RWD+DR's+Cold = Epic Fail - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-24-2008, 01:15 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
RWD+DR's+Cold = Epic Fail

went to a buddies house for a kickback, things were cool until someone got out of hand, tried to **** with my cousin (who is handicapped with cerebal palsy) and i didnt like that. Basically i almost killed this ****er with a rather nice choke hold, dont ever ****ing tell me "what are you gonna do about it", i dont take to that sort of talk nicely. I first pushed him away from my cousin with my right hand firmly at his chest and he leaned into it, but i pushed harder (he was drunk at this time) and had a bit more strength at the time cause by that time adrenalin was going cause i knew it was about to get fun. He tried one more push against me and i pushed back, my hand slipped upward and caught his throat, i continued the motion until i literally carried him across the kitchen into the nearest wall, and just held him there. They had to pry me off of him, all the while me yelling at him "ever touch my cousin again, ill ****ing kill you, this is your last warning, all these people wont be around to save you like they are now"

so whatever, after all was said and done, i got myself out of there, packed my cousin into the cobra still trembling and shaking with emotion(yes, the cobra fits a wheelchair rather well, even with the 10" sub in the back)) and took off.

problem is, me+anger=bad. I was still reeling from the fight and was rather uncontrolled with my emotions, and im sure my buddy can attest to, if im pissed that bad behind the wheel, i do stupid ****, however my buddy is my equalizer, and he wasnt there to chill me down.

Leaving his house theres a right turn, well after flying by his house showing teh blower whine (not really due to anger, they all love my car), i took the first right turn a little too hot. Usually nothing special, however its 45* outside and foggy, and the DR's just laughed. i hit the turn and tried to get a little sideways to vent some steam, and ****ed up. Little too much throttle and the rear end just whipped out from under me like no other. I attempted to recorrect like usual but no avail. I panicked and lifted, and IRS did what IRS does, and the rear end grabbed and sent the car 180* back around. To make a ****ty situation worse, i laid into the brakes hoping i would just come to a stop in the middle of the street, but the car gained some forward momentum and now not only was i sliding 90* down the street, im moving towards the curb, and theres a car there. ****.

Slammed into the rear end of a parked 280z with my front, and that still didnt stop the 3800lb beast, i ended up through his yard (all dirt thankfully) and another van stopped me. Pushed the Z into his flower garden thing (which was devoid of any flowers, and his yard was all dirt thankfully)

So ****, finally come to a stop and turn the car off, throw out my keys as i open the door, just knowing i just ****ed up big time. Nothing to do but face the music. Make sure my cousin is ok, at this point he is blaming himself and throwing a fit (he does that whenever something happens, blames himself), im trying to calm him down as he has never been in an accident (he hardly goes anywhere) and is freaking out, im going over the scene and looking at the damage, starting to come down from my anger high and reality setting in.

And out comes the entire neighborhood. First it was the one neighbor who goes "dude thats a $15,000 nissan you just totaled". I feel sorry for this guy, cause i gave him the dumbest look ever, no lie. "dude, i know cars, and no ****ing way that thing is worth 15 grand, so no". Then out comes the actual owner and his big *** brother. The younger guy was totally strung out looking, like half baked mixed with something from a Rob Zombie movie. His brother like some huge linebacker who failed at making it big and blames the world for his situation. His brother came out and tried to act like i was drinking, first thing he said was "get on the grass and sit" im like "dude what?" "well you have obviously been drinking so im calling the cops". What the **** ever dude, so i tell him what really happened, this isnt my drinking face its my "im ****ing pissed off to no avail right now and just got owned by stupidity" face.

Now i wont lie, i had been kicking back some Newcastle most the night, but nothing like trying to win some drinking games, plus once i noticed the guy who ended up picking on my cousin was getting out of hand, i stopped and had a bottle of water, probably around 2ish. Not to mention any buzz that i might have unknowlingly had before, was obliterated by choke-hold incident.

Big brother tries to tell me how he was hit by a drunk driver, ruined his football career, yadda yadda. Im like "dude honestly, i dont want to hear it. Sorry about your loss but i didnt wreck cause i was drinking, i wrecked cause i was driving stupidly and messed up". Little brother (who was the owner of the datsun and homeowner, we think, dont know cause the total average IQ of that entire household was a bit greater than your average 3rd grader) finally got big brother to shut up. Big brother comes over to apologize that he got me all wrong, and that he called off the cops.

Called my parents, which was fun. Told them to head over to my buddies house, "yeah, youll see when you get close enough, oh yeah, and bring some duct tape". Called my cousins parents to have them come and pick him up.

As much as it hurt, it was kinda cool to tape up the front end with duct tape to get the car home, true Nascar style.

Battered Ruby:

His car (No DK trophies in its future):

So it went to the shop. My biggest concern was their ability to properly match the paint. I spoke with the top guy there and asked if he is up to the task before i give them the work (Progressive gave me a list of body shops in the area), he said he would need to see it first. Drove the car over there, and had him check it out.

Coolest thing to hear a paint guy go "holy ****, a ford with no orange peel in the paint? Guys Guys come check out this car, its the best paint job ive ever seen! Theres no swirls!" The oogled over the pristinely kept finish for a good couple minutes, asked me what i do to keep it that way, they even offered me a job detailing for them "if you can do that with a random, imagine what you can do with a real rotary", sadly though the pay wouldnt be enough and they werent open on the weekends for me to do side work or anything. Said the paint on the car was so well kept, there would be little, if any, matching or blending he would have to do. Dropped the car off on Tuesday Nov 18th and picked it up Monday Dec 1st. Paint match was PERFECT! holy ****, even under the 1000w's in my garage, absolutely no difference in paint color, pop or shine between new fender and old door.

Best of all, all the rock chips in the front bumper and hood, and dings on the drivers fender are now GONE. The worst part of the paint job was just that. Now the exterior seriously would rival any other 03/04 with half or less mileage if parked side by side. First time i have been impressed by a body shop on their body work.

Their other skills leave something to be desired, when they removed the overflow, they didnt burp the system or fill from the correct spot, thusly i overheated on the way home. Not the first time, as i did the same when i swapped coolant reservoirs and overflows back to stock a month earlier, so i knew what was up, babied it home, popped off the upper and slapped 1.75gal back into her.

Ill start another thread to show what has possibly been a result of the many overheat incidents. btw if theres any continuity issues with the story, i copy-pasted it from the day after it happened, and had to adjust some paragraphs and get rid of some alltogether (freaking out due to thinking it was totaled, and me having to tow or fix hsi car for him). Now its more or less the story as how i would explain it today, not the day after it happened.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2008, 07:31 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Re: RWD+DR's+Cold = Epic Fail

There is no way in hell I am reading this novel.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Glad your cars fixed, and nobady was injured.
Paint looks damn good.
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to bobbyoooo

good thing no one got hurt and ur cuz alright and i would've done the same if that was my cuz gj, and that ain no 15K car lol
bobbyoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:49 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Lol, finally. Been seeing the hints on other sites for a month at least just wanted to figure out exactly what happened. Glad it's all figured out man.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Haha dumbass. Nothing wrong with standing up for a handicapped relative (lord knows I have and still do for my brother), but driving like that was teh loze. Good thing no one was hurt.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

My car buddies call me Ken Block (cause unknownst to many, Ken Block totaled 3 cars in the making of the Gymkahna vid reposted twice daily) or DK now.

I realized how dumb it was after doing it, and think about it daily. I remember each time i sit in the car and think about it each time i get the will to put the pedal down. I got complacent with the abilities of the car, and it bit me in the *** (i probably needed it though. when i first had it i was scared and knew it was the first car that really could kill me if i pushed the limits, but that wears off after getting used to that sort of power on a daily basis. Plus with more power, the fine line between being in control and out of control is so much easier to cross, you can do stupid **** with a GT like that all day and not cross that line, but it doesnt take much in these cars to not only cross it, but clear it completely and wind up on the other side going "wtf was that?"

Old 12-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #8
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

You crack me up thomas. You crack me up
Old 12-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I vote we rename the thread. "Thomas + Life = Epic Fail".

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:52 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I vote we rename the thread. "Thomas + Life = Epic Fail".
lolz. maybe in my next one i can be as witty and awesome as you?

Old 12-25-2008, 09:12 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
lolz. maybe in my next one i can be as witty and awesome as you?
Eh... Doubtful. You're in Cali though. Maybe you could try hiring a writer?

Scary stuff.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:34 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan

Click image for larger version

Name:	xxxxx.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	20078

Mine cost around $3k how about yours ?
Old 12-25-2008, 10:02 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64 View Post
There is no way in hell I am reading this novel.
Hahaha man.. it was actually worth the read - don't miss out

Thomas, glad the car is fixed, hope your insurance took care of the other guy..

what sort of tickets did the cops give you?
Old 12-25-2008, 10:12 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan View Post
Hahaha man.. it was actually worth the read - don't miss out

Kaliphornya Code 185.2.A-1 - Driving while being hispanic.

Kaliphornya Code 5.1.C - DUIC (Driving under the influence of cock)

..the above post is a joke...
Our's:
Old 12-27-2008, 02:00 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Kaliphornya Code 185.2.A-1 - Driving while being hispanic.
im 100% pasty caucasian.

Quote:
Kaliphornya Code 5.1.C - DUIC (Driving under the influence of cock)
lol is that like driving with a boner? i dont think i could, steering wheel would get in the way.

Quote:
they did. Total'd him out at $2500. He didnt have any insurance of his own on the car (imagine that) so if he thinks he could get more, hes SOL.

Quote:
None, cops never showed (if they were even called in the first place).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38special View Post
Mine cost around $3k how about yours ?
total bill was $4900, and i had a $1k deductible so insurance paid the shop $3900. Needed new headlights, new header panel, new bumper, new bumper crash support, new drivers fender, new hood, and paint. They even replaced my passenger side fog light thinking it was broken from the crash (its been cracked since i bought it from the first owner). supposedly the frame was tweaked 3mm but the guy said that 3mm is could be just normal frame misalignment from it settling or the wonderful ford factory tolerances, but that they had to bring the chassis into "square" anyways to fix it properly, and its a normal procedure. didnt show up on their bill of repairs, so i dunno.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:59 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

You do know I was just messing with you right....
Our's:
Old 12-27-2008, 12:22 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

My total was around $3300, It was a hit and run, but they caught the guy and ticketed him. His insurance paid 100% and gave me a rental car for the week the shop had my Stang. Sounds like we both got the same parts replaced. Hood,fender,head light and bumper. It looks like brand new. The Paint came out perfect. I never thought that I would be glad my car got hit, but it's like having a new car now.....
Cobra parts>V6 parts
Old 12-27-2008, 06:52 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
You do know I was just messing with you right....
lol yeah, thusly mine were joke comments too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38special View Post
My total was around $3300, It was a hit and run, but they caught the guy and ticketed him. His insurance paid 100% and gave me a rental car for the week the shop had my Stang. Sounds like we both got the same parts replaced. Hood,fender,head light and bumper. It looks like brand new. The Paint came out perfect. I never thought that I would be glad my car got hit, but it's like having a new car now.....
Cobra parts>V6 parts
my biggest drawback was going from 2 cars to 0 in exactly 7 days time. having no car puts a crimp on the style big time.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Yah, I thrashed the rental. It was a blast to rage on.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:59 PM   #20
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
lol yeah, thusly mine were joke comments too.

my biggest drawback was going from 2 cars to 0 in exactly 7 days time. having no car puts a crimp on the style big time.
I would think just being you would put enough crimp in your style
Old 12-29-2008, 08:05 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

that sucks but i call 100% bs on no orange peal in the stock paint lol, iv NEVER seen one without it so its either been repainted or the paint has been cut before.

I had a similar accident in my car (100% not my fault though) and it ran me 4k
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

considering a orange pad with optimum polish is equivalent to 6000grit (optimum compound even more) its not hard to see how the paint lacks orange peel after a few details. proper tools and techniques can make almost any paint look like a show car, hell even show cars have more flaws than mine lol. Me and a buddy were walking around a local hotrod show and it was mind boggling how crappy some of these paint jobs were, swirls galore, especially on the black cars, like they are washing with sandpaper.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:40 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

yea ford oem off the lot paint has orange peal just the way it is, you have to smooth that clearcoat out to get rid of it, i need to do this to my car one day
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:51 AM   #24

Region: Pennsylvania

haha glad everyone is alright and the cobras taken care of.. i own a z and that is no 15k z... it might have been worth about 3k or so. depending how mint it was. but no 15k. lol
speed97racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:59 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

i just saw a used 350z at a stealership for 15k my cousin was gonna buy it

96 honda magna vf750, K&N, Vance and Hines pipes Rejetted carbs
Ninethourpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

was he going to buy it right before he didnt?

a 350z is a lot newer than that 300z

but maybe you were just saying..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

im saying if you can get a newer 350 z for 15k why in the world would someone pay 15k for that junk

and someone else got there before him

Old 01-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF View Post
was he going to buy it right before he didnt?

a 350z is a lot newer than that 300z

but maybe you were just saying..
there is no 300z.. and its definitely not a 300zx..

its a 280z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninethourpm View Post
im saying if you can get a newer 350 z for 15k why in the world would someone pay 15k for that junk

and someone else got there before him
its not junk man.. c'mon.. you of all people being a mustang owner should know that people crack on cars n they dont even know them. like mustangs get sh1t on all the time and none of those people actually have owned a mustang or know what theyre capable of. and people pay certain amounts for these cars because 1. theyre either into collecting and know what it is.. or 2. they have big build up plans for it.. its the basic theory of an older car.. think about it. the z's happen to be one of the lightest older japanese cars you can get with a big enough engine bay to fit ANYTHING in it.. big block chevys, small blocks, fords, toyota motors, nissan, etc.. no offense to you or anything but i hope you hit the track one day and get womped on by a z..
Old 01-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

point is like thomas said it aint no 15 grand car

Old 01-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed97racer View Post
there is no 300z.. and its definitely not a 300zx..

its a 280z

its not junk man.. c'mon.. you of all people being a mustang owner should know that people crack on cars n they dont even know them. like mustangs get sh1t on all the time and none of those people actually have owned a mustang or know what theyre capable of. and people pay certain amounts for these cars because 1. theyre either into collecting and know what it is.. or 2. they have big build up plans for it.. its the basic theory of an older car.. think about it. the z's happen to be one of the lightest older japanese cars you can get with a big enough engine bay to fit ANYTHING in it.. big block chevys, small blocks, fords, toyota motors, nissan, etc.. no offense to you or anything but i hope you hit the track one day and get womped on by a z..
300z and 300ax are the same ****ing thing. so get over it. Now i have owned a 280z. It is junk. It didnt handle. And it didnt go anywhere. I traded it for a lawnmower. And the mower still works the Z is in the junkyard. So yes imo they are junk.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:40 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
300z and 300ax are the same ****ing thing. so get over it. Now i have owned a 280z. It is junk. It didnt handle. And it didnt go anywhere. I traded it for a lawnmower. And the mower still works the Z is in the junkyard. So yes imo they are junk.
well if youve owned one then you should know that the 300Z does not ****ing exist.. in your words. the 'Z' died out in 78. it then became the 280ZX thus then becoming the 300zx and had 3 generations of that. the Z logo is just to bring back the nostalgia of the original z and its heritage its NOT a 300z and yes we are a touchy people if you thought it was **** and got rid of it then good for you but dont **** on them because you didnt have the patience or knowledge to actually appreciate it for what it is. yes it doesnt handle well its not ****ing supposed to. and no the 2.8 did not go very far thats probably why people did big swaps like i mentioned before. or built it up and actually made it go somewhere. honestly i wouldnt be surprised if you came back to this with telling me you now own a foxbody and are trying to tell me that it goes somewhere.. foxbodies are among the worst of the mustang. and they dont go anywhere UNLESS they are swapped bigger or built to ****. so next time you wanna **** on a car you should probably do some homework so you dont look like you own a honda and think you have the world in your ricer seat.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed97racer View Post
well if youve owned one then you should know that the 300Z does not ****ing exist.. in your words. the 'Z' died out in 78. it then became the 280ZX thus then becoming the 300zx and had 3 generations of that. the Z logo is just to bring back the nostalgia of the original z and its heritage its NOT a 300z and yes we are a touchy people if you thought it was **** and got rid of it then good for you but dont **** on them because you didnt have the patience or knowledge to actually appreciate it for what it is. yes it doesnt handle well its not ****ing supposed to. and no the 2.8 did not go very far thats probably why people did big swaps like i mentioned before. or built it up and actually made it go somewhere. honestly i wouldnt be surprised if you came back to this with telling me you now own a foxbody and are trying to tell me that it goes somewhere.. foxbodies are among the worst of the mustang. and they dont go anywhere UNLESS they are swapped bigger or built to ****. so next time you wanna **** on a car you should probably do some homework so you dont look like you own a honda and think you have the world in your ricer seat.
I've got a bone stock fox body convertible. Stock filter, stock airbox, air silencer installed. Only mod is gears. Want to play?
Our's:
Old 01-05-2009, 06:43 AM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed97racer
lol not meaning to start ****
Sure you weren't... Anyway... on to the ****.

Quote:
yes it doesnt handle well its not ****ing supposed to. and no the 2.8 did not go very far
So we are in agreement. Nissan 280/300/180/360/666 Z/X/Y/ZX... whatever the **** they're called... suck ***. They are slow and don't handle for **** stock. The only way to make them decent is to throw an American V8 in there, but this makes them handle even worse. I wish there was one in front of me right now so I could whip it out and piss all over the damn thing. So far, so good.

Quote:
honestly i wouldnt be surprised if you came back to this with telling me you now own a foxbody and are trying to tell me that it goes somewhere.. foxbodies are among the worst of the mustang. and they dont go anywhere UNLESS they are swapped bigger or built to ****
First off, I don't know what it means to "go somewhere". I drive my fox to Taco Bell and the liquor store all the time. I guess that's the new ricer terminology for "go fast"? Or is that term from the great "Speed Racer" movie? Or maybe it's just a cop out from someone who doesn't have the balls to actually say that foxes are slow because they know damn better?

As for the fox being the worst of the Mustang... I can assure that there are far worse Mustangs. 96-98 and the Mustang IIs would be the perfect example...

My fox isn't "swapped bigger" or even really "built to ****", in my opinion. I guess "built to ****" kinda depends on one's technical prowess. I know in the world of imports a CAI, a short throw shifter and some welded in "floorboard supports" is probably "built to ****", but things work a little different in the domestic world. Anyway, would you like to tell me again my fox doesn't "go anywhere"?

Scary stuff.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:15 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to fast64

LOL, foxes suck...right. My '90 cop car ran mid-high 13's with the only mods being cam, air filter, clutch, gears, and spool.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:43 AM   #35
Regular

Region: Tennessee

and yet you sold it... for a Jeep

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos