Awesome Roundhouse Kick - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-29-2007, 01:16 AM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Awesome Roundhouse Kick

Dude went retarded

Funny and Extreme Videos - Tornado Kick - Funny Video Clip - KillSomeTime.com

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2007, 01:17 AM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Awesome Roundhouse Kick

and this one

[media]

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:45 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

dang that would suck.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2007, 09:10 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

ahahahhahaha

PWNED. thats some sweet action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:49 AM   #5
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Oh ****!!! Chuch Norris would be proud.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT

wow ****ing dropped
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:17 AM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442

I love those.

heres a nice compilation
[MEDIA]
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #8
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Oh Snap! that was fun!
Old 07-29-2007, 04:53 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

That's what I don't understand about Tae Kwon Do stylists, the majority of them fight with their hands about waste level, yet they know the potential for a fight ending knock out coming so fast because that style is known for powerful, dynamic kicks. I've nver understood that, go back and watch them all. EVERY one of them has hands about waste level.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
That's what I don't understand about Tae Kwon Do stylists, the majority of them fight with their hands about waste level, yet they know the potential for a fight ending knock out coming so fast because that style is known for powerful, dynamic kicks. I've nver understood that, go back and watch them all. EVERY one of them has hands about waste level.
Well in a real fight they're taught to keep their hands up, one about cheekbone high, the other about jawbone high. however these are points competitions with kicks, therefore you want to have the most balance to be able to kick or counter-kick. That is why I'm not into point competitions or katas either, as it creates bad habits.

My father owns a karate studio, and I've been involved all my life. It is annoying in full competitions to see them with no blocks up, but I don't mind it makes it easier on the guy who has his blocks up.
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:39 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

holy **** watching these videos makes me angry.

KEEP YOUR GOD DAMN HANDS UP!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear to god, I'm the only student in my class that ever did that and the instructors ALWAYS *****ed at everyone else to keep their hands up.

I was in a tournament yeeeears ago, I was like 15-16 fighting 18 year olds because I was too tall for my age to be fighting anyone in my age group. Some guy tried landing a kick like that and I grabbed his leg and punched him in the head for a quick point. Then the guy tried charging at me for a quick point and I kicked him in the chest landing him on his *** on the mat.

I lost due to small points, but tournaments are kinda lame with their point system. Points bore me... Gimmie a UFC situation any day.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:50 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
Well in a real fight they're taught to keep their hands up, one about cheekbone high, the other about jawbone high. however these are points competitions with kicks, therefore you want to have the most balance to be able to kick or counter-kick. That is why I'm not into point competitions or katas either, as it creates bad habits.

My father owns a karate studio, and I've been involved all my life. It is annoying in full competitions to see them with no blocks up, but I don't mind it makes it easier on the guy who has his blocks up.
Yeah it's the same on all tournament circuits. But Tae Kwon Do tournaments tend to allow and promote more contact than most others. So I believe I would rather learn to balance with hands up if there is a greater risk of getting knocked out rather than just a conk on the noggin. I was a state champ here in those silly point fighting tournaments until I got tired of the game of tag and absurd judging.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:53 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
holy **** watching these videos makes me angry.

KEEP YOUR GOD DAMN HANDS UP!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear to god, I'm the only student in my class that ever did that and the instructors ALWAYS *****ed at everyone else to keep their hands up.

I was in a tournament yeeeears ago, I was like 15-16 fighting 18 year olds because I was too tall for my age to be fighting anyone in my age group. Some guy tried landing a kick like that and I grabbed his leg and punched him in the head for a quick point. Then the guy tried charging at me for a quick point and I kicked him in the chest landing him on his *** on the mat.

I lost due to small points, but tournaments are kinda lame with their point system. Points bore me... Gimmie a UFC situation any day.
Agreed. Point fighting is good only for 2 things: speed and precision, but these can be learned other ways than by something that also teaches you a load of bad fighting habits. And it is that style of fighting that gives good martial artists a bad name among street fighters.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:43 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

hmmm, from watching those videos, i noticed that a lot of those knockout blows were to the side of the head, between the jaw line and temples...now, i dont know a whole lot about karate or tae kwan do or any of that stuff, but it seems to me that in most of those video clips, having there hands up wouldnt have dont much to stop the kicks as they were to the side and not the front...

its the same way in boxing, if you have your hands up in front, that doesnt protect you very well for a guy who has a good right/left hook as they will come around your hands...the only way to keep from getting knocked out by a punch/kick like those would be to be fast enough and hope they miss you...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:44 AM   #15
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well, from what I would imagine, if your hand was up, it would be easier to get it in the way of the kick compared to if it was down at your waist.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

maybe, but i would think that the kick would still just go right "through" the person's hand as legs are generally much stronger than arms...but like i said, i dont know the first thing about martial arts...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:53 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Agreed. Point fighting is good only for 2 things: speed and precision, but these can be learned other ways than by something that also teaches you a load of bad fighting habits. And it is that style of fighting that gives good martial artists a bad name among street fighters.

I took for 6 months Hapkido, and my teacher was telling me how my techniques were wrong. I did a form of Karate (The style Chuck Norris does) for 2-3 years and had been using their techniques through it. I asked what I was doing wrong with my round house kicks. He said my leg wasn't completely turned behind me when I came up so I could give a quick snap.

I said, "Okay, in a real fight, I'm not going to try and score points. I'm going to knock the ****er's head off." He agreed my way was the best way to attack someone, but for points, I would need to go in for quicker snap round house kicks.

Sorry, I'm a huge guy. Quick snapping kicks are not my thing, I'm more of a.. when I kick you and you block, you'll still fall over.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:16 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

there we go, I found the technique. Tang Soo Do

Old 07-30-2007, 10:15 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

ah chuck norris
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:21 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
there we go, I found the technique. Tang Soo Do
That is the style I take as well. It sounds like the Hapkido instructor is more preoccupied with winning at tournaments than winnning at life. That is sad, there can be room for both, but point fighting technique should not be taught as a suitable replacement for all situations.

And as for the angle of the attack being unblockable, your arms are not permanently transfixed in that position, they can move. So, they would have a shorter distance to move when they are already at head level than to have to come up from waste level. True some of the energy will still travel through your hands/arms but a lot of the knockout potential should disapate by that time. Plus, even in a point fight, contact on the arms and hands is not a point so...either way.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos