My 350Z :D - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Yeah lol the list of what this car needed was pretty long IMO. Clutch needed, reverse was grinding bad, mildew galore under seats in seats in carpet the seatbelts when pulled back were everywhere on it. The rear bumper needed fixed, green paint was coming through the yellow paint, the top needed replaced. Lol I could've fixed all that but still how would I get all that mold out?? Performance wise I downgraded but financial wise I think I did good as I was about to part out car as I could only get 4k for it. I would've just kept sinking money into it not going anywhere. So far crossing my fingers nothing is wrong with this one. I'm weary of the new paint, and a little odds and ends need fixed but everything checks out and it seems pretty clean. And I am out of a salvage title!
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #37
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
Yeah lol the list of what this car needed was pretty long IMO. Clutch needed, reverse was grinding bad, mildew galore under seats in seats in carpet the seatbelts when pulled back were everywhere on it. The rear bumper needed fixed, green paint was coming through the yellow paint, the top needed replaced. Lol I could've fixed all that but still how would I get all that mold out?? Performance wise I downgraded but financial wise I think I did good as I was about to part out car as I could only get 4k for it. I would've just kept sinking money into it not going anywhere. So far crossing my fingers nothing is wrong with this one. I'm weary of the new paint, and a little odds and ends need fixed but everything checks out and it seems pretty clean. And I am out of a salvage title!
The most important thing is that you're happy, regardless of others opinions.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

The most important thing is that you're happy, regardless of others opinions.
Thanks. So what's Is you alls opionions of the paint? Is it bad? I kinda like it it changes colors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #39
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:

Thanks. So what's Is you alls opionions of the paint? Is it bad? I kinda like it it changes colors.
I wouldn't say bad, I just don't like some of the colors in the mix
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

I wouldn't say bad, I just don't like some of the colors in the mix
Lol me too. Thing is when u get on top of e car it's actually blue. But to the side and sun hits it it changes. It's unique lol. I know not everyone's Cup of tea buts it's unique I could do without the interior paint.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #41
Road Trip!

Region: California
Think about it this way. If somebody doesn't like the color, tell them to take a step to the left lol
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Everyone has different opinions and most think its ricey bein that its usually only on imports. If it didnt have the pink and purple mixed in id like it lol but only your opinion matters
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

I think it looks awesome and given all the problems you list with your previous car it sounds like you did good. Ignore all the negative people. Congrats!
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish
I think it looks awesome and given all the problems you list with your previous car it sounds like you did good. Ignore all the negative people. Congrats!
Yeah I don't know how some people can say it's a "downgrade". His cobra was trashed. Now he has a nice, reliable car. Definitely not a downgrade. I like that color btw, very different.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks the pictures don't do it justice. It's cool in person. Ill have a nother mustang for sure one day again. ).
Old 08-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #46
ME Bloodhound
Staff

The 350Z is an import I really respect... And OP at first I did too think it was a downgrade but then I saw those pictures of the cobras rear and interior and you said what was wrong with the drivetrain and the speakers and such and now I am thinking you made a very wise decision. I do like the color btw, very nice.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
The paint isn't ricey, it comes factory on some cobras, that paint is actually pretty expensive
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #48
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
Think about it this way. If somebody doesn't like the color, tell them to take a step to the left lol
Lol
Old 08-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Considering your Cobra was thoroughly trashed, I would say you did quite well.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Considering your Cobra was thoroughly trashed, I would say you did quite well.
AGREED!
Nasty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks now my question is why did he want it so much? Lol
Old 08-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Who needs manual when you can have both auto and semi auto Matic. Haven't tried it yet lol. Seems strange to shift without clutching.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-573414721.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	414.3 KB
ID:	125031  
Old 08-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #53
Road Trip!

Quote:
Who needs manual when you can have both auto and semi auto Matic. Haven't tried it yet lol. Seems strange to shift without clutching.
My moms Jeep has that, she doesn't use it
Old 08-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

My moms Jeep has that, she doesn't use it
How's it work?
Old 08-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #55
Road Trip!

Quote:

How's it work?
On hers to shift down you just move the shift handle to the " minus" and to shift up mice it to the "plus". You can down shift all way to 1st
Old 08-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I called him he said can't wash for two weeks. He said the reason why clutch was whining cause its a performance whining clutch lol.... I know its the throw out bearing I told him that lol. He said he likes the car
Old 08-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Nice trade but what's up with the junk yard chalk writing on the intake cover? Have you car faxed it yet?
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Yep. I carfaxed it. 2 owner clean and clear. No accidents or anything. Last owner owned it from 2007 till now. It runs and drives perfect. Think it has different engine??
Old 08-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Haha. You did good Brandon! An excellent trade. I like the color, on that car. And, if I remember correctly, that paint is not cheap. If you keep making trades like that, in few years you'll be rolling around in a 5.0. Congratulations!!!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:56 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Haha. You did good Brandon! An excellent trade. I like the color, on that car. And, if I remember correctly, that paint is not cheap. If you keep making trades like that, in few years you'll be rolling around in a 5.0. Congratulations!!!
Thanks man. I even look at the pics and notice when people say I don't like the color. The reason why is it doesn't stay that same color lol. You can get I front of car look down on hood and see blue all around the car. Look to the side and its purplish lol. It's pretty color. He said they painted it last Tuesday for 2k. There is also a tcs and Vdc button on the car. When I talked to him today he said there was a race mode button left bottom below steering wheel. I was like lol? Guessing tcs means traction control? It does make it seem little bit quicker though who knows what Vcd means? This car also has secret compartments everywhere lol. I'm checking tommorow but there's one underneath the glovebox and one under the passenger rear floor. It raises up. I really enjoy this car. Not as much power as the cobra but quick turns and pretty fast acceleration. Plus it's a DOHC!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
They handle pretty good too
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Montana
They are nice cars. I almost bought one when I was a consultant. I had to carry plans and the Z trunk was not much bigger than the Stangs glove box so that was the end of that.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There is also a tcs and Vdc button on the car. When I talked to him today he said there was a race mode button left bottom below steering wheel. I was like lol? Guessing tcs means traction control? It does make it seem little bit quicker though who knows what Vcd means?
VCD = Vehicle Dynamics Control - like advancetrac or any other "brand" name for stability control. They just get two seperate buttons instead of one in the new mustang where how you push it (or how many times) changes things. Here's an article on it.

HowStuffWorks "350Z Rear Suspension and the VDC"
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish View Post

VCD = Vehicle Dynamics Control - like advancetrac or any other "brand" name for stability control. They just get two seperate buttons instead of one in the new mustang where how you push it (or how many times) changes things. Here's an article on it.

HowStuffWorks "350Z Rear Suspension and the VDC"
Thanks. I have alot to learn about this new car. I miss the simplicity of my 99 cobra lol. No buttons other than fog light, vert top, and trac control. I've never been around a car with so many gauges and pods everywhere.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

So I checked Craigslist. Found my car for sale. He's asking 6500 for his. I also used guys name and found out what my car looked like before and after paint. Tell me watcha think bout the paint??
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2271912435.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	125265   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2552172244.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	125266  

Name:	image-3507935089.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	125267   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-219098110.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	125268  

Old 08-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

+1
++++++1, epic fail. Would have kept the cobra n replaced interior before selling out to turd rocket, sorry just my 2 cents worth
Krazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

So the top pic is the before of the 350? I like that paint. It goes well with the car. Your going to have to be careful about dings and such though. It will be a royal pain to fix. And expensive. I'd start looking to trade up again. You seem to have a talent for it. That car was a good deal for you, in my opinion, for what you had to trade and give in cash. Awesome score!!!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:46 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

Thanks man. I even look at the pics and notice when people say I don't like the color. The reason why is it doesn't stay that same color lol. You can get I front of car look down on hood and see blue all around the car. Look to the side and its purplish lol. It's pretty color. He said they painted it last Tuesday for 2k. There is also a tcs and Vdc button on the car. When I talked to him today he said there was a race mode button left bottom below steering wheel. I was like lol? Guessing tcs means traction control? It does make it seem little bit quicker though who knows what Vcd means? This car also has secret compartments everywhere lol. I'm checking tommorow but there's one underneath the glovebox and one under the passenger rear floor. It raises up. I really enjoy this car. Not as much power as the cobra but quick turns and pretty fast acceleration. Plus it's a DOHC!
Wait till the VTEC kicks in yo! Lmao
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep. I carfaxed it. 2 owner clean and clear. No accidents or anything. Last owner owned it from 2007 till now. It runs and drives perfect. Think it has different engine??
In the silver Z pic, the door looks to have been repainted as it doesn't seem to match the rest of the car. That combined with the junkyard writing on the intake cover and the fact that the Z was traded for a trashed Mustang that retailed for much less than the Z, at night in what seems to be a quick sign and grab, adds up to the possibility of something not being right with the car.

I would start checking for misaligned body panels, paint that doesn't quite match (engine bay, door jams, bolts that should have been painted over but weren't), etc.

Just because a carfax doesn't show any damage, doesn't mean it wasn't totaled or thoroughly broken before. Not all auto body repair or dealers report to carfax or their sources. So something may have slipped through.

I know several used car dealerships that purchase wrecked cars at auction that have clean and clear carfax reports, fix the cars themselves and sell them as clean and clear cars with a carfax showing that it has never been in an accident.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Man, I hope you have good streets. I saw a 350Z in the body shop yesterday, front bumper was destroyed!! Looks like it was lowered guys there said it sat 1.5 inches off the ground on all 4's. nice looking little unit but man our streets here would destroy that poor car.
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos