my new toy - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Thumbs up my new toy

supposed to be getting it tomorrow and installing it on wednesday..........hope i didnt just jinx myself

Pioneer USA - In-Dash Navigation

anyone have experience with this?
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: my new toy

I've been looking into something like that, post some good pics after you get it in.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I've been looking into something like that, post some good pics after you get it in.
I'm waiting for that as well...see, his buddy is hooking him up and instead of $1000, it is only going to cost $500....
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2008, 11:00 PM   #4
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

So its stolen then?
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to sledgehammer

nice!! i would put one in my car though. i like getting lost. i get to drive longer then.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:41 PM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledgehammer View Post
nice!! i would put one in my car though. i like getting lost. i get to drive longer then.
Kyle doesn't need to get lost...when he needs something like milk or bread....instead of going to walmart 2 miles from his house....he drives to the one in the next town over...or on the complete other side of town...either are about 10 miles away. Yeah, he doesn't need to get lost to drive longer.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #7
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

I really don't understand the need for gps nav if you don't really travel...
Old 01-29-2008, 12:00 AM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
I really don't understand the need for gps nav if you don't really travel...
To be a balla...
Old 01-29-2008, 12:08 AM   #9
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

I just don't get it. Is it to show off to everyone that, just in case you suffer a massive head trauma, you will still know how to get around the town that you live in?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:11 AM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
I just don't get it. Is it to show off to everyone that, just in case you suffer a massive head trauma, you will still know how to get around the town that you live in?
exactly.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:11 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Come on it's Kyle

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:43 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I'm not as worried about the nav, what I'm looking for is something that looks cleaner and sounds clearer than the factory system. Problem is it's gotta be one loud system for me to hear lol.

Wouldn't mind having nav in my work truck though, debating buying one of those portable systems and leaving it in my truck the majority of the time. I run a 200 mile radius around this area pretty much and all the way to the la state line so there's alot in there I don't know lol.

The funny thing is when you actualy follow the nav directions...my boss has a magellan and it'll have you take random offramps just to get back on the interstate again. He swears by it until it does stuff like that.
Our's:
Old 01-29-2008, 08:29 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I need a nav system when I travel but i dont drive my car so it would have to be portable for me
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #14
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I'm not as worried about the nav, what I'm looking for is something that looks cleaner and sounds clearer than the factory system. Problem is it's gotta be one loud system for me to hear lol.

Wouldn't mind having nav in my work truck though, debating buying one of those portable systems and leaving it in my truck the majority of the time. I run a 200 mile radius around this area pretty much and all the way to the la state line so there's alot in there I don't know lol.

The funny thing is when you actualy follow the nav directions...my boss has a magellan and it'll have you take random offramps just to get back on the interstate again. He swears by it until it does stuff like that.
Well yeah, when your job has you running around like that all the time, then its good for sure, but I don't see why folks who drive to work and back all week, and maybe to a friends house or the mall need a nav system. Just my opinion.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Well yeah, when your job has you running around like that all the time, then its good for sure, but I don't see why folks who drive to work and back all week, and maybe to a friends house or the mall need a nav system. Just my opinion.
Very true, I'm trying to get them on all our work trucks, we already have a gps system on all of them, just add to it.
Our's:
Old 01-29-2008, 01:49 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Quote:
who cares? maybe he likes to know that if he had to up and go somewhere that he could just input the destination and go.

i would love to have Nav on my car just for that fact. im waiting for Google to release a nav unit (like a garmin or tomtom) that runs GoogleEarth and tracks you in all of GE's 3D splendor, until then i have to stick with google maps mobile on my BB Pearl for directions when need be.

another plus with that unit is its bluetooth, in case you guys didnt know, most states will have laws against cell-phone useage (unless hands free) while driving, so being bluetooth he can hop in his car, connect and he can answer and make calls from the deck, a feature that will become very popular within a few months due to the laws taking effect.

but i guess its just another one of those "I am Nate, i drive a Jeep and know exactly where I am going 100% of the time, and i dont like it, therefore its useless"

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
another plus with that unit is its bluetooth, in case you guys didnt know, most states will have laws against cell-phone useage (unless hands free) while driving, so being bluetooth he can hop in his car, connect and he can answer and make calls from the deck, a feature that will become very popular within a few months due to the laws taking effect.
Luck for us, neither kyle or I have to worry about that here....yet. However, Kyle is hands free pretty much all the time as he never puts the damn phone to his face...he uses it like a CB even thought its a black jack.

Quote:
but i guess its just another one of those "I am Nate, i drive a Jeep and know exactly where I am going 100% of the time, and i dont like it, therefore its useless"
See, the sooner you accept this fact, the sooner you can begin to enjoy life.

As for me, I'm with Brad on this one. I am wanting something that fills the double din nicely. Nav would be nice for when I do go on trips like the 2 I have planned this year...but it would only get used then. The DVD playback is only cool because I can load a DVD with MP3's and go to town with that. I have no desire to watch movies in my car and think that is the most retarded thing ever thought up.

Plus, at the price, you can't go wrong...assuming the buddy price holds true and buddy doesn't get fired.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #18
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Its useless, imo, because the price to amount of times really needed ratio is huge! I am pretty good with maps, if I look em over a couple times and have some directions on paper, I can do just fine. If I can't find my way, hell, I drive a jeep, I'll make my own way. I am decent with directions, so I guess I just think something like that for a DD that is used for pretty much commuting around the town you live in is a silly waste of money. Now, if he traveled a lot, or was just horrible with directions, fine, its all good. I don't always know where I am going 100% of the time, but a phone call, glance at google maps, an atlas, or some street signs, I am usually good to go.

Its your money man, it looks cool, just not something I myself would spend money on, especially that much, when it could be used for so many other things for the vehicle.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #19
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Also, with the bluetooth argument, a lot of regular cd players are starting to come out with them. I know for a fact nearly every Planet Audio head unit has it, and I am sure others out there do too.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

And yall forgot the fact that they read your speed beyond the capability of your speedo

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:27 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to powerhungry966

wee need pics!

1989 coupe 5.0 yeessur.
"Shake n bake"
powerhungry966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:16 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

just make sure to leave it loose so when the car is broken into they wont have to rip apart the dash to get to it it will fall out and that will save you more repairs when you replace it.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

i gotta wait till next wednesday to get it installed.............everyone around here are being pricks about installing it. i went to 5 or 6 places and they all gave me the same ****......250 to install it and they are gonna ground it to the e-brake, meaning i cant watch movies when i drive.

but i did get it yesterday.........now i have to look at this box, harness, and mounting bracket for the next 168 hrs. which is really hard b/c i am pretty impatient to get this installed.......oh well
Old 01-30-2008, 10:17 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I'm waiting for that as well...see, his buddy is hooking him up and instead of $1000, it is only going to cost $500....
it was a present to me .............and 725 after tax
Old 01-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #25
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
i gotta wait till next wednesday to get it installed.............everyone around here are being pricks about installing it. i went to 5 or 6 places and they all gave me the same ****......250 to install it and they are gonna ground it to the e-brake, meaning i cant watch movies when i drive.

but i did get it yesterday.........now i have to look at this box, harness, and mounting bracket for the next 168 hrs. which is really hard b/c i am pretty impatient to get this installed.......oh well
Bring it over this weekend...and you can help me remove the tranny from the fox and we can install this...

I'm sure we can figure it out. lol

And...why would you need to watch movies while driving?
Old 01-30-2008, 10:50 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Bring it over this weekend...and you can help me remove the tranny from the fox and we can install this...

I'm sure we can figure it out. lol

And...why would you need to watch movies while driving?

i'll be working this weekend........that and i'm really paranoid b/c the last time i had a flip out unit it ****ed up, 6 times but it was a POS. the only reason i am bringing it to a business is b/c i want a warranty on labor.

the next day i have off is next wednesday so if you have off then i can swing by and help you after i get the unit installed.

also, if you burn mp3's on a dvd doesnt the unit still read it as a dvd? therefore, not play it while driving.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #27
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
i'll be working this weekend........that and i'm really paranoid b/c the last time i had a flip out unit it ****ed up, 6 times but it was a POS. the only reason i am bringing it to a business is b/c i want a warranty on labor.

the next day i have off is next wednesday so if you have off then i can swing by and help you after i get the unit installed.

also, if you burn mp3's on a dvd doesnt the unit still read it as a dvd? therefore, not play it while driving.
It probably looks at the file type, not the media format...but I couldn't tell you.

And...Um...I work monday thru fridays...
Old 01-30-2008, 11:14 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

You can always change the grounding system...
Our's:
Old 01-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It probably looks at the file type, not the media format...but I couldn't tell you.

And...Um...I work monday thru fridays...

yeah i know, but next week is mardi gras so i thought y'all might have had off at least tuesday, and if you dont have off anytime during the week, then i can come next weekend

Quote:
You can always change the grounding system...

yeah but i am so afraid that i'm gonna **** something up that i am gonna wait a week to have it installed and warrantied like i want it then going today and tinkering with it later and void the installation warranty
Old 01-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #30
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
yeah i know, but next week is mardi gras so i thought y'all might have had off at least tuesday, and if you dont have off anytime during the week, then i can come next weekend
The problem with your logic saying you have wednesday off is that MG is tuesday. lol

The state has tuesday off...and I could too if I wanted to burn a vacation day. I may and work on the fox...but right now I am planning to work from home.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:31 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The problem with your logic saying you have wednesday off is that MG is tuesday. lol

The state has tuesday off...and I could too if I wanted to burn a vacation day. I may and work on the fox...but right now I am planning to work from home.

right but i didnt know if they gave y'all off tues and wed. which makes me half right.......
Old 01-30-2008, 11:33 AM   #32
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
right but i didnt know if they gave y'all off tues and wed. which makes me half right.......
It would make more sense to give everyone monday and tuesday off....monday to recover from the super bowl parties that will be going on...and tuesday to get drunk again.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:34 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

.........and wednesday to recover from that
Old 01-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
id imagine this is how it works. however there are some map DVD's out there so who knows, maybe it looks at the file type, maybe it just chooses not to play dvd's while in gear or whatever. id imagine that would be a question for the manufacturer as to how their unit operates, id just simply ask "if i burned mp3's onto a DVD will they still play while in gear?"

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
id imagine this is how it works. however there are some map DVD's out there so who knows, maybe it looks at the file type, maybe it just chooses not to play dvd's while in gear or whatever. id imagine that would be a question for the manufacturer as to how their unit operates, id just simply ask "if i burned mp3's onto a DVD will they still play while in gear?"
now i wont have to worry about that. if you ground the unit to something other than the parking brake, any disc will work at any time. but if you ground it to where the e-brake has to be engaged to play a dvd format, it might not work.

i tried a while back to burn .wav files on a dvd and play it in the stock unit, and it didnt work. they were the same files that are on any music cd, just on a dvd

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos