Poor Foxbody - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-29-2007, 04:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Unhappy Poor Foxbody

This = teh Ghey... Or however your suppose to say it.

It may run every fast, but this is some bull****.

What he should have done was thrown a built 408w in a Supra and surprised a few people by having a high HP Supra that would actually run a fast E.T as apparently thats what he built this Mustang for.

Had to post a link to svtperformance as the Supra forum wont let you view it without being a member.

SVTPerformance
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2007, 05:16 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: Poor Foxbody

can't view that without being a member as well lol

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
can't view that without being a member as well lol
That is bs, svtperfomance use to let you view their site without being a member. Other people on other sites have told me the same thing though.

Basically the guy builds a very badass Foxbody and puts a 2JZyuciuehcfuhrgh whatever the fugumacallit in it. Sometimes I think people do this **** just to get a laugh at Mustang owners like me who don't like it, not liking it. Their a bunch of god damn buttholes is what they are. wned:

Here are some pictures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee

What an idiot

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:20 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

The fox is probably not even that much lighter/if any than a Supra body. So what was the point??
Old 09-29-2007, 10:14 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

im pretty sure we have already posted this before, the 2JZ Fox.

i cant wait to see the look on built fully modded 5.0 guys faces when they get eaten alive by it. its almost the perfect solution for people that love 1000+whp with the 2JZ, but love going down the quarter mile, as the Supra is very hard to turn into a 1/4 mile car. take that motor, stick it in a built up chassis made for drag and ****ing race. you people "oh they put a I6 where a V8 should be" or "aww a toyota motor in a ford" shut the **** up. its a badass motor in a badass chassis, period.

however he could do the same for cheaper using standard 5.0 techniques, but then nobody would care because it would be just another 8-9 second 5.0. theres how-to's on that, anyone can do it, not everyone can swap a 2JZ into a fox and do the same, which is likely what the owner is going for, that "one off" factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
The fox is probably not even that much lighter/if any than a Supra body. So what was the point??
the supra is not a 1/4 mile car, and to make it do so is basically against religion and design. you buy a supra to rape people alive on the freeway. just like when people swap IRS for Solid Rear on 03/04 just to run down the quarter, im like "**** what a waste of a cobra", supra following thinks the same. the supra wasnt designed for the quarter, to make it quarter friendly costs probably more than the price of a fox shell with a prepped chassis/rear.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:36 PM   #7
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

:yank:
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
im pretty sure we have already posted this before, the 2JZ Fox.

i cant wait to see the look on built fully modded 5.0 guys faces when they get eaten alive by it. its almost the perfect solution for people that love 1000+whp with the 2JZ, but love going down the quarter mile, as the Supra is very hard to turn into a 1/4 mile car. take that motor, stick it in a built up chassis made for drag and ****ing race. you people "oh they put a I6 where a V8 should be" or "aww a toyota motor in a ford" shut the **** up. its a badass motor in a badass chassis, period.

however he could do the same for cheaper using standard 5.0 techniques, but then nobody would care because it would be just another 8-9 second 5.0. theres how-to's on that, anyone can do it, not everyone can swap a 2JZ into a fox and do the same, which is likely what the owner is going for, that "one off" factor.

the supra is not a 1/4 mile car, and to make it do so is basically against religion and design. you buy a supra to rape people alive on the freeway. just like when people swap IRS for Solid Rear on 03/04 just to run down the quarter, im like "**** what a waste of a cobra", supra following thinks the same. the supra wasnt designed for the quarter, to make it quarter friendly costs probably more than the price of a fox shell with a prepped chassis/rear.
You STFU! :blah:

Yes the car will probably be fast as hell, but as you have said it would be much cheaper to build an old Ford pushrod motor to do the same thing, and its made to fit the car or vica-versa. I would image that a Ford pushrod is lighter than a 2JZ also.(but I don't know that for a fact) 2JZ's are badass motors but they don't belong in mustangs.

LSX in a RX7 = Good idea

2JZ in a Mustang = What is point except to be different

Maybe next someone will build a badass H22 and throw it in a GSX just to be different. Now that would be really cool.

Supras weigh like a Terminator. 3600+ lbs. They are rather hefty.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:01 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
2JZ in a Mustang = What is point except to be different
thats the point. nobody would know the project existed if it was just another 5.0 fox built to hell and back. now hes not a follower, he is a leader. me, you and 95% of the modders out there just do what we see others do, we research setups and mainly stay inside the lines. he is making up things as he goes, figuring out what needs to be done instead of googling a writeup on how to get it to work, theres no writeup for what he is doing. i would give this guy more respect than whoever else has more power but just followed some forum whores on how to get to a certain level.

Quote:
Maybe next someone will build a badass H22 and throw it in a GSX just to be different. Now that would be really cool.
if they can figure out how to mate it with the awd tranny and spend ungodly amounts to make a honduh motor handle even what a stock 4g63 can, be my guest. in retrospect, there are many a 4g63 swap into honduh's, and theres 2 LS1 DSM's that i know of.

Quote:
Supras weigh like a Terminator. 3600+ lbs. They are rather hefty.
and just like supras, our termies were not designed for the quarter, theyre drivers cars, meant to turn well and get up and go on the freeway, not meant to serve a life of just 1,320ft at a time, that imo is a waste.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:46 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

1000 rwhp and 300 rwtq. Sign me up.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:01 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

You know what's ALMOST as gay as the subject of this thread?

This...

Old 09-30-2007, 10:04 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

quit showing off your new halloween costume...........

Old 10-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

He has the correct tire choice at least.... MT ET street DR's FTW

JROC, it's your perfect car... It's all about ET!!!

j/k...... Dumb idea... Different yes, but dumb... Let me guess they are going to mate it up to a powerglide(GM) tranny and it's a full drag car?
Old 10-05-2007, 02:46 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
He has the correct tire choice at least.... MT ET street DR's FTW

JROC, it's your perfect car... It's all about ET!!!

j/k...... Dumb idea... Different yes, but dumb... Let me guess they are going to mate it up to a powerglide(GM) tranny and it's a full drag car?
If that was my car and it had a badass Furd motor I would defenantly take up Drag Racing. I would never take that car to the track with a 2JZ in it though.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

/\
Old 10-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Oddly enough, I actually must say that I agree with Thomas on this one...

I am not a big fan of "inter-mingling" different brands of motor with a different brand of car, but i can definitely appreciate the effort the guy put into it...I have always been a fan of the 2JZblah motors and really all inline 6's for that matter...

I like guys who can be different while still being fast...well, while keeping the car fast i should say, who knows if he can drive or not...the point is simply that sure he could have taken the typical 5.0 setup and built a fast drag car, but he went a different route and STILL made what should be a fast drag car...I definitely have a lot of respect for a guy who can make something fast out of something different...it's easy to put together something "unique" and have it be a complete p.o.s. but so far it seems that this guy has/will have an awesome setup...Again, I would have preferred to see him keep a unique setup with a FORD motor in a FORD car or a TOYOTA motor in a TOYOTA car, but I still appreciate what he has done, and how he can beat the pants off of some unsuspecting people...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:20 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
really all inline 6's for that matter...
I don't nessessarily agree with everything you are saying, but I do agree with this. Inline 6's are pretty badass motors and are very strong. I'm no car designer but I think Nissan should have stayed with an I6 design instead of a V6 in the new GTR. I'm sure the motor it will have will be good, but inline motors by naughter are stronger than V type motors. I pretty sure thats one of the main reasons that Supra's, Evo's, and GTR's can run the amount of boost that they do, and RB26's were great motors to begin with.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pictures_darth_gayder.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	63.5 KB