GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Thumbs up GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Before ya'll start calling BS, the T/A is Procharged and has a built motor running only 4 psi with a D1 Procharger. Why he's only running 4psi is beyond me. A stock Procharged LS1 should be making well over 460 RWHP at 10-11 psi depending on mods from what I've read. Low compression + low boost + auto = not very fast. Apparently the GT500 only had a Tune, CAI, and a 2.6" upper pulley.

Video.


Other forums discussing this.
anythingcars.com // View topic - The Rematch: GT500 takes out Procharged T/A

LS1TECH - New GT500 v. Procharged TA

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ighlight=trans
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-10-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Region: Texas
Posts: 317
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

almost looked to me like the T/A wasn't even racing him. i had a buddy that used to do that. he would pull up next to someone and challenge them to a race. but before they could answer, he would take off like the "race" had started. then he would brag like he had won something even if the other car wasn't racing. almost looked like the same thing was going on. but that's just my opinion.
__________________
~Roman~

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
almost looked to me like the T/A wasn't even racing him. i had a buddy that used to do that. he would pull up next to someone and challenge them to a race. but before they could answer, he would take off like the "race" had started. then he would brag like he had won something even if the other car wasn't racing. almost looked like the same thing was going on. but that's just my opinion.
Read the other threads I posted and they will tell you he was racing. Look at the LS1TECH one, the guy who started the thread knows both drivers. Apparently he is the typical **** talking F-Body owner, but this time he was the one being owned.

Also a pulleyed GT500 with a good Tune and CAI should probably be making well over 550 RWHP.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular
 
Rocket 442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Region: New York
Posts: 115
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Also a pulleyed GT500 with a good Tune and CAI should probably be making well over 550 RWHP.
While it's an impressive car obvoiuly, not really worth the price, or weight its carrying around. I'll take a 15,000 dollar charged T/A over it.

Thats like when a guy with a Corvette beats a Mustang, it's sorta supposed to happen when you look at it...

I love how both sides just hate each other. Mustang owners think F-Body owners are asshats, and the same goes the other way, but both are right when you talk to them. Maybe everyone should grow up and realize there are always bigger fish. Personally, i've gotten alot nicer comments out of GM guys than anyone with a Ford. For some reason they tell me my car's a POS, and talk **** all day long. I know that I have a GM, so their a bit biased, but I'm a fan of all cars for what they are.
__________________
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass F-85 Deluxe - 455cid F2 Block
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

that was bad like terribly bad

props to the gt500 then for real
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
While it's an impressive car obvoiuly, not really worth the price, or weight its carrying around. I'll take a 15,000 dollar charged T/A over it.

Thats like when a guy with a Corvette beats a Mustang, it's sorta supposed to happen when you look at it...

I love how both sides just hate each other. Mustang owners think F-Body owners are asshats, and the same goes the other way, but both are right when you talk to them. Maybe everyone should grow up and realize there are always bigger fish. Personally, i've gotten alot nicer comments out of GM guys than anyone with a Ford. For some reason they tell me my car's a POS, and talk **** all day long. I know that I have a GM, so their a bit biased, but I'm a fan of all cars for what they are.
I can't believe I saying this, but now I'm getting tired of hearing about the weight of the GT500. They have GT500's running 9's with a stock engine, ported stock blower, 75 shot, and a few other boltons. How many f-bodies can make that claim with such few mods, or even C6 Z06's for that matter. The only good reason to take a T/A over a GT500 is because your a GM fan and would never take a Ford over one. The GT500 is a much better car than a F-Body, just like its much better than any Mustang before it, the Chassis is 3 times better than a F-Bodies/Fox platform, as is the suspension, refinement, build quality, etc, the engines are also going to make more power mod for mod. When the new Camaro come out it will probably level out the playing field again, and it will probably weight a good bit more than a F-Body.

Of course LS1 F-Body owners talk a lot ****, as do Terminator owners. When your car is faster than the competions its easy to become smug about it. Infact the only cars that cause more smug than a Terminator/cars powered by a LS engine, is Hybrids.

And I don't hate GM cars. I would love to be rich, I would have a new Z06, and a late model red T/A, and I would have it hauling some major ***. I wasn't trying to pick on the T/A when I posted this. Like I said before I can't figure out why the T/A owner is only running 4 psi on a motor that was build to take a lot of boost. If he were running say 15 or 17 psi then he would probably be making over 600 rwhp. If you read the other threads that I posted they are talking about how the T/A owner was talking all kinds of ****, and there are even F-Body owners on there saying that they were glad that the T/A lost for that reason.

Your getting your panties in a bine for no good reason.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

GT500 > *.

OK, not really *. Just 03-04 Cobras and LS1s.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
GT500 > *.

OK, not really *. Just 03-04 Cobras and LS1s.
And Foxbodies and S197 GT's.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:41 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
And Foxbodies and S197 GT's.
"Blasphemy!", said the man with the iron skillet. No one knew why he had a freakin' iron skillet though. Just the fox part too, 'cause he agreed with the S197 GT part quite a lot.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:45 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular
 
Rocket 442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Region: New York
Posts: 115
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I can't believe I saying this, but now I'm getting tired of hearing about the weight of the GT500. They have GT500's running 9's with a stock engine, ported stock blower, 75 shot, and a few other boltons. How many f-bodies can make that claim with such few mods, or even C6 Z06's for that matter. The only good reason to take a T/A over a GT500 is because your a GM fan and would never take a Ford over one. The GT500 is a much better car than a F-Body, just like its much better than any Mustang before it, the Chassis is 3 times better than a F-Bodies/Fox platform, as is the suspension, refinement, build quality, etc, the engines are also going to make more power mod for mod. When the new Camaro come out it will probably level out the playing field again, and it will probably weight a good bit more than a F-Body.

Of course LS1 F-Body owners talk a lot ****, as do Terminator owners. When your car is faster than the competions its easy to become smug about it. Infact the only cars that cause more smug than a Terminator/cars powered by a LS engine, is Hybrids.

And I don't hate GM cars. I would love to be rich, I would have a new Z06, and a late model red T/A, and I would have it hauling some major ***. I wasn't trying to pick on the T/A when I posted this. Like I said before I can't figure out why the T/A owner is only running 4 psi on a motor that was build to take a lot of boost. If he were running say 15 or 17 psi then he would probably be making over 600 rwhp. If you read the other threads that I posted they are talking about how the T/A owner was talking all kinds of ****, and there are even F-Body owners on there saying that they were glad that the T/A lost for that reason.

Your getting your panties in a bine for no good reason.
First, My panties are doing just fine. I just don't see anything out of the ordinary with that run. A 4# boosted T/A isn't going to do much against a GT500. If you want I can post some 4# Boosted Mustang GT's against some Z06's if you'd like (it will have the same result) and that isn't to show GM>Ferd, just that it shouldn't shock anyone. If that T/A Owner was talking ****, then he's a ******nozzle, which could easily be the case.

About "9's" please don't argue that. This guy is running a stock Z06, with just DR's on it. Adding what is on those 9 second GT500's, and you've got a mid-9 second Z06 (that can still corner)
Quote:
On my first pass of the day, after an hour-long cool-down and change of rear tires to the BFGs, I ran a clean pass with the type of launch and 1-2 shift I’ve been looking for. Here are the splits:

60'........1.679 3650 launch rpm with a fast clutch release and fast throttle squeeze
330'......4.625
660'......7.046 102.61
1000'.....9.114
1320'...10.856 129.50
You heard enough about the weight???? Maybe people are *****ing about it for a reason.
My 96 Impala SS (A 4 Door Luxo-box V8) weighs about the same as the GT500. When you're building a car that is made for cornering as well as the straight line, you don't make it weigh 4000+ lbs, sorry.

And I think the car's are still good looking, and have some good power, I just don't think their the Awe inspiring gifts from the heavens other people think they are.
__________________
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass F-85 Deluxe - 455cid F2 Block
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Why is everyone trying to compare the GT500 to the Z06. If anything you should compare it to the stock vette, they're closer to the same price and market segment.
If we want to run flagship cars against each other, let's put a Z06 and GT on a road track and see the results.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
And I think the car's are still good looking, and have some good power, I just don't think their the Awe inspiring gifts from the heavens other people think they are.
You obviously haven't been around here enough. The general consensus around here is that they blow ***. I happen to disagree with it, but whatever.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
First, My panties are doing just fine. I just don't see anything out of the ordinary with that run. A 4# boosted T/A isn't going to do much against a GT500. If you want I can post some 4# Boosted Mustang GT's against some Z06's if you'd like (it will have the same result) and that isn't to show GM>Ferd, just that it shouldn't shock anyone. If that T/A Owner was talking ****, then he's a ******nozzle, which could easily be the case.

About "9's" please don't argue that. This guy is running a stock Z06, with just DR's on it. Adding what is on those 9 second GT500's, and you've got a mid-9 second Z06 (that can still corner)

You heard enough about the weight???? Maybe people are *****ing about it for a reason.
My 96 Impala SS (A 4 Door Luxo-box V8) weighs about the same as the GT500. When you're building a car that is made for cornering as well as the straight line, you don't make it weigh 4000+ lbs, sorry.

And I think the car's are still good looking, and have some good power, I just don't think their the Awe inspiring gifts from the heavens other people think they are.
You sound like me before I got my Terminator on the weight issue of the GT500, but yes I agree that they should try to make them lighter because they are heavy cars.

The new Z06 could not handle the mods a GT500 can on a stock motor. BTW the GT500's MSRP is about 25-30k less than a new Z06's, and they were not build to compete with each other so of couse a new Z06 will handle better, and I would rather have a new Z06 over a GT500.

Your Impala SS weighs well over 4000lbs unless you have done something to lighten it up, and GT500's weigh around 3900lbs. A Bugatti Veyron weighs over 4400lbs and it will corner just fine.

I personally thing the GT500 are rather ugly sitting stock and I don't know why because I thought the concept cars looked really good and the look is not all that different.

BTW you really do have panties?
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
rocknbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 831
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

This bring me to wonder why a GM guy would bother posting amoung us Ford fans you know whats gonna happen and no wonder why you get compliments from fellow GM fans you all like being in GM product like we do in Fords. I like other cars than Ford in some applications and yes some of the cars out there are badder than Mustangs or Corvettes no matter how big you are there is always someone bigger kinda like the Corvette guy messing with the Skyline guy over before it began.
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular
 
Rocket 442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Region: New York
Posts: 115
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
If we want to run flagship cars against each other, let's put a Z06 and GT on a road track and see the results.
Okay thats fine with me since you want to turn it into a GM vs. Ford thing.

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 vs. Ford GT vs. Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe - Road Test & Review - Automobile Magazine
Quote:
The Corvette is just awesome. It is the lightest of our three cars by more than 300 pounds, and that shows on acceleration down the short straightaways and on braking into the tightest corners. (The brakes do go away the next day, probably the corollary, as technical editor Don Sherman points out, of its slightly front-heavy weight distribution.) Man, this thing is fast. And it sounds fast, too. The handling is spectacular, with mild initial understeer and a very neutral stance that can be teased into power oversteer with provocation from your right foot. The steering really livens up at max attack and loses the artificiality we had noticed on the street. Driving the Corvette hard is a delight and a challenge--it's a world-class track car, as special when pushed as it is unexceptional when driving down the highway.

Steering wheel view of the Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe
The GT, too, is magic on track. The steering, which is light on the road, weights up and reminds you of a good racing car's: totally intuitive, relaying everything that's going on. You notice that this is quite a heavy car when you bury the center pedal, but otherwise you can throw it around as if it were a Mazda Miata. It won't go as far sideways as the Corvette, but you can power-slide it, or you can simply revel in its superb traction and crisp turn-in. It also has the best gearshift of the three, as precise and light and fast as the Viper's is slow and clunky. We even get a Le Mans-style moment while heading down the back straight, lights aglow, staring at a brilliant red sun as it dips toward the horizon.

It's funny how close the Z06 gets for being more than half the price of the GT (Z06 and GT500 are alot closer in price than the GT). ALso, better do this soon, when the Blue Devil comes out, the GT will get its *** beat.

Thanks for your comments.
__________________
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass F-85 Deluxe - 455cid F2 Block
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular
 
Rocket 442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Region: New York
Posts: 115
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco View Post
This bring me to wonder why a GM guy would bother posting amoung us Ford fans you know whats gonna happen and no wonder why you get compliments from fellow GM fans you all like being in GM product like we do in Fords. I like other cars than Ford in some applications and yes some of the cars out there are badder than Mustangs or Corvettes no matter how big you are there is always someone bigger kinda like the Corvette guy messing with the Skyline guy over before it began.
Actually buddy I've owned 2 Mustangs, so sorry if I'm not welcome, but as I've said above in the thread I enjoy all cars, I just like some a bit more than others, and it has nothing to do with the badge on the front of them.
__________________
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass F-85 Deluxe - 455cid F2 Block
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
Okay thats fine with me since you want to turn it into a GM vs. Ford thing.

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 vs. Ford GT vs. Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe - Road Test & Review - Automobile Magazine

It's funny how close the Z06 gets for being more than half the price of the GT. ALso, better do this soon, when the Blue Devil comes out, the GT will get its *** beat.

Thanks for your comments.
Look here homeboy your the one turning this into a war so why don't you just chill out.

When the GT was released it would destroy anything that GM offered so GM had time to study how good the GT was.

The Z06 is an amazing car at an amazing price, but its not unbeatable, and in a recent Motor Trend article the GT was turning faster laptime than the Z06 at a very big/technical course, but yes the Z06 is a better deal than a Ford GT, but when the GT was relase it a was a great deal when you compared it to its competition.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:36 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
rocknbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 831
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
Actually buddy I've owned 2 Mustangs, so sorry if I'm not welcome, but as I've said above in the thread I enjoy all cars, I just like some a bit more than others, and it has nothing to do with the badge on the front of them.
I never said you were not welcome and I welcome everyones view points but you dont see me going to a gay rights group and telling them how much I cant stand ****. I know most of us enjoy cars other than Mustangs I love Broncos and Super Dutys as well and FJ40's as well as Jeeps,Nissan and other Toyotas,I just hate Scions and Hondas,even some GM's and Dodges dare I say.
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:47 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco View Post
I never said you were not welcome and I welcome everyones view points but you dont see me going to a gay rights group and telling them how much I cant stand ****. I know most of us enjoy cars other than Mustangs I love Broncos and Super Dutys as well and FJ40's as well as Jeeps,Nissan and other Toyotas,I just hate Scions and Hondas,even some GM's and Dodges dare I say.
:pissed: Toyota's suck, I hate them.

GTR > Supra.
















































I'm just messing with ya.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:54 PM   #20
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Does everything have to turn into a pissing match? Damn!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Does everything have to turn into a pissing match? Damn!
Nate, the Cobra Commander will beat your Jeep offroading anyday.:smoke:
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:09 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

not impressed by either. id hope the car that cost 70k$+ out the door wins.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular
 
Rocket 442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Region: New York
Posts: 115
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Look here homeboy your the one turning this into a war so why don't you just chill out.
I don't know where you're getting that from, I really just put in my opinion on a DISCUSSION BOARD. I said through the thread I like both cars, but didn't think that anyone should be suprised at the outcome to that race.
All i used as comparisons were higher scale cars to lower ones to show that chances are the GM would lose that race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442
but I'm a fan of all cars for what they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442
and that isn't to show GM>Ferd, just that it shouldn't shock anyone. If that T/A Owner was talking ****, then he's a ******nozzle, which could easily be the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442
And I think the car's are still good looking, and have some good power, I just don't think their the Awe inspiring gifts from the heavens other people think they are.
Yet you say i started something, and you have these comments: (i know later that you said you like GM's, but i did the same thing the other way around, and yuo guys interpret it as me bashing 2: )
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC
I can't believe I saying this, but now I'm getting tired of hearing about the weight of the GT500. They have GT500's running 9's with a stock engine, ported stock blower, 75 shot, and a few other boltons. How many f-bodies can make that claim with such few mods, or even C6 Z06's for that matter. The only good reason to take a T/A over a GT500 is because your a GM fan and would never take a Ford over one.


I'm really not here to start arguments, but I didn't know discussing +'s and -'s of cars is a bad thing, or what car should win, benchracing has been around since cars have.
I also don't understand how my "homeboy" self is making this a war
__________________
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass F-85 Deluxe - 455cid F2 Block
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:11 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Your making this a war because you wanted to started comparing GT500's to Z06's stating basically that a GT500 doesn't have anything on it, because you where mad that the T/A got it *** handed to it, and if you tell me you weren't then I'll know that your lying, you don't comment on any thread unless it has something to do with a GM. I've seen plenty of video's of F-Bodies beating 03/04 Cobras and I don't like it because a Terminator is what I have but it happens. You talk about GT500's being a poor handling car and comparing it to a Z06, but it will kick a T/A's *** in terms of handling. Just because GT500's are selling for Z06 prices doesn't meen they should be compared to them because thats not what they we're build to compete with, its what people with too much money like to pay for them. Going on a Mustang site and arguing over a video were a Mustang beats a T/A is pointly unless you want to start a fight. What do you think would happen if I went on a Chevy site and started insulting a Chevy that just beat a Ford, saying that it was overweight and couldn't handle and comparing it to a Ford GT. I'd probably get a bunch of people jumping all over me, because I would be trying to start an argument because I don't like seeing my brand of car lose. A Procharged T/A should be a lot faster than that but his apparently isn't, so don't insult the car that beat it, its the best factory Mustang ever and its alot better than a F-Body.

I'm drinking right now, so I appologive for any pointless rambling, mispelling or bad punctuation.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:14 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I'm drinking right now, so I appologive for any pointless rambling, mispelling or bad punctuation.
Looks like you did pretty damn well to me. :dunno:
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Looks like you did pretty damn well to me. :dunno:
Cool!

I'm not that drunk yet, just a little.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:31 AM   #27
Registered Member

Regular
 
Rocket 442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Region: New York
Posts: 115
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Your making this a war because you wanted to started comparing GT500's to Z06's stating basically that a GT500 doesn't have anything on it, because you where mad that the T/A got it *** handed to it, and if you tell me you weren't then I'll know that your lying, you don't comment on any thread unless it has something to do with a GM. I've seen plenty of video's of F-Bodies beating 03/04 Cobras and I don't like it because a Terminator is what I have but it happens. You talk about GT500's being a poor handling car and comparing it to a Z06, but it will kick a T/A's *** in terms of handling. Just because GT500's are selling for Z06 prices doesn't meen they should be compared to them because thats not what they we're build to compete with, its what people with too much money like to pay for them. Going on a Mustang site and arguing over a video were a Mustang beats a T/A is pointly unless you want to start a fight. What do you think would happen if I went on a Chevy site and started insulting a Chevy that just beat a Ford, saying that it was overweight and couldn't handle and comparing it to a Ford GT. I'd probably get a bunch of people jumping all over me, because I would be trying to start an argument because I don't like seeing my brand of car lose. A Procharged T/A should be a lot faster than that but his apparently isn't, so don't insult the car that beat it, its the best factory Mustang ever and its alot better than a F-Body.

I'm drinking right now, so I appologive for any pointless rambling, mispelling or bad punctuation.
If you really think I am mad about a Trans Am losing to a GT500 then either you get mad when Mustangs lose to other cars, or you don't understand that there is ALWAYS someone bigger, faster, and stronger. It really doesn't bother me to any degree that a Mustang won a race against a Trans Am, in fact I haven't yet decided what my next car will be, whether it be a Mustang GT or Camaro SS/Z28 (depending what they release). I'd love a z06, but chances are that wont happen with money. Brand loyalty isn't much of a thought in my head, and as I said before, I've owned 2 Mustangs so chances are I don't hate them too much.
Maybe it's your alcohol that is inducing you to miss some of my posts like the one about owning mustangs, but either way I have no problems with a Mustang beating a Camaro, Firebird or any other car for that matter. I'm not sure how you're contacting Miss Cleo from here, I think she's still in jail, but if not you must have her home #, but the info she's giving you about my thoughts is a bit off.

And not once did I take away from the owner (edit: or car) of the GT500, that's just bull**** that you want to attempt to put words in my mouth. I said numerous times it was an impressive car. Nice try though.
__________________
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass F-85 Deluxe - 455cid F2 Block
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:45 AM   #28
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
They have GT500's running 9's with a stock engine, ported stock blower, 75 shot, and a few other boltons.

Not going to get into why the GT500 is over rated and all...but do need to comment about this statement.

Before you start throwing around what evolution is doing with their GT500....you need to learn about all of the mods they have done to the car. THere is a lot more done to it than just a port, juice, and some bolt ons. The car is just a shell of what you buy from the dealer...beyond the body, not much else is still the same.

When normal people start hitting 9s...or hell, even 10s, with full weight, AC, full interior GT500s, then you can talk GT500 numbers. When a shop that has blown off all work, gutted the car, set it up for drag racing only, and modified the hell out of it with the sole purpose of being the first to the 9s...that does not impress me.

With several ported/bolt on termies hitting the 10s with full interiors, ac, etc, an no juice...that is much more impressive. And there is one that is or will be in the 9s with a 75 or 100 shot...still full interior...ac...bolt on ported eaton.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:05 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
If you really think I am mad about a Trans Am losing to a GT500 then either you get mad when Mustangs lose to other cars, or you don't understand that there is ALWAYS someone bigger, faster, and stronger. It really doesn't bother me to any degree that a Mustang won a race against a Trans Am, in fact I haven't yet decided what my next car will be, whether it be a Mustang GT or Camaro SS/Z28 (depending what they release). I'd love a z06, but chances are that wont happen with money. Brand loyalty isn't much of a thought in my head, and as I said before, I've owned 2 Mustangs so chances are I don't hate them too much.
Maybe it's your alcohol that is inducing you to miss some of my posts like the one about owning mustangs, but either way I have no problems with a Mustang beating a Camaro, Firebird or any other car for that matter. I'm not sure how you're contacting Miss Cleo from here, I think she's still in jail, but if not you must have her home #, but the info she's giving you about my thoughts is a bit off.

And not once did I take away from the owner (edit: or car) of the GT500, that's just bull**** that you want to attempt to put words in my mouth. I said numerous times it was an impressive car. Nice try though.
Lets see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
While it's an impressive car obvoiuly, not really worth the price, or weight its carrying around. I'll take a 15,000 dollar charged T/A over it.

Thats like when a guy with a Corvette beats a Mustang, it's sorta supposed to happen when you look at it...
If a GT500 is suppose to beat a T/A then why would you take the slower/older car. Brand loyalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
This guy is running a stock Z06, with just DR's on it. Adding what is on those 9 second GT500's, and you've got a mid-9 second Z06 (that can still corner)

You heard enough about the weight???? Maybe people are *****ing about it for a reason.
My 96 Impala SS (A 4 Door Luxo-box V8) weighs about the same as the GT500. When you're building a car that is made for cornering as well as the straight line, you don't make it weigh 4000+ lbs, sorry.
I guess GT500's are just pure crap corning cars. BTW show me a 9 second C6 Z06. Of course it can happen but I haven't seen it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
I just don't think their the Awe inspiring gifts from the heavens other people think they are.
I agree, but they will make mod very easily to produce a lot of HP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
I love how both sides just hate each other. Mustang owners think F-Body owners are asshats, and the same goes the other way, but both are right when you talk to them. Maybe everyone should grow up and realize there are always bigger fish. Personally, i've gotten alot nicer comments out of GM guys than anyone with a Ford. For some reason they tell me my car's a POS, and talk **** all day long. I know that I have a GM, so their a bit biased, but I'm a fan of all cars for what they are.
It seems to me that you got upset about me say "The typical **** talking F-Body owner". Yes F-Body owners talk a lot of **** to Mustang owners because F-Bodies are typically faster than Mustangs, and they like to let you know about it, and they do I don't care what you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
Okay thats fine with me since you want to turn it into a GM vs. Ford thing.
All Lowflyn was saying is a better comparison is a Ford GT vs. Z06, and you tried to turn it into he was trying to make it into somekind of brand competion. GM built the Z06 to compete more with a GT than a GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
It's funny how close the Z06 gets for being more than half the price of the GT (Z06 and GT500 are alot closer in price than the GT). ALso, better do this soon, when the Blue Devil comes out, the GT will get its *** beat.
A clear stab at the Ford GT.




BTW GM makes some great cars.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:23 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Not going to get into why the GT500 is over rated and all...but do need to comment about this statement.

Before you start throwing around what evolution is doing with their GT500....you need to learn about all of the mods they have done to the car. THere is a lot more done to it than just a port, juice, and some bolt ons. The car is just a shell of what you buy from the dealer...beyond the body, not much else is still the same.

When normal people start hitting 9s...or hell, even 10s, with full weight, AC, full interior GT500s, then you can talk GT500 numbers. When a shop that has blown off all work, gutted the car, set it up for drag racing only, and modified the hell out of it with the sole purpose of being the first to the 9s...that does not impress me.

With several ported/bolt on termies hitting the 10s with full interiors, ac, etc, an no juice...that is much more impressive. And there is one that is or will be in the 9s with a 75 or 100 shot...still full interior...ac...bolt on ported eaton.
A GT500's doesn't have Cylinder head problems, Piston clearance problems, Transmission problems, or Rearend problems.(atleast not to my knowledge) The only real stabs against the GT500 are the Rods are suppose to be relative weak, the weight, and the markups that the dealers are charging. How long did it take before someone ran a 10 in a Terminator, if I'm not mistaken its was 8 months.

A GT500 has Ford GT heads, 5.4 liters of displacement, a straight axle, and a more effectent blower. It also has another 200-250lbs over the Terminators, but I still think it will run faster e.t's. mod for mod.

I will be upload a MM&FF article on the Evolution Performances GT500 and ya'll can deside for yourselfs how impressive it is.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:30 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

Read here.

2007 Shelby GT500 Mustang - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:30 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 350
Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

I can solve this V-TEC owns you all end of story!
__________________
2004 mach 1 stock and staying that way.
1996stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:06 AM   #33
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: GT500 laying the smack down on a Procharged T/A

That was fun...
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video of my Procharged 2007 Mustang V6 bandit Pictures and Videos 8 07-31-2008 11:05 AM
SpectorV: Is this guy talking smack? 00vertstang The Bar 28 03-29-2006 08:56 AM
Saleen or Procharged GT? jimmy_beaner The Bar 26 03-17-2006 11:14 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:07 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.