Freshly washed, clayed and waxed!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Freshly washed, clayed and waxed!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120319_234842.png
Views:	285
Size:	755.4 KB
ID:	44329
08MustanGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 12:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Looks great what kind of wax

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Well done
kjunitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol
Looks great what kind of wax
I use all Meguiers products...I used the ultimate car wax...I think that's what its called lol having a brain fart lol
Old 03-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08MustanGT

I use all Meguiers products...I used the ultimate car wax...I think that's what its called lol having a brain fart lol
I use gold class but I'm looking for something better, maybe u used there nxt gen products in the purple bottle?

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

I guess it works very well but it doesn't last, it beads for awhile but that shine seems like it last about 3 days

Old 03-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Like I said awesome results just doesn't last long, I mean I expect it to get dirty but after I hand wash it with expensive car soap that does not strip wax it doesn't look as good :/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-831043073.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	627.3 KB
ID:	44373   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3984443332.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	442.3 KB
ID:	44374  

Name:	image-2172502120.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	391.4 KB
ID:	44375  

Old 03-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: Freshly washed, clayed and waxed!!

I need to get a Clay Wax job myself. Also need to find a Detailer who has equipment to take care of "Oxidation" problem on the wheels.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Like I said awesome results just doesn't last long, I mean I expect it to get dirty but after I hand wash it with expensive car soap that does not strip wax it doesn't look as good :/
Yea I hear ya bro...I find myself always washing it anyway every week, and applying the meguiars quick detailer. Usually do the good stuff every 2 months, I clay it at the start of the spring and end of summer. But I totally hear ya..seems alot of the pricey waxes give great results but don't last long..although I see the same from the cheaper stuff as well lol

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
I need to get a Clay Wax job myself. Also need to find a Detailer who has equipment to take care of "Oxidation" problem on the wheels.
No doubt bro...I was out there all day Sunday. I rinsed the car down soaped it up, rinsed again, dried her off clayed then waxed...if it only took the time it took me to say that lol! Im a nut when it comes to keeping her clean lol. Also claying could help with slight oxidation pending on the severity.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote:

Yea I hear ya bro...I find myself always washing it anyway every week, and applying the meguiars quick detailer. Usually do the good stuff every 2 months, I clay it at the start of the spring and end of summer. But I totally hear ya..seems alot of the pricey waxes give great results but don't last long..although I see the same from the cheaper stuff as well lol

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

No doubt bro...I was out there all day Sunday. I rinsed the car down soaped it up, rinsed again, dried her off clayed then waxed...if it only took the time it took me to say that lol! Im a nut when it comes to keeping her clean lol. Also claying could help with slight oxidation pending on the severity.
Sorry didn't realize it was on the rims! Gotta try some eagle one chrome wading...pending on the severity of course of the oxidation.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08MustanGT View Post

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Sorry didn't realize it was on the rims! Gotta try some eagle one chrome wading...pending on the severity of course of the oxidation.
Thanks, I'll look into that Eagle One stuff.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
Thanks, I'll look into that Eagle One stuff.
No problem bro!! Good luck!!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No problem bro!! Good luck!!
That will ruin your rims, you don't have chrome wheels, it's polished and clear coated so treat it as you would your paint, use a fine paint polish or glaze

Old 03-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That will ruin your rims, you don't have chrome wheels, it's polished and clear coated so treat it as you would your paint, use a fine paint polish or glaze
Really been using the stuff for awhile always had good results, but will try your recommendation!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Nice, really like the color. What's the name of it?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Nice, really like the color. What's the name of it?
Thanks bro...paint name is alloy.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #15
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

Thanks bro...paint name is alloy.
Hmm such a simple name but yet somehow it almost seems powerful. Your car is sexy and if a car could be a hot stripper, alloy would be her name hahaha

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hmm such a simple name but yet somehow it almost seems powerful. Your car is sexy and if a car could be a hot stripper, alloy would be her name hahaha
Lol nicely put, I like that one lol!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What product do you recommend?
Old 03-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

mothers or meguiars cleaner wax and they will stay clean longer, and if the finish has a lot of oxidation use turtle wax polish in a white and green tub, buff with a dry cloth to start and and finish with a damp then your wax of choice, it's time consuming but of you do things right you won't damage or have to clean em so often, stay away from acid based cleaners too, also if I'm really trying to detail the car I use diluted simple green on the wheels and wheel wells

Old 03-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
mothers or meguiars cleaner wax and they will stay clean longer, and if the finish has a lot of oxidation use turtle wax polish in a white and green tub, buff with a dry cloth to start and and finish with a damp then your wax of choice, it's time consuming but of you do things right you won't damage or have to clean em so often, stay away from acid based cleaners too, also if I'm really trying to detail the car I use diluted simple green on the wheels and wheel wells
Awesome bro! Really appreciate the heads up!! From one mustang brother to another, thanks!!
Old 03-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Hey no problem

Old 03-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #21
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Nice. It looks like sex.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I also used meguiars ultimate on mine for its first wax last week, i used to use nufinish (orange bottle) on my other car. I also bought the quickwax detailer for after washes....give the expensive stuff a try :p did you apply by hand or use an orbital buffer? I did by hand but next time i will do by buffer.

The ultimate wax says to apply in "thin coats" maybe because its a polymer based wax a thick coat reduces its longevity? If that makes any sense...

Alloy looks great. I wish they kept it for the newer model it looks deeper and darker than the dark grey they had for 2011. I dont think ive seen an 05-09 in alloy before....really sharp.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
I also used meguiars ultimate on mine for its first wax last week, i used to use nufinish (orange bottle) on my other car. I also bought the quickwax detailer for after washes....give the expensive stuff a try :p did you apply by hand or use an orbital buffer? I did by hand but next time i will do by buffer.

The ultimate wax says to apply in "thin coats" maybe because its a polymer based wax a thick coat reduces its longevity? If that makes any sense...

Alloy looks great. I wish they kept it for the newer model it looks deeper and darker than the dark grey they had for 2011. I dont think ive seen an 05-09 in alloy before....really sharp.
Thanks bro, yea I too detailed the car last week and did apply it by hand as well. I also like yourself bought the quick wax detailer for between washes to keep it looking its best...

Yea I always thought the alloy color looked great on these cars and don't get why they didn't use it on the newer models is beyond me...with a nice detail the color really looks great!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I just bought the ultimate too, I like it, goes on smooth and buffs off just as easy.. The reason why you put it on thin is cause you only need to cover the surface, doesn't do any good to build it up just takes longer to dry to the surface if it even does cause of all that wax, which is true for any wax, don't add a lot, I normally do 2-3 small coats

Old 03-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just bought the ultimate too, I like it, goes on smooth and buffs off just as easy.. The reason why you put it on thin is cause you only need to cover the surface, doesn't do any good to build it up just takes longer to dry to the surface if it even does cause of all that wax, which is true for any wax, don't add a lot, I normally do 2-3 small coats
No doubt its definitely good stuff! I picked up that Meguiers cleaner wax for the rims today! Looking forward to using it the next washing!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Hell ya I love the ultimate wax, try zymöl glaze spray detailer in between waxes!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2032256355.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	396.8 KB
ID:	44955  

Old 03-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Try meguiars clay bar with meguiars final inspection glaze works awesome
1quick4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #28
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

^ROTFL
Hmm I wouldn't think of alloy as a "hot" stripper name. but I guess if she was really hot like the car, it wouldn't matter.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos