Got the subs hooked up - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-24-2005, 04:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Thumbs up Got the subs hooked up

when i first posted some pics of my car, i had a tv and a ps2 in there. well the next day after i took the pics, the tv fried and ever since then i have been rollin with a pretty much stock int. today begins the rebuild process. subs today, underbody kit gets fixed in 2 weeks and the tv and ps2 should be back in my car in about another month. so hopefully by the mid-end of june, everything should be finished. here are some pics of the stereo. they were put in the other way with the subs facing the seats. this way, they hit ALOT harder.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2005, 04:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
those 10s?

and what unit did you have that it fried? Im hoping you sent back to the company to either get replaced or serviced to work again??

What else you got planned?
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
those 10s?

and what unit did you have that it fried? Im hoping you sent back to the company to either get replaced or serviced to work again??

What else you got planned?
yeah, audiobahn power excursion 10's.
and i forgot to take pics of the amp. its a punch power 550s amp. its mounted on the backside of the box.

and yes, i sent it back to the company, and i *****ed them out for it b/c its not the first unit to go. i have gone through two other brands from these people (pyle, power acoustik, and the soundstorm which was the last one). the new one i am getting is an all-in-one jensen unit. its supposed to be alot better than the pieces of **** i been getting.

the other plans are to just put back in the car what i had. in-dash tv/dvd/cd player with radio, ps2, underbody kit. i really dont know of any other interior mods i want to do. after all my **** gets fixed, i'll have enough entertainment for me and my friends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2005, 05:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

heres a pic of the amp
Old 05-24-2005, 05:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
no offense but I see why your units **** the bed cause well those are the lowest of the low in brand name audio world.

Should have just gotten a Kenwood or Eclipse and been done with it :yup:

Hopefully the new unit works out for ya man :yup:

I have to start thinking of an audio setup for my fox cause its still stock **** in it disgusts me :yup:
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang
no offense but I see why your units **** the bed cause well those are the lowest of the low in brand name audio world.

Should have just gotten a Kenwood or Eclipse and been done with it :yup:

Hopefully the new unit works out for ya man :yup:

I have to start thinking of an audio setup for my fox cause its still stock **** in it disgusts me :yup:

none taken. i realize now that to get good products, you are gonna hafta spend a little more. best buy sells these units for 900. i talked to the guy at best buy just to get a little info on this particular product. he told me that he has never had one **** up on him and the only complaint he has heard was the tv tuner not getting good reception. i dont really care about that b/c you can only catch like 4 channels anyway and the only video i watch in my car is dvd's anyway. but the tv tuner shouldnt be a problem for me b/c i have an extra receptor for this from a past product which should boost reception if/when i need it.

this should be the last time a tv goes into my car. if not, i will be very very pissed and next time they will not just get a piece of my mind, they will get the whole ****in thing.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:01 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Only screen I'd put in my car is a pioneer. As far as a good head unit, eclipse all the way, I love my new eclipse hu. My subs always hit harder when turned towards the back of the trunk, O well.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 06:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Only screen I'd put in my car is a pioneer. As far as a good head unit, eclipse all the way, I love my new eclipse hu. My subs always hit harder when turned towards the back of the trunk, O well.

the screen quality on my previous units had the EXACT same pic quality as a 2k pioneer unit (as far as pixels). the screens were suprisingly clear. but they kept breaking b/c they sucked. but i will say one good thing about them, they had damn good screen quality (even the one that's screen fried).

but the jensen unit is supposed to be better so i guess we'll see. if i could do it again though, i would have saved a little longer and just got the pioneer or clarion unit.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:14 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Ha yeh, I can't afford a screen, so I don't have on lol. I'll stick with part of my current setup.
Our's:
Old 05-24-2005, 06:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
I'll stick with part of my current setup.

which is what?
Old 05-24-2005, 06:42 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
subs look nice, how do they hit? I wouldn't put a screen in my car because I don't play video games while I drive. but I must admit, navigation would come in handy sometimes
Old 05-24-2005, 06:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
subs look nice, how do they hit? I wouldn't put a screen in my car because I don't play video games while I drive. but I must admit, navigation would come in handy sometimes
the subs hit damn good. one guy thought i had 2 12's and when i said i had 10's he asked me how many and when i told him 2 he kinda looked at me like i was lying. i might get a vid of them tommorrow just to get an approximation of what they sound like.

the ps2 isnt for me while i drive, but when i am stationary or for my friends when we go out. or we'll just put in a movie.

navigation would be the only thing that i will not have in my car. it would be nice, yes, but i know where i'm goin.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

hang on, i'm gonna go get a small vid now
Old 05-24-2005, 07:00 PM   #14
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I can't stand Audiobahn but too each their own.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I can't stand Audiobahn but too each their own.
why not? i haven't had a problem with mine. yes, there are other brands that hit WAY harder, but why cant you stand it?
Old 05-24-2005, 07:19 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

okay, i got a small vid from inside the car. i could only go half way up b/c the neighbors were outside. it doesnt sound very well. in the vid it sounds like the subs are bottoming out but they arent. it is smooth, loud bass, but i guess it was too much for the camera. punch bass knob was all the way up and the bass on the cd player was all the way down and the treble was all the way up with volume up half way. i know, i need some more highs, and i'm gonna get those with the dvd player probably.

i dont think the camera could handle mah trunk of funk

the vid is here
http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...s/000_0016.MOV
Old 05-24-2005, 07:27 PM   #17
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
why not? i haven't had a problem with mine. yes, there are other brands that hit WAY harder, but why cant you stand it?
It's every ricers favorite sub.
Their voice coils tend to overheat.

They are more show imo.

They are decent performers.

Reddit
Old 05-24-2005, 08:33 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Eclipse 5423 cd player, pioneer 6x8 rev series in the doors, 5000t pioneer amp on a single vccs dvc pioneer 12, gotta upgrade the subs
Our's:
Old 05-24-2005, 09:43 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Send a message via AIM to 232stang01 Send a message via Yahoo to 232stang01
I swear by fosgate subs, I just like the way they sound. I know there are better subs out there, but that's just what I like. Looks nice mang.
232stang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:54 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
people think I'm packin' 12's...... and I got 1 - 10" sub.... lol. It's a Kenwood dB+ hittin' with 700 watts.... max of 800... pushed by a 700 watt Alpine amp, shakes the entire car... and those next to me at any stop light I may be at . One guy at a light commented he loved my system, because it vibrated his seat.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 10:54 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang01
I swear by fosgate subs, I just like the way they sound. I know there are better subs out there, but that's just what I like. Looks nice mang.
I like the old school fosgate stuff, the new stuff is crap. I'd still take a 00 model Power HX2 12 and a db1000.1 power amp over anything out there today and decimate.
Our's:
Old 05-24-2005, 11:57 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
currently I have an eclipse Headunit with all stock compontents but i just got a box, so in the next few months i will be getting P3 fosgate 10's(2) Fosgate Mono amps(one for each sub) 1 farad capacitors(2) and the top of the line viper alarm and a ****load of dynamat ohh and fosgate speakers. all Brand new at Best buy for about a 900 bucks installed.

GOD I LOVE MY JOB!!!

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 12:34 AM   #23
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpryor
currently I have an eclipse Headunit with all stock compontents but i just got a box, so in the next few months i will be getting P3 fosgate 10's(2) Fosgate Mono amps(one for each sub) 1 farad capacitors(2) and the top of the line viper alarm and a ****load of dynamat ohh and fosgate speakers. all Brand new at Best buy for about a 900 bucks installed.

GOD I LOVE MY JOB!!!
Why the hell do people still think capacitors do any good?

Reddit
Old 05-25-2005, 09:54 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

because its only like 25 bucks and i would rather not take a chance.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:53 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Why the hell do people still think capacitors do any good?
why do you think they don't?

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
stangin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:59 AM   #26
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
04stang, Id be careful buying a Jensen unit... theyre not really known to be very good in the audio world either. If I were you, Id start searching ebay for higher quality screens at discounted prices... itll be better in the long run

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 12:16 PM   #27
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangin99
why do you think they don't?
The impedence of a cap causes the energy to be only 50% available. Why it does no good is that in order for a 1 Farad cap to discharge, first the alternator output must have maxed out, and the voltage must have dropped around 1.5 volts.

So much for stopping your lights from dimming or your voltage from dropping huh?

Reddit
Old 05-25-2005, 12:19 PM   #28
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpryor
because its only like 25 bucks and i would rather not take a chance.
They do no good. So your not taking a chance. Don't waste your money.

Reddit
Old 05-25-2005, 03:13 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
04stang, Id be careful buying a Jensen unit... theyre not really known to be very good in the audio world either. If I were you, Id start searching ebay for higher quality screens at discounted prices... itll be better in the long run
i know, but the place i got it only gives store credit, so after i *****ed them out about the pieces of **** i've been getting, they are gonna send me this one to see. i think it would be better if they just sent me a good unit instead of both of us getting pissed off b/c i keep having problems with their products. but hopefully, this one works out.

i have checked these out at best buy and they seem to be pretty straight
Old 05-25-2005, 03:19 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
I get plenty of bass out of the combination of a blown 4.6 with straight through exhaust and the 12" sub in the back seat

I want to replace that pos xplod sub with a mtx sometime

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 04:50 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
subs are to heavy... there goes that car length you would have pulled on the next guy you run lol
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:04 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
subs are to heavy... there goes that car length you would have pulled on the next guy you run lol
i would say total weight = approx 50lbs. not too bad, but remember i got the 3.9
Old 05-25-2005, 11:17 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

i can VERY easily take out the subs when i go to the track, since i don't street race then that aspect is fine too.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:18 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Quote:
It's every ricers favorite sub.
Their voice coils tend to overheat.

They are more show imo.

They are decent performers.
dam brent just ripped me a new one.

i like them. they hit pretty decent when i need them to, but usually i dont like ungodly bass, i just like enough to make it present, but not drown out the mids/highs. just enough low end to add to the full spectrum. you should hear Ravell's Bolero in my car, sounds like i have a 100 piece orchestra in the back.

but they are mostly for show. even the audiobahn reps know that. on a good day the 1300W amp i have prolly has trouble putting out 800, but it looks dam good doing it. and most people with the audiobahn subs reverse mount them(that means coil in air, sub punding into the box), and have no trouble with coil overheating.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 12:29 AM   #35
Regular

^ I like your setup man and the subs fit perfect in that layout. Just not my cup of tea as far as the sub brand goes.

It would look weird with say Kicker in that same setup. Everyone builds something for their own taste and as long as you take pride in it and do it right then I have no problem with it at all.

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos