NASCAR Racing Experience! Ah! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: California
NASCAR Racing Experience! Ah!

Here's the video from when I drove the NASCAR race car in Fontana

It was a great experience, Even though in the video it looks slow, But I was doing 155mph after the 3rd lap (They allow you go to higher RPM after the first and 2nd lap, Then at 3rd lap you hit the max RPM) It's governed at 5,000 RPM, So 4,900 is max they let you get it up to.

When I heard only 155... I thought I do that all the time with my car, But then when I actually drove it, I had no regrets whatsoever, Completely different feel, Especially in the slope turns at 150+MPH with those huge tires.

RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You sure you were going 155? Lol.
Great experience it would be! I was checking the dates on the link you provided on the other thread. If I recall here in Texas its until sometime 2015 or late this year; the downer though its a long drive for me.
But its not daily one drives a NASCAR race car.

I'm looking to do the Ford Racing school some day.

You need to know the rules, to break the rules
Old 10-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
You sure you were going 155? Lol.
Great experience it would be! I was checking the dates on the link you provided on the other thread. If I recall here in Texas its until sometime 2015 or late this year; the downer though its a long drive for me.
But its not daily one drives a NASCAR race car.

4th gear @ 4,900 RPM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2014, 06:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

You and me both. I want that as my College Graduation gift.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGotti View Post
4th gear @ 4,900 RPM

I was just joking with ya lol. Nice they even gave you a certificate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
You and me both. I want that as my College Graduation gift.
Nice graduation gift! Which one are you thinking of doing? 1 day 2 day 3 day etc?
I wanted a month or at least 2 1/2 weeks in Spain as my graduation gift, but I'll be also happy with the Ford Racing school haa

Old 10-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was just joking with ya lol. Nice they even gave you a certificate!

Nice graduation gift! Which one are you thinking of doing? 1 day 2 day 3 day etc?
I wanted a month or at least 2 1/2 weeks in Spain as my graduation gift, but I'll be also happy with the Ford Racing school haa

Thinking of the 2 day one. That way I can get in the FR500S, and I learn more, the price for what you get is reasonable I think. Of course the flight, hotel, and food have to be factored in.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:36 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

150mph in a corner is so much different than 150 in a straight line. That's why I'm building my car for road racing.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thinking of the 2 day one. That way I can get in the FR500S, and I learn more, the price for what you get is reasonable I think. Of course the flight, hotel, and food have to be factored in.
Yeah the price seems reasonable. I would ditch the flight and drive over there; I'll take driving over a plane any day, I love road trips.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

Find a local road course and take yours, I'm looking into doing some road racing next year. No better feeling than doing it in your own car. (Unless it's a super car of course). I'll probably start with smaller name tracks then maybe Infineon and then Laguna Seca.

HID end all thread
Old 10-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah the price seems reasonable. I would ditch the flight and drive over there; I'll take driving over a plane any day, I love road trips.
Driving over would be nice, depends if parents would want to come. I don't like driving knowing that they are probably watching me. Idk why, just don't. Also, I can't use mine in the Driving School, only Manuals can be used, which makes sense.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Find a local road course and take yours, I'm looking into doing some road racing next year. No better feeling than doing it in your own car. (Unless it's a super car of course). I'll probably start with smaller name tracks then maybe Infineon and then Laguna Seca.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I'd have to use sport mode though, leaving it in drive would probably be stupid on a track.

Eventually I'll get an S197, any year manual GT, and make it into a weekend/track car.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I was thinking about building mine for a course, but since I got an auto don't see the point and with sport mode I don't think it's the best of options imo. At some point in the future though, I would like building one for a course.

Quote:
Yeah, that's a good idea. I'd have to use sport mode though, leaving it in drive would probably be stupid on a track.

Eventually I'll get an S197, any year manual GT, and make it into a weekend/track car.
Or you can pay a fee to use soccerluvr's
Old 10-16-2014, 10:29 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Or you can pay a fee to use soccerluvr's
By the time that happens my car will probably have 600+ horsepower and a race spec suspension lol.

HID end all thread
Old 10-16-2014, 10:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Exactly. That's why I want a manual mustang, better for the track, and I rephrase that, any manual S197 GT, or, the car that started it all for me, and I can thank NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 for this, the 2000 SVT Cobra R.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
By the time that happens my car will probably have 600+ horsepower and a race spec suspension lol.
I like the way you think. By that time, I'll probably have a project S197 GT, if i don't keep my resolve to save up for the new Camaro SS 1LE equivalent when they bring the new generation, or the C7 and throw in an LS7 like I want.

Is the LS7 swap going to be cost effective, heck no, but it's a frickin 427 into a Vette...
Old 10-17-2014, 10:41 AM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
150mph in a corner is so much different than 150 in a straight line. That's why I'm building my car for road racing.

^ This!

My suspension is fully upgraded now, I just need some tires that will prevent me from sliding when taking sharp turns and I'll be good to do!
Old 10-17-2014, 12:31 PM   #17
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
^ This!

My suspension is fully upgraded now, I just need some tires that will prevent me from sliding when taking sharp turns and I'll be good to do!

Define "fully upgraded"...... I'm sure there is still plenty left to do.

HID end all thread
Old 10-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Quote:
Define "fully upgraded"...... I'm sure there is still plenty left to do.

I'm sure there is, But I believe I did a good job in the mean time.

(Eibach Springs, Steeda UCA, J&M LCA, J&M Panhard Rod, Eibach Sway Bars, Eibach Pro-Damper Shocks & Struts)
Old 10-17-2014, 12:43 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm sure there is, But I believe I did a good job in the mean time.

(Eibach Springs, Steeda UCA, J&M LCA, J&M Panhard Rod, Eibach Sway Bars, Eibach Pro-Damper Shocks & Struts)
Watts link?
Old 10-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:
Watts link?
I don't see any for a convertible.

I think the only thing I'm really missing is the Steeda X11 Ball Joints.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #21
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Watts link and SLA conversion. also need some aerodynamics mods

HID end all thread
Old 10-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Quote:
Watts link and SLA conversion. also need some aerodynamics mods

Alright, alright. I won't use "Fully upgraded" next time, Geez. I'm done with the suspension mods though, All I need is my new rims and new tires and I'll be good to go.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

lol damn man. Life time experience right thurr..
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I did it at charlotte motor speedway with my dad and it was definitely an experience. The first time I went into a corner at around 120+ by the end of the turn I was probable doin like 70-80 without even realizing it but after a few corners you trust the car more and I was able to keep it at 140-150 during the turn.

Our instructor told us that you can literally top the cars out at 150 and never let off throughout the track and the car will handle it fine. They also had the professional driver doing the ride along and he was driving people doing around 175 while we were on the track. Crazy on the straightaway going like 145 only to have your spotter tell you to drop low because your about to be passed and a few seconds latter a car flies by you like your not even moving. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
I did it at charlotte motor speedway with my dad and it was definitely an experience. The first time I went into a corner at around 120+ by the end of the turn I was probable doin like 70-80 without even realizing it but after a few corners you trust the car more and I was able to keep it at 140-150 during the turn.

Our instructor told us that you can literally top the cars out at 150 and never let off throughout the track and the car will handle it fine. They also had the professional driver doing the ride along and he was driving people doing around 175 while we were on the track. Crazy on the straightaway going like 145 only to have your spotter tell you to drop low because your about to be passed and a few seconds latter a car flies by you like your not even moving. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I didn't slow down on purpose lol, It was instinct =P, But yeah, Looks like you know what I mean by taking the corners at 150, That feeling was awesome, Wasn't it?

I didn't get passed, Because there was no other cars on the track XD. The other 2 cars that you see about to merge, Didn't actually merge... So I had the whole track to myself pretty much for 8 minutes.

I want to go for a ride along, They take it up to 187mph actually ;o

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos