retiring chevys - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
retiring chevys

Pulled up at Ford today and they were getting rid of a bunch of chevys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20111215_153056.png
Views:	92
Size:	433.5 KB
ID:	35985  
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Guess no found this interesting huh?

Btw I will never go to that Ford again.they worked on my abs on my 2004 explorer.it took them 2 1/2 days to diagnose it.they told me at the time that they had to go over everything.what it was doing the abs light would kick on and pulse the breaks creating a bad shake while driving and not even touching the breaks.anyways it turned out to be the abs pressure switch.

So here I am 2 months later and my abs light comes on and stays on.it is now making my auto 4 wheel drive kick on for no reason.they warranty there work and parts for 12 months/12000 miles.so I took it back assuming it had to be something they touched because they touched everything.lol.before I even get home 15 minutes away(right before closing) they call me and say it was not related.go figure.then they ask do u want us to do further testing.soon this tells me they don't know the problem but they do magically know its not related.so I tell them no further testing ill pick it up Tomorow.

The next day I call off from work because I got some nasty flu.I get a phone call at about 9:00 am and Ford says we found the problem do u want us to fix it?I said uhh...... I told u I would pick it up today. He says ok that will be 100$.the rest of that 5 mins of conversation was nothing but 4 letter words.

So I go up there, after some more 4 letters I just go to pay anyway.my card gets some error message.I call the bank to find out why and there was suspicious charges so the stopped it for me.thank God because they were fraud.so I had to go to the bank make a withdraw.I finally get my car back then 1 hour later my wife looses her card. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the long story but no ever go to Paul heuring Ford!!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
That bad huh? Well is the problem at least fixed?

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Not yet.I picked it up yesterday .I think I'm just gonna fix it myself on next payday.I never take my cars anywhere,and the 1 time I do I bites me in the a**.I wasn't really equipted to diagnose abs system.but hey just another life lesson.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
Not yet.I picked it up yesterday .I think I'm just gonna fix it myself on next payday.I never take my cars anywhere,and the 1 time I do I bites me in the a**.I wasn't really equipted to diagnose abs system.but hey just another life lesson.
Some lessons learned the hard way. Glad that dealer is nowhere near me.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang

Some lessons learned the hard way. Glad that dealer is nowhere near me.
That and some lessons cost more than others unfortunately
Old 12-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Them chevys were probably for managment.they should be ashamed to drive fords.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Lmmfao bro...
Old 12-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #9
Road Trip!

The bad thing for them if I wasn't sick I was debating on checking into a trade.I want to get a flex for the family
Old 12-18-2011, 10:41 PM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: retiring chevys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
The bad thing for them if I wasn't sick I was debating on checking into a trade.I want to get a flex for the family
I'd go to another dealer. Fortunately where I am they have more competition, there are at-lest 4 dealers within 15 miles of me. Not to mention some great independent shops.

Too funny about the Chevy's, I guess they just couldn't get rid of them on their lot so now off to Auction. If you're going to buy now is the time. Check out the MKT as well both are cool looking cars though.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

I'd go to another dealer. Fortunately where I am they have more competition, there are at-lest 4 dealers within 15 miles of me. Not to mention some great independent shops.

Too funny about the Chevy's, I guess they just couldn't get rid of them on their lot so now off to Auction. If you're going to buy now is the time. Check out the MKT as well both are cool looking cars though.
Im sure there are a few around here that just being the closest to me(5 mins).what's the mkt ?i like the flex cause it gets nearly 26-30 mpgs and has 3 row seating.I have 4 kids.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #12
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

Im sure there are a few around here that just being the closest to me(5 mins).what's the mkt ?i like the flex cause it gets nearly 26-30 mpgs and has 3 row seating.I have 4 kids.
The MKT is just the Lincoln version of the Flex. (Just a tad bit more money.) It's just cool looking both are cool. You know the MCA offers xplan pricing, or they did last year, I think.
Edit: I used to have the same issue when autonation ran my nearest local dealership, service was ridiculously expensive.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

The MKT is just the Lincoln version of the Flex. (Just a tad bit more money.) It's just cool looking both are cool. You know the MCA offers xplan pricing, or they did last year, I think.
Edit: I used to have the same issue when autonation ran my nearest local dealership, service was ridiculously expensive.
Oh ok.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos