New chrome cobra R's - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2004, 08:04 AM   #1
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
New chrome cobra R's

Here are some pics of my new 17x9s. The pics are actually from last week, but I've been to Cincinnati and Zim just got his new wheels, so I figured my pics could wait a week or so. Here they are!

I love how the neons reflects through the wheels.

edit: oh yeah, ignore all those people in and around my garage. grandparents were over.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2004, 08:05 AM   #2
I liek gramer
Legacy

all these pics were taken at the same time. Some had the flash on, which made it look like 2 hours later.

and yes, i know she's still a 4x4. I was planning on having that fixed relatively soon. was being key word.

see "which one of you was it" thread.
http://www.mustang-forums.com/forums...8129#post88129
Old 07-30-2004, 10:32 AM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee
you need to find some Eibachs or something Ford C Springs just dont lower it enough imo

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2004, 11:39 AM   #4
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
all these pics were taken at the same time. Some had the flash on, which made it look like 2 hours later.

and yes, i know she's still a 4x4. I was planning on having that fixed relatively soon. was being key word.

see "which one of you was it" thread.
http://www.mustang-forums.com/forums...8129#post88129
You know I think mike (04sonicedge) still has his springs he never installed on his mustang. You should talk to him, I'll bet he can give you a good deal. Just dont talk about hoods with him
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 11:42 AM   #5
I liek gramer
Legacy

I'll PM him I guess. What kind are they?

another question, ppl with chrome wheels:
When you wash your car, how do you go about it with the wheels? I washed mine (again ) the other day, and when I go to dry off or polish up the chrome, there are all these PITA water spots that either have dried or I can't get to (in the lugs) and will dry. jw if there is a better method of doing this.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Best way to quickly clean chrome wheels and bumpers is glass cleaner(windex, etc.) and for 130 bucks i don't think you can beat c springs even if it is not the lowest. Maybe up by me the roads are ****tier though? Lastly, I feel for you, ticket wise. that sucks!
Ted

2000 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Silver w/ Black Leather and Mach 460 Automatic
Performance:Magnaflow Exhaust, Transgo Shift Kit,Modified Air Box Looks: Grille delete, 17x9 polished 95 Cobra R's, New GT Hood Scoop, Billet Shift knob, Custom Shift Boots
Sound: Alpine CDA-9835, Infinity Reference Comp.

Power Tour 2005 Here I Come!
Funky4.6VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 01:17 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Try using Meguires spray wax, or spray detailer or I have some stuff that is pretty good too that you spray on and leave for like 30 secs when You are washing the car, then you rinse it off, it is supposed to leave a Teflon coating on them...I will get the name of it...
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 01:18 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

It is just Dupont Teflon Wheel Cleaner, works pretty good.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:37 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Glass Cleaner, hmm, probably would shine it good, but I like to leave a little protective coating on my chrome.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:45 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Rick,
It sounds like he washes his vehicle pretty frequently, i know i do, i have the same wheels he does except polished. i dont like to use anything harsh on them and i am sure the treatment you recommended will work fine however water spots are water spots are water spots. Glass cleaner has always work for me because it is easy to use, cheap, works well, not harsh, etc. it has alot of good qualities to it. you can even use it for water spots all over the vehicle. no real need for expensive detailing spray. I agree, though, that the stuff you recommended will work wonders just sounds like a bit more process than glass cleaner.

Performance:Magnaflow Exhaust, Transgo Shift Kit,Modified Air Box Looks: Grille delete, 17x9 polished 95 Cobra R's, New GT Hood Scoop, Billet Shift knob, Custom Shift Boots

Old 07-30-2004, 01:45 PM   #11
I liek gramer
Legacy

I have a friend who works in the wheels/tires biz, and the last thing he said to me about these wheels was NEVER put anything like windex or window cleaner on chrome wheels. It speeds up the yellowing process by something like 100x he said.

I'll ask him about this Teflon stuff...
Old 07-30-2004, 01:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

To each his own.....I just know it works and i think contaminents and harsh cleaners would ruin the finish before window cleaner. Oh well, i'll stick to what I know works.

Old 07-30-2004, 01:52 PM   #13
I liek gramer
Legacy

I'm not trying to tell you to change or anything. I asked what yall do, so thanks for tellin me!
Old 07-30-2004, 02:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

i'm not mad, were cool, i just was suprised that someone would say that. chrome is tough **** and can take alot of abuse so i just can't imagine glass cleaner messin it up. thats all

Old 07-30-2004, 02:13 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

I have a black car, and I am sure you know that is probably the hardest color to keep clean. Believe it or not I rarely ever wash it, and even when I do a lot of times I just rinse it off and chamois it dry! I use good waxes, most recently the new Meguires NXT, which I find won't work well with the mist detailer I am so attached to, I have to use their spray refresher wax that goes with the NXT. But that is just as easy to use as the detailer, so not a big deal really and it costs about the same thing. I find that a lot of detergents don't help the finish of my car, and just wash the wax off mostly, I rarely drive it in the rain, and it stays parked under a car port so its fairly well protected from the elements.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:21 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

That sounds great, i love just doing that as well however i have lots of bugs around here right now so i end up washing the whole damn thing anyway. I love all of meguires and mothers products. It even looks like Turtle Wax brand is stepping up into the premium car care products as well. black is tough, but it sure looks good clean! even if you use a variable speed polisher and a good, high quality swirl remover you can get excellent results even on black. instant detailers are great to use as well, great idea for small spots or bird crap or any and everything that seems to make it's way onto paint. My dad and I were in the detailing business for many years so there is not a whole lot i can't contribute too. even now i have worked for ford for over 2 1/2 years so i know these products very well. I can always turn to someone in the dealership for advice for someone, so fire away!

Ted

Old 07-30-2004, 02:21 PM   #17
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
First, Dom must bow to the neons. :worship:

Second, I like it. Everyone generally gets the 2K Cobra Rs for that year. Nice change in pace.

Oh, and try Turtle Wax chrome polish. I've taken off rust on chrome with that stuff.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:28 PM   #18
I liek gramer
Legacy

I'm personally not a fan of the Y2K Cobra wheels. I just don't like the middle of them, looks like a cup or something to me.

No offense to anybody who likes them
Old 07-30-2004, 02:31 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No offense to anybody who likes them
Amen to that, yo!

Ted

Old 07-30-2004, 02:39 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
black is evil if you dont wash it every weekend or before you watn to go drive around and have it clean then it will be nasty looking.... one night and its half way back to dirty town, 2 days and its nasty again... especially if you live in an area where bugs are terrible..... I clean mine up EVERY weekend its the only way back does good...

and yes C springs dont drop a ton but .... if you drop like brents car lol you will scrap on everything i just cant go that low i would mess up my bumper and under side in no time which ever you decide to use I can put them in for you.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 02:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

after i wash my car i take it for a quick spin down the highway.. dont know about you guys but i live 3 second from the highway and about 3 miles down theres a rotary on the off ramp so i can fly down, spin around and come back and the centrifugal force takes the water off the wheels while the air at 80 takes the water off the car. i guess its a unique situation. but simply driving at 30 will spin the water off your wheels.
This is America, where every vote counts, unless it's a vote for a Democrat.
thirstymate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 03:05 PM   #22
I liek gramer
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
which ever you decide to use I can put them in for you.
You may hear from me sometime. Guess I'll have to make it to the meeting this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirstymate
simply driving at 30 will spin the water off your wheels.
Yep, didn't even consider that. Good idea.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:35 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

I wish someone had a really good convertable top dressing on the market! When I was a teenager I used some stuff called Pro Newtop or something like that, but that company apparently went out of business, it has no equal that I know of, there is nothing on the market today that is half as good that I have seen. It was a liquid, I could put it on the black convertable top on my 64 1/2 stang and it looked brand new.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:59 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
you CAN NOT go driving down the road to dry off a black car ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN lol you wash my car wash water and drive it you have 10x more water spots than it did before you started adn they DONT come off, yet another reason i HATE WASHING cars with soap and water....
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 08:39 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Rick,

As far as dressing your on your own but if you want to clean that top good all you need is some Whessley's? bleech-white for tires. spray that all over the top and take a heavy-duty tire brush or even a metal wire brush(no it does not hurt the vinyl-coated top) and have at it. hose all the crud off! You would be suprised of all the sh*t that comes out! It doesn't answer your total question but it may help a dressing work better!

Ted

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos