New 2012 GT Brembo Pics - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #1

Region: Missouri
New 2012 GT Brembo Pics

Hi All,
I'm fairly new to the forum and figured I'd post a few pics of my new 5.0
I was torn between the 2013 and the 2012...but there is just something about the 2012's "Power Dome" hood and the front facia that really sold me. Finding a black 2012 Brembo was ridiculous...I thought I was never going to find her. She is a joy to drive!

Anyway, hope you enjoy, I'll try to get some more in soon.
In the pics, I had just applied the "Turtle Wax Black Box" kit. This stuff is amazing on black paint!

Thriller
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	103791  
Thriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #2

Front
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	248
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	103792  
Old 04-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #3

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	221
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	103793  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Looks awesome! I saw been I wheels in person for the first time about a week ago and if I would have known about them when i boughtthe car I would have done those
Old 04-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Nice! and welcome.
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Looks sweet!....Welcome
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Beautiful! Welcome! and great color choice
Old 04-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Nice car
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #9

Region: Texas
i'm on the hunt for the same combo . black /black 5.0 w/ brembo's .

she looks awesome man !
apex000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
Hi All,
I'm fairly new to the forum and figured I'd post a few pics of my new 5.0
I was torn between the 2013 and the 2012...but there is just something about the 2012's "Power Dome" hood and the front facia that really sold me. Finding a black 2012 Brembo was ridiculous...I thought I was never going to find her. She is a joy to drive!

Anyway, hope you enjoy, I'll try to get some more in soon.
In the pics, I had just applied the "Turtle Wax Black Box" kit. This stuff is amazing on black paint!

Thriller
+1 i love my 12 better than 13s i think it looks more muscle haha. Nothing against 13 either they still look good i just love my 12
TruChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruChris View Post

+1 i love my 12 better than 13s i think it looks more muscle haha. Nothing against 13 either they still look good i just love my 12
That's just what all 12 owners say lol!

I think the 12's look more retro, but I can't stand that god aweful plastic. Looks China cheap.
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT View Post

I think the 12's look more retro, but I can't stand that god aweful plastic. Looks China cheap.
I think it looks likw it has more character haha but i agree with the plastic i hate it. Thats what i love about 13s all the trim is painted.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruChris View Post

I think it looks likw it has more character haha but i agree with the plastic i hate it. Thats what i love about 13s all the trim is painted.
Until it gets all chipped from road debris. Forget about staggering rear wheels.
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnus View Post

Until it gets all chipped from road debris. Forget about staggering rear wheels.
My friend has a 12 with it painte and staggered wheels for a couple months now i think it looks great!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Nice ride and nice find! I got my heart set on a blk/blk 5.0 as well. But they offered me a great deal on my ingot silver that I simply couldn't pass up
Sharkkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #16

Thanks for the comments guys. It's all about what makes you happy
For me, it was just something about the front view of the '12 and the hood that gets my blood going. Unfortunately, it was becoming harder and harder to find a '12 Black Brembo.(p.s. Apex...there was one for sale at a dealership in Missouri...if you are interested, let me know...I'll try to email you the website)

As of now I don't really have to many plans to change things on it. I've got Borla's on her now. The only other things I have planned are wider tires eventually and maybe a new shifter. I think Ford scored huge with their Brembo style wheels...I have no plans to change these.

I've always been attracted to the early 90's 5.0's. Finding one of those now days in stock specs is getting harder and harder to do...and when I do see one...it really makes an impression. Call me old fashioned, but I think there is a lot to say about keeping a car stock looking...especially for collectibility down the road...if that is your kind of thing.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriller
Thanks for the comments guys. It's all about what makes you happy
For me, it was just something about the front view of the '12 and the hood that gets my blood going. Unfortunately, it was becoming harder and harder to find a '12 Black Brembo.(p.s. Apex...there was one for sale at a dealership in Missouri...if you are interested, let me know...I'll try to email you the website)

As of now I don't really have to many plans to change things on it. I've got Borla's on her now. The only other things I have planned are wider tires eventually and maybe a new shifter. I think Ford scored huge with their Brembo style wheels...I have no plans to change these.

I've always been attracted to the early 90's 5.0's. Finding one of those now days in stock specs is getting harder and harder to do...and when I do see one...it really makes an impression. Call me old fashioned, but I think there is a lot to say about keeping a car stock looking...especially for collectibility down the road...if that is your kind of thing.
Love the ride man. Looks clean!
iLLRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Sweet looking car ... I love my 2012 Brembo car. I am not a fan of the changes in styling after 2012 ... just personal preference.

LOWER IT! The wheel gap on the Brembo cars is pretty large with their slightly higher spring rates. Even and inch changes to overall look of the car.
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT View Post

+1 but I like the 13 tailights .

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Nice pony . love that black
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
If only I could find the '13 taillights for my '12 for cheaper than $1000+
Mustangreazon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87 View Post
Sweet looking car ... I love my 2012 Brembo car. I am not a fan of the changes in styling after 2012 ... just personal preference.

LOWER IT! The wheel gap on the Brembo cars is pretty large with their slightly higher spring rates. Even and inch changes to overall look of the car.
Anyone gone with a slightly higher profile tire to fill it in a little? I'm not too concerned with the gap. My car back in college was a civic si...I lowered it only 1.5in. While it looked "cool", that mod greatly accelerated my issues with the suspension as well a engine motor mounts. The car blew struts much quicker than expected.

With this being a "muscle car", having a slightly higher profile wouldn't be to abnormal...Any thoughts? Overall longevity of my suspension is a big concern. Lowering vehicles have just left me with a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth based on past experiences.

Thanks again for all of the comments!...much appreciated!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Anyone gone with a slightly higher profile tire to fill it in a little? I'm not too concerned with the gap. My car back in college was a civic si...I lowered it only 1.5in. While it looked "cool", that mod greatly accelerated my issues with the suspension as well a engine motor mounts. The car blew struts much quicker than expected.

With this being a "muscle car", having a slightly higher profile wouldn't be to abnormal...Any thoughts? Overall longevity of my suspension is a big concern. Lowering vehicles have just left me with a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth based on past experiences.

I used to feel that way in the past, lowering cars always created complications... But when I lowered this car and did some suspension work, this car took it like a champ and rides better than stock
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

I used to feel that way in the past, lowering cars always created complications... But when I lowered this car and did some suspension work, this car took it like a champ and rides better than stock
+1000. A good set of springs and dampeners with some MM plates makes a world of difference. Feels the way a car like this should from the factory. Anyway, congrats on the new ride, shes a beauty! Gotta love the black!
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

did you lower it on stock shocks and struts? if so that was your problem...Might also be the fact it was a honda...lol...

This car is the same way, keeping the stock shocks and struts will give you a worse ride quality and also wear them out quickly making it worse and worse as time goes on. Get a good set of shocks and struts intended to take that abuse and you'll be fine.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke

+1 but I like the 13 tailights .

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Nice pony . love that black
Lol, the lights are what I don't like about them.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
did you lower it on stock shocks and struts? if so that was your problem...Might also be the fact it was a honda...lol...

This car is the same way, keeping the stock shocks and struts will give you a worse ride quality and also wear them out quickly making it worse and worse as time goes on. Get a good set of shocks and struts intended to take that abuse and you'll be fine.
Nosympathy,
Ya, they were stock struts with Eibach springs. Actually, they ended up holding out for about 2 years in that configuration. Then the struts blew on the front along with 2 cracked motor mounts. I'm sure you are correct about upgrading the struts though.

Break, Break,

Anyone here have any pics of tires with a little larger side profile? Just trying to see how it would look w/o lowering her and increasing the side profile slightly...along with slightly larger width rubber.

Thanks again!
Thriller

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos