Carbon Fiber Boss Strut Brace - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Carbon Fiber Boss Strut Brace

Who has modified their Strut Braces? Post some pics and ideas.
Switching over to the Boss IM, had to get a new strut brace to replace the GT brace. Instead of paying top $ for a brand new one, I bought one with some scratches for 1/2 price. Couple of dollars worth of materials and we have a Carbon Fiber tower brace that will go nicely with the rest of the carbon fiber on the car. Still undecided on what to do to the ends, CF wrap, blacken, paint SMG to match the car or leave like they are.

2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Switching over to the Boss IM, had to get a new strut brace to replace the GT brace. Instead of paying top $ for a brand new one, I bought one with some scratches for 1/2 price. Couple of dollars worth of materials and we have a Carbon Fiber tower brace that will go nicely with the rest of the carbon fiber on the car.
Very nice!
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Who has modified their Strut Braces? Post some pics and ideas. Switching over to the Boss IM, had to get a new strut brace to replace the GT brace. Instead of paying top $ for a brand new one, I bought one with some scratches for 1/2 price. Couple of dollars worth of materials and we have a Carbon Fiber tower brace that will go nicely with the rest of the carbon fiber on the car. Still undecided on what to do to the ends, CF wrap, blacken, paint SMG to match the car or leave like they are.

Awesome... You did a great job, let us know how it holds up under all the heat under good because I would be interested in doing this
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
let us know how it holds up under all the heat under good because I would be interested in doing this
Will do. I use the 3M wrap that is great stuff. I have it on some other things (camo) that are subject to a LOT of heat and elements and it has held up great over time. I would expect this to be able to handle this. I will update if it has problems tho.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Old 09-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
That looks great! I'm also gathering parts to upgrade to the Boss IM, picking up my BMR black hammertone strut brace later today... But I would suggest getting the ends painted black, last week I was just messing around with plastidip just to see what my stock one would look like and it looks pretty good... I'm not suggesting u stay with plastidip, but it's not a bad idea to try it first to see if u want to stay that color... Here is my stock (for sale FYI, for those who are looking for one)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-384263412.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	129758   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3315172855.png
Views:	220
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	129759  

Name:	image-3997185335.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	129760   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-419711248.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	129761  

gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

That looks sick GTStyles. That bay looks perfect. I tend to agree, I am thinking the ends should be flat black. Everything in our bay will be Flat black, Carbon Fiber & SMG with some oSu orange mixed in. Only the coil cover lettering and boss lettering will be silver.
Here some of the stuff laid out on the garage floor looks.

I have done most that I need too on the '65 so all of these parts are sitting waiting on the '13 to return to the stable. WIth the cool weekend, I may go wear some tread off the back of the old horse.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
That looks sick GTStyles. That bay looks perfect. I tend to agree, I am thinking the ends should be flat black. Everything in our bay will be Flat black, Carbon Fiber & SMG with some oSu orange mixed in. Only the coil cover lettering and boss lettering will be silver. Here some of the stuff laid out on the garage floor looks. I have done most that I need too on the '65 so all of these parts are sitting waiting on the '13 to return to the stable. WIth the cool weekend, I may go wear some tread off the back of the old horse.
Wow that looks awesome!! Jelly!! I'm waiting as I can afford to gather all the parts and install at the same time, just got the strutbar, now I'm waiting to get the foam insulator, then I'll get the Boss IM and bring it all together... This thread is making me wanna pull the trigger sooner than later !!
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I customized mine a little :p
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3364038654.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	499.1 KB
ID:	129765  
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Switching over to the Boss IM, had to get a new strut brace to replace the GT brace. Instead of paying top $ for a brand new one, I bought one with some scratches for 1/2 price. Couple of dollars worth of materials and we have a Carbon Fiber tower brace that will go nicely with the rest of the carbon fiber on the car. Still undecided on what to do to the ends, CF wrap, blacken, paint SMG to match the car or leave like they are.
Wow that looks awesome! Mind if I ask where you got the materials from? Especially the logo?
Shockesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mind if I ask where you got the materials from? Especially the logo?
Tons of colors even mettalic
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320636872757...84.m1439.l2649

This is what I used: anthracite which is grey
5ft x 1ft 3M 1080 CF201 Carbon Fiber Anthracite Gray Vinyl Car Wrap Bubble Free | eBay

Quote:
I customized mine a little :p
We were wanting to go that route, but could only find the Steeda in that style for the Boss IM. I like the open look of that brace.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Where'd you get the ford racing logo sticker from?
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Where'd you get the ford racing logo sticker from?
The link to the sticker is in post #10 just above your post
Old 10-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The link to the sticker is in post #10 just above your post
Thanks for the great idea. What a difference this makes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo1.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	716.5 KB
ID:	131255  
Old 10-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I had to run out in my garage to see if ours was still there! LOL Looks awesome Shockesh!
Old 10-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Mine is modded as well :p
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1862883586.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	535.9 KB
ID:	131280  
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I had to run out in my garage to see if ours was still there! LOL Looks awesome Shockesh!
Well yours is orange and mine is red. Lol I did kind of steal yours. Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos