p9000 hd car camera with night vision - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-01-2012, 03:38 AM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
i am thinking about purchasing this camera. anyone heard of it? i looked it up on youtube and the video quality looks great. i asked the seller some questions. i think its an import so i may try to see if i can find it somewhere else. im sure its not as good as a go pro. but i really dont feel like dropping a couple hundred on a camera just for my car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-P9000-HD...6662%26ps%3D54

also is there any other cheaper options that anyone knows of?

here is a video done with that cam.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4069952468.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	66535  
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Re: p9000 hd car camera with night vision

That quality looks much better than the $30 one i ordered from ebay/hong kong. You get what you pay for. Mine claims 1080i but everything is still very blurry. Id opt for a more reputable north american company. I want to get "replay xd" i think they cost more than gopro but they are a little larger than lipstick and same shape too, its meant for racing applications though.

The biggest asset to car cams is ability to read plates...very hard to get that kind of quality
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
yeah im thinking of just going gopro. ill probably get the older model though.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 704
Re: p9000 hd car camera with night vision

the thing about gopro/replay xd is they are more for on the fly filming where these ebay cameras are legitimate dash cams. The ebay ones let you just plug into a cigarette lighter so that when the car is turned on they automatically start recording, and record in segmented chapters. Once the card is full it goes back to the first chapter and starts over. I dont know if racing cameras have that kind of feature otherwise theyd be that much more worth it. If you use a go pro as a dash cam your car WILL get broken into. The replay xd is not so well known and is much easier to hide.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
the thing about gopro/replay xd is they are more for on the fly filming where these ebay cameras are legitimate dash cams. The ebay ones let you just plug into a cigarette lighter so that when the car is turned on they automatically start recording, and record in segmented chapters. Once the card is full it goes back to the first chapter and starts over. I dont know if racing cameras have that kind of feature otherwise theyd be that much more worth it. If you use a go pro as a dash cam your car WILL get broken into. The replay xd is not so well known and is much easier to hide.
some very good points. and thanx for the info.

im not as worried about that as some would be. because my car is a garage queen/weekend warrior. so the cam will never be exposed. and one big question i had about the original was if it was battery operated. because i dont have a working outlet to plug into. and i didnt really plan one putting it back in.

but that does really sound like a cool option. the dvr feature.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Re: p9000 hd car camera with night vision

I usea GoPro HDHero2 and it's phenomenal. Here's some videos I took:




I took many more videos but those are the only ones I've uploaded to YouTube so far. My Hero2 has a 32GB card that holds over 8hours of video and it's a microSD so super easy to use and upload to any computer.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson
I usea GoPro HDHero2 and it's phenomenal. Here's some videos I took:



I took many more videos but those are the only ones I've uploaded to YouTube so far. My Hero2 has a 32GB card that holds over 8hours of video and it's a microSD so super easy to use and upload to any computer.
awsome quality man. i like the light speed fast forwarding editing.

thanx for the input guys. the marked down the original hero to 130$ so i went with that. i took my first video today. i didnt know to use the orange doohickey when using the base plate mount. i just had it clamped to the back panel. so i got bad vibrations the whole time which took over the sound. but i am pleased so far.

dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Re: p9000 hd car camera with night vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
awsome quality man. i like the light speed fast forwarding editing.

thanx for the input guys. the marked down the original hero to 130$ so i went with that. i took my first video today. i didnt know to use the orange doohickey when using the base plate mount. i just had it clamped to the back panel. so i got bad vibrations the whole time which took over the sound. but i am pleased so far.

Looks good! Get a more stable mount and that crackling will clear up.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

Looks good! Get a more stable mount and that crackling will clear up.
yup, i just clamped the base plate that it came with for a quick test. but i read in this video, that with that mount you have to use the orange thing. http://vimeo.com/9338138?ab . because really thats just like a tripod tyoe mount for setting the camera in a non moving locaton. but the orange piece will fix it ive read.

and yes i plan on getting a few more mounts. maybe the magnet one and suction cup?
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Re: p9000 hd car camera with night vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
yup, i just clamped the base plate that it came with for a quick test. but i read in this video, that with that mount you have to use the orange thing. GoPro Mounts Tips & Tricks part 1 of 3 on Vimeo . because really thats just like a tripod tyoe mount for setting the camera in a non moving locaton. but the orange piece will fix it ive read.

and yes i plan on getting a few more mounts. maybe the magnet one and suction cup?
I haven't used either one but I have all the mounts. I used the mount that adheres to a spot and clips the camera in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3269.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	66790   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3270.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	66791  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3271.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	616.2 KB
ID:	66792  
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson

I haven't used either one but I have all the mounts. I used the mount that adheres to a spot and clips the camera in.
So that's the sticky mount? Trojan says that the suction cup works good on the outside. I am excited. I will probably be buying all kinds of them. Lol
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

So that's the sticky mount? Trojan says that the suction cup works good on the outside. I am excited. I will probably be buying all kinds of them. Lol
Yep! That's the sticky one. I haven't had enough trust in the suction cup yet to try it..
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #13
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
yeah. im probably gonna get out of hand and have sticky mounts all over my ride! lol
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Re: p9000 hd car camera with night vision

Uploaded another video I had but never uploaded:
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #15
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson
Uploaded another video I had but never uploaded:
nice man. i am also really impressed with the night time quality. i just hope the original hero does as good or close to the same at night.

the original dvr style i posted has a night time vision feature.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Re: p9000 hd car camera with night vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
nice man. i am also really impressed with the night time quality. i just hope the original hero does as good or close to the same at night.

the original dvr style i posted has a night time vision feature.
Night vision is pretty cool. HDHero2 picks up great at night. And I have it set at the med to low setting. Somewhere below 720p recording. It's capable of 1080p and when recording in that the quality is CRAZY good. I'm sure the HDHero original isn't much worse, if not even.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:18 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.