I don't care what you say about Chevy... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-09-2005, 08:55 PM   #36
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by charkelly9
okay... haha.. reasonably priced for the power... better than a ferria or something along those lines
Yea but Ferrari is an import to us which is why it is as expensive as it is to buy here. Chebby is an American owned Company.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2005, 09:09 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
bang per buck for exotic car = gt40.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:06 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to red herring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
[in a retarded voice]Modding a cobra is more cost effective than modding a vette for starters, which is the whole reason he brought it up. This is a MUSTANG forum and generally people here are FORD people. Ford and Chevy do not mix. [/in a retarded voice]
Why would Ford and Chevy not mix? You can't like rival companies? That is ridiculous. I mean, somebody out there must sincerely dislike Chevy and like Ford, but to dislike one because you like the other is absurd.

Also, you were talking about the Cobra being more cost effective but fast 64 just said his dad was looking for a used Cobra for 25-30k and here is a 2001 z06 with only 30k miles for under 30k dollars.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=recycler
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2005, 11:52 PM   #39
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by red herring
Why would Ford and Chevy not mix? You can't like rival companies? That is ridiculous. I mean, somebody out there must sincerely dislike Chevy and like Ford, but to dislike one because you like the other is absurd.
Because they are rival companies and I am a Ford person. It's really not that hard to grasp I promise.

If you don't have a particular automotive company you live and breathe then go get your cookie right now god damnit! Cause I live and breath Ford and I live and breathe Mustangs and I piss on Chevy!

Quote:
Also, you were talking about the Cobra being more cost effective but fast 64 just said his dad was looking for a used Cobra for 25-30k and here is a 2001 z06 with only 30k miles for under 30k dollars.

Well for starters that isnt a 2005 which is what this whole thread is about. That car looks so much better than the new ones but I still dont like the looks.

Plus it is 2 years older than a 2003 Cobra

Bluemustang was saying you could go out and by a 03-04 Cobra for 15k less than you can buy the new corvette for and have a hell of alot more power for your money

Nice try though.

Reddit
Old 05-10-2005, 12:00 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Why would Ford and Chevy not mix? You can't like rival companies? That is ridiculous.
i like the yankees, the yankees rival are the redsox, so for that reason i ****ING HATE THE REDSOX. does that help you understand.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 12:17 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I already understand I'm just saying it's absurd. The whole idea that if you like someone/something then you have to dislike the rival is asinine. What about when it comes to exotic cars like Ferrari and Lamborghini and Zonda, can you only like one? If you had one must you detest the rival? Why would you do that?

Quote:
Plus it is 2 years older than a 2003 Cobra

Bluemustang was saying you could go out and by a 03-04 Cobra for 15k less than you can buy the new corvette for and have a hell of alot more power for your money
Why did you bring up that the 2001 is 2 years older than a 2003 Cobra and then say you could get a 2003 Cobra for less than a 2005 Corvette when there is still 2 years difference? Also, power isn't everything. It's how the car feels and how connected you feel to the road and such. Maybe this is where our opinions differ.

It seems like you're just talking about speed. You could make a Cobra have the same 1/4 mile time as a vette for less. But in that case why wouldn't you just buy a Civic and get the same 1/4 time for even less than a Cobra? It seems like you just want the Ford name or the Cobra name.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:28 AM   #42
Regular

Quote:
I already understand I'm just saying it's absurd. The whole idea that if you like someone/something then you have to dislike the rival is asinine. What about when it comes to exotic cars like Ferrari and Lamborghini and Zonda, can you only like one? If you had one must you detest the rival? Why would you do that?
Like I said I like TransAms but other than that I don't like any car that is associated with Chevy. Ford is my thing and Chevy simply isn't. I don't like them and they rival my favorite car.

I am soooo glad that Chevy and Ford fit your tastes and you like both of them. Please give yourself a pat on the back cause you deserve it!

Quote:
Why did you bring up that the 2001 is 2 years older than a 2003 Cobra and then say you could get a 2003 Cobra for less than a 2005 Corvette when there is still 2 years difference?
Because there isnt a 2005 Cobra and its a 1 year difference between 2004 and 2005. Math owns you.

Quote:
Also, power isn't everything. It's how the car feels and how connected you feel to the road and such.
You ever ride in a Corvette? You will def. feel something and it is the road.

Quote:
Maybe this is where our opinions differ.

Possibly but I doubt it. I just hate Chevy

Quote:
It seems like you're just talking about speed.

Please re read my posts I have stated ELEVENTY BILLION TIMES I do not like the way the new corvette looks.

I was going on what Bluemustang said and defending him.

Quote:
You could make a Cobra have the same 1/4 mile time as a vette for less. But in that case why wouldn't you just buy a Civic and get the same 1/4 time for even less than a Cobra?
Because its a civic and in a totally different ball park. Cobra, Corvette.... civic? Stop trying to use this argument. It doesn't fly. Anything can be made fast. You take two cars that ARE MADE to go fast and then you compare them and their potential and what you are getting for your money. You get more for your money when you buy a 2004 Cobra than you do when you buy a 2005 Ferrari/Viper/Vette.

Quote:
It seems like you just want the Ford name or the Cobra name.
NO ****ING WAY

Reddit
Old 05-10-2005, 12:29 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Why did you bring up that the 2001 is 2 years older than a 2003 Cobra and then say you could get a 2003 Cobra for less than a 2005 Corvette when there is still 2 years difference? Also, power isn't everything. It's how the car feels and how connected you feel to the road and such. Maybe this is where our opinions differ.

It seems like you're just talking about speed. You could make a Cobra have the same 1/4 mile time as a vette for less. But in that case why wouldn't you just buy a Civic and get the same 1/4 time for even less than a Cobra? It seems like you just want the Ford name or the Cobra name.
do you know how much i will cost to get a civic to 400rwhp? its not economical.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:31 AM   #44
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
Oh but its the power to weight ratio.

Reddit
Old 05-10-2005, 12:33 AM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
you could just get a body kit, neons, spinners, tinted windows, paint job, and lots of decals and you'll be able to smoke both the cobra, viper and corvette.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas
you could just get a body kit, neons, spinners, tinted windows, paint job, and lots of decals and you'll be able to smoke both the cobra, viper and corvette.
and yellow paint takes 9 seconds off your ET
Old 05-10-2005, 06:10 AM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

$30k could get you an 03-04 cobra with a kenne bell on it and a boatload of other mods that would spank that z06. but that z06 does look 100x better than the c6 vettes.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:26 AM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=619385

600 rwhp cobra for $30k obo. with still more power left in it, i wanna know what it would put down on the dyno with that 25# pulley!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:46 AM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=619385

600 rwhp cobra for $30k obo. with still more power left in it, i wanna know what it would put down on the dyno with that 25# pulley!

You can get a 02 Lingenfelter Vette for $47,000 and have 750 Hp and rape everyone on the street!!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!

This whole arguement is so childish. The whole Hate Chevy thing is absurd. A true car Enthusiast likes all perfrmance cars and enjoys being around the nicest cars made no matter make. Hate for a car company is just narrow minded, fruity pie, low foreheaded, numb nutted, goofy!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 10:12 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Id love to know where you got the price of 47.5 for a TT Ling cause last I knew they were going over a 100K

BTW now imagine a single turbo-ed cobra just as fast as the Ling :yup:

Anywho the vette looks ugly plain and simple cant deny the power plant in it but why have something that looks like its been raped by a Viper seriously. And all this your not a true car eth. is such bs get over it. SOme people like it Some people dont. I rather spend 60K+ on something thats a better bang for the buck :yup:
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:21 AM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
Id love to know where you got the price of 47.5 for a TT Ling cause last I knew they were going over a 100K
That is what they charge for a 2002 with there kit on it.

Quote:
Imagine my friends 74 Chevette with a 454 rat motor with Supercharger and 250 shot nitrous pulling 7's in the quarter. Anything can be made fast

Quote:
And all this your not a true car eth. is such bs get over it. SOme people like it Some people dont. I rather spend 60K+ on something thats a better bang for the buck :yup:
I was not talking about just the vette. I am talking about performance cars in general. I leave hate for something meaningful. I have respect for all performance cars even Foxbodies !!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 10:21 AM   #52
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:

Anywho the vette looks ugly plain and simple cant deny the power plant in it but why have something that looks like its been raped by a Viper seriously. And all this your not a true car eth. is such bs get over it. SOme people like it Some people dont. I rather spend 60K+ on something thats a better bang for the buck :yup:
Maybe that 47k is on top of the price of the base vette.

As for the Vette, it does nothing for me. Anything after the 70s does nothing for me. I haven't liked their styling and probably won't start liking their styling specially if they continue to bastardize other cars to create their styling. It has great power, and for that I will respect it on the street, but as a car as a whole, it is not that special in my book.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:33 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

^ :wstupid:
Old 05-10-2005, 10:35 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That is what they charge for a 2002 with there kit on it
BTW no way in heck sorry man Ive seen listed prices of over 100K maybe the kit itself is 47K like SMurfin said but Ive NEVER seen a Ling go that cheap ever, I even just right now took a quick peek over at Z06forums.com even comments there are along the lines :wish I had 100K for that"

Just saying but if you got a link even better :yup:

BTW agree with the rest money can make anything fast :yup:
Old 05-10-2005, 10:40 AM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

http://www.lingenfelter.com/pack_cor_c5_550.htm

http://www.lingenfelter.com/pack_cor_c5_725.htm

Yes that was 47,000 plus base

So 30,000 for a 2002 vette and 47,000 for a Lingenfelter TT 427 pack is 77,000 not 100,000.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:10 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

hey I just go by what the vette people go by on their board. Im not a chevy fan thats close to a 100K though you know ya gotta figure in taxes and whatever other secret cost they got too :yup:
Old 05-10-2005, 12:53 PM   #57
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
You can get a 02 Lingenfelter Vette for $47,000 and have 750 Hp and rape everyone on the street!!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!

This whole arguement is so childish. The whole Hate Chevy thing is absurd. A true car Enthusiast likes all perfrmance cars and enjoys being around the nicest cars made no matter make. Hate for a car company is just narrow minded, fruity pie, low foreheaded, numb nutted, goofy!!!
So basically you just said he could spend 77k dollars for 750hp or 30k dollars for 600 hp with more room to grow... and you used that as an arguement

Reddit
Old 05-10-2005, 01:14 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So basically you just said he could spend 77k dollars for 750hp or 30k dollars for 600 hp with more room to grow... and you used that as an arguement
^^This is why I said it seems like you're just comparing speed.

And yes in a Corvette you can feel the road the Cobra isn't exactly the best ride either.

But all this nonsense isn't even a big deal to me, I just find it strange that you would dislike a car company. It's just like Danger Dude said, all you "guys that like cars", to save the enthusiast name, should just appreciate every car individually instead of going against a Chevy name. That is just completely ridiculous. I mean, I understand you're a Ford guy but, wow, why so extreme?
Old 05-10-2005, 01:19 PM   #59
Regular

Quote:
^^This is why I said it seems like you're just comparing speed.

And yes in a Corvette you can feel the road the Cobra isn't exactly the best ride either.

But all this nonsense isn't even a big deal to me, I just find it strange that you would dislike a car company. It's just like Danger Dude said, all you "guys that like cars", to save the enthusiast name, should just appreciate every car individually instead of going against a Chevy name. That is just completely ridiculous. I mean, I understand you're a Ford guy but, wow, why so extreme?
I don't like Chevy cars

Where is this so hard to grasp?

There is one car in the GMC lineup I like and it is the TransAm.

So I don't like Chevy.... because I don't like their cars and they just so happen to rival my favorite car.

Like I said if you don't favor a particular car or Car Company then just give yourself a pat on the back cause frankly I don't care if you think its absurb or not.

I gave you my opinion and I frankly don't care what you think of it. I don't like the new corvette at all and its because it looks like 3 cars in one. It. Looks. Like. Crap. To. Me.

Not going to pay 45k dollars for something I don't like the looks out of. Sure its fast but thats the only thing that it has going for it. I would rather buy the car I like (which just so happenes to be cheaper, looks 10000x better to me, and has the nice blue oval on the front) and I can get the same amount of power out of it as the Corvette with just alittle work!

Good grief.

And I am not arguing speed for the last time! I was stating what Corey said was not a very good example if your going to use a 77k 750hp car and compare it to a 30k 600hp car.

Christ!

Reddit
Old 05-10-2005, 01:25 PM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Yes numbnuts . Hp is not the only issue!!! Weight is also an issue, so is center of gravity and ride height. Not to mention the Corvette is one of the best handling cars out there. I am not arguing about nothing just pointing fact. You are a hater so your imput is rather flawed to begin with.

You see I am a Mustang fan but given a choice between a Corvette or a 03-04 Cobra I would probably go with a Corvette. Now if it is between a Corvette or a 06-07 GT500 Shelby Cobra I would go with the Cobra.

I have driven a 04 Corvette and a 03 Viper and a 03 Cobra and without a doubt the Cobra is no way shape or form as good handling as a Vette or a Viper and stock for stock the Vette and Viper are faster!!! Hell my V6 really handles better than a 03-04 Cobra especially in the mountain. The Cobra is front end heavy as hell and plows in tight twisties in the mountain roads which is why I like the Corvette I am a road and performance guy more than a drag racing fan
Old 05-10-2005, 01:33 PM   #61
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Yes numbnuts . Hp is not the only issue!!! Weight is also an issue, so is center of gravity and ride height. Not to mention the Corvette is one of the best handling cars out there. I am not arguing about nothing just pointing fact. You are a hater so your imput is rather flawed to begin with.
Werd I am a hater, because I don't like Chevy

Quote:
You see I am a Mustang fan but given a choice between a Corvette or a 03-04 Cobra I would probably go with a Corvette. Now if it is between a Corvette or a 06-07 GT500 Shelby Cobra I would go with the Cobra.

Quote:
I have driven a 04 Corvette and a 03 Viper and a 03 Cobra and without a doubt the Cobra is no way shape or form as good handling as a Vette or a Viper and stock for stock the Vette and Viper are faster!!!
lol so your saying that you would spend 77k dollars for good handling decent power... and not 30k dollars for decent handling (which there is a whole aftermarket for that could make it handle just like any 77k dollar vette out there) and 150 less hp which is no where near the peak for the 03-04 cobra?

If so good for you but I dont have 47k dollars to just blow and If I did it sure as hell wouldn't be going to a vette.

I think we keep(or Red Herring keeps) going back around in circles. I keep saying the samething over and over again and I am getting tired of it. I don't like Chevy cars. So sue me. If you do then that is PERFECTLY fine. But do not go telling me it is absurb to not like every car manufacture in existence, because that pisses me the **** off. I respect your opinion and you can go buy whatever you want. Just because you don't have a particular car company you favor doesn't mean you can tell me what is absurb and what isn't.

Reddit
Old 05-10-2005, 01:39 PM   #62
Legacy Member
Legacy

corey, i respect the vette b/c its a mean machine, i just think the c6 body style is ugly.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:40 PM   #63
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Werd I am a hater, because I don't like Chevy

I don't like Chevy cars. So sue me. If you do then that is PERFECTLY fine. But do not go telling me it is absurb to not like every car manufacture in existence.
You are absurd and could I sue you???? HUMMMM!!!! Let me check into it!! MUHAHAHAHHAHA

You are a fun person to get ranting BY GOD!!!!

You can hate all you want my young Fordnatic !!!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 01:45 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

if someone gave me a vette..............i'd take it.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:59 PM   #65
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
i like the new vettes, except for the headlights. im a sucker for popups.

and the vettes arent quasi vipers. if anything the new vipers were a ripoff of the vettes styling(now more angular and swept, when they used to be round and bubbly).

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #66
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
im a sucker for popups
That is the one thing I could never stand. Just seems to be a hold out of the 70's. The only hide aways have ever liked were on the 69 Camaro
Old 05-10-2005, 06:50 PM   #67
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
I consider the corvette its own little area... not really directly linked to chevy, like the cobra, its put together by a hand full of people, either way I know its a chevy product... but its on another plane of quality that no other chevy really reaches. I would DEFINATLY drive one... but I wouldnt be a chevy guy for it...
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:51 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via AIM to charkelly9
whoa a guy with a 89 fox wants to put down a 05 vette because its made by another company. ..and from his statements have resulted in 4 worthless pages of arguements.. this shouldnt even be considered a forum. hahah
charkelly9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:53 PM   #69
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by charkelly9
whoa a guy with a 89 fox wants to put down a 05 vette because its made by another company. ..and from his statements have resulted in 4 worthless pages of arguements.. this shouldnt even be considered a forum. hahah
talk about stirring the hornets nest. I hope you are ready.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:58 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Send a message via AIM to 19ClearCobra96 Send a message via MSN to 19ClearCobra96
^ yeah have fun lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
i like the new vettes, except for the headlights. im a sucker for popups.

and the vettes arent quasi vipers. if anything the new vipers were a ripoff of the vettes styling(now more angular and swept, when they used to be round and bubbly).
I'm sure that is exactly what dodge was going for BUBBLY lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos