Mustang EV Video - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

View Poll Results: Make a video of ME users cars?
Yes, make a video 16 94.12%
No, get a girlfriend. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:18 PM   #1

Region: North Carolina
Mustang EV Video

Hey....
I know that I am a newbie here and all that but my job is to make videos and the like.....I would like to, with the permission of ME to make a video of the stills of the users cars on this website....So it would be music and photographs, but I think it would be cool and would give me something to do in my down time, when I have that. At any rate here is a little ME :10 sec sample for an opening that I whipped up to let you know that I am for real. If there is enough intrest in it and I get permission I will do it. And yes before you say anything about the title page, I know that the font is wrong, I do not have the ME font.

Thanks
Cynic
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Re: Mustang EV Video

thats pretty cool
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to 02Nate281 Send a message via MSN to 02Nate281 Send a message via Yahoo to 02Nate281 Send a message via Skype™ to 02Nate281

That looks really awesome. I hope everyone else is interested. I'd like to see how it would look with everyone's cars
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee

My only advice is to wait until out new style goes live tonight

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:27 PM   #5

Cool Brent....I will need to see if I can get enough cars and then how I will lay the video out......probably by year model would be the best way.....though I am open to suggestions if we get that far......
Old 08-31-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 02Nate281 Send a message via MSN to 02Nate281 Send a message via Yahoo to 02Nate281 Send a message via Skype™ to 02Nate281

Great idea with the poll, Brent. I voted
Old 08-31-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

Awesome.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack

That looks really awesom and i would love to have my car involved in it....

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:01 PM   #9

Guess my title page does no0t look so close now...*L*....Ford Blue though is doable....
Old 08-31-2010, 10:11 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Where are you going to pull pics from? I have a lot of pics of my car in my gallery but many are very out dated. It would be nice if users could submit 2-3 pics of their ride they would like you to use, and then maybe you could pull more pics from galleries and garages of members that didn't submit a pic to fill up more time.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:17 PM   #11

I was thinking that I would have them submit 2 pics to me, the highest resolution that they had with the name of their car, year and model and then let it go from there. If it is to happen, I would make another email addy so people could send me their choice two pics and I could sort them and then lay it all out. Depending on the response it could be one long video or several short ones divided by whatever categories that come to pass....best mods....best stock....or just an overall peek at the cars on the site. I would put them up on you tube and then credit and link the site so that people who love Mustangs might come and check it out. I would pull pics off the site with permission if we do this. It was just an idea that I had and do not want to step on any toes.

*L*.....I mean I do this for a living, but I like what I do and if it supports something that I like all the better.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:20 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to 1ijack

Well Cynic you have a talent and enjoy what you do.......

The Mustang Mafia
"Join the family, if you dare"
www.themustangmafia.com
1ijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:52 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Cool just keep me posted Ill submit a few pics
SVTCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:12 PM   #14
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

My jeep better be in it
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:19 PM   #15

I have no bias to Jeeps....especially to a founder....as I have said before, just thought this would be something cool to do....
Old 08-31-2010, 11:21 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Who's posting a Jeep in here??
tjzola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:27 PM   #17
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
I have no bias to Jeeps....especially to a founder....as I have said before, just thought this would be something cool to do....
That, ladies and gentlemen, is respect. Y'all could learn a thing or two from him.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:37 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Aidan_04

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
That, ladies and gentlemen, is respect. Y'all could learn a thing or two from him.
TRUTH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR View Post
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Aidan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:18 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
back when I made a video a long time ago I had your dodge in there remember? lol

I'd be down. I need to take some new shots of the mustang anyway.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:46 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Where is the video that we did a couple of years ago?

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Sounds good to me.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

sounds fun, you can click high res pic link in my sig and use any that makes you happy
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Flip through people's garages and grab some pics that ya like
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I need to take new pics. I was surprised at how few pictures I had when I was going through the computer
Old 09-02-2010, 12:58 AM   #25

Alright...so here is the deal...after a day I have 11 people that say go forward with this....if everyone gives me 2 pictures and they are up for 4-5 secs with title and end page that it roughly two minutes...People may see this and want in so it will be bigger next time around.... or more than one person may vote for me to get a girlfriend and I will try that....

This is what I want, I have a life and a job so I am not going to browse through garages and pick pictures that people may or may not like. The people that want to be in this will send me two high res photos that they wish to be in the video.

Send to mustangvid1@yahoo.com
Year and model of the car and name if applicable.
2 high res shots of your car....I have the ability to edit in HD and want to do this vid to the highest quality, so if you think you are sending to big of a picture, it isn't.
The list of mods on some cars is just way to long to include, perhaps if we do a best of or something later we could get into that but for now, do not include that.
Two different angle shots are the best, or if you want a profile and under the hood, whatever, they are your two favorite shots...After that leave it to me and I will do what I do....Hopefully this turns out cool for all who want to participate.....I will take submissions for pics for a week or so and then get to putting the vid together if I have enough pictures....

Thanks
Cynic
Old 09-02-2010, 01:03 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds great bro. I will give her a much needed bath tomorrow and take fresh pics.

By the way, not to be off subject, but have you ever heard of(or visited) Fastlane Motorsports? They are in Benson which is right near Raleigh.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:07 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Nate281 View Post
Sounds great bro. I will give her a much needed bath tomorrow and take fresh pics.

By the way, not to be off subject, but have you ever heard of(or visited) Fastlane Motorsports? They are in Benson which is right near Raleigh.

When I was working for a tv station my associate did a commercial from them awhile back.....and cool about the pics....like I said I will hold it open for a week so no rush on the pics.....just thought it would be cool to do.....
Old 09-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
When I was working for a tv station my associate did a commercial from them awhile back.....and cool about the pics....like I said I will hold it open for a week so no rush on the pics.....just thought it would be cool to do.....
I'm just curious about their work and labor costs. I've been to their site and emailed them. They are extremely smart and very courteous.

As for the car, I was going to wash and photograph it today, but other things came about.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:21 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Nate281 View Post
I'm just curious about their work and labor costs. I've been to their site and emailed them. They are extremely smart and very courteous.

As for the car, I was going to wash and photograph it today, but other things came about.
I never had any work done by them so I can only tell you what I saw from the shoot...which was about 2 years ago.....They were knowledgeable and hung their hat on their expertise....Back then I would say their prices were a little bit higher than average but then again they are charging you for experience and care.....Now, I do not know.....with business like it is you might be able to negotiate if you were looking to have a lot of work done.....Overall, just from looking I will say....clean shop...serious about what they do....and customer friendly....
Old 09-02-2010, 01:34 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Hey thanks alot for the info. I have yet to call them but I was planning to do so tomorrow already. the more serious I get with this mustang project the more I want to go visit their shop.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #31
A.K.A. Baby-D!

sent you an e-mail.

got an idea for you.. how about adding in some pics of meets/cruises/etc in the vid? I'm sure lots of ppl here have pics to share.. add in a caption of where/when. i think it would make the Mustang Evolution community look good
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #32
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

We are doing a photo shoot this weekend...I will get you some pics after that. If it falls through due to weather, I will get some new pics of the car myself on saturday and get them to you as well.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:06 AM   #33

I have two replies so far of people that are willing to submit photos to me.....perhaps I should just do a video showcase of cars of the month.....I do want to do something for the site that is cool but if people are not going to send me photos that makes it difficult....but thanks PureVenom, I hope to do something that showcases the site....and 0RTRV6....if you want to produce the video, that is pick the pictures, make the captions and pick the order for them I will put it together....I am just not a one man gang....
Old 09-03-2010, 02:15 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

Just a thought you might want to set a deadline. That way people know when they have to be in. I have some good shots of my mustang, but it never hurts to take more. Time frame is needed for this to work IMO.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
Just a thought you might want to set a deadline. That way people know when they have to be in. I have some good shots of my mustang, but it never hurts to take more. Time frame is needed for this to work IMO.
+1

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos