take off or you can double clutch. The reason you do it is to match the revs of the motor to what they will be in the lower gear. If you can shift while you're braking as opposed to after you've finished braking, you essentially save yourself at least 1/10 of a second in EVERY TURN. If a track has ten turns you save yourself a second per lap. After...say a NASCAR race of say 200 laps, you have yourself quite a lead.

A big part of racing is smoothness. If you've ever driven a manual and just downshifted, you'll know that the car jerks around pretty harshly and kind of engine brakes. The more gears you go down the more the car jerks you around. When you're going around turns at the limit of adhesion you definitely don't want that jerk to happen, you'll spin out.

I believe people in SCCA will still use "heel toe". Although they don't use their heel or toe anymore. As you can see I use the side of my foot which is pretty much what everybody does these days. However, back in the day you would have to put the ball of your foot near your toes on the brake and turn your foot sideways to be able to reach the accelerator and rev-match the motor. That's how I started out but eventually moved on to using the side of my foot.

If anyone still doesn't understand but is interested to learn more, I'll make a video explaining everything in detail. The how the why and such...explaining everything.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:11 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

If Horse ever reads this I'm sure he'll confirm that he does it too
Old 03-03-2005, 02:16 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01
Cool! Thanks for explaining that. A video would be cool, you should do that.
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:00 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Haha, it might be boring to watch 232 but I'll see what I can do and if I can really get everyone to understand.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:02 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to Horse Send a message via Yahoo to Horse
I acctually don't heel-toe at all. Not that it isn't a good idea, but ususally on the tracks that I race, I find it more useful to downshift while braking and slip the clutch with no gas to help me decellerate quicker, then once I'm entering the turn I have the option to give it more throttle to induce oversteer, or take it easy and then punch it again when I'm lined up for the next straight. Road course racers will use heel toe shifting a ton however. SCCA events generally you're only doing between 40 and 60 tops. Most manuvering is done at far lower speeds beacuse it's a lot of hairpin turns or slolams... God I have to learn how to spell that.

Oh, as an aside, I have huge feet, which makes it somewhat harder for me to heel toe... My foot won't fit that way. The side of the foot would work but Ford put the gas pedal about an inch and a half too low for it to work very well.

And P.S. number 2: He wasn't double clutching, I think he was dropping 2 gears... At least that's what it looked like to me.

P.S. #3 Nice movie.

P.S. #4 Ok, I'm done now.
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 06:25 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Haha, thanks for the input Horse! I didn't know you guys only hit 40-60, do you drive Solo II? What kinds of cars do the winners seem to be driving these days...any Supras? Kind of a heavy car but definitely has potential. Lastly, I always thought they tried to imitate road course races, how many miles, if any, are the tracks usually?

Just because you mentioned it, it's spelled slaloms

Kris...was it on this car that we lifted the accelerator so that you could double clutch of was it on your last car?
Old 03-04-2005, 06:47 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I race solo II, and generally the courses are only a half mile or so, and that's because you run multiple laps. Most of the competitions are held in parking lots so they courses can't be TOO big. Generally the cars that win are small cars. Mini's and miatas seem to dominate. Then there are the Cobra's Firehawks and TA's that do well too. I'm kind of in the middle. I'm not a little car, and I'm not a giant V8 beast either... I have an aweful lot of fun though.

Oh VW Golfs seem to do well too.
4.2L , CAI, BBK 65MM throttle body, 30lb injectors, SSM ported intakes, FLEX 1/2" spacer, RPM big valve heads, Comp roller rockers and cam, ASP-underdrive pulley, GT rear swaybar, & Quad Shocks, Full MM Coilover conversion, 17" Grey Torque Thrust wheels, FMS Aluminum driveshaft 8.8 rear w/ 3.73 gears, Tri-Ax Shorthrow shifter & SPEC stage II clutch w/ aluminum flywheel
Old 03-04-2005, 08:30 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

That's basically what I expected, all the light cars would dominate unless you had massive power to make up in the straights. Usually the cars with massive power weigh a bit and the cars that are light have engines to fit...I want to drive a mini so badly!
Old 03-04-2005, 08:31 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Miatas are normally a pretty good track car...with the right driver. Then again, a good driver in a stock 6er holds up pretty good b/c of the amount of power. It's not enough to get the car real loose, but it still enough to get you going around the track good.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 08:34 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Miatas are normally a pretty good track car...with the right driver. Then again, a good driver in a stock 6er holds up pretty good b/c of the amount of power. It's not enough to get the car real loose, but it still enough to get you going around the track good.
A friend of mine has a miata but it's always broken or has a problem. When it gets fixed I'm going to ask to drive it as soon as i can
Old 03-04-2005, 08:38 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

They are some fun cars...I was riding with a friend and we did a 180 at 45 without slowing down one bit...
Our's:
Old 03-04-2005, 08:42 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Haha, awesome! The dog in your avatar is the one your girlfriend named? Or was that not you?

I hear that in miatas it's easy to spin out because you can't feel it coming, then all of a sudden you've spun. Can anybody confirm that to be correct?
Old 03-04-2005, 08:44 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hehe that's Tess..mine and my gf's puppy.
And yeh..Miata's are very tempermental cars, you have to know exactly what you're doin in one.
Our's:
Old 03-05-2005, 10:33 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

One of the guy's that I race with drives one, and has the alignment "tuned for sport," and he said that "...if you sneeze while driving it down the hiway, you're in for some sport."
Old 03-06-2005, 04:45 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

What is up with miatas anyway? I beat turbocharged ones all the time. What's the deal, they're not really that slow are they?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos