Nitrous....sometimes it kilz your Mustang :-( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:56 AM   #1
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Nitrous....sometimes it kilz your Mustang :-(

Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude my mouth is still open with this one. Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Supporter

Re: Nitrous....sometimes it kilz your Mustang :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude my mouth is still open with this one. Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Yeah, I've never seen it blow an intake apart like that before unless it was plastic and that giant fireball lighting up the other car was impressive too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Wow. That was incredible.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Wow......
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Yeah, I've never seen it blow an intake apart like that before unless it was plastic and that giant fireball lighting up the other car was impressive too.
Oh yeah, so bright it made it day for a second
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

wow,,think he squeezed to soon..Never like nitrous personnaly,,i go for the super charger..I know the nitrous is cheaper,,but you need to know how to use it..And i like to keep my engine for a while
Old 08-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I woulda cried
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Holy ****....
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Oh boy....
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
such a nice looking 5.0l too..
Old 08-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #12
Road Trip!
Supporter

NAWS - Proper tuning is mandatory, or else!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #13
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
So, was that a bad tune job along with NOS? That was nuts!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #14
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
So, was that a bad tune job along with NOS? That was nuts!
Who knows for sure. Trying to activate it that quickly you definitely have to have it properly tuned though.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:38 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I have a 100 shot dry kit on my car we took 4 degrees of timing out of it and changed my plugs 2 steps colder is this set up safe? Everyone tells me it is but it still scares the crap outta me just knowing im useing the nos! Even though i love the power i feel by hitting that button! Lol and also ever since i changed the plugs the car misses at an idol? But its fine while driveing it and dont miss?? I need some help its got me confused and i dont want to hurt my car!
03whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:47 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03whitey
I have a 100 shot dry kit on my car we took 4 degrees of timing out of it and changed my plugs 2 steps colder is this set up safe? Everyone tells me it is but it still scares the crap outta me just knowing im useing the nos! Even though i love the power i feel by hitting that button! Lol and also ever since i changed the plugs the car misses at an idol? But its fine while driveing it and dont miss?? I need some help its got me confused and i dont want to hurt my car!
What plugs are you running I ran NGK tr6 plugs with my wet kit. Go back for a re-tune. Also my car did the same because one of the damn tips from the iridium plugs fell off and the gap was to open.

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:29 AM   #17
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03whitey View Post
Nitrous Tuning Instructions
Old 08-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Ok thanks! And im running 03 cobra plugs since they burn colder and gaped them at .35 where the stock plugs i had was gaped at .65 so that might have something to do with it idk?
Old 08-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #19
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03whitey View Post
Ok thanks! And im running 03 cobra plugs since they burn colder and gaped them at .35 where the stock plugs i had was gaped at .65 so that might have something to do with it idk?
I don't know the plugs or heat ranges for your car, but you want a plug that may be 1-3 heat ranges colder than your stock plugs. To get the right plug you will have to make a WOT run with nitrous, shut the engine off at the end of the run then remove and "read" the plugs to determine whether or not they are suitable. You should be able to find a plug reading chart through Google search for comparison.

Also don't forget you need to ****** the timing a bit too. How much will depend on what is recommended for your engine and the amount of nitrous you are using. An aftermarket timing ****** would be a great addition and you could set it to only ****** when the nitrous is activated so you don't have to drive around with the timing retarded all the time.

Good luck and be safe.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:39 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't know the plugs or heat ranges for your car, but you want a plug that may be 1-3 heat ranges colder than your stock plugs. To get the right plug you will have to make a WOT run with nitrous, shut the engine off at the end of the run then remove and "read" the plugs to determine whether or not they are suitable. You should be able to find a plug reading chart through Google search for comparison.

Also don't forget you need to ****** the timing a bit too. How much will depend on what is recommended for your engine and the amount of nitrous you are using. An aftermarket timing ****** would be a great addition and you could set it to only ****** when the nitrous is activated so you don't have to drive around with the timing retarded all the time.

Good luck and be safe.
For a GT the tr6 are good and what I like to do is pull 1 degree for every 25hp on the shot (100shot I pull 4 and for a 150 I pull 6 to 8 depending on the fuel. But its all in the tune my tuner/friend likes to pull 8 degrees on 150shots while i only did 6 thats why I have yet to see any of the cars he has tuned get messed up because he is very conservative when it comes to tuning.

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Old 08-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Yea im using a 100 shot and we pulled 4 degrees of timing out with my tuner and im using colder plugs so if im taking yalls information right then this is a safe set up and is safe for my motor?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03whitey
Yea im using a 100 shot and we pulled 4 degrees of timing out with my tuner and im using colder plugs so if im taking yalls information right then this is a safe set up and is safe for my motor?
Yeah sounds about right but check your AFRs when you drive around and spray some times you might lean out a bit. If I were you I would run the jets for a 125shot on the fuel only and the 100 on the gas thats what I would do on a self tune that you don't know the afr just to make sure its not leaning when you spray. My fox would run very rich with a 200shot so I put a 250shot gas jet and the 200shot fuel jet and the afr at wot with the spray was perfect even netted a extra 16hp and 33tq. When they dyno your car they check the afr or just buy one if you self tune best investment you can make imo.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #23
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302 View Post
For a GT the tr6 are good and what I like to do is pull 1 degree for every 25hp on the shot (100shot I pull 4 and for a 150 I pull 6 to 8 depending on the fuel. But its all in the tune my tuner/friend likes to pull 8 degrees on 150shots while i only did 6 thats why I have yet to see any of the cars he has tuned get messed up because he is very conservative when it comes to tuning.
That's what we needed, some "real life" examples. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Holy.... that's just insanely!
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Ha ha that will teach him not to use that crap lol sorry guys just my opinion
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #26
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003 View Post
It sure does graphically show what can happen without a proper tune or when something just plain goes wrong.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It sure does graphically show what can happen without a proper tune or when something just plain goes wrong.
I've always been against nitrous but if tuned rite its instant horsepower. But everytime you put it threw your engine your doing damage
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:24 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003
I ran a turbo/nitrous set-up with no problems made mid 800s with boost alone never dynoed with the 150shot but should have been in the high 900s low 1000s with nearly no turbo lag with a 88mm so its just the people not the product thats the error.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003

I've always been against nitrous but if tuned rite its instant horsepower. But everytime you put it threw your engine your doing damage
It does as much damage as a turbo or supercharger since it does the same basic thing adds more air and fuel just that it on when you need it. I have seen a bolt on mustang blow because of a bad tune and a nitrous fox with just a swist of a distributor run with out problems.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Tags
nitrous