Getting back on the forums, Finaly got a vid of my GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2013, 03:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Getting back on the forums, Finaly got a vid of my GT

well, been a while since I've been on here, had a TON come up lately lol

been doing some work to my GT here and there, just fixed the oil pan, replaced the gas tank filler neck seal, redid some stuff on the interior, retuned it..things of that nature.

I traded it off over this weekend for about 6 hours until I found out the car I traded for was a total POS and the dude lied about a lot.. so I loaded his broke down POS onto the trailer and took it back to his doorstep and trailered my mustang back.. lol

anyways, heres the vid, nothing spectacular, just a light take off.

I've got some plans for it this winter lemme know any ideas you guys have. I'm thinking 5 speed conversion, and might build a new 302 for it with carb and a weiand supercharger.
Attached Files
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 03:24 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
what did you trade for... what did he lie about... your lucky he traded back most people would have told you to f uc k off lol
Mustangman705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I traded for a 97 eclipse rs, it drove fine for test drive and bringing back to my house from out of town.. went to fire it back up and nothing.. started fiddling with it and found out the wiring was all hacked jobbed, and that was likely the problem. and once I got it up in the air I saw it was just rotted out underneath and in areas that you couldn't see without being under it.. just a ton of s**t under the surface you know?
either way, we didn't sign our titles in front of a notary so regardless it wouldn't have mattered. the mustang was still technically legally mine, and the eclipse his. but after I called him out on all the excuses and bulls**t, he realized that in that instance I had him by the short and curlys and we handled it like civilized men. problem solved, and now I'm not getting rid of my GT for s**t lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

If anything, itll be a good story for the kids/grandkids given I still have the car tucked away in the garage or something.. everyones got some hotrod story about an old car.. something tells me this'll be mine lol
live and learn man.. I learned not to get rid of another mustang by choice.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

+1 good monday morning story
Varasios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Good story and def live and learn. You are really lucky, if he was any sort of smart he would have done a notarized bill of sale and signed the title and you would have been completely and totally ufcked. Hell, even if you had signed the title in the seller block you'd have probably been screwed. I learned the hard way to take a pair of coveralls whenever I go look at a vehicle and crawl all under that thing. At a dealer I make them put it on a lift and if they won't I walk out the door.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Meh. I would have stuck you with it. Bill of sale and signed title is all i've ever used.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Meh. I would have stuck you with it. Bill of sale and signed title is all i've ever used.
That's what I'm saying. If someone says "this trade is good" and drives off and then comes back in however many hours demanding the trade be undone... sorry. I mean if the guy lied his *** off that is one thing but you have to treat every single trade like the person you are trading with is lying his *** off and cover your own ***.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
Road Trip!

I have only ever signed the ownership over to make a deal, they don't care about a receipt or anything other then that signature on the back of the registration when I go to register a car in my name...

and an eclipse... ugggh happy you got the mustang back haha never give up on it, with all the issues I run into with mine I have already decided to keep it for the long run, its yours you know whats done to it, what needs to be done and every car has its ups and downs.. but a eclipse over a mustang... shesh what were you thinking
Old 10-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Please post accordingly..........moved.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

You sign a notarized bill of sale so if the opposite party tries to pull any **** you are legally covered. Also in case the person who buys the car from you goes driving without registering/insuring it or something and its still showing registered in your name before you can cancel/change it you have actual paperwork saying you sold the car at X date and X time and anything that happened after that is not you.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #12
Road Trip!

hah in Canada they just take the signed registration from the previous owner and toss it in the garbage and print you off a new ownership for that vehicle
Old 10-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

yeah, I was looking for better gas mileage and such for the winter.
we've got a lemon law in ohio, and because the titles were signed but not witnessed, they weren't legal. but after I finally got through to him, like I said, we were able to handle it civilly and all was well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos