Mustangs and Police - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
I live in a small town and close community and the buddy system and under the table system are still very much alive and well with city cops. Only time I expect a fair shake in either direction is with highway patrol.
Agree 100% I've never been disrespected by a state trooper. The locals are getting better tho.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 05:31 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
The local cops in The small town I live in seems like its kinda of a training ground for rookie cops before they go to a bigger city. Most of them are pretty cool, but theres a couple that are on total power trips. For instance when I was in high school everytime I got pulled over I smelled like weed even though I never smoked weed in my life.I guess I just have a natural marijuana odor about me, Just an excuse to search my truck. And once I had a tiny pink water gun that looked like some kind of laser blaster from a 1950s sci-fi flick. He seen it under my seat and yelled GUN! and grabbed his gun and told me he could have shot me for that lol... sorry for the long rant I love sharing that story
bradtaylornator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
This isn't a story that has anything to do with a car, but it does have to do with cops. One day last year I had my mom pick me in early from school as I wasn't feeling to good. Anyways, the phone rang and I answered it and a voice said "is mrs. Mom there?" I politely said yes and asked who was calling, they responded with "is mom there!?!" I replied sternly with yes, who's this? Then she said "put mrs. Mom on the phone!" So I did, but said on the line too see who it was. Well she said to my mother "mrs.mom, could you ask your son if he still has the iPod he stole from a girl today?" We'll my mother, knowing that I would never steal anything asked me and I responded with no so my mother said no to the woman. The cop responded with "well we have your son on video stealing an iPod, we also have witnesses saying that they saw him steal it!" My mom responded with "well you're going to have to talk to him and show him that video!" So, fast forward to the next day at school. I go up to this cop lady and say "I'm the kid that you're falsely accusing of stealing an iPod" she smirked and said "so do you have it" I responded with "no I didn't steal anything" she was being completely rude and remarked "sure you didn't." I let that go and simply said "let go work this out."

We went into the police office and while the other officer (who was nice) was bringing up the video, this b*tch was explaining what would happen. "You are going to go to jail for ever, bla bla bla." So as she was ranting about how I was going to be in jail forever, I was being a total douch and responded at the end with "okay sounds good that's fair."

Before we go any farther I need to explain something. I am 6'3" 280lbs with red straight hair, I'm not fat, just big.

The guy found the video and said "here's the video." As soon as I looked I started laughing! The cop yelled "WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?!?!" I said "that guys wearing an orange shirt! I can't wear orange because of my hair colour!" "It looks like my head is on fire!"

Right at that moment you could see her face go from "we got you! You're going to prison you little sh*t" to "oh crap we messed up."

Anyways, they had me look at it to see if I know who it was and the guy had brown curly hair and a face that looks nothing like mine. I said "did you even look at this? I don't know who it is!"

Moving on, after all that, as I was walking out the door I said "hey could you call my mom and explain this too her? She is really upset." "Oh yeah! No problem!" Said the cop.

It has been over a year, no phone call, nothing. The biggest problem I have with this is that they didn't come to me first. I live in the south, where child abuse or "beatings" are far too common. Now what if my parents where abusive? They called home telling my mother that I did steal an iPod, what do you think would have happened if my parents where abusive? It would not be good.

Now my parents are not abusive at all. They thought it was ridiculous from the beginning, and the only reason I asked her to apologize is because I knew she wouldn't apologize to me, but I thought she might to my mother, but know she was too good for that.

Things like this is why people hate all cops, I know it put a bitter taste in my mouth.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post
This isn't a story that has anything to do with a car, but it does have to do with cops. One day last year I had my mom pick me in early from school as I wasn't feeling to good. Anyways, the phone rang and I answered it and a voice said "is mrs. Mom there?" I politely said yes and asked who was calling, they responded with "is mom there!?!" I replied sternly with yes, who's this? Then she said "put mrs. Mom on the phone!" So I did, but said on the line too see who it was. Well she said to my mother "mrs.mom, could you ask your son if he still has the iPod he stole from a girl today?" We'll my mother, knowing that I would never steal anything asked me and I responded with no so my mother said no to the woman. The cop responded with "well we have your son on video stealing an iPod, we also have witnesses saying that they saw him steal it!" My mom responded with "well you're going to have to talk to him and
And what? You can't do that that's not right lol
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Lol i know right!
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
This isn't a story that has anything to do with a car, but it does have to do with cops. One day last year I had my mom pick me in early from school as I wasn't feeling to good. Anyways, the phone rang and I answered it and a voice said "is mrs. Mom there?" I politely said yes and asked who was calling, they responded with "is mom there!?!" I replied sternly with yes, who's this? Then she said "put mrs. Mom on the phone!" So I did, but said on the line too see who it was. Well she said to my mother "mrs.mom, could you ask your son if he still has the iPod he stole from a girl today?" We'll my mother, knowing that I would never steal anything asked me and I responded with no so my mother said no to the woman. The cop responded with "well we have your son on video stealing an iPod, we also have witnesses saying that they saw him steal it!" My mom responded with "well you're going to have to talk to him and
That's not funny
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:02 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Got an unsafe speed ticket today when my drivers side rear caliper broke off causing me to spin off the side of the road.
TM2189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicDave View Post

And what? You can't do that that's not right lol
I finished it! Sorry!

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiemustang96 View Post
Lol i know right!
I fixed it!

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 View Post

That's not funny
I'm sorry!

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

This isn't a story that has anything to do with a car, but it does have to do with cops. One day last year I had my mom pick me in early from school as I wasn't feeling to good. Anyways, the phone rang and I answered it and a voice said "is mrs. Mom there?" I politely said yes and asked who was calling, they responded with "is mom there!?!" I replied sternly with yes, who's this? Then she said "put mrs. Mom on the phone!" So I did, but said on the line too see who it was. Well she said to my mother "mrs.mom, could you ask your son if he still has the iPod he stole from a girl today?" We'll my mother, knowing that I would never steal anything asked me and I responded with no so my mother said no to the woman. The cop responded with "well we have your son on video stealing an iPod, we also have witnesses saying that they saw him steal it!" My mom responded with "well you're going to have to talk to him and show him that video!" So, fast forward to the next day at school. I go up to this cop lady and say "I'm the kid that you're falsely accusing of stealing an iPod" she smirked and said "so do you have it" I responded with "no I didn't steal anything" she was being completely rude and remarked "sure you didn't." I let that go and simply said "let go work this out." We went into the police office and while the other officer (who was nice) was bringing up the video, this b*tch was explaining what would happen. "You are going to go to jail for ever, bla bla bla." So as she was ranting about how I was going to be in jail forever, I was being a total douch and responded at the end with "okay sounds good that's fair." Before we go any farther I need to explain something. I am 6'3" 280lbs with red straight hair, I'm not fat, just big. The guy found the video and said "here's the video." As soon as I looked I started laughing! The cop yelled "WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?!?!" I said "that guys wearing an orange shirt! I can't wear orange because of my hair colour!" "It looks like my head is on fire!" Right at that moment you could see her face go from "we got you! You're going to prison you little sh*t" to "oh crap we messed up." Anyways, they had me look at it to see if I know who it was and the guy had brown curly hair and a face that looks nothing like mine. I said "did you even look at this? I don't know who it is!" Moving on, after all that, as I was walking out the door I said "hey could you call my mom and explain this too her? She is really upset." "Oh yeah! No problem!" Said the cop. It has been over a year, no phone call, nothing. The biggest problem I have with this is that they didn't come to me first. I live in the south, where child abuse or "beatings" are far too common. Now what if my parents where abusive? They called home telling my mother that I did steal an iPod, what do you think would have happened if my parents where abusive? It would not be good. Now my parents are not abusive at all. They thought it was ridiculous from the beginning, and the only reason I asked her to apologize is because I knew she wouldn't apologize to me, but I thought she might to my mother, but know she was too good for that.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:09 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I finished it! Sorry!

I fixed it!

I'm sorry!

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

This isn't a story that has anything to do with a car, but it does have to do with cops. One day last year I had my mom pick me in early from school as I wasn't feeling to good. Anyways, the phone rang and I answered it and a voice said "is mrs. Mom there?" I politely said yes and asked who was calling, they responded with "is mom there!?!" I replied sternly with yes, who's this? Then she said "put mrs. Mom on the phone!" So I did, but said on the line too see who it was. Well she said to my mother "mrs.mom, could you ask your son if he still has the iPod he stole from a girl today?" We'll my mother, knowing that I would never steal anything asked me and I responded with no so my mother said no to the woman. The cop responded with "well we have your son on video stealing an iPod, we also have witnesses saying that they saw him steal it!" My mom responded with "well you're going to have to talk to him and show him that video!" So, fast forward to the next day at school. I go up to this cop lady and say "I'm the kid that you're falsely accusing of stealing an iPod" she smirked and said "so do you have it" I responded with "no I didn't steal anything" she was being completely rude and remarked "sure you didn't." I let that go and simply said "let go work this out." We went into the police office and while the other officer (who was nice) was bringing up the video, this b*tch was explaining what would happen. "You are going to go to jail for ever, bla bla bla." So as she was ranting about how I was going to be in jail forever, I was being a total douch and responded at the end with "okay sounds good that's fair." Before we go any farther I need to explain something. I am 6'3" 280lbs with red straight hair, I'm not fat, just big. The guy found the video and said "here's the video." As soon as I looked I started laughing! The cop yelled "WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?!?!" I said "that guys wearing an orange shirt! I can't wear orange because of my hair colour!" "It looks like my head is on fire!" Right at that moment you could see her face go from "we got you! You're going to prison you little sh*t" to "oh crap we messed up." Anyways, they had me look at it to see if I know who it was and the guy had brown curly hair and a face that looks nothing like mine. I said "did you even look at this? I don't know who it is!" Moving on, after all that, as I was walking out the door I said "hey could you call my mom and explain this too her? She is really upset." "Oh yeah! No problem!" Said the cop. It has been over a year, no phone call, nothing. The biggest problem I have with this is that they didn't come to me first. I live in the south, where child abuse or "beatings" are far too common. Now what if my parents where abusive? They called home telling my mother that I did steal an iPod, what do you think would have happened if my parents where abusive? It would not be good. Now my parents are not abusive at all. They thought it was ridiculous from the beginning, and the only reason I asked her to apologize is because I knew she wouldn't apologize to me, but I thought she might to my mother, but know she was too good for that.
All good
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:33 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:

I finished it! Sorry!

I fixed it!

I'm sorry!

Dude i work in loss prevention and if i ever stopped some one for shoplifting and they didnt steal i would be straight fired and I'd be taken to court. It's a major deal when you get accused and you didn't do anything. It embarrassing!
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:00 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post

Dude i work in loss prevention and if i ever stopped some one for shoplifting and they didnt steal i would be straight fired and I'd be taken to court. It's a major deal when you get accused and you didn't do anything. It embarrassing!
Yeah I know, I would do do something now, but I was young and didn't know what actions to take.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:

Yeah I know, I would do do something now, but I was young and didn't know what actions to take.
I understand that
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I finished it! Sorry!

I fixed it!

I'm sorry!

That's a bunch of crap, she was in the wrong 100% and should of apologized, she felt stupid I'm sure.
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I would have filed a complaint. Often high schoolers are disrespectful and a little dumb towards law enforcement, not all, but often, so her arrogance was probably more of a defense mechanism in case you were like others. I am not justifying it, and I feel it is wrong, but I can understand where she is coming from.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I would have filed a complaint. Often high schoolers are disrespectful and a little dumb towards law enforcement, not all, but often, so her arrogance was probably more of a defense mechanism in case you were like others. I am not justifying it, and I feel it is wrong, but I can understand where she is coming from.
I see where your coming from, but she is just a bad person. All the others are good, but she will go out of the way to get people in trouble.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #86
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I am glad that I have never had a run in with the police yet, almost 18 and going strong.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc
That's no excuse at all, law enforcement officers are supposed to be professionals.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #88
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

That's no excuse at all, law enforcement officers are supposed to be professionals.
Yea exactly, they are supposed to be professional law enforcers, not dick heads who think they are better than you because they have a badge.

HID end all thread
Old 01-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

Yea exactly, they are supposed to be professional law enforcers, not dick heads who think they are better than you because they have a badge.
Totally agree.
* Team Shelby * Mustang Club of America
* Rocket City Mustang Club * Limestone County Mustang Club
SoScary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Exactly.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

We should steer this thread back to story's about getting pulled over, and not just bashing cops. We don't want this closed.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would have filed a complaint. Often high schoolers are disrespectful and a little dumb towards law enforcement, not all, but often, so her arrogance was probably more of a defense mechanism in case you were like others. [B]I am not justifying it, and I feel it is wrong, but I can understand where she is coming from.
By this I meant that I am not saying it is okay, but that I understand the place she is coming from-what might ignite such behavior, as I said, I would file a complaint even now, and would expect a complaint if I behaved that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

True, but sometimes behavior similar to this is warranted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4

Not sure exactly how this came around, but she may just be an idiot. If she was dumb and just believed people without reviewing the evidence, or called the wrong person without checking, it seems dumb. But one needs to have a certain attitude when dealing with certain criminals. Without it, SOME people WILL try to walk all over police. Not all, and I would still go back and try to complain, but I am just expressing that. NOT defending her behavior here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott

Exactly.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

We should steer this thread back to story's about getting pulled over, and not just bashing cops. We don't want this closed.
Fair. I can justify her behavior up until the point of seeing you. When visual confirmation shows it was not you, she should have resumed courteous behavior.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 01-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #92
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
By this I meant that I am not saying it is okay, but that I understand the place she is coming from-what might ignite such behavior, as I said, I would file a complaint even now, and would expect a complaint if I behaved that way.

Not sure exactly how this came around, but she may just be an idiot. If she was dumb and just believed people without reviewing the evidence, or called the wrong person without checking, it seems dumb. But one needs to have a certain attitude when dealing with certain criminals. Without it, SOME people WILL try to walk all over police. Not all, and I would still go back and try to complain, but I am just expressing that. NOT defending her behavior here.

Fair. I can justify her behavior up until the point of seeing you. When visual confirmation shows it was not you, she should have resumed courteous behavior.
I never meant anything to disrespect police officers. I totally respect what they do and how dangerous their job can be. But we all do have to admit that some times a few do take it a little too far.

HID end all thread
Old 01-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtaylornator View Post
Got pulled over in my older cobra a couple years ago for revving up when I passed a couple super troopers sitting outside a daylight donuts. Ive been lucky in the new one. But I have a bad tendency to hang on to gears to long when im cruisin through town
You can get a ticket for revving -_-......
What has te world come to?!?!?
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Being a Dick is never warranted. When I was younger, I dealt with a lot of dicks and not a one of them was a state cop. If the state boys can show you the respect you deserve, they all can. If you disrespect a cop, expect to be treated appropriately.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
I never meant anything to disrespect police officers. I totally respect what they do and how dangerous their job can be. But we all do have to admit that some times a few do take it a little too far.
It happens often, I think they were WAY out of line. If that woman behaved that way to me or my family, I would call her chief and complain.

BUT, sometimes cockiness is needed. That is all I am saying. When this officer saw him for first time, cockiness should have ended and courtesy began. But, if she never reviewed the video, then she was all screwed up.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This is just me, but when cops start to be rude it's best to shut up and take what ever they give you to court. In my experience judges tend to be a lot more neutral and fair.
TM2189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

The only resemblance was our size. It has been about 7 months since it happened, I think it is too late to do anything, even if it isn't I haven't a clue where to begin. I would do something if I could, but I'm afraid that if I did I would just become a target for her.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

And another thing. I did not deserve tone treated the way she did. I fully understand what you're saying about teenaged being dicks and that they have to be tough, but I have never had any confrontation with anybody. I am well mannered and stick to myself and avoid conflict. This woman sees me every day, and had for almost 3 years at that point, and shes could ask anyone and they would vouch for me. It was unprofessional and rather pathetic of her, not only as a cop, but also as a human being.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:14 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And another thing. I did not deserve tone treated the way she did. I fully understand what you're saying about teenaged being dicks and that they have to be tough, but I have never had any confrontation with anybody. I am well mannered and stick to myself and avoid conflict. This woman sees me every day, and had for almost 3 years at that point, and shes could ask anyone and they would vouch for me. It was unprofessional and rather pathetic of her, not only as a cop, but also as a human being.
Well I am sorry that happened to you. I would still complain lol

Old 01-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well I am sorry that happened to you. I would still complain lol
Haha, I don't care about it. It just gets to me that people act like that because they have a badge.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:

Haha, I don't care about it. It just gets to me that people act like that because they have a badge.
Totally, man. Now can I have my iPod back? :jester:
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post

Totally, man. Now can I have my iPod back? :jester:
I don't think you're the little blond that I allegedly robbed. Haha
Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I haven't gotten pulled over..yet..but I've twice in the last month had a statey ride my *** on roads where the speed limit is 35 or 45. As soon as they get behind me I set the cruise control to the speed limit so they can't say I did a damn thing wrong, but they get so close to my bumper I can't see their headlights in the rear view mirror at times. I can't decide if they want me to go faster for the sake of them getting to where they want to go or if they want me to go faster so they can pull me over.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #104
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
I haven't gotten pulled over..yet..but I've twice in the last month had a statey ride my *** on roads where the speed limit is 35 or 45. As soon as they get behind me I set the cruise control to the speed limit so they can't say I did a damn thing wrong, but they get so close to my bumper I can't see their headlights in the rear view mirror at times. I can't decide if they want me to go faster for the sake of them getting to where they want to go or if they want me to go faster so they can pull me over.
Pull a citizens arrest for unsafe driving
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Your smart to just let it go, once they get it out for you, your screwed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos