MPG, POST PICS! Of your AVG. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan100 View Post

Lol I do enjoy the mpg my mustang gets. I used to drive a truck that got 10mpg going downhill with the wind behind it.
Ha! That's how my jeep is!!

But all really good info!! I am just looking to see what I should be gettin after its fully broke in.... I don't even have 1500 miles on the bad boy yet....

I get about 22 now but I have had some pretty damn hard driving in it too! Basically every time I accelerate! Ha still not over the excitement of driving something that accelerates with such ease!
DigitalBman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I get 19-20 with my 06 gt even if I get on it a little. I drive mostly city with some highway and all I got is a tuner and axel backs
Depack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:08 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
No Big Deal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-661768994.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	322.4 KB
ID:	90486  
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post
No Big Deal
Ha! I'm looking for real MPG's ha!

Not resetting it while coasting downhill with the wind behind or anything!

But funny! Ha I wonder if the display can even display over 100.... In sure it can.... Ha
Old 02-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalBman View Post

Ha! I'm looking for real MPG's ha!

Not resetting it while coasting downhill with the wind behind or anything!

But funny! Ha I wonder if the display can even display over 100.... In sure it can.... Ha
Haha I had to do this. There is a huge hill on the freeway when I come back from school. Our reader can't go over 99.9 tho. Anyways with almost all city driving and I drive semi hard I get 20-21 mpg :p
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Best I could get . That's about 30 mins of driving , 5 or 6 red lights and the rest of the 45-55 mph a few small hills .
I have a CAI Roush AB and stock wheels ( for tonight)

Name:	image-3757822259.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	382.4 KB
ID:	90494
Old 02-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I'm averaging 20ish depending on my mood lol im thinking this is because I usually go about 80mph on my way to work and sit at about 2k rpm in 6th at 80. wonder if I slowed down a bit it'd prob be better
Old 02-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer
How happy are all you guys with the performance of this car? I really want the GT, and I know they're in two totally different leagues, but the gas and insurance will kill me. So is the 305 HP got you guys thrilled to drive your Stangs everyday?
My 11 gt insurance is only $3 a month more than my 04 gt. because they said my 2011 wasn't high performance but my 04 was hahah. Jokes on them.
iLLRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSancho
I'm averaging 20ish depending on my mood lol im thinking this is because I usually go about 80mph on my way to work and sit at about 2k rpm in 6th at 80. wonder if I slowed down a bit it'd prob be better
Yea, by a lot. I can run some numbers for you of you want an estimate.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:48 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan100 View Post
Boom following a friend on the way to Charlotte
I call bull**** unless you reset it and rolled down a hill.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by South3rnBeLLe50 View Post

There's no way you get that mpg. What did you reset your mpg and idol your car around the parking lot? Because that's impossible
+1

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by South3rnBeLLe50 View Post

There's no way you get that mpg. What did you reset your mpg and idol your car around the parking lot? Because that's impossible
If you could get that good of mpg, people wouldn't be buying KIAs and hybrids. And I know you're not that good of a driver to top 99.9999% of other mustang drivers by 10mpg.
Especially around the Carolina's. I've been there. Spent about 6 months bouncing around the Carolina's working. And its not the flattest terrain. So your claim is BOGUS.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

You are so full of **** dude. I can make my car average the same #s that you are. But lets be real, it's not your real driving. You're just trying to show off on a bogus claim.
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:57 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	image-1355708983.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	95929

Here's mine. 19.9 mpg

No bogus crap. And I bought it in October and still haven't reset it.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350

Here's mine. 19.9 mpg

No bogus crap. And I bought it in October and still haven't reset it.
Impressive. Well. Even though it only remember the last 500 miles. Are you calling me out on it? I would be happy to furnish any proof. I take photos, keep very detailed notes, and my claims are very realistic.

I would laugh if you think a 2012 v6 with my extent of aero mods and 2% increase in gearing can not achieve 32-36 mpg on the roads.

Especially since Ford got some 44 (might be less, but more than 40) mpg with a STOCK v6, no mods. So, if you are calling ME out on a claim that is 20% SHORT of a record Ford set, maybe you should check my mod list, posts here, posts on ecomodder, the fuel efficiency competition I ran in Ohio and WON, fuel log, and carefully collected, calculated and well documented data before you run your fingers about it.

Just because YOU can't do it, doesn't mean it's impossible.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 03-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Impressive. Well. Even though it only remember the last 500 miles. Are you calling me out on it? I would be happy to furnish any proof. I take photos, keep very detailed notes, and my claims are very realistic.

I would laugh if you think a 2012 v6 with my extent of aero mods and 2% increase in gearing can not achieve 32-36 mpg on the roads.

Especially since Ford got some 44 (might be less, but more than 40) mpg with a STOCK v6, no mods. So, if you are calling ME out on a claim that is 20% SHORT of a record Ford set, maybe you should check my mod list, posts here, posts on ecomodder, the fuel efficiency competition I ran in Ohio and WON, fuel log, and carefully collected, calculated and well documented data before you run your fingers about it.

Just because I can't do it? I didn't buy a Steeda Q350 for fuel mileage. And yes I'm calling you out on it. If you're not a damn rocket scientist, I don't believe in your 'aero mods'.
And if you're in the Carolina's, I surely don't believe you Unless you're going downhill when you make your 'calculations and documentations'

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Quote:

Proofs in the pudding man lol

Oh wait. I just saw 'run your fingers about it' lmao
It's not about 'running fingers'. It's about calling bull****
Old 03-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What are some of your mods besides aero? I'm actually pretty curious now. I read some of your other threads but can't find many of your mods besides aero mods.
And what part of Ohio? I just moved back to Louisiana from the Youngstown, Oh area in 2009. Lived in that cold tundra for 17 years
Old 03-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350 View Post
I call bull**** unless you reset it and rolled down a hill.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

+1

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

If you could get that good of mpg, people wouldn't be buying KIAs and hybrids. And I know you're not that good of a driver to top 99.9999% of other mustang drivers by 10mpg.
Especially around the Carolina's. I've been there. Spent about 6 months bouncing around the Carolina's working. And its not the flattest terrain. So your claim is BOGUS.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

You are so full of **** dude. I can make my car average the same #s that you are. But lets be real, it's not your real driving. You're just trying to show off on a bogus claim.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/tool-aero-rolling-resistance.php?Weight=1830&WeightUnits=lbs&CRR=.008&Cd=.34&FrontalArea=20&FrontalAreaUnits=ft^2&FuelWh=33557&IceEfficiency=.22&DrivetrainEfficiency=.95&ParasiticOverhead=0&rho=1.225&FromToStep=5-200-5

I did run the numbers. Hmm. I guess I am really full of ****, but with MY numbers plugged in, through math, at 60 mph I would get 45 mpg under those circumstances.

And 80? 28 mpg.

Hmm. So when one thinks about the fuel used to get up to speed, then add in hills and having fun, you think 32-36 is ****?

What do YOU need for proof?

Edit:

And I am in Ohio. You're in NC, then?

Old 03-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/tool-aero-rolling-resistance.php?Weight=1830&WeightUnits=lbs&CRR=.008&Cd=.34&FrontalArea=20&FrontalAreaUnits=ft^2&FuelWh=33557&IceEfficiency=.22&DrivetrainEfficiency=.95&ParasiticOverhead=0&rho=1.225&FromToStep=5-200-5

I did run the numbers. Hmm. I guess I am really full of ****, but with MY numbers plugged in, through math, at 60 mph I would get 45 mpg under those circumstances.

And 80? 28 mpg.

Hmm. So when one thinks about the fuel used to get up to speed, then add in hills and having fun, you think 32-36 is ****?

Well yes I do know getting up to speed kills your fuel mileage cause I have that fuel mileage gauge on my cluster at all times. And yes, 60mph is about the sweet spot too
Crest the hill, put in neutral, coast up the other side and so forth? I can see how that can raise your mpg
What gears are you running?
I run 4.10s and averaged 24.6mpg coming home from concord, nc when I bought my Steeda

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote:

And 80? 28 mpg.

Edit:

No I'm in Louisiana.
I spent about 6 months traveling all over the Carolina's working between 05-09

Doing warranty work for gentek all side and Alcoa

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote:

And 80? 28 mpg.

Edit:

And 32-36, I don't think that is bs at all. I know the V6 is fully capable of doing that. I just didnt see how they could reach over 40
Old 03-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well yes I do know getting up to speed kills your fuel mileage cause I have that fuel mileage gauge on my cluster at all times. And yes, 60mph is about the sweet spot too
Crest the hill, put in neutral, coast up the other side and so forth? I can see how that can raise your mpg
What gears are you running?
I run 4.10s and averaged 24.6mpg coming home from concord, nc when I bought my Steeda

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

No I'm in Louisiana.
I spent about 6 months traveling all over the Carolina's working between 05-09

Doing warranty work for gentek all side and Alcoa

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

And 32-36, I don't think that is bs at all. I know the V6 is fully capable of doing that. I just didnt see how they could reach over 40

Dude. Are we serious. I thought you were calling my fuel records and ME full of ****. I have never had a tank better than 36, lifetime fuel use is 31.x

I just wasn't calling him a liar. He first posted that, then as we chatted he let us know about other helping circumstances, like resetting, drafting, whatever else he said. I haven't reread this since whenever the last posts were. You quoted me and said I was full of **** and I thought you meant my fuel economy, not his. Although I did find a new way to help my mpg even further which could make some pretty wicked mpg. Not new, just new for me.

Edit:

2.7 whatevers, and my wheel diameter is 2% greater than the stock gauges. I run a scanguage ii and ultraguage and every so often I recheck my % difference in real speed and what the car thinks. Oh, and use KPH instead of MPH because it's more precise...I am pretty obsessed and particular lol

Old 03-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dude. Are we serious. I thought you were calling my fuel records and ME full of ****. I have never had a tank better than 36, lifetime fuel use is 31.x

I just wasn't calling him a liar. He first posted that, then as we chatted he let us know about other helping circumstances, like resetting, drafting, whatever else he said. I haven't reread this since whenever the last posts were. You quoted me and said I was full of **** and I thought you meant my fuel economy, not his. Although I did find a new way to help my mpg even further which could make some pretty wicked mpg. Not new, just new for me.
Ah ****. See I got all mixed up. I was calling bs on the other guys fuel mileage. I just went back thru this thread. And it wasn't you that I was calling bs on.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ah ****. See I got all mixed up. I was calling bs on the other guys fuel mileage. I just went back thru this thread. And it wasn't you that I was calling bs on.

Ah, equally my bad. Sorry friend. I will admit, I am very defensive regarding my accomplishments with my mpg.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Edit:

2.7 whatevers, and my wheel diameter is 2% greater than the stock gauges. I run a scanguage ii and ultraguage and every so often I recheck my % difference in real speed and what the car thinks. Oh, and use KPH instead of MPH because it's more precise...I am pretty obsessed and particular lol
Yeah if you keep your actual documentation and records taken by pen and paper, I believe you.
But I don't believe someone that just resets the gauge and goes downhill and claims their mpg. Lol. Hell, I can make mine say 99 if I wanted.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote:

Ah, equally my bad. Sorry friend. I will admit, I am very defensive regarding my accomplishments with my mpg.
Lmao my bad man. I bet you are. That's like Obama saying 'you didn't build that, I did' lol
Old 03-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #56
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Lmao hahaha
Old 03-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Mine was down to 17.2 last week. Then I went to Biloxi which is about 150 miles away. And it worked back up to 19.1.
I never let my tank get below 1/4 so I don't know what I can actually get per tank
Old 03-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah if you keep your actual documentation and records taken by pen and paper, I believe you.
But I don't believe someone that just resets the gauge and goes downhill and claims their mpg. Lol. Hell, I can make mine say 99 if I wanted.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Lmao my bad man. I bet you are. That's like Obama saying 'you didn't build that, I did' lol
Haha, I feel like an dummy now, I was so heated. Ah, good stuff. Yea, I used to do paper but then I had big masses of crinkled old little papers, so since October ish I have pulled into the fuel station, swipe the cc, put the sprayer on the lowest setting, photo my mpg, miles, so on, then photo the gas gauge when it auto offs. No top off.

If it is ever off on one tank, it corrects on the next. Which is where the average comes into play. My only mods are aero. lower drag front bumper, front splitter, front air dam, partial belly pan, upper grille block, lower partial grille block, side splitters, rear diffuser- in order of most to least effective.

Only other mods are Roush CAI and axle backs. I have very little more power than stock, I guess full synthetic oil and larger diameter wheels may count a bit.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha, I feel like an dummy now, I was so heated. Ah, good stuff. Yea, I used to do paper but then I had big masses of crinkled old little papers, so since October ish I have pulled into the fuel station, swipe the cc, put the sprayer on the lowest setting, photo my mpg, miles, so on, then photo the gas gauge when it auto offs. No top off.

If it is ever off on one tank, it corrects on the next. Which is where the average comes into play. My only mods are aero. lower drag front bumper, front splitter, front air dam, partial belly pan, upper grille block, lower partial grille block, side splitters, rear diffuser- in order of most to least effective.

Only other mods are Roush CAI and axle backs. I have very little more power than stock, I guess full synthetic oil and larger diameter wheels may count a bit.
Lmao I feel like a moron.
This is my newest car I've ever owned. I've owned some nice rides. But nothing like my Steeda. So I just kinda go with the flow.
How's your rear diffuser? Is it functional? I added one but it's just for looks. It just fills up the cutout on the bumper under the plate on the 05-09. Doesn't go end to end. I'm sure the belly pan works wonders also. That's gotta cut down on drag ALOT
Old 03-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Is the belly pan something you fabricated?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #61
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I have to do the math with mine... My latest tank was 13.946 gallons at 152.5 miles... Averages to about 11mpg, I need to control my foot a little more lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Feels like I get about 5mpgs. Eh, I damn sure ain't complaining! Haha!
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm at a little over 1.5k 6th going 70 if I remember right. ill test it myself tomorrow but lets hear your guess
Old 03-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #64
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post
No Big Deal
My dad did that before in our Corvette. its got a feature to show instantaneous mileage, so if you look at it it fluctuates like crazy. When we were on the highway we went down a hill, he put the clutch in and let it coast. 99.9mpg Corvette lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I get 70-90 mile for $20, so about 12-14. All short trip in town.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1954750238.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	96046  
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Dang you guys get some good mpg. I avg around

9-11
Old 03-15-2013, 04:31 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lmao I feel like a moron.
This is my newest car I've ever owned. I've owned some nice rides. But nothing like my Steeda. So I just kinda go with the flow.
How's your rear diffuser? Is it functional? I added one but it's just for looks. It just fills up the cutout on the bumper under the plate on the 05-09. Doesn't go end to end. I'm sure the belly pan works wonders also. That's gotta cut down on drag ALOT
My rear Diffuser in its current state is essentially useless, other than looking sweet (to me). When I had my full belly pan, it may have made a difference, but it is nothing I could calculate myself. Not having a wind tunnel, just OBD instrumentation, I am a bit limited in research. But yea, having the rear diffuser is only cosmetic without a full belly pan for my vehicle. Most others would be the same, rarely do cool looking ones do anything, other than say Ford GTs, or R8s off the top of my head.

Quote:

Is the belly pan something you fabricated?
If by fabricated you mean in my scientific lab (garage) I used my advanced lifting mechanism (jack and bricks) to meticulously install (zip tie) my corrugated polymer sheet (4x8 election signs, coroplast) to the bottom of my car, then yes lol

In my build thread for my underbody I have full details, but it is EXTREMELY effective. I built it to be easy to remove in case of exhaust being too hot (regardless of my precautions) or other incident that required quick removal. Since the design worked, I have found the materials I need to build it from aluminum, I just need to pick up the sheet, get it to a lift, and get a good two or three hours under it.

At this moment, I only have 25% of my belly pan installed. I will be using coroplast up front, easy removal, easy to replace, designed to come off for oil changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSancho

I'm at a little over 1.5k 6th going 70 if I remember right. ill test it myself tomorrow but lets hear your guess
I don't do that...I just do estimated fuel economy for circumstances of vehicle and weather/road conditions. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that seems right. I held 79 for two hours yesterday staying under 2k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
My dad did that before in our Corvette. its got a feature to show instantaneous mileage, so if you look at it it fluctuates like crazy. When we were on the highway we went down a hill, he put the clutch in and let it coast. 99.9mpg Corvette lol
Thats cool. Our mpg gauge is so crappy. Its rarely accurate, and is not instant
But thanks goodness for OBDii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831
Dang you guys get some good mpg. I avg around

9-11
It all depends on the year, maintenance, mods, and driver. That could be normal...lol

Old 03-16-2013, 12:35 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Glad to see this thread came back to life!

When you finish your belly pan can you post a full work up and instructions???
Old 03-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Averaged it today, i get close to 10 mpg
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
I get 12 or so