Possible Mustang (Please Read) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
The ABS and trac control the dealer is required to be fixed by the dealer before they sell it. And yea Bullitts are pretty rare, which is why I really want it. They only made them in 01 & 08 right? Other than the Steve McQueen Bullitt.
I tried so hard to get one in 08, but because I was deployed they only had 3 available to the military. They had a raffle for the ability to buy one and a guy I was working with won. Then he freaking sold the car before he went back to the states because it was too much to ship all his mustangs back. I was pretty pissed because I really wanted one. I would of had to pay way more for one from the dealership and have it shipped overseas. I almost bought a 2013 C63 AMG because I lost on the raffle to buy the 13 Boss 302. The only reason I didn't, was because it would have made more sense to buy a GT500 over the C63 for the extra 10K, now I wish I would have spent that 10K on the GT500 (SMH). In my defense I order my car before all the price list came out, and when I saw the specs on the GT500 my car was already in production. On the flips side I used 8 of the 10K on parts for both my cars.

The cars do have a Bullitt specific kit. I believe the brakes and roll bars and suspension is different than stock.
Jedimindtricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #37
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
It all is different than stock, also has a complete different intake. Interior is also so much different than stock.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Just remember man, cash talks. If you go in there with $100 bills and show them cash, they will negotiate. I promise. Start at 6,800. Be like u fix whatever and ill give you $6,800.00 cash. I promise you everything is negotiable. If anybody else ever reads this post, if you go to a car lot to buy a car, never ever pay full price. I don't care if its a 2001 bullitt or a 2013 Shelby.
I agree with that 100%
Jedimindtricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimindtricks View Post

I agree with that 100%
Tellem, if all else fails, remember your screen name and if they won't negotiate, hit them with some Jedi mind tricks!
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #40
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Tellem, if all else fails, remember your screen name and if they won't negotiate, hit them with some Jedi mind tricks!
LOL

HID end all thread
Old 02-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #41
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
We looked up Blue Book value and they listed it right at value, which is expected from a dealer. I would rather pay a little extra from a dealer than from private party because private party can be risky if something is broken and they don't tell you. Dealer is usually more reliable even if more expensive.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Here is the link to the online add:
A 2001 Ford Mustang in Placerville CA dealer Thompson's Toyota. Dark Highland Green GT 2dr Cpe GT Bullitt Edition.
Yes plus they're liable to a degree! They're required to provide a warranty of Merchantability. It's vague, but it ensures that the car isn't going to catch on fire the minute you drive off lot
Old 02-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #42
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Ok, after seeing all your opinions i'm getting it. I'm going to try and strike a deal soon after we get the loan approved.

HID end all thread
Old 02-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #43
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Ok, after seeing all your opinions i'm getting it. I'm going to try and strike a deal soon after we get the loan approved.
You're going to finance it? Not saying that's bad, but try and get it paid for by your first year.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #44
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
You're going to finance it? Not saying that's bad, but try and get it paid for by your first year.
Its a small finance. I've got 7k invested making pretty good interest, so we are going to take out a small loan of like 4k at probably 2.9%, that way i'm still making money off what I have invested.

HID end all thread
Old 02-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
It looks like a good buy at a fair price. Just for reference. I got a 03 mach 1 with 90k miles on body and 30k miles on the drivetrain/engine for $8k 16 months ago in Canada.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #46
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
It looks like a good buy at a fair price. Just for reference. I got a 03 mach 1 with 90k miles on body and 30k miles on the drivetrain/engine for $8k 16 months ago in Canada.
Sweet deal... But we all know what things are like in California lol

HID end all thread
Old 02-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #47
ME Bloodhound
Staff

UPDATE: So we aren't going to get a loan after all for it, because since we would have to get full coverage if we got a loan we checked how much it would be for insurance. 18 year old + Mustang GT + Full Coverage = No Bueno. My dad promised me a long time ago he would give give me up to $1500 for a car (back when he thought i was saving up for a beater), and he said he would own up to that $1500 for this car. We are going to crunch some numbers and figure out what the best thing to do would be. I could just pull all my money out of my investment (investment I started for the car fund), but we want to try to keep it open to continue with interest, and need $2500 to keep it open... I'll keep you all updated.

HID end all thread
Old 02-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
UPDATE: So we aren't going to get a loan after all for it, because since we would have to get full coverage if we got a loan we checked how much it would be for insurance. 18 year old + Mustang GT + Full Coverage = No Bueno. My dad promised me a long time ago he would give give me up to $1500 for a car (back when he thought i was saving up for a beater), and he said he would own up to that $1500 for this car. We are going to crunch some numbers and figure out what the best thing to do would be. I could just pull all my money out of my investment (investment I started for the car fund), but we want to try to keep it open to continue with interest, and need $2500 to keep it open... I'll keep you all updated.
My insurance 18 full coverage on my 05 GT is around 370 a month. Not very fun

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post

My insurance 18 full coverage on my 05 GT is around 370 a month. Not very fun
Lmao don't complain..21 full coverage on my 02 GT, 500 a month, don't speed lmao.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #50
ME Bloodhound
Staff

My dad got a quote from the insurance company, 18 years old (on wednesday), no tickets or anything (not even pulled over once) $85 for me on the Bullitt for base coverage.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post
Lmao don't complain..21 full coverage on my 02 GT, 500 a month, don't speed lmao.
If i had to pay that much i wouldn't have a Mustang lol, i can't afford that.

HID end all thread
Old 02-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My dad got a quote from the insurance company, 18 years old (on wednesday), no tickets or anything (not even pulled over once) $85 for me on the Bullitt for base coverage.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

If i had to pay that much i wouldn't have a Mustang lol, i can't afford that.
Remember than dont be stupid like I was, my insurance was less than 100$ a month when I first got my license..well being the stupid 18 y.o I was in my previous mustang, I managed to rack up 3 speeding tickets, careless driving ticket, driving while suspended, unsafe driving..I was young, and very very very VERY stupid
Old 02-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #52
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

Remember than dont be stupid like I was, my insurance was less than 100$ a month when I first got my license..well being the stupid 18 y.o I was in my previous mustang, I managed to rack up 3 speeding tickets, careless driving ticket, driving while suspended, unsafe driving..I was young, and very very very VERY stupid
Yea I'm too afraid to get tickets, so I drive carefully lol

HID end all thread
Old 02-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

I almost got myself killed, or worse, in a car while i still had my learners and that really put it into perspective for me. Since then I never speed, I alway come to a complete stop, I'm never aggressive, the most I ever do is squeal the tires. (On private property of course.)
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:07 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Wow when I was 18, insurance on my stang was 125 a month full coverage... That was but 6 years ago
Coreyw428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

True, straight from a money sense, but you need to establish a credit history for yourself. This is a good way to start.
True, a secured loan is the best way to establish credit. Congratulations Soccer, looks like a nice ride.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:11 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
I would consider a 12 month loan and paying a little more in insurance. Establishing credit early in life is very important, it could save you several thousands later on in life. Even your insurance is based on your credit score.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

I would consider a 12 month loan and paying a little more in insurance. Establishing credit early in life is very important, it could save you several thousands later on in life. Even your insurance is based on your credit score.
+1 even if you hate borrowing money like I do you will have a tough time later in life without good established credit... Just wait till you try and buy or even rent a house... It's going to suck if its even possible. I started building credit at 16 with a cell phone plan

Old 02-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #58
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

We've got other ways we were going to establish me credit... We have been planning for it for a while.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

We are going to get a credit card for me, and I'm going to use it for almost everything I buy but treat it like my current debit card where I have to have to have the money available to spend it. That way I don't go in debt and I build credit.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Oh, full coverage would be $250 a month... With my current job I wouldn't be able to afford that with monthly payments for the loan and gas.

HID end all thread
Old 02-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like you've thought it out well, congratulations.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Ha. HAHAHAHA. $250 a month.. My first quote for my Cobra was 750 a month... GET SOMEEE!!

But congrats Soccer! Good to see you on the verge of a Stang!
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Yea man it's good you're thinking things through most kids don't! I was lucky to have the kind of job I had at 18 but I had NO help from my parents haha. It's good to see that they are working with you to help figure things out good luck! You'll end up with an awesome stang soon!

Old 02-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid View Post
Ha. HAHAHAHA. $250 a month.. My first quote for my Cobra was 750 a month... GET SOMEEE!!

But congrats Soccer! Good to see you on the verge of a Stang!
Ill take some
Old 02-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger

Ill take some
^^Lol. I did. And drive it like I stole it. EVERY. DAY.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #64
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

^^Lol. I did. And drive it like I stole it. EVERY. DAY.
I'm taking it to the track on the 20th

HID end all thread
Old 02-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

So you did get it???
Old 02-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #66
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
So you did get it???
Going to the dealer probably Saturday with cash to negotiate a deal

HID end all thread
Old 02-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #67
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

Going to the dealer probably Saturday with cash to negotiate a deal
Right on!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
congrads man ive ALWAYS wanted that green gt bullitt. someday i'll find one hopefully .

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #69
ME Bloodhound
Staff

KBB lists the car at $7800 for suggested retail in excellent condition. The interior was clean AF but the exterior could use a little work. I'll probably go in there with the KBB rating in hand and offer maybe 7 or 6800.

HID end all thread
Old 02-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #70
Registered Member

Regular

Hey brother it's almost here lol. Good luck!
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos