Local Baton Rouge LS2 GTO and 03 Cobra gone - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Local Baton Rouge LS2 GTO and 03 Cobra gone

A couple buddies were driving to Cody @ Stang Hi's house last night and some dumb *** ***** turned in front of them and...well...here is his description and pics...

This was only a couple miles from my house, almost in Kyle's back yard if I am thinking of the right location. The dude with the cobra just got it around thanksgiving and still had temp tags on it.

And, for the record, no, they weren't racing. They were cruising along in single file heading to Cody's house to chill for a while.

The GTO was sick...well worked over and sprayed. Very cool guy...familiy...luckily they both got out alright.

For Kyle and other locals the owner of the cobra is the guy that has the super lifted truck that was at the dyno day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippleBlowJob
Chris and I just both totaled our cars tonight. He has a new LS2 GTO on spray. We were driving down Jefferson and he was in front in the right lane and a drunk driver turned in front of him.....he T-boned her and threw SUV into my car and i jumped a curb and went airborne for about 30 feet and then slid about 150 yards jumped 2 more curbs and went through a brick wall into a church.

Chris broke his foot and I hyperextended the muscles in my lower back. My car is most likely done and his car is definately done. The woman driving the SUV broke both her legs, and couldn't seem to remember how much she had to drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Hi
Look at the 2nd picture in the distance you will see the brick building with lights on it you can see the Cobra in the distance...

Advertisement

Old 01-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Local LS2 GTO and 03 Cobra gone

He just got up a little bit ago and is going to go get better pics. It is going to be hard with teh rain we are getting, but he is on his way for more pics.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Local Baton Rouge LS2 GTO and 03 Cobra gone

Holy crap!

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2007, 04:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

that freakin sucks. glad to hear everyone is alright.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #5
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Stupid drunk *****es.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

oh **** thats ****ing ****ty. oh man, the car would be the last of my problems as id be going to jail for killing the *****.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

all i can say is WOW! thats crazy. why cant people be responsible anymore?? sucks for their cars, but atleast they came out alive.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:05 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

so many stupid drivers..... she probably could care less to
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

they both need to sue her. for real, they had some money in those cars, and she was drunk and driving.. DUI + reckless endangerment = $
Old 01-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
so many stupid drivers..... she probably could care less to
she died today at the hospital
Old 01-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

she died from two broken legs? coherent enough to not remember what she drank?

cant say i feel bad. Two awesome cars were wiped out of existence, and it seems darwin has proved himself once again.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post

cant say i feel bad. Two awesome cars were wiped out of existence, and it seems darwin has proved himself once again.
she died from internal injuries
Old 01-04-2007, 11:18 PM   #13
Regular

Sucks to be her right now

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:28 PM   #14
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

you value cars over a womans life? Yeah, she screwed up, HUGLEY, she would have gone to jail and justice would have been served, she killed noone else. She did not deserve to die. It is her own fault, but it is still sad whenever a human life is taken to me.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
you value cars over a womans life? Yeah, she screwed up, HUGLEY, she would have gone to jail and justice would have been served, she killed noone else. She did not deserve to die. It is her own fault, but it is still sad whenever a human life is taken to me.
same way i feel but thats his opinion not mine no harm in that.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:37 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

saw it on svtp, pics keep getting deleted

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:49 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
you value cars over a womans life?
Yes.

if it was a kitted civic or the like and she was hot, then eh, i might be like "ah that sucks". call me vain or whatnot, but i really dont care. she took the drinks, she took the keys, she made her own decision, and she ended her life and put out two other people and killed their awesome machines.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:15 AM   #18
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Yes.

if it was a kitted civic or the like and she was hot, then eh, i might be like "ah that sucks". call me vain or whatnot, but i really dont care. she took the drinks, she took the keys, she made her own decision, and she ended her life and put out two other people and killed their awesome machines.
Wow. I really have no way to express these thoughts that are going through my head. I have lost all respect for you, as little as I already had.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:43 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

All I see are red X's.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:07 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Yes.

Once again, you prove why you are a stupid ****. Congratulations ****.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:13 AM   #21
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire

I'm not going to throw 100% support behind Thomas, but I can almost see where he's coming from.

She made the choice to drive drunk. If she drives drunk and kills herself by hitting a tree - I'd have little to no remorse for her and got what she deserved

If she drives drunk and kills somebody else - I'd have NO remorse and want them to throw the book at her

If she drives drunk and kills herself and somebody else - I'd have no remorse and say she got exactly what she deserved..

The actual events are largely in line with the first scenario.. Thus I have little to no remorse for her and got what she deserved. Now that is aside, her irresponsible actions totaled two built machines. Since I've already addressed her darwinian actions, I can have a reaction to the personal property damage independant of my feelings towards her. A drunk totaled two expensive pieces of personal property which have a great deal of emotion and passion invested into them by the owners. I feel pretty bad the owners lost their cars.

So... I don't feel bad for her, and I do feel bad for the other two.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:23 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via AIM to MidnightSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightSpeed

I definately don't agree with the whole more concerned over the cars, but yes I agree with Thomas and Ken. It was her fault for drinking and driving. The other two guys are just lucky they weren't killed as well. Yeah it sucks that she died from it but she shouldn't have decided to drive that night. I feel bad for the two guys, and not as much for her.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:39 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

wait a damn minute. nobody goes out and says to themselves, i think i'll get drunk and drive and smash my car, kill myself, and hopefully kill someone else. she didn't "ask" for this. she may have done it, but for any of you to say she asked for it, then that show me that you have complete apathy for any other life other than your own. and for any of you that can say that you have never or would never drive after having a few drinks, think carefully before you make a statement like that. you never know what situation you may be in that would require you to drive after you've had a few too many. shame on any of you that value a ****ing machine over a human life. cars can be fixed or replaced. a human life, once lost, cannot be replaced.

I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #24
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
wait a damn minute. nobody goes out and says to themselves, i think i'll get drunk and drive and smash my car, kill myself, and hopefully kill someone else. she didn't "ask" for this. she may have done it, but for any of you to say she asked for it, then that show me that you have complete apathy for any other life other than your own. and for any of you that can say that you have never or would never drive after having a few drinks, think carefully before you make a statement like that. you never know what situation you may be in that would require you to drive after you've had a few too many. shame on any of you that value a ****ing machine over a human life. cars can be fixed or replaced. a human life, once lost, cannot be replaced.

Ok, that is a very valid position. She did not 'ask' to kill herself. She exponentially increased the risk of serious bodily harm and the potential for death by her actions. She made the decision to increase that risk, and unfortunately she paid the price for that decision. It does suck and it's a shame that her actions and her decisions resulted in her death. But I cannot ascribe a feeling to her death which would equal the feeling I would have for an innocent person being killed by a drunk driver. Although I am not on a hardline here. I do not know how drunk she was, and that would definately influence my opinion. If she had two glasses of wine and the incident was not largely due to her being completely blasted but rather the slight inebriation caused slower reaction time, or allowed for her mind to wander to the song on the radio for a bit which caused the incident I would definately have a different position.

But if her BAC was well over the legal limit, and she was clearly intoxicated and had no business driving I would stand behind my initial response of "she got what she deserved"..

I still am trying to view it as two separate issues. My feelings regarding her and my feelings regarding the property damage. If one of the guys had been killed, would you think less of her than you do now? (Does that even matter - I don't know... Arguing the merits of a hypothetical worse scenario is really not productive)..
Old 01-05-2007, 08:48 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

if one of them had died, i would have said that it is a sad day that both of them had to die becasue of one person's mistake. i am not taking the blame from her. she made the decision to drive drunk. she made the mistake. but to say that you, and i mean you in general, are glad she died just because she trashed a couple of cars, that's shameful and disheartening that someone can be that selfish. like i said before, it is just a machine.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #26
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
if one of them had died, i would have said that it is a sad day that both of them had to die becasue of one person's mistake. i am not taking the blame from her. she made the decision to drive drunk. she made the mistake. but to say that you, and i mean you in general, are glad she died just because she trashed a couple of cars, that's shameful and disheartening that someone can be that selfish. like i said before, it is just a machine.
I really don't want to get into an illogical internet argument, but have not issue with the debate. It's difficult to respond to your last post because I am not at all glad she died because she trashed a couple of cars. I'm not at all glad she died in general. I think if she had lived and only had to deal with two broken legs, I would still not be glad.

I have absolutely no positive feelings, or feelings of vindication or any feeling of justice being served in her death. Again, regardless of the property damage, I am not glad she died. When considering the property damage, I am still not glad she died.

But I do not feel bad for her, that her actions led to her death, but this does not approach any feeling of gladness. I do feel bad for the two innocent people who were involved in the incident.

In a typical internet argument I'd try to completely divert the topic by throwing something out like "So do you feel a human sense of loss with the execution of Saddam?"... clearly irrelevant but to make an absurd jump to comparing her death to Saddams death is similar to the large jump you made comparing my lack of bad feelings with a feeling of gladness.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #27
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Although I may be ignorant of the real issues because I haven't seen the pictures.. all I get are the redX's... So I may not be justified to have an opinion at all..
Old 01-05-2007, 09:06 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Although I may be ignorant of the real issues because I haven't seen the pictures.. all I get are the redX's... So I may not be justified to have an opinion at all..
I too, only see red exes.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #29
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

You only see X's because they have removed all pics due to the chick dying and recommendation from his lawyer not to post them for something to do with her insurance company.

Yes, she did in fact die. No, I have absolutely no remorse for her. Yes, I believe she deserved it for driving drunk. No, I will not argue about why.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

i'm not trying to argue with you nor did i say that you were glad that she was dead. you are correct, she did not choose her actions wisely. period.

and to answer you question about Saddam, hell no i don't feel bad about that mother****er. he did deserve to die. and he did choose his actions over the course of two decades. if you premeditarily take lives, then you don't deserve your own. and that is just my opinion.

but i digress. i think this thread went from Rob showing us pics about the accident to a moral discussion. scarey how paths of a conversation can twist.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
No, I will not argue about why.
but why???

j/k

Old 01-05-2007, 09:18 AM   #32
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
but why???

j/k
Because I find not a lot of people are ready for my kind of thinking.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

good reason.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:21 AM   #34
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

One of the most interesting things to me about internet arguments is not the topic or points of the discussion, but rather the way things are interpreted or misinterpreted and the intentional misdirection in order to undermine the credibility of the opponent to win the argument. If an argument can even be won, it's interesting that it's never won on the merit of the argument but rather on the ability of one party to show the other party lacks credibility; and it doesn't matter what front this is attacked on, but is very helpful if the lack of credibilty can be spun to somehow apply to the topic...

But I though I read that you did say that "you were glad that she was dead" then in subsequently posting "nor did i say that you were glad that she was dead".. So the typical argument (on my part) would begin to focus and attack what I see as a complete contradiction and attempt to win the debate on that front..

Overall, I do enjoy the internet argument though... And each thread evolves from the topic to something completely different if not entirely unrelated.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:24 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
One of the most interesting things to me about internet arguments is not the topic or points of the discussion, but rather the way things are interpreted or misinterpreted and the intentional misdirection in order to undermine the credibility of the opponent to win the argument. If an argument can even be won, it's interesting that it's never won on the merit of the argument but rather on the ability of one party to show the other party lacks credibility; and it doesn't matter what front this is attacked on, but is very helpful if the lack of credibilty can be spun to somehow apply to the topic...

But I though I read that you did say that "you were glad that she was dead" then in subsequently posting "nor did i say that you were glad that she was dead".. So the typical argument (on my part) would begin to focus and attack what I see as a complete contradiction and attempt to win the debate on that front..

Overall, I do enjoy the internet argument though... And each thread evolves from the topic to something completely different if not entirely unrelated.
that's why i said you in general, pertaining to anyone that said it. but i see where the misinterpretation could have happened. i know that you didn't say that. you were clearly neutral on that position.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos