lowered the car more and got it nice and clean - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: lowered the car more and got it nice and clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
when a BMW 3 series with minimal mods can slap around a 03-04 Cobra
2: It can?

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
2: It can?
Yes the inline 6 in that car can. Now I am not talking about a modded 03-04. I guess you dont remember the first shootout in a magazine involving a Last year Z-28 SS Camaro and a 03 Cobra. The editor brought his 3 series BMW and was right there in the pack. The inline six has an enormous crank and puts out some really hefty torque numbers. A V8 Crank is basically slightly longer than the 4 cylinders on one side of the engine being they are offset. A inline 6 crank is six cylinders long creating some enormous torque. Look at all the inline tractor and large truck engines. You dont see many diesels V engines they are inline.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

was the beemer stock?

the thing i hate most is people comparing apples to grapefruit with sugar on top and a little umbrella toothpick attached to it. Compare Stock to Stock or Mod to Mod.

So a modded beamer kept up with a stock 03? How much did the beamer cost plus mods to just keep up with a 03, and whats the cost of said 03? doesnt look too good now does it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
was the beemer stock?

the thing i hate most is people comparing apples to grapefruit with sugar on top and a little umbrella toothpick attached to it. Compare Stock to Stock or Mod to Mod.

So a modded beamer kept up with a stock 03? How much did the beamer cost plus mods to just keep up with a 03?
It was a stock Beamer one week off the showroom. The beamer was more expensive than the Cobra I dont remember exactly how much more. It has 4 doors and purrs like a kitten with interior rivaling most houses and no road noise nor do you feel little road bumps and it our corners everything but a ZO6 Corvette or a Viper

I agree apples to oranges as such with a V6 Mustang to a 03-04 Cobra. it is a $17,000 car verses a $30,000+ car. The amount spent to make the v6 fast and handle better is still much less than a Cobra both in terms of cost and insurance.

See I bring up something with a 6 cylinder that cost more and you seem to get defensive. Why?? Well it is the same for a V6 mustang owner, not even respected by other mustang owners. Sure you were just having fun with a friend but at the same time it is deep down the general perception of any v8 sports car owners that V6 models are a joke. Face the truth it slaps you in the face BY GOD!!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

dude you are old, your insurance premium for a cobra would likely be equal to the 6er (unless you have laibility only)

and that mindset is to a point. a cobra with a few boltons making ~500whp is going to be much more DD friendly than a built 6er running boost or whatnot making the same amount of power. All things being equal, the car closest to stock will always be more reliable and tame. Though it all depends on what your needs and goals are with the car. for me, i like having a car with ~450whp thats very dependable since its so close to stock. If i had to keep my GT i wouldn't trust it for a DD if it was making this much power. Just like with my GSX, the farther from stock it gets, the less i would depend on its reliability and driveability factor (hell, its pretty rough as it is, stiff *** suspension setup, full rollcage, no interior, etc).

hella off topic btw.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
dude you are old, your insurance premium for a cobra would likely be equal to the 6er (unless you have laibility only)

and that mindset is to a point. a cobra with a few boltons making ~500whp is going to be much more DD friendly than a built 6er running boost or whatnot making the same amount of power. All things being equal, the car closest to stock will always be more reliable and tame. Though it all depends on what your needs and goals are with the car. for me, i like having a car with ~450whp thats very dependable since its so close to stock. If i had to keep my GT i wouldn't trust it for a DD if it was making this much power. Just like with my GSX, the farther from stock it gets, the less i would depend on its reliability and driveability factor (hell, its pretty rough as it is, stiff *** suspension setup, full rollcage, no interior, etc).

hella off topic btw.
Actually you are talking about making 500HP but most people dont want to make 500HP. Less than 1/10 of 1 percent will ever take a mustang to a track. What we are talking about is a street car set up for saturday night Boulevard blasting and bragging rights. I have seen many cars in my time take much more powerful cars on the street. For most it is short distances and light quick cars do well stoplight to stoplight. For example there is a guy in Virginia name Zach who had a V6 stock motor with some intake work,100 shot of Nitrous, either 373 or 410 gears and a good tuned chip and he beat a 03 Cobra in the 1/4. there was even a video for a while on this site. Now was the Cobra driver a moron. Could be but when the name of the game is bragging rights. A win is a win. On the Streets excuses mean nothing. 200-300 RWHP in a V6 stang is great for boulevard blasting and can with the right driver and luck beat most cars in a light to light blast.

Fun is the name of the game. That goes for any type of car. I beat down on honda Civic 's because of the trolls driving them not the cars. I once wanted to make a nice street car out od a late 80's Civic SI but I got a bike instead
Old 07-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #42
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana

[QUOTE=Thomas91169;460790])
a cobra with a few boltons making ~500whp is going to be much more DD friendly than a built 6er running boost or whatnot making the same amount of power. QUOTE]

very true

Quote:
Actually you are talking about making 500HP but most people dont want to make 500HP. Less than 1/10 of 1 percent will ever take a mustang to a track.
2: we are from two different worlds then, in louisiana, its rare to find a mustang that doesent go to the track and 450-500hp is the norm, thats why i have to build 700+hp to be impressive(with full interior and ac.) also i know there are exceptions but ive never been beaten with my 01 cobra n=motor by a V6, and it has only had nitrous for a little while now.

as far as being ignorant, i work at a local performance shop and i pick on kyle about it but in reality i am going to be responsible for getting 500rwhp out of his car so he can run in the 10.50 index...i just mess with him because i can, and he doesent car..hell we just got done bsing at hooters.
im well aware of the capabilities of all mustang engines, ask anybody locally that has need tech advice, they will tell you that i can give instructions down to the size wrench you need and how many bolts over the phone.

point is a v8 responds to power better than the v6 and has greater potential in the longrun.i dont see many V6s around here making 800-1000 hp but there are a handful of turbo cobras making those numbers.but i do not look down on v6s,to me its about how far you go from the baseline..not how it compares to other cars. a friend of mine builds 7 sec big block street cars and street races with us...i dont try to beat him because its pointless and hes made of money.

i just mess with kyle because i have his plans on an estimate sitting in our office and im giving him incentive to do it.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:45 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

reading this thread has gotten very interesting...and kinda humorous...lol it's old vs new!! who will be the victor??! hahahaha
girlandherstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

im the victor......

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

yur not in this match! u gotta wait for the next one! lol
Old 07-01-2008, 11:00 PM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy

I have a coworker named Victor. Hes Russian. Try saying Victor without emphasizing the Tor. "VicTOOOOOOR!" if you dont, it just sounds ghey, like "Victer"

Old 07-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlandherstang View Post
yur not in this match! u gotta wait for the next one! lol
well that sucks...now i guess ill wander off..

meanie head.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
we are from two different worlds then, in louisiana, its rare to find a mustang that doesent go to the track and 450-500hp is the norm,
Actually we are in the same world The fact is whatever you see a stang at the track there are hundreds parked at houses that are daily drivers. Modded just stand out more. Now when you get to fox bodies they are modded a lot more. Cars under warranty don't get modded much at all. I once read an article where Ford said one in 1,000 mustangs have even a bolt-on . What you think is a lot is based on what you see not what you don't see. If you lived in a town of 500 you would know everyone but in Baton Rogue that is a city of a few hundred thousand. More mustangs there than you will ever see because most don't go to the track, most don't go to car shows because to most it is just a car and transportation. The whole after market is geared towards either hard core racers who are probably 1 in 7,500 and young guys who are 1 in 1,000. These figures are based on studies done by after market companies.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I am not a meanie head! I's nice I am...:yup:
Old 07-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The whole after market is geared towards either hard core racers who are probably 1 in 75,000 and young guys who are 1 in 10,000.
uhh girls are in to aftermarket too ya know. u didn't include that. and i think this has kinda gotten outa hand myself. but...that's just me...i'm just a girl that talks too much.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

i dunno man. i think that ratio has to be quite off. 1 in 10,000?

hell you could take the total production number of every mustang ever and devide by number of users on ME or hell, even larger stang sites (Stangnet, Corral, etc) and come up with a better ratio than that.

i dunno, other than secretaries in 6ers and rich ones that buy GT's, who buys a stang and doesnt mod it at all?

i would venture to say one in 20 v6ers gets mods, one in 3 GT's gets mods, every SVT, Saleen, Roush, GT500 will get modded in some way, shape or form (even if the owner denies it at time of sale). id even venture to say 1 in 2 03/04's will get boltons, 1 in 4 will raise boost, 1 in 10 will get a ported blower, 1 in every 2 who went ported will sell for a KB/Whipple, and 1 in 20 will go KB/Whipple from the get go. 1 in 100 will go Turbo, same applies for nitrous users. 1 in 500 will see a built or rebuilt motor. 1 in 1000 will become a dedicated track car (be it drag or turning).

Quote:
and i think this has kinda gotten outa hand myself. but...that's just me...i'm just a girl that talks too much.
dont worry, this is still quite civil.

You havent been around for the IRS vs Solid Rear debates. thems were good times.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I am not a meanie head! I's nice I am...:yup:

meanie head.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:43 PM   #53
Road Trip!

Quote:

hell you could take the total production number of every mustang ever and devide by number of users on ME or hell, even larger stang sites (Stangnet, Corral, etc) and come up with a better ratio than that.

i dunno, other than secretaries in 6ers and rich ones that buy GT's, who buys a stang and doesnt mod it at all?

i would venture to say one in 20 v6ers gets mods, one in 3 GT's gets mods, every SVT, Saleen, Roush, GT500 will get modded in some way, shape or form (even if the owner denies it at time of sale). id even venture to say 1 in 2 03/04's will get boltons, 1 in 4 will raise boost, 1 in 10 will get a ported blower, 1 in every 2 who went ported will sell for a KB/Whipple, and 1 in 20 will go KB/Whipple from the get go. 1 in 100 will go Turbo, same applies for nitrous users. 1 in 500 will see a built or rebuilt motor. 1 in 1000 will become a dedicated track car (be it drag or turning).

You havent been around for the IRS vs Solid Rear debates. thems were good times.
you're pretty accurate with all except the turbo cars, they are coming around quick..watch svt perf. everybody is selling for turbos.id say minimum of 5-7 out of a hundred now.but good numbers off the top of your head..seems you pay attention.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #54
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

^^^ No, he doesn't....trust me....He's Thomas.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:25 PM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
uhh girls are in to aftermarket too ya know. u didn't include that. and i think this has kinda gotten outa hand myself. but...that's just me...i'm just a girl that talks too much.
I dont mean to slam girls but the aftermarket companies see girls as barely a speck on the radar for performance mods with the exception of HELLO KITTY SEAT COVERS and PRETTY DANGLY THINGS TO HANG ON THE REAR VIEW. HAHAHA
Old 07-02-2008, 02:52 PM   #56
Road Trip!

Quote:
I dont mean to slam girls but the aftermarket companies see girls as barely a speck on the radar for performance mods with the exception of HELLO KITTY SEAT COVERS and PRETTY DANGLY THINGS TO HANG ON THE REAR VIEW. HAHAHA
:badidea crap... you just messed up,prepare yourself!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:09 PM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I am not scared to tell the truth. Look at the membership here and look how few girls are here and then look at how many do any real engine mods. The numbers are small. Look at how many girl race. seen any girls in NASCAR? NO See many in NHRA racing? A couple. See many indy/cart racers? One. Go to the local strip and you see a few. Car building is a mostly Male Testosterone driven hobby. Now there are a few girls in this hobby but it is usually do to there admiration of their fathers or older brothers modding of cars.

I got into building cars on my own because I have ADD. People with ADD are many times more likely to get a thrill of tearing something down and putting it back together. People with ADD dont like being bore, We like to see what makes stuff work and dont think anything is to magical to open up and work on it.

So to be scared of what girls might say abot what I said is insane. All they have to do is look at how few of them there are and the truth will set you free
Old 07-02-2008, 03:12 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

Currently for 2008 are going to eclipse 12,000,000 Mustangs built since 1664. So as I said before, the amount that actually get modded are very low. I go to car lots all the time and see very little modded mustangs. I am not talking about aluminum knobs or fuzzy dice. I am talking engine mods. People who mod cars are very few indeed. Kids mod while most adults dont unless they are are into cars. If like you said there were really large percentages of mustang owners doing engine mods, why are there so few mods for the V6 considering 60+% of all mustangs built are V6's. If there wasm a lot of modding there would be more people selling performance parts but again there are not that many performance parts store or places that install performance parts. Many big name auot repair shops will not install parts you bring and if you buy parts from them they have to order them. See the biggest problem with engine modding is most car owners are not about to go outside and tear their motor out of their car.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:16 PM   #59
Road Trip!

v6 doesent have a huge market because there isnt a huge market for v6, v8 has a rediculous market
Old 07-02-2008, 03:31 PM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
v6 doesent have a huge market because there isnt a huge market for v6, v8 has a rediculous market
Only in your mind. If there was a huge aftermarket for Mustang GT's why doesn't Auto Zone, Advance, Oriellys, Napa, All Pro autopart store stock 4.6 Mod Motor performance parts. Normally I see Chevy / Ford Carburator stuff. No you are only going by your local environment, the places you go and the people you know.Hell there are states with many times more people in it than where you live that dont allow you to do engine mods or are very restrictive. I was in a large mustang group here in Greenville called the Upstate Mustang Club. We held show and races. We advertised on the radio yet we never had more than 100 members. This is a moderate size city with a boat load of mustangs. I would go to malls and supermarkets and put fliers on Mustangs inviting them to come to meetings and events but most are not interested. It's the same everywhere, most mustang owners like their cars but most dont go beyond driving and washing their cars.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:27 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
uhhh yeah not all of us are idiot little girly girls that like hello kitty or hang all kinds of crap on their mirrors. if u look many guys hang just as much stuff on their mirrors as girls. that is a common and stupid misconception. the only thing girls hang on their mirrors are the flowers, that's it, unless it's an air freshener, in which case many get those that go on your vents so they don't have to hang on the mirror. i think u underestimate the females of the world when it comes to cars...and don't say u don't since that last sentence u made kinda proved it.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:29 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah he messed up. that was a very offensive comment and sounded more like a sexist comment than anything.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Only in your mind. If there was a huge aftermarket for Mustang GT's why doesn't Auto Zone, Advance, Oriellys, Napa, All Pro autopart store stock 4.6 Mod Motor performance parts. Normally I see Chevy / Ford Carburator stuff. No you are only going by your local environment, the places you go and the people you know.Hell there are states with many times more people in it than where you live that dont allow you to do engine mods or are very restrictive. I was in a large mustang group here in Greenville called the Upstate Mustang Club. We held show and races. We advertised on the radio yet we never had more than 100 members. This is a moderate size city with a boat load of mustangs. I would go to malls and supermarkets and put fliers on Mustangs inviting them to come to meetings and events but most are not interested. It's the same everywhere, most mustang owners like their cars but most dont go beyond driving and washing their cars.
i think u just think a little too highly of yourself. u think u know everything about the economy and markets and don't like it when somebody butts heads with u over it.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy

thats mostly due to the fact those types of mods are not violating any rules or regulations, as they will be installed on vehicles that are exempt due to age.

any mod you do to your car, power wise, can always be twisted into modification of oem smog equipment. modifying oem smog equipment is a federal offense, so dont try to say its just cause i live in Commiefornia. Remove your cats? Federal Offense. just cause your local authority doesnt care doesnt make it any more legal.

CKS Auto, Autozone, Pep Boys, Etc, all dont want to get into legal issues. They still sell some stuff as "for off-road use only" but if they start catering to Fbody, Vettes and Mustang owners and sell all that stuff, while still covering their ***, they will get sued somewhere down the line and they will likely lose (especially with todays legal system). They dont worry about the carb stuff, because installing a bigger carb on a carb'd vehicle, when that carb is designed for a vehicle that is equal or older than years exempt, they cannot be prosecuted for. However, check the rice aisle, a AEM CAI for a Civic is for sale. Fully legal to use as its CARB legal. AEM knew that having the only CARB legal intake for a civic would make them the name for intakes for the entire honduh community. Whats the first thing a honduh kiddie does after buying his beast? goes to pep boys and grabs the giant intake off the shelf that says AEM.

now as far as meets go, generally i wouldnt go to a mustang meet. I have one local who has a KB Cobra, and hes the only person with a stang ive met that isnt a stuck up prick who thinks his intake/exhaust GT is gods gift to the world. I had a guy the other day coming back from lake tahoe rev on me with a Turbo 99-04 GT. Awesome, i thought. He gave me a BOV Salute, a thumbs down and took off, almost rear ending the car in front of him. We were stuck in traffic on 80. Totally the type of people i want to go to meets with. Rather go to a general car meet that has a ****load of makes and models, and see people who are into all cars in general, not some little clique of one type of car, cause thats boring. i dont want to see just mustangs, thats what we invented the forum for. If i want to check out just vettes, i go to a vette forum. If i want to see a bunch of nice cars, i go to In and Out on friday night.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:33 PM   #65
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
yeah he messed up. that was a very offensive comment and sounded more like a sexist comment than anything.
uh huh and butting me out of winning earlier in this post was messed up on ur part :box:

Old 07-02-2008, 07:20 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

hahaha i was just messin w/ya. it's not my choice to decide who's in or out. yu can get back in on it if u like! hahaha
Old 07-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
uhhh yeah not all of us are idiot little girly girls that like hello kitty or hang all kinds of crap on their mirrors. if u look many guys hang just as much stuff on their mirrors as girls. that is a common and stupid misconception. the only thing girls hang on their mirrors are the flowers, that's it, unless it's an air freshener, in which case many get those that go on your vents so they don't have to hang on the mirror. i think u underestimate the females of the world when it comes to cars...and don't say u don't since that last sentence u made kinda proved it.

The last statement was a joke, get the HAHAHA. First I hardly messed up! If you want political correctness this is not the place. Secondly I never underestimate women. The fact is 99% of girls are not into hot rodding. Sorry if that offends you but it is true. Now Girls like car racing as spectators in vast number, but the fact is there are very few. The truth is the truth. Now saying that I know several girls who flat out enjoy building hot rods. But that is not the norm as with most sports. I dont think there has ever been a women Super Bike racer. On the pit crews I dont think I have ever seen a women. That is not to say there are not women that can do the job. Only none have either applied or none have been given a chance.

So I dont underestimate women, never had never will. I just speak the truth and that is High Performance companies overlook women when it comes to marketing. If you dont believe me, Pick up any womens/girls magazine and look for aftermarket advertisments in any of them. now pick up a mens magazine like maxim or XXL . Besides if you read my post I said Aftermarket companies overlook women I did not say I did.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #68
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
i think u just think a little too highly of yourself. u think u know everything about the economy and markets and don't like it when somebody butts heads with u over it.

So you feel the need to make this personel over a general statement over the auto industry. As for butting head I like a good debate over things I have interest in. Being I am 48, I have been around a while, I have worked in the Motorsports field as a engine builder and I am a Aerospace Engineer now. I also majored in college in history and minored in finance and marketing. No I dont know it all. No one ever knows everything but some people know a lot about some things and others know a little about a lot of things. I know what I know and dont comment on what I dont know.

So I said nothing personel to you and you should have not taken it as such. To call me a sexist or say I said a offensive remark is not only untrue but just plain crazy. You need not be offended by general statement not directed to you, especially when they are true
Old 07-02-2008, 08:28 PM   #69
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Don't make Brother Corey bring out his rubber hose BY GOD!
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #70
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Everyone chill and smoke a blunt or something. Sheesh

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos