Need advice on paint scheme - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #1

Region: Georgia
Need advice on paint scheme

Ok use your imagination here.
The pic of the Lamboroghini is for visiual refrence....
And I hope i have a pic of My 02 GT that you can try to imagine this paint scheme on. .....
BTW MY 20inch Cobra replicas will ne flat black.....

Im painting my Gt this weekend (hopefully) anyways im Going GBlue with a black S Snake inspired stripe.. BUT i caint get this ides out of my mind.
Picture my 02Gt blue where the Lambo is yellow And Black where the Lambo is black. But now picture the GBlue Sstripe going down the middle bumper to bumper...So it will have what i call a (negitave) stripe.
Please take the time to consider my idea and give your honest opinion..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amborghini_superleggera_carbon_fiber_hood.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	27679   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00193-20110603-1655.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	566.5 KB
ID:	27680  

BLUE02GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Need advice on paint scheme

It would be different, and is difficult to imagine because it really hasn't been done before with that color.

Honestly, I would leave the majority of the car Grabber. I mean that's a great color and mixing it up with another might take away from it. Sometimes monotony is a good thing lol. That's why I haven't done any decals/paint on my sonic blue. It doesn't need any help.

Whatever you do please don't put any lambo doors on it...or I will come down there and take that car away from you

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
My opinion would be your original. GBlue with a Black stripe.

I'm afraid that if you put to my understanding, a two tone paint job. blue and black with a blue stripe down the center. Will look either real busy, or almost as if it's blue with two very spaced apart black stripes.

I'm all about having a one of kind set up, but I'm not see in this one yet... I may not see it from your perspective yet. I'm working on it tho.

May the Horsepower be with you
UHNIL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

I say leave it all GB because you will be one of the first to do a new edge in the GB and it will be a older stang will a new flair paint job. As far as the 20's go.....Im totally against that on a new edge.This is just my opinion but I think it looks horrible,biggest on a new edge would be a 19" IMO.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #5

Lmao... I thinl Lambo doors are a joke. If someone gave me a set I'd throw em in the trash.
And I also had the same thoughts on the 20s. But when I bolted them on to look @ I was impressed. Now if it wasn't for the Eibachs I'm sure I'd feel difrently. But the tuck nicely in the wheel wells.
And good point on the whole busy thimg. I agree it would either be a great look or a great failure.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via ICQ to Pete07GT Send a message via AIM to Pete07GT Send a message via Yahoo to Pete07GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE02GT View Post
Lmao... I thinl Lambo doors are a joke. If someone gave me a set I'd throw em in the trash.
And I also had the same thoughts on the 20s. But when I bolted them on to look @ I was impressed. Now if it wasn't for the Eibachs I'm sure I'd feel difrently. But the tuck nicely in the wheel wells.
And good point on the whole busy thimg. I agree it would either be a great look or a great failure.
You never discover new things or make discoveries without taking risks. I say go for it. You're not trying to make the 'Stang look like a Lambo & if it looks ridiculous then you start over again while learning from your failure. You can't be afraid to step out & take a chance.
When you're going to war, you better have three things if you expect to win: 1. Willpower (One's need to put the petal to the metal); 2. Staying Power (300+ BHP); and 3. Firepower (The wheels of your mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45).
Pete07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete07GT

You never discover new things or make discoveries without taking risks. I say go for it. You're not trying to make the 'Stang look like a Lambo & if it looks ridiculous then you start over again while learning from your failure. You can't be afraid to step out & take a chance.
Tousche. This is about what you want, i like your enthusiasm and ambition to create such a unique mustang. You will have a one of a kind mustang that you designed. It's yours, be proud, take a chance. If it's not what you expected you can always change it. Good luck!

Old 06-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

go all g blue. add some black here an there. like chin spoiler. 18-19" rims

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Yah black accents would look good...black fuel door, chin spoiler, smoked lights - heads, tails, 3rd, and side markers, window tint...maybe paint the spoiler black, I wouldn't go much blacker than that with grabber blue.

Just remember these are all opinions of ours...you can do whatever you wish with the car...you're the one making the payments!

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:18 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Region: North Carolina

I would do all GB with some black accents around/near the hoodscoop...I mean...too much of a good thing can be a bad thing..but then it's tough to imagine the car like you want....but I like Sonic's idea..
2008Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #11

Prish all the input guys. I have decided against the negitave stripes. I laid some tape on the hood and sence i molded in the hood scoop and maintained the style line I have to Make the stripe Way to wide and the lines go into the part of the bumper cover between the headlamps and grill. so now ive decided to black out that part of the bumper and go with a wide version of the S Stripe.... Well see in a few days Im painting her tomorrow...
Old 06-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE02GT
Prish all the input guys. I have decided against the negitave stripes. I laid some tape on the hood and sence i molded in the hood scoop and maintained the style line I have to Make the stripe Way to wide and the lines go into the part of the bumper cover between the headlamps and grill. so now ive decided to black out that part of the bumper and go with a wide version of the S Stripe.... Well see in a few days Im painting her tomorrow...
No prob... Good luck, hope it comes out amazing. You'll have to post pics for us.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:46 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Red paint, 2 black vertical stripes down the middle, and yellow flames near the rims.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos