So did anyone hear about this? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #1
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
So did anyone hear about this?

I am sorry, that just really upsets me. I never heard about until today. What upsets me the most is there wasn't any kind of media outrage about it. That is just strait up offensive. If I would have gotten up there and told Muhammad and Allah to suck it, you better believe I would be plastered all over the news. I just don't understand why it is ok to make fun of Christians so blatantly like that, yet you mention any other religion in a semi-negative tone at all and you get lynched. The double standards of the world today are horrible.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2007, 10:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to likwuddeath06
Re: So did anyone here about this?

" suck it Kathy Griffin, you're going to hell along with the rest of Hollywood anyways"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:
HAMBURGERS!!!!....The Cornerstone of any Nutritional Breakfast!
likwuddeath06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:58 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

double standard
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2007, 11:08 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

I can't watch the video for another few hours... But why does it bother you so much, Nate? If you're happy and confident in your beliefs, why do you care if somebody makes fun of or badmouths it?

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:01 PM   #5
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
I can't watch the video for another few hours... But why does it bother you so much, Nate? If you're happy and confident in your beliefs, why do you care if somebody makes fun of or badmouths it?
Its not necessarily what she said that bugs me. It is how there was no media backlash or outrage or whatever that would have been there if any other religion was made fun of. She can say what she wishes about my religion. That is her "right" I suppose, I may not like it, but whatever. It is the fact that the world today can make fun of Christians with little to no consequence, yet you speak a single ill word about Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, ect., you get ripped apart. That is what bothers me most.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: So did anyone hear about this?

It's not usually "the media" that backlashes. The droves of "believers" in whatever religion it is 'cause a stink and the media simply reports on it. If Christians don't fuss and gripe when somebody makes fun of them, there's no story for the media to report on.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Its not necessarily what she said that bugs me. It is how there was no media backlash or outrage or whatever that would have been there if any other religion was made fun of. She can say what she wishes about my religion. That is her "right" I suppose, I may not like it, but whatever. It is the fact that the world today can make fun of Christians with little to no consequence, yet you speak a single ill word about Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, ect., you get ripped apart. That is what bothers me most.
Bothers the hell out of me as well !!!! Just read in the St.Pete Times this Morning that Al-Qaeda is offering a 100,000.00 reward to any Islam faithful who kills the artist who made the cartoon of the head raghead and 50,00.00 reward for the editor of the paper that published the cartoon

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
It's not usually "the media" that backlashes. The droves of "believers" in whatever religion it is 'cause a stink and the media simply reports on it. If Christians don't fuss and gripe when somebody makes fun of them, there's no story for the media to report on.
Not always true. For example. Mel Gibson's ant-semitic remarks when he got pulled over. That **** was all over the news before any Jewish group could take a breath. You know damn well that if someone would have won an award at the Emmy's and told Muhammad to suck it, that **** would have hit the net, news rooms, and papers in 10 seconds.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:26 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
Bothers the hell out of me as well !!!! Just read in the St.Pete Times this Morning that Al-Qaeda is offering a 100,000.00 reward to any Islam faithful who kills the artist who made the cartoon of the head raghead and 50,00.00 reward for the editor of the paper that published the cartoon
so then in hindsight the artist should offer a 200k reward for killing whoever asks to kill him, and the editor should offer 100k for the same. problem solved. were america, if you want to play the rewards game, youre messing with a country with unlimited funds. we make the money they try to buy us out with.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Uhh...

#1) It was all over both CNN and Fox News.
#2) The double standard to me seems to be the other way around. People in our country make jokes about Jews, Muslims, etc. all the time. But the second you say something negative about the great and wonderful Jesus, everyone freaks out.

I could say **** Mohammad. I could say Buddha's a dumbass.

But the second I tell Jesus to lick my nuts, everyone gets pissy.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

eh, people can say whatever they want...last time I heard this was America and we have something called "freedom of speech", whatever that means...

I just have a problem with Cathy Griffin period lol...I think she is a dumb cu*t...

the end...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

haha i finally got to see this video.

**** yeah. 100% agree. nobody got her there but herself.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

The point is that if you were to insert every instance where "Jesus" was used with "Mohammed/Allah/Buddah/Sheba/Flyingspaghettimonster/etc" instead, the media would not need "followers" to start a huge backlash against the person. It would start instantly AND the person responsible would HAVE to give a public apology or else their career would be limited/non existant.

Now to an erronious "point" that was made about how people get more uptight when Jesus is mentioned in a poor light:

People do not get up in arms over the innapropriate use of Jesus/God or any derogatory remark made about him like they do other gods/leaders. When was the last time you said "Allah be damned" or hit your hand and said "Mohammed" or "Buddah damned" ?? You've probably never said it. Now instead of Mohammed or Allah or Buddah insert God or Jesus Christ. You've most likely said it. Now, when was the last time that someone even just looked at you crossly or angrily for saying that? In any of our life times, probably never. Where are all the books talking about Mohammed's camel jockey days, the cities he conquered and people he killed in the name of the religion he was the founder of. You'll find little about it (the killing is even in the Qua'ran but never talked about outside of mosques). But sure as the world any book or documentary that comes out saying Jesus and John were lovers or that he was having sexual relations with Mary Magdalene or "art" using elephant feces to portray Jesus or trying to prove he never even existed it gets full media coverage. Cartoons, movies, magazines, any publicly distibuted media is/has made fun of Christianity at some time.

Yet even one cartoon cannot be made about Mohammed without national outcry. Get out of the hole you live in and look around for a bit if you dont think there is a double standard.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
The point is that if you were to insert every instance where "Jesus" was used with "Mohammed/Allah/Buddah/Sheba/Flyingspaghettimonster/etc" instead, the media would not need "followers" to start a huge backlash against the person. It would start instantly AND the person responsible would HAVE to give a public apology or else their career would be limited/non existant.

Now to an erronious "point" that was made about how people get more uptight when Jesus is mentioned in a poor light:

People do not get up in arms over the innapropriate use of Jesus/God or any derogatory remark made about him like they do other gods/leaders. When was the last time you said "Allah be damned" or hit your hand and said "Mohammed" or "Buddah damned" ?? You've probably never said it. Now instead of Mohammed or Allah or Buddah insert God or Jesus Christ. You've most likely said it. Now, when was the last time that someone even just looked at you crossly or angrily for saying that? In any of our life times, probably never. Where are all the books talking about Mohammed's camel jockey days, the cities he conquered and people he killed in the name of the religion he was the founder of. You'll find little about it (the killing is even in the Qua'ran but never talked about outside of mosques). But sure as the world any book or documentary that comes out saying Jesus and John were lovers or that he was having sexual relations with Mary Magdalene or "art" using elephant feces to portray Jesus or trying to prove he never even existed it gets full media coverage. Cartoons, movies, magazines, any publicly distibuted media is/has made fun of Christianity at some time.

Yet even one cartoon cannot be made about Mohammed without national outcry. Get out of the hole you live in and look around for a bit if you dont think there is a double standard.
x2 I'm with you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:
Old 09-17-2007, 11:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

What I don't get is why do people still associate with Cathy Griffin? She's not entertaining at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:36 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGuy View Post
What I don't get is why do people still associate with Cathy Griffin? She's not entertaining at all.
HEARD THAT
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:
Old 09-18-2007, 07:37 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

Hah. I've had people look at me like they wanted to kill me for saying GD. Not to mention the FJ party incident.

Comedians make fun of Islam all the time. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a comedian do the whole "Praise Mohammed"/"Allah allah allah allah" thing. Then one person says something about Jesus and it's all over the news. I watched it, and to me there was nothing offensive. She was just making light of the way people thank Jesus when they win awards. It's called sarcasm people. Get over it.

But I'm not going to disagree with you any more, because I know how it turns out. Faithful people will defend their faith blindly until the bitter end. Besides, people are going to believe what they want (and/or have been told to) anyway.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Here in NY there is no such thing as Christianity. In fact Christianity is a forbidden word. However Judaism and Islam are very much sacred.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos