!STANCE! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-21-2014, 10:49 PM   #36
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Well I'm definitely not a fan. Stretched tires look like **** and only succeed in making it extremely easy to curb a wheel. Please tell you aren't gonna camber the **** out of it?
Would need IRS to camber the rears anyway.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2014, 10:53 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Would need IRS to camber the rears anyway.
I actually know a guy who cambered his SRA. He had some axles custom made with what he called "beehive" ends that allowed them to camber in about 1°. But he purpose built it for Auto X and HPDE events
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #38

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Normally i don't like the whole stance thing, but yours is pulling it off better than most. So no hate here. The main thing that was getting me is that its stretched up front and not in the back. I'm OCD so i like things to be equal lol. Do you have instagram? There are a few Mustangs that come in mind when i think of what you are doing. Most of them are on bags though.

Thanks man and I'm used to getting hate lol so don't worry and my Instagram is the same as my name and I wanted to run some semi slicks on the rear and keep the super wide look but I ended up just going 295 which actually is a little small but I think I'm going to run 255s on the rear next time because I really do love the stretch with the concave Saleens

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Low and fitted 02 vert. Lowered on racelands with matching camber plates. Steeda bumpsteer and ball joints. On white Saleen rims 18x10 all the way around wrapped in 245/40/18 and 295/35/18. MGW race shifter with a custom white gt knob. Carbon Driven gauge cover and fog bezels. Cobra bumper. Straight piped. spectra ram air. bbk adj clutch cable. 2 12" kenwoods and a 165db 3 note train horn with a 1.5gl air tank.
LowPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #39

Quote:
Well I'm definitely not a fan. Stretched tires look like **** and only succeed in making it extremely easy to curb a wheel. Please tell you aren't gonna camber the **** out of it?

I'm not running huge camber but I am running about 2 degrees in order to get a better turning radius due to my fenders. But it's a whole different crowd and I understand why some hate it and I'm the first person who will tell you how useless lowered stanced cars are because I own one and it's a slow and low money pit

Low and fitted 02 vert. Lowered on racelands with matching camber plates. Steeda bumpsteer and ball joints. On white Saleen rims 18x10 all the way around wrapped in 245/40/18 and 295/35/18. MGW race shifter with a custom white gt knob. Carbon Driven gauge cover and fog bezels. Cobra bumper. Straight piped. spectra ram air. bbk adj clutch cable. 2 12" kenwoods and a 165db 3 note train horn with a 1.5gl air tank.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPony View Post
I'm not running huge camber but I am running about 2 degrees in order to get a better turning radius due to my fenders. But it's a whole different crowd and I understand why some hate it and I'm the first person who will tell you how useless lowered stanced cars are because I own one and it's a slow and low money pit

Alright cool, as long as you don't start getting into the 4°-5° range then it's good in my book
Old 09-22-2014, 06:26 PM   #41

Quote:
Alright cool, as long as you don't start getting into the 4°-5° range then it's good in my book

Haha yeah I love a good stance car though. My brother is running about 5 on the rear of his soon to be bagged mk6 2.5l golf

Old 09-22-2014, 06:29 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I've had a lot bagged vehicles and never have I heard of someone chambering a sold axle....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rollins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:31 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollins7 View Post
I've had a lot bagged vehicles and never have I heard of someone chambering a sold axle....

I still don't understand how it's done. It's gotta cost more to get it to do what you want than swapping an irs

Old 09-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollins7 View Post

Essentially he narrowed the ends of the axles so that they allow for it to tilt. I don't kow how that works with the wheel bearings though.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I still don't understand how it's done. It's gotta cost more to get it to do what you want than swapping an irs

He doesn't like the IRS and he already custom built a torque arm and Panhard bar setup for the car long before he ever got those axles
Old 09-22-2014, 06:51 PM   #46
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
I ran a stretch up front so I could keep the wide tire and I'm aiming for having the first fitted and flush mustang because iv honestly never seen one. And I know the stance seen Is frowned upon and mustangs are hated by stance guys but I'm building my car for me so I don't care.
Stance as a whole isn't frowned upon. It's when you camber the s*** out of it, super stretch the tires and make the car nearly undriveable that people start give you the funny looks and wonder what you were thinking haha. Slammed, flush, and a slight camber can look good if done right, and it's still functional.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Stance as a whole isn't frowned upon. It's when you camber the s*** out of it, super stretch the tires and make the car nearly undriveable that people start give you the funny looks and wonder what you were thinking haha. Slammed, flush, and a slight camber can look good if done right, and it's still functional.
mines still functional just to a certain extent. Like I live on the edge of metro atlanta and we have a lot of road bikers around where i live and because of the way the roads are designed in order to keep from standing water occurring i will scrape heavy on the middle of the road so its hard to pass them and of course i can't do any speed bumps really besides the long sidewalk ones, and i can only go to specific shops to get alignment done and other random things i can't do myself.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #48
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
mines still functional just to a certain extent. Like I live on the edge of metro atlanta and we have a lot of road bikers around where i live and because of the way the roads are designed in order to keep from standing water occurring i will scrape heavy on the middle of the road so its hard to pass them and of course i can't do any speed bumps really besides the long sidewalk ones, and i can only go to specific shops to get alignment done and other random things i can't do myself.
Yeah, I just mean if you can't get over certain speed bumps or get into certain driveways, it's whatever. But if you only have 5° of steering range, or you're only using half of your tire contact patch, you may have gone too far haha. So far, yours is looking great. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Sent from the Death Star.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:14 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Yeah, I just mean if you can't get over certain speed bumps or get into certain driveways, it's whatever. But if you only have 5° of steering range, or you're only using half of your tire contact patch, you may have gone too far haha. So far, yours is looking great. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Sent from the Death Star.

Thanks man and looks wise it won't change much more besides the spacers going back on the rear with either it cut and flared or just pulled and the front will go back down 3/4 an inch. And I'm going to put a termi spoiler on but besides that I'm pretty much done on the outside lol. Next comes interior and saving for a single turbo build

Old 09-22-2014, 09:55 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks man and looks wise it won't change much more besides the spacers going back on the rear with either it cut and flared or just pulled and the front will go back down 3/4 an inch. And I'm going to put a termi spoiler on but besides that I'm pretty much done on the outside lol. Next comes interior and saving for a single turbo build

That poor chin spoiler isn't gonna last long at all. You're around a 3" drop roght?
Old 09-22-2014, 09:59 PM   #51

Almost four when I'm all the way down and it's a Mach chin on a termi bumper so it's half an inch lower.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Almost four when I'm all the way down and it's a Mach chin on a termi bumper so it's half an inch lower.

Damn, I feel sorry for your control arm angle, mine is already bad as it is and I'm nowhere near that. I didnt realize those Raceland coilovers could get that low. I would almost stick with the Mach 1 lip so that you're not tossing $300 down the drain every time you trash a terminator lip.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:10 PM   #53

Old 09-22-2014, 10:11 PM   #54

Quote:
Damn, I feel sorry for your control arm angle, mine is already bad as it is and I'm nowhere near that. I didnt realize those Raceland coilovers could get that low. I would almost stick with the Mach 1 lip so that you're not tossing $300 down the drain every time you trash a terminator lip.

It honestly pisses me off that termi lips are 300 and Mach lips are 60 it's less rubber/plastic why is it 240 more

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos