New GoPro and a crappy day, had some fun - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
New GoPro and a crappy day, had some fun

Hey so I was messing around with my new gopro Hero3 today and I thought I'd let ya'll check it out. Driving around with the JBA O/R X and Borla Stingers.

First video is kind of short, just a start up and driving her up the street from my house. Just more of a test of my new camera than anything.

2011 Mustang 5.0 JBA O/R X and Borla S-Types - YouTube

Second video is me starting in a mall parking lot and with the windows down revving her for a few seconds then driving away and onto the highway and then off the highway into meijers parking lot. It is 9 mins long. Not the craziest but you can get an idea of what driving around with the exhaust I have is like.

2011 Mustang 5.0 JBA O/R X and Borla S-Types - YouTube

i know vid quality sucks. My macbook pro is jacked up and going into service, the MB fan doesn't work and an ADH plan means my 3 year old laptop is going to take an accident. It just couldn't process the HQ video lol.
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Even at the lower resolution it looks and sounds pretty good. I just got the Hero3 Black Edition last week and have the same problem with video on my laptop (Alienware). When plugged into the television, the HD at 1080P is awesome and smooth.
lonewolf26330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf26330 View Post
Even at the lower resolution it looks and sounds pretty good. I just got the Hero3 Black Edition last week and have the same problem with video on my laptop (Alienware). When plugged into the television, the HD at 1080P is awesome and smooth.
yeah the native .mp4 file the gopro put out would only play audio and the video would stay stuck. I literally have the same GoPro.

I wondered if it was my resolution and fps setting. I forgot to change them and it recorded at 1440 and 48FPS. I have since changed it to 1080P and 60FPS. Maybe I should try 30FPS? I dunno.

Gonna have to keep playing with it.
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
From what I have seen...It takes a stout computer to handle the video files at HD resolutions. If you hook the camera to the tv...it should be smooth a silk. I thought I had a bad camera. Are you using the Cinepro software that is free from the GoPro site? It does a lot of the conversion process. You just have to make sure you re encode it for HD if that is what you are looking for.

I tried dumbing the camera to 720p at 30 frames and it was still laggy on my laptop. I am now looking to buy a newer Macbook pro that is fully loaded.
lonewolf26330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf26330 View Post
From what I have seen...It takes a stout computer to handle the video files at HD resolutions. If you hook the camera to the tv...it should be smooth a silk. I thought I had a bad camera. Are you using the Cinepro software that is free from the GoPro site? It does a lot of the conversion process. You just have to make sure you re encode it for HD if that is what you are looking for.

I tried dumbing the camera to 720p at 30 frames and it was still laggy on my laptop. I am now looking to buy a newer Macbook pro that is fully loaded.
Nope I will have to look into the Cinpro and see if it works for the Mac, good call out on that. Worst case scenario I have a crazy fast custom desktop I can use wtih a water cooled I-950 at 4.01Ghz and dual GTX570 cards and 4 SSD in a raidO. Although knowing the company my ADH is through on my laptop, I will have a new macbook pro, and one that doesn't overheat. My current one just overheats and then sucks.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Nope I will have to look into the Cinpro and see if it works for the Mac, good call out on that. Worst case scenario I have a crazy fast custom desktop I can use wtih a water cooled I-950 at 4.01Ghz and dual GTX570 cards and 4 SSD in a raidO. Although knowing the company my ADH is through on my laptop, I will have a new macbook pro, and one that doesn't overheat. My current one just overheats and then sucks.
How loud is the car with borla and the o/r pipe. I have the catback s type and I love it. I want to get an o/r x pipe but I don't want the car NASCAR loud.
Rmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmag View Post
How loud is the car with borla and the o/r pipe. I have the catback s type and I love it. I want to get an o/r x pipe but I don't want the car NASCAR loud.
She gets pretty loud. I never had her above 4K RPM in those videos. Mostly because the roads were so wet and slippery. If tomorrow is as nice and warm and as dry as they claim it will be, I'll get some better videos of WOT with her. She can really scream.

normal driving though isn't that loud. From what I gather under normal driving the o/r X and non o/r X S-Types would sound identical in loudness.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #8
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Nice. But hey! Don't be afraid to mount that sucker outside the car. It'll hold.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I had choppy playback on my laptop with other programs but the VLC media player works great so give that a try.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
I had choppy playback on my laptop with other programs but the VLC media player works great so give that a try.
Yeah it couldn't play them either. I dunno what the deal is. Gonna have to keep playing with it.

Took their cinepro program and imported the 9 min video, went from a 2Gb .mp4 to a 10gb .mov file. My computer couldn't play that at all hahaha.

Time to get a better computer.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Nice. But hey! Don't be afraid to mount that sucker outside the car. It'll hold.
I will at some point. Still a little nervous to do so. Lol.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Could be you just need a better/different video card. Ive had games that would play on any card but the one I had...of course!

Yeah, Ive had my camera 5 months and Im still nervous about outside shots! Course I was without it for 2 months (looking at you GoPro) but that's a whole 'nother rant.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Could be you just need a better/different video card. Ive had games that would play on any card but the one I had...of course!

Yeah, Ive had my camera 5 months and Im still nervous about outside shots! Course I was without it for 2 months (looking at you GoPro) but that's a whole 'nother rant.
Well I tried with my macbook pro which you cannot change the video card in. It plays 1080P blu ray rips with ease but not these. Then again like I did say the motherboard fan stopped working so I am sure the heat is not helping.

Well I feel ya! Already had the suction cup mount fall off the window once and my camera plummet to the floor. I might do that on a more private lesser used rd. There are some good ones about 30 mins north of me. I just want to wait for slightly nicer weather first.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Make sure you press the button in on the suction cup, haven't had mine come off the window yet. I did lose an OregonScientific (I think) barrel cam on the highway on a cruise and it was promptly run down by an 18 wheeler, lol. That was some funny sh*t, but I didnt care too much about it.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Make sure you press the button in on the suction cup, haven't had mine come off the window yet. I did lose an OregonScientific (I think) barrel cam on the highway on a cruise and it was promptly run down by an 18 wheeler, lol. That was some funny sh*t, but I didnt care too much about it.
Yeah I guess I didn't push the button hard enough. Second time it stuck strong. Ahhhh to bad you didn't get that footage. Would have been awesome Haha.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Ahhhh to bad you didn't get that footage. Would have been awesome Haha.
Right! I almost went back to see if I could salvage the footage from the cam itself but it was in the middle of a busy highway and I was in the middle of a cruise...albeit lost, lol. Never did find the pack again, but they got lost too and split into two groups. My first cruise was definitely memorable, ha ha.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos