Painted Rear Gas Cap - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
layton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF

Body shops can do some pretty amazing work can't they?
Not the ones around here
__________________
borla atak axle-back exhaust, 19in rtr wheels wrapped in 255/40r19 goodyear fl supercar tires, airaid cai, tinted windows 10%, grabber blue custom stripes. and last a bad a** driver
layton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaddyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 85
Anyway....back to the gas cap

M_Tyler.....thats a very nice cap.
I have a 66 GT coup and just looked at my gas cap. I too like to do things "coustom" the way I want things done. I dont plan to paint till next winter. Have to save some cash. Invested a lot already. So what do you think? I guess the FORD was blue, the MUSTANG was red, and the GT was black. It's an original cap so its a bit weathered. After seeing yours, I think I need to liven mine up before new paint. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	66 GT gas cap.GIF
Views:	94
Size:	798.6 KB
ID:	74435  
DaddyO is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
layton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

They will only change colors, interiors, but nothing that is MASS produced. Did u buy the car brand spankin new? Was that car special ordered? Yes ford makes great quality cars for a good price but I seriously don't think u can order one without the emblem. And yea I can see that it's smooth, anyone can make it smooth, that's the point of body shops, to make holes, bumps, and scratches, smooth! Ill just ask a friend that works at my local dealership, ill ask if I can order a stang with no emblem at all.
Well make sure to tell me what he says Because I'm a billion percent sure my car came like this from the dealer
__________________
borla atak axle-back exhaust, 19in rtr wheels wrapped in 255/40r19 goodyear fl supercar tires, airaid cai, tinted windows 10%, grabber blue custom stripes. and last a bad a** driver
layton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by layton

Well make sure to tell me what he says Because I'm a billion percent sure my car came like this from the dealer
A billion percent? Did you buy it brand new first driver, a couple of miles from the dealership, or not?
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
layton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
A billion percent? Did you buy it brand new first driver, a couple of miles from the dealership, or not?
yes i bought my car new like this. i figured mybe someone ordered it without the emblem ike this and just didnt buy it or the dealer did but im the only owner.
__________________
borla atak axle-back exhaust, 19in rtr wheels wrapped in 255/40r19 goodyear fl supercar tires, airaid cai, tinted windows 10%, grabber blue custom stripes. and last a bad a** driver
layton is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by layton View Post
yes i bought my car new like this. i figured mybe someone ordered it without the emblem ike this and just didnt buy it or the dealer did but im the only owner.
I have never seen anything like this, and I have no idea how it could be done by Ford, since they would have to shave the metal off and make it flat. I mean, I heard Maserati made a Quattroporte wagon for a very special customer of Ferrari/Maserati who loves wagons. But they also charged him some 437k for it, so I heard.

I am not saying this is untrue, or you are lieing, or anything of the sort. All I am saying, is that I have never seen it before, nor could I find any other info on the internet about it. I could totally see it being done, but it seems like a custom job. I saw my faux gas cap get popped off, and what it looks like underneath is not pretty.

On the Ford website one does not have an option for no rear cap. It was unclear before if you were the first time owner, but very interesting. I would be interested in learning more, if you or anyone else has any further info.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #42
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Love the back!
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #43
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

I have never seen anything like this, and I have no idea how it could be done by Ford, since they would have to shave the metal off and make it flat. I mean, I heard Maserati made a Quattroporte wagon for a very special customer of Ferrari/Maserati who loves wagons. But they also charged him some 437k for it, so I heard.

I am not saying this is untrue, or you are lieing, or anything of the sort. All I am saying, is that I have never seen it before, nor could I find any other info on the internet about it. I could totally see it being done, but it seems like a custom job. I saw my faux gas cap get popped off, and what it looks like underneath is not pretty.

On the Ford website one does not have an option for no rear cap. It was unclear before if you were the first time owner, but very interesting. I would be interested in learning more, if you or anyone else has any further info.
That is interesting. Could be a factory defect but I have never seen one come from the factory like that

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

That is interesting. Could be a factory defect but I have never seen one come from the factory like that
Stranger things do happen haha I suppose.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyO
M_Tyler.....thats a very nice cap.
I have a 66 GT coup and just looked at my gas cap. I too like to do things "coustom" the way I want things done. I dont plan to paint till next winter. Have to save some cash. Invested a lot already. So what do you think? I guess the FORD was blue, the MUSTANG was red, and the GT was black. It's an original cap so its a bit weathered. After seeing yours, I think I need to liven mine up before new paint. Thanks
thanks! and yes I think it would bring that gas cap back to life if you had it painted like you explained. I just love anything but chrome. I think your idea would really be unique and stand out. good luck with it!

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford
Love the back!
thank you!
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 01:54 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by layton

Well make sure to tell me what he says Because I'm a billion percent sure my car came like this from the dealer
My friend said technically you could order it but u would have to call ford, dealers don't offer it because it would take the creation time another 1-2 months. That it was most likely a defect due to the fact dealers won't even offer or let you order one. So you prolly have a defect bro not one that was actually ordered that way. But I personally think it looks weird without some kind of faux cap. It looks like one of those knock off phones that look and act like the real thing, minus the company logo. I would order one lol
Charlie_santos is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
layton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

My friend said technically you could order it but u would have to call ford, dealers don't offer it because it would take the creation time another 1-2 months. That it was most likely a defect due to the fact dealers won't even offer or let you order one. So you prolly have a defect bro not one that was actually ordered that way. But I personally think it looks weird without some kind of faux cap. It looks like one of those knock off phones that look and act like the real thing, minus the company logo. I would order one lol
Your the only person that thinks that. Everyone I see wants there's like that and like I said it was ordered like this not a defect. I wish you lived around here because I would run circles around in a race
__________________
borla atak axle-back exhaust, 19in rtr wheels wrapped in 255/40r19 goodyear fl supercar tires, airaid cai, tinted windows 10%, grabber blue custom stripes. and last a bad a** driver
layton is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by layton

Your the only person that thinks that. Everyone I see wants there's like that and like I said it was ordered like this not a defect. I wish you lived around here because I would run circles around in a race
Sooo wait you would run in circles while he goes in a straight line? That's a weird race. If it was ordered like that wouldn't it be on the window sticker?
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
layton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 106
I don't have the window sticker and if it was a defect it would have never left the factory they inspect each one. Kind of hard to miss a emblem missing if it was suppose to be there and Meant run circles around him because he would be so damn slow
__________________
borla atak axle-back exhaust, 19in rtr wheels wrapped in 255/40r19 goodyear fl supercar tires, airaid cai, tinted windows 10%, grabber blue custom stripes. and last a bad a** driver
layton is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by layton
I don't have the window sticker and if it was a defect it would have never left the factory they inspect each one. Kind of hard to miss a emblem missing if it was suppose to be there and Meant run circles around him because he would be so damn slow
Wait so you know everything that's done to his car? How do you know it came from the factory that way? You can say what you want but it's kinda hard to prove it without some sort of documentation
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #50
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r
Got my rear gas cap and front emblem painted black and white. love it so far, how does it look to other stang owners?
That's sick
Supersnake04 is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF

Wait so you know everything that's done to his car? How do you know it came from the factory that way? You can say what you want but it's kinda hard to prove it without some sort of documentation
Apparently he knows every mod I got in my car hahaha
Charlie_santos is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
m_tyler_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arlington
Region: Texas
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersnake04

That's sick
thank you!
__________________
Betty White

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
layton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
Wait so you know everything that's done to his car? How do you know it came from the factory that way? You can say what you want but it's kinda hard to prove it without some sort of documentation
dude i still get the car serviced at the ford dealer it came from. you idiot. what more do i need??. idc what you two idiots think but i already told you idiots that it came like this. i was there yesterday gettting my oil changed. i cant help your cars are just like everyone else's because you buy just a plain jane piece of crap. see how my stripes are different also? i dont like my stuff looking like anyone elses like a moron
__________________
borla atak axle-back exhaust, 19in rtr wheels wrapped in 255/40r19 goodyear fl supercar tires, airaid cai, tinted windows 10%, grabber blue custom stripes. and last a bad a** driver
layton is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by layton

dude i still get the car serviced at the ford dealer it came from. you idiot. what more do i need??. idc what you two idiots think but i already told you idiots that it came like this. i was there yesterday gettting my oil changed. i cant help your cars are just like everyone else's because you buy just a plain jane piece of crap. see how my stripes are different also? i dont like my stuff looking like anyone elses like a moron
Umm paperwork proving it. Getting a car serviced at a dealership doesn't really mean much. But whatever floats your boat dude. Believe what you will but I wont until I get some proof. Getting all riled up like this is really just a waste of your time.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by layton

dude i still get the car serviced at the ford dealer it came from. you idiot. what more do i need??. idc what you two idiots think but i already told you idiots that it came like this. i was there yesterday gettting my oil changed. i cant help your cars are just like everyone else's because you buy just a plain jane piece of crap. see how my stripes are different also? i dont like my stuff looking like anyone elses like a moron
Haha and I get my car serviced at ford too wow such amazing lol. So ur saying every single owner of every normal mustang are idiots for buying normal mustangs with faux caps hahaha okay bro. And wow u got stripes I'm so amazed how ur the only one here with stripes -__- bro chill the **** out! We just think unless u simply go to ur ford dealer or even call them, give them ur vin, and simply ask if it was special ordered and have them email u a copy where it says it was ordered the way u say then we think it's a defect. I love how easily u get all pissy when we think it's a defect. Dude **** happens, ford ****s up even on inspected cars, my friend that works at ford has seen with his own two eyes a brand new 2012 that had the radio unplugged completely. No wires were connected at all. He's seen a f150 with the back ford emblem just fall off right after it was delivered. Ford just like many companies **** up. It happens to everyone. You sir are a prick that needs to chill out n stop calling ppl idiots while u brag about doing circles around us when u have no idea what we have under the hood. I personally own my V6 as a daily driver and a new 5.0 for my track car. So while ur still at the line you will see me in my blacked out 5.0 down the track. My V6 does low 14's and my 5.0 does mid 12's so how about u do ur research before you brag like most idiots like you. Have a great day.
Charlie_santos is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:23 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.