Painted Rear Gas Cap - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:49 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Painted Rear Gas Cap

Got my rear gas cap and front emblem painted black and white. love it so far, how does it look to other stang owners?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1613978608.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	448.2 KB
ID:	73700  

2012 V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 03:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Looks nice! Whoever did it did a super nice job
Old 10-27-2012, 03:56 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Looks nice! Whoever did it did a super nice job
thanks! a guy did it in Grand Prairie

2012 V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 04:01 AM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Classic. Total classic.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Classic. Total classic.
took me a while to think of a way to do it, without overdoing it

2012 V6
Old 10-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Wow, that looks awesome! I may have to something similar on mine as I think the stock fake chrome looks real cheesy.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
looks great man, just might have to steal that idea from you hahaha
Old 10-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Whoa! Looks great. First time I've seen that!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

That looks really great.

Anything looks a lot better then that stupid looking oversize Chrome pie-plate that Ford decided to put on the rear of all it's Mustangs. That was the only thing I did not like on my car.
Stupid looking fake gas cap

I decided to get rid of it this way.

I did not think about getting it painted like you did. Your's looks really good and I'm sure you will now be setting a trend for others to do the same.

A big giant

Ronnie
Old 10-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshLSTV
Wow, that looks awesome! I may have to something similar on mine as I think the stock fake chrome looks real cheesy.
yeah I hated the "chrome" look that it had

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx
looks great man, just might have to steal that idea from you hahaha
go ahead! haha as long as it's going towards making a stang look good I'm all for if +1

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
Whoa! Looks great. First time I've seen that!
thank you!

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
Anything looks a lot better then that stupid looking oversize Chrome pie-plate that Ford decided to put on the rear of all it's Mustangs. That was the only thing I did not like on my car.
Stupid looking fake gas cap

I decided to get rid of it this way.

I did not think about getting it painted like you did. Your's looks really good and I'm sure you will now be setting a trend for others to do the same.

A big giant

Ronnie
thanks man! and yes I agree, what you've done looks 10 times better than the stock piece. I've never understood why they keep doing the ugly piece every year

2012 V6
Old 10-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Supposed to be a tradition

The 64 years era mustang's had a real gas cap on the back. It was much smaller and did look OK with the shape of those years mustangs. At least it was a real gas cap.

The later model Mustangs really do not need that but I guess some idiot at Ford that hates Mustangs decided to make a nice extremely large ugly Chrome one and stick it on the back. They even decided to have a nice protrusion with holes in it in back of the pie plate so it would be very difficult and expensive just to remove it and paint that part of the deck lid if needed.

If I can ever hit the Lotto the first thing I'm gonna do is go to the body shop and get the protrusion cut off and filled in and painted nice and smooth.
I guess I just got to stick with what I have for now.

Yours looks good though. It more matches your car.

Ronnie
Old 10-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
The 64 years era mustang's had a real gas cap on the back. It was much smaller and did look OK with the shape of those years mustangs. At least it was a real gas cap.

The later model Mustangs really do not need that but I guess some idiot at Ford that hates Mustangs decided to make a nice extremely large ugly Chrome one and stick it on the back. They even decided to have a nice protrusion with holes in it in back of the pie plate so it would be very difficult and expensive just to remove it and paint that part of the deck lid if needed.

If I can ever hit the Lotto the first thing I'm gonna do is go to the body shop and get the protrusion cut off and filled in and painted nice and smooth.
I guess I just got to stick with what I have for now.

Yours looks good though. It more matches your car.

Ronnie
yeah I love the old mustangs, there's actually a use for the gas cap. I think here in the 2014 or 2015 model they will change it, and not make it SO noticeable but I guess we will have to wait and see

2012 V6
Old 10-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I like the faux gas cap, personally. If we did not have it, we would have branding like camaros with CAMARO written all over.

I would bot argue it is awesome, but we have very plain/classy/discrete badgng with just that, discrete is more my style.

But OP, I have to say, that looks AMAZING. Anyone can buy something, have it installed, get it from a company, whatever, but that is so simple, looks like it is price efficient, and looks darn good. I am a huge fan if cheap mods, and when they look that good, it is even better. Nice work.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 10-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc
I like the faux gas cap, personally. If we did not have it, we would have branding like camaros with CAMARO written all over.

I would bot argue it is awesome, but we have very plain/classy/discrete badgng with just that, discrete is more my style.

But OP, I have to say, that looks AMAZING. Anyone can buy something, have it installed, get it from a company, whatever, but that is so simple, looks like it is price efficient, and looks darn good. I am a huge fan if cheap mods, and when they look that good, it is even better. Nice work.
+1000
Old 10-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Wow... I'm speechless an jealous at the same time lol.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

yes! this is exactly what wanted to hear from people. lol. I like being custom and know that when other people see it, they know it's not all stock

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMan1017
Wow... I'm speechless an jealous at the same time lol.
thanks! haha

2012 V6
Old 10-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r
Got my rear gas cap and front emblem painted black and white. love it so far, how does it look to other stang owners?
That looks badass man. I think you've started a new trend.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2013

That looks badass man. I think you've started a new trend.
thanks! that would be awesome if it starts a new trend. I wouldn't even mind people using it

2012 V6
Old 11-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #19

That is so clean! Did you take it to a paint and body shop or did you do it yourself? Either way I like that!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjust4boyz
That is so clean! Did you take it to a paint and body shop or did you do it yourself? Either way I like that!
I took it to a body shop in Grand Prairie called USave. they did a great job

2012 V6
Old 11-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
My car doesn't even have the back emblem and I guess someone ordered it without one
Old 11-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by layton
My car doesn't even have the back emblem and I guess someone ordered it without one
Wtf? Pics???
Old 11-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
woah that's sweet. PICS!

2012 V6
Old 11-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Wtf? Pics???
its in the garage so not the best pic but you can see i dont have a hole or anything just no emblem lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0999.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	955.9 KB
ID:	74387  
Old 11-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:

its in the garage so not the best pic but you can see i dont have a hole or anything just no emblem lol
That's interesting......
Old 11-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It looks funny bro lol I've never ever ever! Seen one without it! Haha
Old 11-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It looks funny bro lol I've never ever ever! Seen one without it! Haha
i like it different than most. from the side it looks better not anything poking out the v6 emblems are big. the new 2013 gt embelms look cool though real glossy black
Old 11-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

i like it different than most. from the side it looks better not anything poking out the v6 emblems are big. the new 2013 gt embelms look cool though real glossy black
U can't order one without it so I'm thinking the previous owner removed it and covered the holes up and painted over it
Old 11-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

U can't order one without it so I'm thinking the previous owner removed it and covered the holes up and painted over it
Na it's completely flat and nothing in the trunk either. The ford dealership said you can order them without but you don't see many because its hard to find the ones that are made without emblems
Old 11-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Na it's completely flat and nothing in the trunk either. The ford dealership said you can order them without but you don't see many because its hard to find the ones that are made without emblems
From what I understand, ford won't make you ONE car without the emblem because they make the shells in MASS production and it would take longer to program the machines to not make the holes then to just say sorry u get it the way we make it! Lol ford is in it for profit. If they stopped to make one custom stang like that then they would waste time/money on it. I'm guessing the previous owner simply removed the emblem, covered the holes and painted the trunk lid again
Old 11-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
From what I understand, ford won't make you ONE car without the emblem because they make the shells in MASS production and it would take longer to program the machines to not make the holes then to just say sorry u get it the way we make it! Lol ford is in it for profit. If they stopped to make one custom stang like that then they would waste time/money on it. I'm guessing the previous owner simply removed the emblem, covered the holes and painted the trunk lid again
dude my car came like this from the factory. and you can get a mustang made however you want if they cants find it. it can be special ordered it takes 2-3 monthes to get it but you can get a mustang exaclty how you want it. as you can see in the other guys picture there is a giant bump and hole where the emblem goes my is smooth and made from the FACTORY STOCK like THIS. here is another picture up close look CLOSE and compare to the other car in this thread without and emblem or take yours off and you will see. and no ford is not in it for the money why do you think they make the very best for great price. compare mustang to the over weight over priced camaro.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1004.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	74406  
Old 11-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

dude my car came like this from the factory. and you can get a mustang made however you want if they cants find it. it can be special ordered it takes 2-3 monthes to get it but you can get a mustang exaclty how you want it. as you can see in the other guys picture there is a giant bump and hole where the emblem goes my is smooth and made from the FACTORY STOCK like THIS. here is another picture up close look CLOSE and compare to the other car in this thread without and emblem or take yours off and you will see. and no ford is not in it for the money why do you think they make the very best for great price. compare mustang to the over weight over priced camaro.
They will only change colors, interiors, but nothing that is MASS produced. Did u buy the car brand spankin new? Was that car special ordered? Yes ford makes great quality cars for a good price but I seriously don't think u can order one without the emblem. And yea I can see that it's smooth, anyone can make it smooth, that's the point of body shops, to make holes, bumps, and scratches, smooth! Ill just ask a friend that works at my local dealership, ill ask if I can order a stang with no emblem at all.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:

Body shops can do some pretty amazing work can't they?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Sweet
Old 11-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmitty24
Sweet