New rims... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2008, 03:07 PM   #36

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: New rims...

i personally like the old rims better. i think these shouldve been bigger but you definitely definitely need to get those springs on.. lol and whats up w the tint job? black n blue looks good but black blue n purple do not go together....
speed97racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2008, 07:54 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed97racer View Post
i personally like the old rims better. i think these shouldve been bigger but you definitely definitely need to get those springs on.. lol and whats up w the tint job? black n blue looks good but black blue n purple do not go together....
the tint was on the car when I got it. I was planning on Mach C-pillars, which have different quarter glass, so no point in retinting the stock quarter windows.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #38

ooh got ya. wait so what do the mach c pillars look like?
speed97racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed97racer View Post
ooh got ya. wait so what do the mach c pillars look like?
they are similar, but they cut towards the front of the car more so it lines up with the scoop instead of just randomly ending on the side.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 10-10-2008, 09:20 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

I know he said no more pics til it was lowered... but I've been doing some projects...

Here are the Cobra mirrors I painted... wet sanding tomorrow, and polishing.

FR500 wheel

Cobra mirror mounting plate... gloss black:

Old 10-10-2008, 10:42 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

The paint looks nicely done man.

However, I dont know if the angle of the pic but does your steering wheel match your interior?
Old 10-10-2008, 10:58 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh View Post
The paint looks nicely done man.

However, I dont know if the angle of the pic but does your steering wheel match your interior?
you know, I'm not sure... I put it in in the dark tonight I've heard from some people that it's "black"... but it looks rather dark charcoal ish to me. In any situation, I really like it.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:47 AM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Enjoy.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

these are just loose fits. I haven't wet sanded or polished yet. I hate the waiting to make sure they're dry enough

Old 10-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #45
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Where did you get the shift boot from?
Old 10-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Where did you get the shift boot from?
ummm... let me see if I can get the link.
Shift boot store - RedlineGoods leather shift boots

I also have the e-brake boot... but I'm going to change it. I don't like the carbon fiber. I'm planning on the blue and then some dark charcoal leather. When I get my new tranny, I'm gonna go with a leather shifter just like I have, but leather where there's carbon fiber. The leather is very good quality.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #47
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Ok, that's the place I had bookmarked already. Thinking about the same type of thing for the 81 if I decide to keep it manual.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:37 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I got my shift boot, e-brake boot, and console lid cover from them. Very good quality.

And like I said on 3.8, if you get excited over a picture of a painted cobra mirror...I could have satisfied that a long time ago lol.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I got my shift boot, e-brake boot, and console lid cover from them. Very good quality.

And like I said on 3.8, if you get excited over a picture of a painted cobra mirror...I could have satisfied that a long time ago lol.
yeah, but these are MINE

Old 10-11-2008, 04:46 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

not feeling it. Sonic Blue is too classy a color to pull off that "raced out" look IMO. Plus i severely hate black rims w/polished lip.

id put the old rims back on, made the car look super clean. now it just looks trashy. It works on my car cause theres no ugly polished lip, and the stance is so aggressive, and ven then i would still love to do CCW's when i get the money.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yes, I know... car... dirty.

Anyway, now I'm thinking of painting the spoiler glossy black, along with the wiper cowl. I think with the car lowered and those painted, I would jizz every time I went to get in the car. Let me know what you guys think.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:21 PM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
not feeling it. Sonic Blue is too classy a color to pull off that "raced out" look IMO. Plus i severely hate black rims w/polished lip.

id put the old rims back on, made the car look super clean. now it just looks trashy. It works on my car cause theres no ugly polished lip, and the stance is so aggressive, and ven then i would still love to do CCW's when i get the money.
I actually hate your rims. No offense or anything, but I just hate all black rims. I think the black and blue is awesome.

Old 10-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

Thomas I have always wanted to save for a set of CCW's and have them powdercoated Gloss Black. I think that look with the cobra look(on either generation) would be the sex.

Jim I would paint those things and see if you can tie the black in some more with smoked tails and headlights. Maybe try and find a small black vinyl you like for the hood. Something that sits on top of the scoop only with like "289" cut out of it in 2 of the corners.

Or look aty this hood stripe...

Paint your scoop, add that stripe, lower it. That on top of your original ideas of painter spoiler and cowl cover with smoked tails and lights..mhmm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hoodstripe2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	19761  
Old 10-11-2008, 07:12 PM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy

in the spring, I plan on a Terminator hood and front bumper. The hood will have black accents, as will the front bumper So I don't want to go through all that trouble for 3 months of awesome, ya' know?

Old 10-12-2008, 01:17 AM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

Looks good man. I like the wheels on there. Will look much better when lowered, but I agree with Josh. the black needs to tie more into the outside of the car. Tinted tails are a great idea and smoked headlights would help. The accents on the termi hood will definitely help. Maybe paint the center part of the lower rear bumper black too.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:47 AM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
Looks good man. I like the wheels on there. Will look much better when lowered, but I agree with Josh. the black needs to tie more into the outside of the car. Tinted tails are a great idea and smoked headlights would help. The accents on the termi hood will definitely help. Maybe paint the center part of the lower rear bumper black too.
I want tinted tails and smoked clear corner headlights. Also tinted 3rd brake light, but I figure I can wait until I get the Termi spoiler to do that. I'm planning on getting a Termi rear bumper, and there's some black on that

Old 10-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #57
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
I actually hate your rims. No offense or anything, but I just hate all black rims. I think the black and blue is awesome.
+1 with everything except the black and blue is awesome. Black rims in general suck, but, neither car are my car.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
+1 with everything except the black and blue is awesome. Black rims in general suck, but, neither car are my car.
I like it, and that's what matters. I thought about doing metallic black accents with the sonic blue... but I'm not sure how it would look.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:26 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

Quote:
It works on my car cause theres no ugly polished lip, and the stance is so aggressive, and ven then i would still love to do CCW's when i get the money.
Thomas, do we have the same rims?

Old 10-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy

THOSE ARE KNOCKOFFS!!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:44 PM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
i wouldve agreed with you, and did hate them (any black rim), until i saw it in person and like i said, unless it was a badass set of CCW's, i wouldnt change them for anything. Sets the whole car off for this mean aggressive stance and look to it. I have local stangers that constantly say just that, its the sickest cobra look around, they woudnt **** with it if it rolled up next to them at a light, etc. it just looks downright mean in person. it was almost annoying during the dyno session all the "props" it got. I cant take credit though, i credit the previous owner, he really knew how to make your sub-standard redfire look like a muscular killing machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64 View Post
Thomas, do we have the same rims?

sorta. looks like you have a set of spacers on there!

ive yet to try the door delete kit though.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:17 AM   #62
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

Do it man! I dropped 200 lbs with my doors and run 11's now!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:15 AM   #63
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

i rather the lip, otherwise theres no contrast in the wheels. its just....black.

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:12 PM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy

well, doing to 1234's (Josh's) house tomorrow to do some wheel delivery and to install my lowering stuff.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:40 AM   #65
Legacy Member
Legacy

Josh (1234) and I (and a friend of his) met up yesterday, threw my Cobra's on his GT... and finished up this project. It looks great. Thanks Josh

Old 10-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Not a problem glad you like it. Hows it ride?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
Not a problem glad you like it. Hows it ride?
like a wet dream
no issues the whole way home

Old 10-20-2008, 06:46 PM   #68
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

That's what I'm talking about...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:49 PM   #69
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Well, I said I didn't like it but lowering it made a hell of a difference. Looks good man.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:03 PM   #70
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
That's what I'm talking about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Well, I said I didn't like it but lowering it made a hell of a difference. Looks good man.
yeah it does.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos