Well sorta. Didn't get my weekend goals accomplished but other things came up, some good.
First off, it was like Christmas..I "got" presents. Chris decided to pick up a few tools that will be handy, and are stored at my house since I have the garage.
Its a cheapo, but hey it will do the job as someone stated....forgot the thread for the sliders
and it beats this piece of ****
Still haven't found something that it will actually weld. it tack welded some aluminum as long as you didnt breathe on it. Also Chris got a 20 gallon parts washer. Should be handy for the build of his 400.
Also means I can finish this
I finally got these out of the back of Dana's old truck...Grabbed them as we were cleaning out the truck to get send it to a family friends of Dana's that owns a shop to pull the brand new transmission, tonnue cover and any other salvagable parts that can be sold before it goes to the junkyard since its totaled now. But hey, i got them back. And after 2 years, still not mounted on my truck.
Then over the weekend I snapped a pic of the table after the first coat of stain in daylight
here is tonights progress, 2 coats of stain total. Last coat on saturday, and tonight 1 coat polyurethane applied tonight. it is still wet
I just pray that after i sand it with a nice fine sandpaper and put the second coat of poly on, that when it dries it looks like that. I think it looks great, but I have noticed on this project, everytime it dries I am dissapointed with a couple missed spots.
But soon as the second coat dries it will be time to get back on the chairs. I am tempted to take them to the sandblasting place that is 3/10ths of a mile from my house and say hey...wanna do some chairs. worked on one for a few minutes today and I was already getting frustrated. Im really thinking maybe I shouldn't have tried to be cheap and think I would have a fun project.
Ok that is all. next update after some welding and or the table is done.