My new 2013!!!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMStang
Beautiful car...quite the upgrade! Haha! Congratulations.
U guys think staggered wheels will look good with it or standard? I know it's preference but I could go mean all black or slick all black w/ standards
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Nice car bro. I tuned my 2013 bout a month after I got it. No problems and I must say its awesome
With the race tune
Jmusc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
nice car dude, planning to get one too
is your transmission auto or manual?
whats your city and hwy gas mileage so far?
winkawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to brywolf90
ever thought about blacking it out?
Old 10-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
She is beautiful. Where I live, you only tint it if you sell drugs or are embarrassed to be seen-escalades and civics.

But if you like the look, go for it. Everybody has different outlooks on it, it is all personal. Myself, I like to be seen in my car...

I was going to go staggered, but it cost too much. If I had the cash, I would do it. I know you want to mod her, but she is very beautiful, to me. I am a HUGE fan of the color. It was either that color 13, or save 1250 and get a 12. I don't regret it, but I do appreciate the beauty.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Congrats man and welcome to the forum!
Insane4Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak
nice car dude, planning to get one too
is your transmission auto or manual?
whats your city and hwy gas mileage so far?
Manual. I'm getting 21 mpg. Lol. I even try and get it to 6th quick. Hwy is prob 26

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc
She is beautiful. Where I live, you only tint it if you sell drugs or are embarrassed to be seen-escalades and civics.

But if you like the look, go for it. Everybody has different outlooks on it, it is all personal. Myself, I like to be seen in my car...

I was going to go staggered, but it cost too much. If I had the cash, I would do it. I know you want to mod her, but she is very beautiful, to me. I am a HUGE fan of the color. It was either that color 13, or save 1250 and get a 12. I don't regret it, but I do appreciate the beauty.
Yeah I agree. The more I think about it the less modding I really need to do. Maybe I will get a Cool air intake but now I'm not even sure if I'm going to get an exhaust. The exhaust stock is pretty nice and looks pretty sweet. I'm not even sure if I'm going to get tint. I mean during the summer it gets a little hot but I may just put a cover over the whole car when it's parked in my driveway. Also it seems like mudflaps might not even be necessary because there is this protective piece kind of like a mudflap already on. I did get all the microfiber towels and sponges to clean my car.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

why so low on the hwy?
winkawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashjmg

Manual. I'm getting 21 mpg. Lol. I even try and get it to 6th quick. Hwy is prob 26

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Yeah I agree. The more I think about it the less modding I really need to do. Maybe I will get a Cool air intake but now I'm not even sure if I'm going to get an exhaust. The exhaust stock is pretty nice and looks pretty sweet. I'm not even sure if I'm going to get tint. I mean during the summer it gets a little hot but I may just put a cover over the whole car when it's parked in my driveway. Also it seems like mudflaps might not even be necessary because there is this protective piece kind of like a mudflap already on. I did get all the microfiber towels and sponges to clean my car.
Something is wrong with that mileage. How many miles? 65 mph flat should be giving you about 34 mpg instantaneous.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 10-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

i wish...that's what the meter says in my car. And i'm not even gunning it too much. anybody else have similar numbers? 20/26
Old 10-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i wish...that's what the meter says in my car. And i'm not even gunning it too much. anybody else have similar numbers? 20/26
I run a scanguage ii for my readouts. I never use the cars readouts, all from obd port. My tanks are usually 450+ and can hit 500 if I run it that low on fuel.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #47
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Don't depend on the cars computer

Quote:
The only way to check your actual gas mileage is to write down the odometer miles the next time you fill up. Go at least 600 miles or more and don't worry about writing down the miles you went when topping off the tank. Just be sure to write down how many gallons it takes and save that paper.
After you hit 600 miles you need to fill up again and write down the mileage.
Subtract the original miles from the 600 + miles and that will tell you how far you went. Then add up all of the gas you put in and divide that into your miles you went and you will have a more accurate MPG figure.

I suggest you never ever let the tank go under 1/4 tank due to the fuel pump is located in the tank and it is the gas that keeps it cool. They have been known to fail on not only Mustangs but many brands of cars due to overheating.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948

The only way to check your actual gas mileage is to write down the odometer miles the next time you fill up. Go at least 600 miles or more and don't worry about writing down the miles you went when topping off the tank. Just be sure to write down how many gallons it takes and save that paper.
After you hit 600 miles you need to fill up again and write down the mileage.
Subtract the original miles from the 600 + miles and that will tell you how far you went. Then add up all of the gas you put in and divide that into your miles you went and you will have a more accurate MPG figure.

I suggest you never ever let the tank go under 1/4 tank due to the fuel pump is located in the tank and it is the gas that keeps it cool. They have been known to fail on not only Mustangs but many brands of cars due to overheating.

Ronnie
Uh, 600 miles on a tank? That is pretty slow highway driving, and def not filling up at quarter tank. My best tank has been 36 mpg, that is over 37... Major respect if you can crank that out.

How I and many people on ecomodder calculate it is by always going to the same pump, same station, using the slowest auto setting on the pump, and letting it turn off at auto turn off. I never trust topping it off, the sensors do it fine itself, in my book.

I use the cheapest gas, or Sheetz, and use the slowest fill setting and auto off. My trip B says my lifetime mileage, my trip A is tank to tank. So when I fill up, it gets erased, and I write the miles down on my receipt. I track it all online. I would suggest making a thread on here, or using the fuel tracking on ecomodder to keep track. It shows a lot.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #49
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

ULTARC

Please re-read what I said:

Quote:
Nobody is sure not to go 600 miles on a tank of gas in a Mustang
Ronnie
Old 10-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Please re-read what I said:

Nobody is sure not to go 600 miles on a tank of gas in a Mustang
Ronnie
You mean that it is unlikely one will get 600 miles on a tank in a Mustang? I am doing it next summer lol. It can be done!

Old 10-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I use fuelly to track mileage on my cars. The computer has been shown to be inaccurate
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #52
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

OK ULTARC

I'm sure you will get 600 miles or maybe more on a single tank of gas on your Mustang V6

When you do, You need to call the Ford Motor Company and let them know how you did it. They can institute your Mods on the next generation of Mustangs.

You maybe can let all of us know your modifications so we all can get better mileage.

Ronnie
Old 10-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm sure you will get 600 miles or maybe more on a single tank of gas on your Mustang V6

When you do, You need to call the Ford Motor Company and let them know how you did it. They can institute your Mods on the next generation of Mustangs.

You maybe can let all of us know your modifications so we all can get better mileage.

Ronnie
+1,000,000
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ronnie
Well it is not that far off. My goal is 40mpg highway. I am about 1 mpg off from doing it, using my grille blocks and having my underbody on should do it. I just installed a small air dam, today.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
I use fuelly to track mileage on my cars. The computer has been shown to be inaccurate
+1

Fuelly is awesome.

No way anybody is getting 36-37. Ford has the record for their v6 at 37 mpg and the average speed was 38 on a closed track.

I'm averaging 24.9 and I've driven 6500 miles. About a 50/50 split. City driving sucks and best guess is I'm getting around 20.

If their are some special mods that can give you those numbers then my bad but I doubt that is an accurate claim of mileage. It's rated at 31 mpg. 31-34 with some mods and perfect conditions and cruise control then maybe 37 I'm not so sure about. If so I would like to know how to do it.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20
+1

Fuelly is awesome.

No way anybody is getting 36-37. Ford has the record for their v6 at 37 mpg and the average speed was 38 on a closed track.

I'm averaging 24.9 and I've driven 6500 miles. About a 50/50 split. City driving sucks and best guess is I'm getting around 20.

If their are some special mods that can give you those numbers then my bad but I doubt that is an accurate claim of mileage. It's rated at 31 mpg. 31-34 with some mods and perfect conditions and cruise control then maybe 37 I'm not so sure about. If so I would like to know how to do it.
My best tank is 36+ mpg. I average over 30, to 32, up to 34 with conservative driving. Do you really want me to go into detail?

I would be happy to help one improve their fuel economy. Some are mods, some is the person driving.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:

My best tank is 36+ mpg. I average over 30, to 32, up to 34 with conservative driving. Do you really want me to go into detail?

I would be happy to help one improve their fuel economy. Some are mods, some is the person driving.

Just curious. I did the computer reset on the highway to see what it says I do. 30-33 65-70 and around 27-28 going 75. I was curious what the read out would be as its not far off from the miles I've tracked so far.

Ive driven conservative for the last few tanks with the previous 2 doing spirited driving and I saw a 1.7 increase. Not significant but no reason not to just drive any not worry about mpg. I've tracked everything with Fuelly so I know everything about what I've tracked. Best tank so far is 25.9 and that was a conservative highway trip (385 miles) but I did pull 2 good size mountains there and back so I'm sure that killed the mpgs as I had to test the curves etc and I hit traffic on both of my highway trips. So I've not experienced anything close ti 30 yet.

Maybe it was jealousy that caused me to post. Didn't mean to come off snotty.

I see people claim to get 30+ frequently and I just wonder how they do it ( other than flat roads and driving conservative) My drive to work is 20 miles 11 highway and 9 city so that is all I have driven outside if those 2 "long" trips. I get around 24 when i have fun with it and 25 just shy of 26 when I drive conservative.

But I tip my hat to you. Maybe I'll hit 30 on a tank at some point.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20

Just curious. I did the computer reset on the highway to see what it says I do. 30-33 65-70 and around 27-28 going 75. I was curious what the read out would be as its not far off from the miles I've tracked so far.

Ive driven conservative for the last few tanks with the previous 2 doing spirited driving and I saw a 1.7 increase. Not significant but no reason not to just drive any not worry about mpg. I've tracked everything with Fuelly so I know everything about what I've tracked. Best tank so far is 25.9 and that was a conservative highway trip (385 miles) but I did pull 2 good size mountains there and back so I'm sure that killed the mpgs as I had to test the curves etc and I hit traffic on both of my highway trips. So I've not experienced anything close ti 30 yet.

Maybe it was jealousy that caused me to post. Didn't mean to come off snotty.

I see people claim to get 30+ frequently and I just wonder how they do it ( other than flat roads and driving conservative) My drive to work is 20 miles 11 highway and 9 city so that is all I have driven outside if those 2 "long" trips. I get around 24 when i have fun with it and 25 just shy of 26 when I drive conservative.

But I tip my hat to you. Maybe I'll hit 30 on a tank at some point.
I didn't take it snotty, I thought you were serious lol. When do you shift? I am in sixth gear at 29 mph IF traffic allows. I usually take 1st to 15-2000 rpms, and then 3rd or fourth, then fifth to sixth or just into sixth. Also, do you accelerate up hills or coast? I accelerate downhill and coast up hill. When God is pushing me down, it is easiest to accel. When he pushes me down when I try to go up, I ease the pedal and just make it up- slowing down to the speed limit, at the slowest.

So if I was on the highway in a 65, I would get to 74 as long as t wasn't harmful, and on an uphill, lose the speed to it. But hat is daily driving, my highway is all cruise. And my six has quite a few aero mods on it. The 6 has the WORST aero of the Mustangs, GT500 is better, then GT, then Boss/LS. Allegedly my front end is .07 lower than stock 6 front end, in Cd. If you care about looks, then do an underbody and an air dam. Way less drag on the bottom of the car. I am starting my underbody after the election, I made a smaller air dam underneath my splitter today. Posted images in my intro thread.

The best way to not use fuel, is to never come to a stop. I coast a lot. I am standard with 2.7 gearing, and my gearing is even lower because I have over inflated 18s on her instead of 17s. I have posted and linked to my instant mpg/speed charts.

And for calculating mpg at speed, do you test both directions? Because wind has a strong influence, along with elevation. And road changes.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

Please do go into detail. I have around 8k miles on my '13 with an average of 26.3mpg. I do go 70 - 80 mph on the highway and traffic in Northern Virginia can be a real ***** sometimes.

No mods other than an oil catch can.

If driving slower is the answer then 26.3 it is, but knowing how to make mpg better would be good info to have.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudsInMyCoffe

Please do go into detail. I have around 8k miles on my '13 with an average of 26.3mpg. I do go 70 - 80 mph on the highway and traffic in Northern Virginia can be a real ***** sometimes.

If driving slower is the answer then 26.3 it is, but knowing how to make mpg better would be good info to have.
Hehe, looks like we were typing at the same time....thanks for the info
Pony Package
6-Speed Auto
CloudsInMyCoffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudsInMyCoffe

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Hehe, looks like we were typing at the same time....thanks for the info
I hope no one minds me posting links to my stuff on another forum. No adsmr spam or money making, just info.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/emgarage....vehicleid=6431
This is my car info, mods with basic information and collected data.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/em-fuel-l...vehicleid=6431
This is my fuel log. It has all my fueling info in it.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/EM-hyperm...ecodriving.php
This helps what we call "the nut behind the wheel." There are some thins I do, and don't do, here.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/fuel-econ...ifications.php
This is a popular list of mods. Not all are worth it, butna lot of ideas. A few Mustang guys are on the forums. One guy has a 05-09 v6, and is getting mileage like me.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

30+ is just crazy.. My best was 25. That was a 70 mile drive, cruise control set at 70mph. And there's no mountains here. And no offense to anyone here but if you're averaging over 30mpg then you're not "driving" your car. Just seems like a waste. I know getting good mpg's is important to some who use it as a DD but 30+ is just too good.. I mean are you really so worried about saving a whole $5-$10 on gas a month? If you're hurting for money that bad, maybe you shouldn't have bought a brand new $25,000+ car. Again, not trying to offend anyone but I just don't see the point :/ And UltArc, man how can you drive like that all the time??? Lol. Have some fun with it!!!!!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #62
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey Cyclon37

You said it,

Personally I think anything around or over 25mpg just doing normal not thinking about it driving is just great. I don't think I will ever be A frugal driver. I like to goose my car in the butt once in a while. Well, probably more then once in a while.

I don't know how ULTarc can stand driving thrifty all of the time. He does keep excellent records though. I guess he is on a mission to see if he can hit that 40mpg. I hope he does.

He wants to get to the 40MPG like some of the guys want to hit that 11 second 1/4 mile time.

I guess there is just something for us all in Mustang land.

Ronnie
Old 10-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
He wants to get to the 40MPG like some of the guys want to hit that 11 second 1/4 mile time.
Haha, that's probably harder to do then getting into the 11's on the 1/4. I guess it's a bigger achievement! GL ultarc!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
30+ is just crazy.. My best was 25. That was a 70 mile drive, cruise control set at 70mph. And there's no mountains here. And no offense to anyone here but if you're averaging over 30mpg then you're not "driving" your car. Just seems like a waste. I know getting good mpg's is important to some who use it as a DD but 30+ is just too good.. I mean are you really so worried about saving a whole $5-$10 on gas a month? If you're hurting for money that bad, maybe you shouldn't have bought a brand new $25,000+ car. Again, not trying to offend anyone but I just don't see the point :/ And UltArc, man how can you drive like that all the time??? Lol. Have some fun with it!!!!!
Quote:
You said it,

Personally I think anything around or over 25mpg just doing normal not thinking about it driving is just great. I don't think I will ever be A frugal driver. I like to goose my car in the butt once in a while. Well, probably more then once in a while.

I don't know how ULTarc can stand driving thrifty all of the time. He does keep excellent records though. I guess he is on a mission to see if he can hit that 40mpg. I hope he does.

Ronnie
I'll post it when I do. Or, well, I'll be on my phone out of gas on the side f the road at 598... Lol

I had A plan, and quite a couple extra dealer rebates. I paid less than 20 before financing. But, with work, approaching 23 k.

And i like you bringing up the quarter mile. To me, FE is a constant test. A lot of people like performance, and want more power. But I would only get to use paid power at the track, or strip, for a fee, or from 0-35. I don't say 0-65, because I usually, uhh -moving with purpose- onto the highway. There is something about spinning my tires into second that just gets my blood rushing. But as great as 67x hp is, or even 4 or 5, I would never use it. But 300 is easy to use, and fun on the road. And the FE is a constant challenge. I take off from a light and go 1st to 6th lol, and cruise at 39. I use the axle backs for my stereo, and focus on the road. I mean, FE is about having as little resistance in the air, and taking turns as fast and safely as possible-always hitting the apex- and it saves money. Now, of the individuals on that forum I linked were driving, the Mustang I drive would see 34+ every tank.

Today, driving in the rain, I kicked out my rear end in first, then in second continued on down the road a bit. My way home is usually 27-30 mpg, today in the pouring rain was only 24.x. Between cold air, rain, and me having fun.

Keep in mind that tunes seem to kill fuel economy. Although surely driving style does, too. I know one person said he only uses 1-4 driving around, while I hit 6 from 29+ depending on traffic. And I engine break to hear my exhaust. Yea, she sounds good from 600 to 1500 rpms, but rolling to a stop light and tearing off in 2nd at 15 mph to 39 is a blast.

You guys think I am fuel efficient, I will post up my Mustang inspiration from that site.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

Ronnie
+1!
Pony Package
6-Speed Auto
CloudsInMyCoffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

http://ecomodder.com/forum/em-fuel-l...vehicleid=2691
The vehicle that does it. 07 v6, 31.x lifetime fuel economy. Since 2007, saved 2100+ USD. Fuel Log

http://ecomodder.com/forum/emgarage....vehicleid=2691

http://ecomodder.com/forum/member-mustang-dave.html
The driver.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos