Found this pic, any one seen one in person? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:13 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
doesn't look to good in person though...saw this last year at NMRA...thought it was cool for all the custom fab work he did, but for me it just didn't flow
Could use some refining but the ideas definately there. it would probably look better with a hatch, but I'm kinda bias towards hatchs anyhow.. lol
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 02:16 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post
Anyone seen this pic? I saw it online a few years back and I figured someone would have tried to do it by now, but I can't find anything.. I think it looks great.

Anyone got any ideas about something like this? Best way to do, how would one accomplish this kind of craziness? Lol
Looks like a early 90's gt in the back then like an 07 gt in the front and side with billit grille and shaker hood... Soooo in other words to get it perfect, you'd have to have quite a lot of money haha
Michaelgranlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:20 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgranlund View Post

Looks like a early 90's gt in the back then like an 07 gt in the front and side with billit grille and shaker hood... Soooo in other words to get it perfect, you'd have to have quite a lot of money haha
More or less lol. I doubt you could just pull a front clip off a s197 and bolt it on to a fox, they're bigger cars all around.. and if you cut and welded to fit the pieces it would be too big still. Everything would have to be scaled down and made strictly for a late model fox for the body lines and proportions to be right.

I'm still gonna keep a copy of this pic around, maybe once I get out of school and have my shop opened up ill give it a whack..maybe..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 02:26 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

More or less lol. I doubt you could just pull a front clip off a s197 and bolt it on to a fox, they're bigger cars all around.. and if you cut and welded to fit the pieces it would be too big still. Everything would have to be scaled down and made strictly for a late model fox for the body lines and proportions to be right.

I'm still gonna keep a copy of this pic around, maybe once I get out of school and have my shop opened up ill give it a whack..maybe..
Oh you would definitely need to get pieces made to fit haha if it were that easy to just get a ton of salvage mustangs and piece them together the mustang world would be a giant jigsaw puzzle haha if you have mechanical skills Im sure if you put enough time and money in it you'd be able to do it since it's basically cosmetics but the question is, where would you start? Haha like would you buy a newer mustang or an older one for the frame and basic shape haha either way, a lottttt of work
Old 04-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Id get a 92 gt to start, get pictures at every angle of an 07 gt, and probably get a front clip from an 07 for measurements and scale everything down from the 07 to the same scale of the 92 and make the pieces out of fiberglass.. it'd be a lot of work but I think it would be a fun long term project
Old 04-01-2013, 03:34 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Id get a 92 gt to start, get pictures at every angle of an 07 gt, and probably get a front clip from an 07 for measurements and scale everything down from the 07 to the same scale of the 92 and make the pieces out of fiberglass.. it'd be a lot of work but I think it would be a fun long term project
Yeah dude if its that important, go for it. It looks sick and make sure to get a 5.0 too because with that much work into it, it might as well haul *** on top of lookin pretty haha
Old 04-01-2013, 03:39 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgranlund View Post

Yeah dude if its that important, go for it. It looks sick and make sure to get a 5.0 too because with that much work into it, it might as well haul *** on top of lookin pretty haha
Its not something I'm going to attempt any time soon.. or if ill even end up trying it. But if the stars align and I do go through with a project like that.. it'll get a hell of a lot more than a 5.0 lol
Old 04-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Here is a '66 Mustang with an '06 front end on craigslist.

custom 66 mustang coupe

Billd25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I like it but at the same time I don't, I'm so used to looking at the square front end on those old Mustangs that it looks weird round like that.
Redstang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billd25 View Post
Here is a '66 Mustang with an '06 front end on craigslist.

custom 66 mustang coupe
I give the owner props for the work that went into it, but that's sacralidge (however you spell it).. 1st gen stangs are beautiful the way they are
Old 04-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I give the owner props for the work that went into it, but that's sacralidge (however you spell it).. 1st gen stangs are beautiful the way they are
Nah, sacrelige would be welding together a mustang front end to a camaro back end. Which has been done. Or putting a Chevy motor or non Ford motor in a mustang. This is completely fine to me. But others may disagree
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:32 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I have no problems with modifying the bodys of stangs, but the 1st gens, especially 64 1/2-66 are few and far between these days, most are totaled or sitting in scrap heaps. And even more are sitting and rusting away in fields or peoples yards..

And I can't say much about a non ford motor in a mustang lol, I'm not a ford guy, but I am a mustang guy. id love to put an old dodge small block into a fox.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Here's another one and its a kit. It's a predator custom. The link for the project is www.stangthang.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2721096996.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	100094
LukeRailey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
This kit is on the same website. I like the look of it
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-269561945.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	100095
LukeRailey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeRailey68 View Post
This kit is on the same website. I like the look of it
Those are newer than the ones id seen for the new edge, the older style just didn't look right, it was like a clown nose on the front end lol those actually don't look bad at all

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos