New Wheels - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Thumbs up New Wheels

My car is extremely filthy and hasn't been bathed in quite awhile, and it doesn't look as good now as it will when I wash, claybar, polish, and wax it.

With the factory 17's.

With my new 18's.

Other mods waiting to go on.

MAC Prochamber.

LFP DP H/E
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: New Wheels

NICE....like i have said 10000 times i LOVE your car

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

that fourthpic is teh hotness

edit: fourth, not third...whoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:55 AM   #4

Region: Florida

Very nice!!
2000 GT "Spring edition", 5 speed w\Ford Racing performance clutch w\Steeda high performance cable, billet clutch quadrant & firewall adjuster, Eibach Pro kit w\KYB adjustable shocks, o\r x-pipe w\Flowmaster American Thunders (no cats), Alpine CD\DVD\MP3 head unit w\JL Audio high\mid\subs, and carbon fiber all over the interior.
FLGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:36 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

Nice!!
Old 12-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

nice
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks ya'll.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02

wow, very nice! i am so loving that look, if i don't go with the chrome fr500's, think i'm getting those, lol. VERY hot looking cobra, btw! i love it!

2002 Mineral Gray Mustang GT ~Dominic~
MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust, CAI, Mach 1 Grille Delete and much more to come. ***Sold. New 5.0 GT coming soon!!!
ChrissyStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyStang02 View Post
wow, very nice! i am so loving that look, if i don't go with the chrome fr500's, think i'm getting those, lol. VERY hot looking cobra, btw! i love it!
Thanks! I'm detailing it right now and I'll post up a few more pics. It was very dirty as my work has a dirt parking area and I haven't washed it in over 2 months. I've already washed, claybared and polished it, but this Meguiars Gold Classic wax takes forever to dry.

Also put my Cobra grill emblem on.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

if you ever need someone to babysit your car, just bring that thing to jersey, i'll take care of it

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02

lol...same here, or if you would like to trade it for my 02 GT (which I love ), but very hot looking Cobra like I said. And you're welcome. PS -Mine could use a good wash and detail as well if you get bored...haha.

2002 Mineral Gray Mustang GT ~Dominic~
MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust, CAI, Mach 1 Grille Delete and much more to come. ***Sold. New 5.0 GT coming soon!!!
ChrissyStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:22 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I would paint that H good with rustoleum or what ever~ I have seen them rust pretty bad
Old 12-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Well I got drunk up last night and didn't go to sleep, and went and got my Prochamber installed(This thing sounds nasty btw, I wish ya'll could hear it) and did two dyno pulls with it. Apparently my scanner sucks because the printout I got is in color and looks perfectly fine, but I can't even get my torgue curve to show up on my computer. It looks like any other Terminator with an Eaton torque curve though. It made 415ft-lbs at about 4,600 rpms. Check out what my air/fuel does at 5,300 rpms.

More new pictures of my car after I clean her up real good FTW. I got off work for today ftw also. I think I need to update my garge and sig.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0153.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	18312   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0154.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	18313  

Name:	HPIM0155.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	18314   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0161.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	18315  

Name:	HPIM0160.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	18316   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0158.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	251.3 KB
ID:	18317  

Name:	HPIM0159.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	18318   Click image for larger version

Name:	File0049.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	18319  

Old 12-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

it richens out like a mofo. what are you currently using for tuning, if anything?

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
it richens out like a mofo. what are you currently using for tuning, if anything?
Suppossably the car was tuned b/f I bought it but I don't have the tuner for it. When I get it tuned myself I will get Ford to erase the old tune and I use my xcal2 that I used on my Roush. I returned it to stock b/f I traded it. Atleast its not running lean and the guy said its safe, but that there defenantly more power to be had in it. I think I've been smelling gas and I thought it was my cats.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Damn....there must be about 30ish hp and tq...if not more...left on the table with that tune. If it was in fact tuned before you got it....that tuner needs to be shot and not allowed to touch another car. That is horrible. It is lean on the hit....and doesn't get safe until about 3700 rpms....it is way lean until then....and then is nice until around 5500 when it starts puking fuel out your tail pipes.

Wow...definitely need to get that fixed. You are way too lean during the hardest working point of your RPM band...
Old 12-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Damn....there must be about 30ish hp and tq...if not more...left on the table with that tune. If it was in fact tuned before you got it....that tuner needs to be shot and not allowed to touch another car. That is horrible. It is lean on the hit....and doesn't get safe until about 3700 rpms....it is way lean until then....and then is nice until around 5500 when it starts puking fuel out your tail pipes.

Wow...definitely need to get that fixed. You are way too lean during the hardest working point of your RPM band...
I will be taking my car here tomorrow morning.
Pro-Dyno.net | Mobile Dyno Tuning Service

I could go to Amazon as it is about the same distance from me, but Pro Dyno > Amazon.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #18
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I will be taking my car here tomorrow morning.
Pro-Dyno.net | Mobile Dyno Tuning Service

I could go to Amazon as it is about the same distance from me, but Pro Dyno > Amazon.
Not familiar with Pro-Dyno...but...I think a 5 year old pushing buttons would get a closer tune for you right now. Good to hear you are going somewhere soon though....it is highly recommended before something goes pop down low in your band.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:12 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not familiar with Pro-Dyno...but...I think a 5 year old pushing buttons would get a closer tune for you right now. Good to hear you are going somewhere soon though....it is highly recommended before something goes pop down low in your band.
Thanks. I bet thats why my car has been stalling out when I go to brake on occasion. Its not getting enough fuel. I also bet your right, that guy probably BSed me about it already having a dyno tune on it. I should have been smart and had it checked when I first got the car. I though those #'s were slightly low. What is an idea A/F ratio? 11.5 maybe?
Old 12-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #20
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Well, it has a tune or else you would be blowing up as you are pullied right? Stock tune would for sure blow stuff up with a pulley.

As for the stall, that is a feature that came with our cars. Judging by your tune, it probably wasn't fixed in the tune that is in it now. It should go away with your next tune if they even have half a clue of what is going on.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

ideal a/f can change depending on whats all done to the car and how far you want to push it.

for a daily driven car id stay around 11-11.5:1 with some good timing, if it was a weekend car id probably try for either leaner (12:1) or more timing, whichever nets the most gains. of course, on a weekend car, youre less likely to care if you melt pistons or rods, as you can still get to work monday morning, and if a cobra is your weekend car, you probably have the bank to afford a new rotating assembly, and probably have had a new one in the works already just waiting for the excuse to tear it all down.

but yeah, theres definately more power to be sucked out of that.

as for how far you can go without a tune, i think the max i heard was someone staying at around 11.5:1 with a 3.10" pulley once. the ecu runs its fuel maps based off of incoming air, so it just sees more air and adds the right amount of fuel, the problem is, once it (airflow) gets so a certain point, the ecu can no longer compensate for the additional airflow, which is where tuning comes to play. most factory boosted cars have a area in which you can add such and such psi and not need additional tune or fuel modifications, depending on how stout the factory equipment is. however, its mostly hit or miss, what works for one person doesnt always work for the other, so its better to be safe not sorry.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:01 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Here's what we think happened. The guy I bought my Cobra from sells cars and he has Ford service them and we believe that Ford put a stock 04 Cobras tune on it because that what it had.

Anyways my experiance with Pro-Dyno has been extremely satisfying. Temperture and humidity was very ideal, but this is with a 2.93 on an unported Eaton, stock lower. I was very surprised and I can defenantly feel the difference. I think I need to go back to DR's. Pro-Dyno FTW!

Old 12-05-2007, 02:22 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

:drool:

I wish I had a Cobra. Sweet numbers.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:29 AM   #24
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Wow, that's pretty high for a 2.93 upper only...I need to get myself on that dyno...I bet I could hit 540's. What are they SAE? I remember when I swapped from my 2.76 to a 3.10 upper I dyno'ed on a similar day and put down right at 500 uncorrected.

Much better numbers anyhow...did you buy the car with the upper pulley? He told you it was tuned? Man, I would beat someone's *** for that. you could have easily lost your engine assuming you drive more like me and not like Spec.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:06 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

I was thinking the same thing number look kinda high

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:11 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

490 with a 2.93" upper and tune?

93 octane? what all else do you have again?

Quote:
did you buy the car with the upper pulley? He told you it was tuned? Man, I would beat someone's *** for that. you could have easily lost your engine assuming you drive more like me and not like Spec.
werd.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:12 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

what was the basline?
Old 12-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Correct these are not SAE #'s and I'm not exactly sure what mine are. From my understanding most STD numbers are generally about 2 to 3% higher than SAE corrected numbers, but even if you correct it 3% it would still be around 475hp/486tq. I know a guy who made over 600whp on the same dyno and his SAE #'s were only 3 or 4 hp short of the STD #'s, same with his torque. My old #'s from the day before yesterday were SAE #'s and my car is quite a bit peppier. The upper was on my car when I bought it, but I have measured it and its 2.93. Rob(one of the people who tuned my car) has a ported blower on his car and look at his numbers and the times he ran on 18's and a IRS.Pro-Dyno Gallery :: Rob's Cobra .

Thomas I have a 2.93 upper, Magnaflow c/b, MAC Prochamber, K&N FIPK, and thats it for my power mods.

SpectorV look at the chart I posted. Its a thumbnail. Also, it uses SAE #'s.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #29
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Yup...I need to get on that dyno...my numbers would skyrocket. 575 on a 2.93 only is a bit high...

And STD vs SAE all depends on the outdoor conditions. I have some STD numbers that are lower than SAE and others that are higher...STD doesn't account for one of the atmospheric conditions that SAE does....can't remember which one....think it was temp or something...so it can flip flop...be close...or be wide.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:35 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup...I need to get on that dyno...my numbers would skyrocket. 575 on a 2.93 only is a bit high...

And STD vs SAE all depends on the outdoor conditions. I have some STD numbers that are lower than SAE and others that are higher...STD doesn't account for one of the atmospheric conditions that SAE does....can't remember which one....think it was temp or something...so it can flip flop...be close...or be wide.
I don't make 575, but yes that is alot for just a 2.93. We were all very impressed, they were bragging to people over the phone that they have a 03 Cobra with a only a 2.93 making 490whp. We chalked it up to just having extremely ideal weather conditions,(look at what they were on my printout, it couldn't get much better) and me having a strong running Terminator. But also Pro-Dyno is very good(look at how nice my A/F is). They will guareentee you that they will make you more power than you already have on a safe tune. Most Ford/Cobra owners I've meet around here will tell you to go with Pro-Dyno over Amazon. Their both about 2 hours from me. When I got there Dan put a tune on it B/F we ran it to get the A/F more idea and it made a little over 460whp. After 5 pulls I was at my current #'s. These aren't exact but It went from like 465, to 480, to 487, to 489, to 490, with about a 20 minute cool down between runs. I do believe that their dyno is a little friendly, but its still a dynojet, and they are the ones who tuned the fastest Ported/IRS/6-speed/Cobra.

http://www.carolinarides.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=29931

I know that SAE #'s are in someway based off 60 degrees and look at the temp that day 59.76 degree with low humidity.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:09 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I still think those numbers are about 30hp/tq too high~ but it doesnt matter anyway~ as long as its tuned good and you have the most they can get out of it safley then your good to go.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:29 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
I still think those numbers are about 30hp/tq too high~ but it doesnt matter anyway~ as long as its tuned good and you have the most they can get out of it safley then your good to go.
But thats easy to say when your sitting at a computer and have nothing to go by except a printout. You get a totally different impression when you are sitting there seeing it. Ya'll can call bs all you want, but these are the #'s I got on a dynojet. Would I make the same power on the dyno I was on Monday, IDK. I can tell you this you would be hard pressed to feel an extra 20/25 hp, and I can defenantly feel more power from my car, and my tires are breaking free easier.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:58 PM   #33
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

With the tune that you had, 5 more hp would feel a ton better just because of the better response.

You numbers are high, but, like you said, that is what that particular dyno put down. All I'm saying is I need to get my car on there so I can get myself a set of higher numbers with a dyno sheet to back them up.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Yea, people take dyno numbers as 100% when in fact they are not that~ oh well just a way to see a percent gain and make us feel better
Old 12-07-2007, 05:24 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Pro-Dyno FTW! - CarolinaRides.com Community

Quote:
It made 483 SAE. we realy dont see this very often. just a good build and some cold weather. funny thing is did it 2 back to back pulls with no cool down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos