Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Got pets? Lets see'em!

123K views 2K replies 384 participants last post by  Recon 
#1 ·
Dunno if there's another thread like this or not(tried searching but didn't see anything). I've got a 4 yr old mix(don't know what he is but he's a great dog) named jeice and a 3 yr old full blooded German Shepard (akc registered) named Zoey that's a big baby(literally as she tries to lay in your lap). And yes in the one picture of zoey she is passed out on a Richmond spool box snoring away lol

Attachments

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#1,878 ·
Here is something someone sent me a while back.
I thought it said a lot and maybe some of you will appreciate it.
Ronnie

JUST A DOG

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or "that's a lot of money for just a dog."

They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog."

Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."

Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by" just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch
of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you probably understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy.

"Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience
that make me a better person. Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog"
but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that its' not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man" or "just a woman."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog,"
just smile, because they "just don't understand."

~Unknown Author~

#1,879 ·
Gravy - Really sad to hear of your loss

I don't know if you have ever seen this but it may bring you a little comfort.
Ronnie

Attachments

#1,881 ·
My pup Suki. I miss her a lot, and my wife keeps sending me pics of her while I'm over here.

Sent from sunny Afghanistan

Attachments

#1,887 ·
My Mario and Oscar loves car rides

My dogs love my Mustang and I just vacuum the Corgi hair up. Mario goes to the American Muscle show from Daytona to Maple Grove and really enjoys the ride.
A little (LOT) dog hair don't hurt anything.
Ronnie

Attachments

#1,890 ·
Hi Paulluap,
Mario is short but likes to see out the windows, I do take him without his car seat and he will stand on the console to look out.
Oscar is a Chihuahua and insists on riding on my lap.
I don't take him as often as I do Mario because he can be a PITA.
Mario is a trained "RUINED" service dog so he can go anyplace I go.
He really knows how to behave in public places.
A lot of people on this forum know Mario personally.
Ronnie

#1,891 ·
Hi Ronnie
That's cool. :thumb:
Maybe later when I have had the car for a while, Mustangs are not very common over here, well there has been a lot lately with the new 2016 models.
You might see 1 or 2 a week in summer.
I have had my other car for 25 years and intend to keep my Mustang just as long.:D
So I do like to take care of them.
I have only ever owned 5 cars and still have 3 of them, including the Mustang. lol

Max would look cool in the front seat, I think some DIY is needed.;)
Cheers Paul

#1,892 ·
The only problem I have with Mario when on the interstates is that he will be looking out the windshield and if he spots the Rest Area sign, He goes crazy for me to stop so he can sniff around.
I'm sure he can't read but he sure knows what those signs say.
He does have me trained because I do stop for him -AND ME TOO!
Ronnie

#1,894 ·
View attachment 212137 Shelby riding in back of convertible. Panics when driving in "regular" car, but loves the vert.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Probably just loves the wide open spaces! If anyone has any trucks with getting out dog hair let me know. When my corgi rides with me her hair gets stuck in the cloth seats. Lint rollers won't get it out. Vacuums at the car wash have problems with it as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#1,895 · (Edited)
Corgi and Chihuahua = Mario & Oscar

parkerbickel,
Corgi hair is magnetic until you try to pick it up.Ha! Ha!
I bought a carrier that Mario loves and it is put on the passenger seat so he can look out the windows but he still likes to get into the rear seat on his sheepskin once in a while.
My Shark vacuum does a great job of removing the hair with the brush attachment.
I do have leather seats so the hair comes off really easy.
I love taking my dogs with me to car shows and Mario really enjoys it a lot, Oscar actually lets people touch and pet him at car shows and loves the attention.
Any other place he will snarl & back away if anyone wants to pet him. He does like small children and does let them pet him.

Ronnie

Attachments

#1,897 ·
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Merry Christmas Ken.
Ronnie

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Merry Christmas Ken.
Ronnie

#1,899 ·
Hi Gravydog,
You sure are right on this, I don't know what I will do when my Mario is gone. It sure is sad that dogs don't live as long as we do so we have to watch them go over the rainbow bridge.
I love taking my Mario in my Mustang ( Oscar too) because it sure makes them happy doing a car ride.
Dog hair is not going to ruin a car, It sweeps up with a vacuum cleaner.
I do enjoy my Mustang and I also enjoy my dogs.
Ronnie

#1,901 ·
Hi Gravydog,
You sure are right on this, I don't know what I will do when my Mario is gone. It sure is sad that dogs don't live as long as we do so we have to watch them go over the rainbow bridge.
I love taking my Mario in my Mustang ( Oscar too) because it sure makes them happy doing a car ride.
Dog hair is not going to ruin a car, It sweeps up with a vacuum cleaner.
I do enjoy my Mustang and I also enjoy my dogs.
Ronnie
I agree, a million per cent, but, actually, I meant one day, your dogs will steal your car Thelma & Louise-style!

Attachments

#1,902 ·
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
That is funny and my dogs will do that if I just rum into a Wa Wa for a minute.
Oscar in the passenger seat and Mario at the steering wheel.
I need to take my camera with me because that is a great picture.
My dogs like to watch every move I make when I;m in a store.
Ronnie

#1,905 ·
Hi Paul, Great dog but where the heck is your steering wheel?????
Your Mustang sure looks nice. Blue with White stripes is A perfect color.
Ronnie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.