203,000 miles on the 2006 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
203,000 miles on the 2006

In another thread I mentioned my 2006 that I sold this summer when I ordered the 2013. A couple of people asked about it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 View Post
Any pics of it?. Mine has 125000 on it and its still running strong. Only real problem is the fuel hassle but that's more of an inconvenience
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Wow you got 203,000 did you buy it new?
So yes, I drove it year round in SE Michigan, bought it new in April 2006 (hadn't planned to buy it, I went in looking for a new car for my wife and ended up buying the Mustang for myself). Originally I didn't intend all the modifications, but things started building and it transformed somehow (trying to take it slower on the 2013 and not do things that I have to undo later - starting this one with the end goal in mind).

I started taking it to the drag strip, and of course after awhile a CAI and tune wasn't enough. Added nitrous, 75 shot and ran that for two seasons. I got tired of the nitrous issues though - finding a place to fill the bottle, especially late or early in the season - remembering to turn the bottle on - having to fill the bottle each trip to the track ......

Got a great deal on an Xcharger so at 90,000 I pulled the nitrous kit off the car and installed the Xcharger, and upgraded to the Xcharger Xtreme. Added the Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, HotPart LCA's and adjustable UCA, FRPP rear springs and shocks and struts, PMP Line Locks, GT front brakes, 8.8" rear end with 3.55 gears, and UMI relocation brackets. Had FRPP X pipe and dual GTA mufflers on it; the only reason I replaced the rear bumper with a GT bumper is because I was rear ended by a guy texting.

When I sold it I had finally completed the custom hood. I took the Foose hood and a CDC shaker unit. Fabricated a mount to attach the shaker directly to the underside of the hood. When driving the shaker is functional pulling cool air on top of the Xcharger. With the hood up the Xcharger is exposed.

The last trip to the track the car had 201,000 miles on it and was making 12.7 second passes. The new owner is looking for a set of drag radials now too.

Oh, and as you can see a custom 6 point roll bar. Once the car broke through the 13.49 second barrier I had to add that to stay legal at the track. Coupes don't need one until they hit 11.49
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	021.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	73653   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03349.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	73654  

Name:	DSC03353.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	73655   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03351.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	73656  

Name:	DSC03419.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	73657   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03412.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	73658  

Name:	DSC03399.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	73659   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jim Carolan Mustang 5.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	988.2 KB
ID:	73660  

Name:	Jim Carolan Mustang 7a.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	73661   Click image for larger version

Name:	001 (2).JPG
Views:	207
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	73662  

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
In another thread I mentioned my 2006 that I sold this summer when I ordered the 2013. A couple of people asked about it:

So yes, I drove it year round in SE Michigan, bought it new in April 2006 (hadn't planned to buy it, I went in looking for a new car for my wife and ended up buying the Mustang for myself). Originally I didn't intend all the modifications, but things started building and it transformed somehow (trying to take it slower on the 2013 and not do things that I have to undo later - starting this one with the end goal in mind).

I started taking it to the drag strip, and of course after awhile a CAI and tune wasn't enough. Added nitrous, 75 shot and ran that for two seasons. I got tired of the nitrous issues though - finding a place to fill the bottle, especially late or early in the season - remembering to turn the bottle on - having to fill the bottle each trip to the track ......

Got a great deal on an Xcharger so at 90,000 I pulled the nitrous kit off the car and installed the Xcharger, and upgraded to the Xcharger Xtreme. Added the Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft, HotPart LCA's and adjustable UCA, FRPP rear springs and shocks and struts, PMP Line Locks, GT front brakes, 8.8" rear end with 3.55 gears, and UMI relocation brackets. Had FRPP X pipe and dual GTA mufflers on it; the only reason I replaced the rear bumper with a GT bumper is because I was rear ended by a guy texting.

When I sold it I had finally completed the custom hood. I took the Foose hood and a CDC shaker unit. Fabricated a mount to attach the shaker directly to the underside of the hood. When driving the shaker is functional pulling cool air on top of the Xcharger. With the hood up the Xcharger is exposed.

The last trip to the track the car had 201,000 miles on it and was making 12.7 second passes. The new owner is looking for a set of drag radials now too.

Oh, and as you can see a custom 6 point roll bar. Once the car broke through the 13.49 second barrier I had to add that to stay legal at the track. Coupes don't need one until they hit 11.49
Wow. Nice ride. Clearly a drag strip kind of guy. Curious if this car saw any track action, you know... the kind with twisties?

Also, I am in love with your supercharger.
Mkolabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Jim I'm speechless that car is goregus!!
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Never had it on a road course. Automatics don't do as well on road courses - with the 2013 and the select shift button though I will probably go try it out once. The suspension wasn't really set up for a road course too; quite stiff and set up for the 1/4 mile.

Saw a lot of drag strip action with this one though.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Did you have to put the roll ball on it to track it?

You have inspired me to put some $$ into my vert!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Thanks - I miss it sometimes, but the new car is a new pallet to work on. The new one has the appearance mods done, now just need to get the performance mods. This one will get a turbo, at least that is the plan now.

I loved my Xcharger and the scream from the blower. But it doesn't look like a positive displacement blower will fit the 3.7.

The roll bar was required as soon as the car was quicker than 13.49. There aren't any kits so I had one custom made. The guy who did it now will make them up for other convertible owners - if you want his information let me know and I will put you in contact with him.

We are going to modify the bar in the new car. With the CDC conversion (I won it from them and in addition to all the RTR appearance stuff they added the hood stripe, dead pedal, light bar, and custom lighted door sills) I want to keep the light bar so we have to make some changes to my roll bar before it can go in the new car. Luckily it isn't quick enough yet to result in getting pulled from the track for no roll bar.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC

That looks good!!
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
How'd you paint your supercharger? That's pretty awesome
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

When I had it apart for the Xtreme upgrade I used high temp engine paint. Getting the stripe lined up was difficult because of the ribs. Sprayed the white first then waited for it dry. Taped off where I wanted white to show and sprayed the black.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
That's pretty damn cool, I'm gonna have to remember that for when I get my xcharger haha
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
When I had it apart for the Xtreme upgrade I used high temp engine paint. Getting the stripe lined up was difficult because of the ribs. Sprayed the white first then waited for it dry. Taped off where I wanted white to show and sprayed the black.
Dang I can't wait to see what your going to do with the 2013
Old 11-23-2012, 11:05 PM   #12
Sad Panda
Staff

Was this all done on the original engine and transmission ?
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

That was on the 'as delivered' engine and transmission, just as Ford built it. Didn't do any work to it at all. That's why I disagree with those who keep saying you have to forge the engine and do a lot of work in order to boost it. Well over 100,000 miles boosted and the car is still running strong according to the new owner.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #14
Sad Panda
Staff

Said it once, and ill say it again. Simply amazing
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I had 453,xxx on my 88 F150 351 until a semi pulled out in front if me when doing 60mph.
All I changed was a solenoid. Thermostat and shocks. And got it at 108,000
I miss that truck lol
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #16
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350
I had 453,xxx on my 88 F150 351 until a semi pulled out in front if me when doing 60mph.
All I changed was a solenoid. Thermostat and shocks. And got it at 108,000
I miss that truck lol
Wow! That's a good truck! My brother said to me I don't understand why F-150 owners are so loyal to Ford. I said, its because you've never owned a Ford, and second you've never had an F-150.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Wow! That's a good truck! My brother said to me I don't understand why F-150 owners are so loyal to Ford. I said, its because you've never owned a Ford, and second you've never had an F-150.
Haha that's a good one. Oh and that motor was pulled and it's in a bronco in Florida now. That accident was in 2001. And motor is still running strong. My buddy always rubs it in too. He tried buying the truck from me. But I wouldn't sell it. Then he bought it from the insurance co for $200. I was a lil p o'd lol
Old 11-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #18
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350

Haha that's a good one. Oh and that motor was pulled and it's in a bronco in Florida now. That accident was in 2001. And motor is still running strong. My buddy always rubs it in too. He tried buying the truck from me. But I wouldn't sell it. Then he bought it from the insurance co for $200. I was a lil p o'd lol
Dang kinda like taking your ex GF haha
Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Dang kinda like taking your ex GF haha
Lol hell I would rather him take her. At least the motor 'works'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos