My New RIDE - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: My New RIDE

i dunno. after seeing my cousin and his dad do the MSF course and come out thinking theyre billy badass on a bike because they took a course, and according to them i dont know **** because i didnt take it, i highly recommend AGAINST it. of course, theyre complete idiots anyways so it could be different for everyone. i recommend taking the bike out and trying to find places with nobody around (parking lots, country back roads, etc) and learning the ins and outs. try to do different scenarios in your mind (ie ride up to 40ish and lay down on the brakes as if someone was pulling out, or swerve to avoid, etc) to get a feel for what to do in certain situations. DO NOT go out and just start trying to cope with traffic or trying to carve some twisty roads with under a few hours experience.

Proper gear as well. seems nobody learnt the motto "theres two types of riders, ones that have fallen, and ones that are going to fall" in my area cause all i see are a bunch of squids riding in sandals, shorts and a t-shirt with a helmet bought at pep-boys (not even snell or dot approved).

other than that, have fun. i never felt fully comfortable on a bike (which could be a good thing) so i dont think i would get another unless i find a bike that suits me better than the ninja i had. my buddies seem to think with a better bike (not one run down and constantly breaking) i would have liked riding more but oh well.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2007, 06:31 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
i dunno. after seeing my cousin and his dad do the MSF course and come out thinking theyre billy badass on a bike because they took a course, and according to them i dont know **** because i didnt take it, i highly recommend AGAINST it.
umm, no offense but that logic is PATHETIC. i think nothing even close to that, nor do any of the people im taking it with, as far as i can tell. sounds like ur cousin is to blame, NOT the M-mother****in SF course. what the hell? sounds like ur the one thinkin ur billy badass.

Quote:
of course, theyre complete idiots anyways so it could be different for everyone. i recommend taking the bike out and trying to find places with nobody around (parking lots, country back roads, etc) and learning the ins and outs. try to do different scenarios in your mind (ie ride up to 40ish and lay down on the brakes as if someone was pulling out, or swerve to avoid, etc) to get a feel for what to do in certain situations. DO NOT go out and just start trying to cope with traffic or trying to carve some twisty roads with under a few hours experience.
ok so, basically, ur telling her to do exactly what you do in the riding portion of the course on her brand new (to her) beautiful 600cc sportbike. vs. doing it on a cheap, kinda crappy, but very forgiving bike with organized training by guys who arent just your boyfriend saying, "hey, try this"
these guys know what they're talkin about, and what drills and maneuvers work. the guys i'm workin with are very proffessional and have been riding quite a while and know riding very well (and DONT think they're billy badass). i wouldnt do some of the stuff we did today on my bike. though it is very good training.

Quote:
Proper gear as well. seems nobody learnt the motto "theres two types of riders, ones that have fallen, and ones that are going to fall" in my area cause all i see are a bunch of squids riding in sandals, shorts and a t-shirt with a helmet bought at pep-boys (not even snell or dot approved).
i agree. i ALWAYS wear full face helmet (yes, DOT approved), jacket (as in sportbike jacket with serious armor), pants, gloves, and leather shoes/boots. i dont care how hot it is, i highly recommend this to anybody who is riding. i wore it all today in over 100* weather for a LONG time in the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:26 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Well All of my firends ride and so does my bf. So I kno the drill when it comes to proper gear. Ive fallen off the back of his harley one time and messed my foot up pretty bad because I was wearing flip fops.... lesson learned, I wear tennis shoes now & I always wear jeans and a jacket.

As far as learning to ride.... I'll be taught by the best a round here. Most of them have been riding theyre entire life. I was suppose to go out tonight to a subdivison thats being built that hasnt opened yet and ride a bit but because of rain thats not happening. I want to take the course just in case I miss some other important pointers someone maybe forgot to tell me plus it will lower in insurance. What scares me the most is other drivers. I dont want someone to pull out in front of me. Which is the cause of most motorcycle accidents. I was riding behind my bf the other day and this dumba$$ lady decided to run out in front of him. He almost got creamed. I was so pissed. I should had ran her down and beat the crap out of her.

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

get boots of some sort, tennis shoes don't provide much protection at all.

I need to buy some reinforced jeans sometime

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:46 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

take the MSR course too, it's a great way to start

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24 View Post
get boots of some sort, tennis shoes don't provide much protection at all.

I need to buy some reinforced jeans sometime
Dragon jeans FTMFW!!!!

And as far as gear goes, I'd rather sweat than blead. :yup:
Old 08-14-2007, 10:27 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
And as far as gear goes, I'd rather sweat than blead. :yup:
werd.

however above that, id rather chill in my car with the AC on full blast. however on a nice cool day, riding with the jacket pockets/vents open, the windshield cracked up a bit, it was ****ing sweet.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:15 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Im actually doing pretty good. Ive probably put a whole 5hrs into learning and Im riding on my own. But.... Im still scared haha.

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:23 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

im tellin u. the counter-steering thing works soooooooooo well. its amazing. u probly already do it, but...compared to when i started trying to lean the bike for turns by just shifting my weight, it is a dream come true.

good luck and be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:15 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenmystang View Post
Im actually doing pretty good. Ive probably put a whole 5hrs into learning and Im riding on my own. But.... Im still scared haha.
It's best to stay that way. Your senses are at their sharpest when adrenaline from the fight or flight is flowing. Keep up the learning process. There are also several books out that can help you learn techniques if you are interested in that sort of stuff. My wife was into some before she had to sell here bike and said it helped her quite a bit. You should check them out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos