Dynoed today...got video...check it out - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Thumbs up Dynoed today...got video...check it out

Well, I hit the dyno today. Was pretty disappointed with the HP numbers, but the torque came out as I had hoped. I really wanted to hit 450+ both in HP and TQ...others with my mods have, but I think my stock mid pipe and cats are just not letting the car breathe well enough. My best run was 434.08 hp and 457.86 tq. THe other two runs were both 433, and the torque was in the 450's. All three runs were pretty consistent, but, i was just let down on the HP.

Conditions for the run were not my prefered range...it was 96* but the humidity was low only about 31%. EIther way, being this let down, I think the port job, mid pipe, and MAFia are in my very near future...unless I say **** it and go kenny bell. We will see.

<== Click "View My Garage"....they are in there. Warning...it is loud.

Cliff notes...

Hit the dyno.
Ran 434 hp, 457 tq
Upset with the HP numbers.
Vids in my garage
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2005, 08:27 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
yea i think your right on your restriction, after thats fixed it should help alot.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:49 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Dude you need to dump all the stock exhaust components. They are very restrictive.

Old 06-23-2005, 08:58 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Nice numbers...I must admit...I kindof have dyno envy ...

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:39 PM   #5

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
i think headers and the x pipe will bring you a good bit closer
Old 06-23-2005, 10:41 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

430whp, that's all? noob

nice tq numbers

I'm hoping for 400+whp by the end of the year.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:41 PM   #7
Regular

Region: Tennessee
That's just sexy

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:13 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Nice numbers man.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:03 AM   #9
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:35 AM   #10
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
I never understood why dyno shops dont just A/C the whole place and make conditions as Ideal as possible. It makes perfect sense... let the car chillin the garage with the garage closed for about an hour, have the A/C full blast... get the thing to like 70*, hardly any humidity... and let the ****er scream. Thats my opinion anyway.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:44 AM   #11
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
I never understood why dyno shops dont just A/C the whole place and make conditions as Ideal as possible. It makes perfect sense... let the car chillin the garage with the garage closed for about an hour, have the A/C full blast... get the thing to like 70*, hardly any humidity... and let the ****er scream. Thats my opinion anyway.
On Horse Power TV, they do it like that. They are in the shop, they have the dynojet in one corner, and have large flex tubes with various connectors that fit over any size tailpipe to route the exhaust out. I imagine it is quite ideal for a good dyno reading.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:03 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r
On Horse Power TV, they do it like that. They are in the shop, they have the dynojet in one corner, and have large flex tubes with various connectors that fit over any size tailpipe to route the exhaust out. I imagine it is quite ideal for a good dyno reading.
Yea, but they live in a wonderful world of "make-belive" where working on cars takes nearly no time at all and no matter what they do a couple turns of a wrench will do anything, also HP/TQ claims skyrocket with ease.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:37 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Quote:
That would be nice if your just trying to get good numbers. But if I'm tuning, I'd rather it were 100 degrees with 80% humidity in the shop just so that we could get it running under the worst possible conditions.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:17 PM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
That would be nice if your just trying to get good numbers. But if I'm tuning, I'd rather it were 100 degrees with 80% humidity in the shop just so that we could get it running under the worst possible conditions.
well, I want the numbers dammit!!! lol.

Now that I know the a/f is good in the heat...I want the numbers!!!!

Well, that run yesterday has really left a bitter taste in my mouth. I am now looking at mid pipes and the Diablo MAF.ia just to make sure I am not pegging my MAF. Plus, it gives the tuner a bit more control so we might could squeeze out some more HP. I don't think I will have the mid until the fall, but I do know it will be on this year. I want 450+ hp before I go for the port work.

Anyone have any comments about these choices? I know how the bassani is...and the only issue with it is price.

Bassani modular X pipe - comes with hi flo cats as well as replacement pipes so you can take your cats on and off anytime you want.

MRT Catted H-Pipe. This is the one I am most curious about as far as opinions.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:20 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Extreme Velocity that did my Dyno's in a Air condition building and put blowers in front of the car. They rebuilt after the fire and just recently sold to a outfit in Kentucky and moved all the equipment there DAMITTOHELL
Old 06-24-2005, 01:27 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Hell I wish I had those numbers, guess how disappointed I'd be? :p

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:34 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Are they still doing dynos at that school where we went that time Corey?
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:59 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick0636
Are they still doing dynos at that school where we went that time Corey?
Not like they use to. Several people have been calling them recently but they dont return calls. Amazon Racing is moving to Anderson and they are Mustang people. That place will become the mecca for stangs in this part.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:07 PM   #19
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Not like they use to. Several people have been calling them recently but they dont return calls. Amazon Racing is moving to Anderson and they are Mustang people. That place will become the mecca for stangs in this part.
And they are killer mustang people. They are great at tuning. Their customer service is a bit lacking, not so much in being dead beats, but more they are very short and too the point as if they want you off the phone with them asap and don't want to deal with you type of attitude. But, they do know their stuff when it comes to tuning.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:15 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
And they are killer mustang people. They are great at tuning. Their customer service is a bit lacking, not so much in being dead beats, but more they are very short and too the point as if they want you off the phone with them asap and don't want to deal with you type of attitude. But, they do know their stuff when it comes to tuning.
They have become instant sponsors of the UMC mustang club in Greenville SC.

The Carolina's are becoming the new Mecca for Stangs.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:42 PM   #21
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I'd say we should try and get them to sponsor this site as they do have a ton of great deals, but, I am not sure I like their forum sponsoring attitudes. They throw a lot of hissy fits if you even mention another parts maker that doesn't sponsor the site. The demand thread deletions (just try and post a thread about RWTD on SVTP).

But, I hear in person they are a lot better.

By the way DD...do you have any opinions on the MRT Catted H-Pipes? Any other suggestions?
Old 06-24-2005, 03:02 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
I'd say we should try and get them to sponsor this site as they do have a ton of great deals, but, I am not sure I like their forum sponsoring attitudes. They throw a lot of hissy fits if you even mention another parts maker that doesn't sponsor the site. The demand thread deletions (just try and post a thread about RWTD on SVTP).

But, I hear in person they are a lot better.

By the way DD...do you have any opinions on the MRT Catted H-Pipes? Any other suggestions?
I will see how they are on the UMC forum and see from there. I believe they have been here. As for the MRT Catted H Pipe I dont know much about it actually. Most of the guys around here seem to go with Borla exhaust products for their 03-04 Cobras and are getting pretty good numbers
Old 06-24-2005, 04:54 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
ever get back to the track again?

you should be running much better than 13.7s
Old 06-24-2005, 04:57 PM   #24
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
ever get back to the track again?

you should be running much better than 13.7s
A track visit is upcoming. I haven't had a chance as I have been breaking in a new clutch...but I believe 04stang and I will be heading out to one within the next couple of weeks. I think that even with me driving, and with the drag radials, I should be able to at least cut my 60's down to the 2.2 or maybe 2.1 range. And I should be able to get close to diping into the 12s. Now, I just need to find a helmet so I can make more than one pass...if they even let me make that one pass.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:27 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Quote:
exactly. why tune your car for 70 degree weather and 0 humidity, when you could be running 110 degree and 80% humidity all summer. no sense in tuning for 70* then come summertime you get massive knock and have to drop a few psi cause of it. besides, if you tune for it being hot, and cool weather comes, you will be making more power, since youll be tuned for hotter air(being thinner) and cool air comes(being more dense) you will make more power.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 07:10 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
exactly. why tune your car for 70 degree weather and 0 humidity, when you could be running 110 degree and 80% humidity all summer. no sense in tuning for 70* then come summertime you get massive knock and have to drop a few psi cause of it. besides, if you tune for it being hot, and cool weather comes, you will be making more power, since youll be tuned for hotter air(being thinner) and cool air comes(being more dense) you will make more power.
Smart ideas
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 08:22 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Nice Numbers
GT-Eater is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos