Well I spent my birthday underneath a bronco yesterday. then the day after underneath a bronco again.
We attemted to get the lift done in one weekend. I figure it was feasible to get 90% done in a day, especially since when I did mine over at Dale's house it took us 13 hours...with a lot of breaks. Thought it was gonna be easy, hell the rivets on the radius arm brackets were already replaced with bolts.
come to find out it wasnt. still aint quite done. Would of helped if the PO didnt mix and match hardware. Still have one more bracket and the drop pitman arm to put in. But that will have to wait since I will be gone all week.
enough talking and on with the pics
sway bars go bye-bye
Chris decided he wanted to do the easier side first.
here was what we had to come to find out.
Jeremy cutting the bolt for the leaf off
Chris cutting the other leaf off
3 hours of cutting, grinding, shaking, cussing, going to lowes, and cutting some more
us screwing with the extended brake line
finally got RJ to work
this side done
kind looks like an old dragster
figured safety orange would set off the black of the truck
not many pics for sunday. time got crunched since we had a late start and i had to be at my parents house by 4
RJ fabbing up a panel for the tailgate access panel
in between times where i had nothing to do waiting on chris or RJ to finish i started some stuff on my truck
still gotta remove the front seats, console, and front carpet
I am still debating on if I am going to bedline it right away (money tight) or if Im just gonna through the seats back in for now and call it good. Whichever i do, when i get ready to through the side panels back on I am going to run the wires for the rock lights behind them. then i need to finish fabbing up my switch mount for them so i can finish it off. The plan for the switches is to go where the radio used to be. but i am starting to think maybe somewhere else. I am mounting my CB either to the headliner or where the radio is, so maybe ill fab up a little box to mount to the console or floor for it. I do got a lot of left over MDF that I didnt use when i was building my sub boxes.
ok now for the flexing part. Saturday after we finished chris' rear i started my truck up and started to play a bit, then Chris joined in.
4" lift rear none front lol
with his new leafs vs my blocks, his rear is much better then mine...i need to order some leafs
Chris did a decent little burn out on the road right there
well thats it