large pictures of the car, finally - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-13-2004, 12:23 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
large pictures of the car, finally

still taken by webcam, but not that blurry... which is amazing. They aren't small either. As they were taken with a laptop, I can hardly see the image before it's taken.... please excuse the half naked boy in the back ground, that is my younger brother. I guess 9 pictures should do it. You can see my temporary dual exhaust. They were supposed to have the tips today for it, but they didn't. Now I'm busy until not this Saturday, or next Saturday, but the Saturday AFTER those two, I can get it done. I'm also getting a custom h-pipe put in. It's only costing $30 for the h. So yeah, 100% custom exhaust. Then, all I have to do is get my new CAI system installed. That'll take all of two hours. Then, cruise time.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2004, 12:26 PM   #2

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Looks good. Love the flames any word on those Saleen Scoops?
Old 08-13-2004, 12:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon_Lady
Sweet Ride

Love the flames!
All Stock! getting ready for some minor mods: tinting, new bumper and/or bodykit, 3:73 gears, underdrive pullies, tires (they're getting bad) considering new rims. Oh ya- gonna chip it. Thanks for all your suggestions and time answering my questions guys!
Dragon_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2004, 12:35 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
they're being painted supposedly. I guess I just hit the bottom of the waiting list as he got in a Durango, and he's working on that.... I guess friends have to wait. I still have to find some plastic gutter screen so I can put something in the 'gills' that looks nice, and can be bonded to the 'plastic' of the side scoop.... and yeah, painted accordingly. How hard is it to paint them? He had 10 days before he got the Durango, wonder what he's doing in his shop.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 08-13-2004, 12:48 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Maybe he is waiting for you to bring him that screen .
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 12:55 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

no, he has to paint them first.... otherwise he'd have to tape off the screen, and that's kinda pointless. We'll just have him paint it, and then scuff up the area I want to bond to, and all will be good..... no one's going to see it, it's on the backside of the scoop. If he did have them painted, he would've told me already

Old 08-13-2004, 01:15 PM   #7
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Shouldn't take more than a couple hours to paint them. I dunno why it would take so long.

Flames look very nice. I like them.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 01:17 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

prep time, he said they'd take forever to prep...

Old 08-13-2004, 01:19 PM   #9
I liek gramer
Legacy

I don't think it would take more than 10 days. We had my whole house painted in < time than that... Not that that is a very good comparison, but oh well.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:20 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

no one's noticed the non-matching rim on the front passenger side

Old 08-13-2004, 01:22 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

I just think he wants to be done with my car, which is saddening to me, because it's the nicest car he's had in his shop to date

Old 08-13-2004, 01:22 PM   #12

its just the centercap
Old 08-13-2004, 01:24 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

no.... it isn't... the rim is actually different. You can't tell from the picture, but the sides of those spokes have a bevel in them, and mine don't... plus, the center cap is a different SIZE than my center caps, which means DIFFERENT rim, lol

Old 08-13-2004, 01:28 PM   #14
I liek gramer
Legacy

well i didnt notice at any rate. I was looking at the flames
Old 08-13-2004, 01:28 PM   #15

oh2:

Same here lookin at the flames
Old 08-13-2004, 01:34 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah, they are now the centerpeice to my car I guess. He was talking about re-doing them... with a more expensive job. This one I might actually have to pay for ... he's talking a $4000 paint job... for flames. Cameleon paint... layed flames... wrapped all the way to the rear quarter panel.... I was like :O :O :O, how much is this going to cost me? lol, I think he wants $1000 for it.... I asked him how much it would cost in paint, he didn't want to reply.... wonder why. I'm assuming he'd be getting quite a bit for labor, and it would be very labor intensive, but I don't want to put $1000 into flames right now... this job is supposedly worth $1200

Old 08-13-2004, 02:52 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
you need rims like a badger needs furr (they have furr right?)
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 03:24 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

trust me, I know this... I was going to purchase a set, but I decided $1000 for new rims and tires could go a lot further for engine mods next year.... ported heads.... looking at rpm-mustang ... hey you guys ... how's it goin'?.... yeah, keep that in mind, 9 months to go. Then, ported intake... cam... 8.8'' rear end, trak-lok, 3.73 gears (and yeah, I have an automatic, but 3.73 won't kill me with all my highway driving).... and a shift kit... should run me near $1000.... depending on cost of install and how much I get parts for... maybe like $1500, who knows, it's all good stuff though.

Old 08-13-2004, 09:21 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
sweet flames!!!! lose the side stripes though IMO
Old 08-14-2004, 12:34 AM   #20
I liek gramer
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
sweet flames!!!! lose the side stripes though IMO
:no:

keep 'em!
Old 08-14-2004, 02:57 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

those side stripes are killer.... reflective black. They fade between black black and the silver that's on my car depending on the angle you're viewing them from and how much light is on them... simply amazing. The stripe isn't even all the same color at night, like if you get a night light to shine on it, it'll go from black to very reflective silver, and maybe back to black.. I love it

Old 08-14-2004, 10:22 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
nice lookin car flames make it look sweet
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 11:21 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

it'd probably look better if I had taken a digital camera picture with it.... it'd at least be in focus. If they put me in the calendar (hint, hint) I'd go down to the river, (Mississippi River) and take pictures with a good camera, if not a digital one, I'd send you the pics, and you could make it good, and it'd have the new bridge in the back ground... looks great.

Old 08-15-2004, 08:24 PM   #24
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Looks awesome. But I feel like it needs something out back to even out the car.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:01 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

ok, I thought about putting ghost flames, they would match, down the doors as well... and they'd end near the rear quarter, like, the back of it, huge *** flames.... lol... but should look very very nice at the same time... Umm, also, thought about this, you know where the 4X4 decal is on Ford trucks?.. thought about putting something there on my car, like a "Mustang" signature or something.... but that might look kinda gay. I do have those Saleen Side Scoops that are going to go on sometime... they're kinda near the back.... easiest idea is to just let him do what he wants to with the flame job. He wants to do this HUGE flame job, that's really expensive, and I'm thinking, hey, if he pays for it all, go for it man, if I don't like it... you'll repaint over it, lol. We'll see.

Old 08-16-2004, 07:57 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Hey, what color is the durango? A friend of mine in another forum knows someone who's crx was destroyed by a chick in a durango in a hit and run so he's trying to find her..

http://midweststangs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4601

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:32 AM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol, I haven't seen it... but That would be quite interesting... I must say so. I can ask him later on today... I may even stop out there to see. I have no idea how he's fitting it into his garage/shop, but I guess he did...

Old 08-16-2004, 07:04 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
they're being painted supposedly. I guess I just hit the bottom of the waiting list as he got in a Durango, and he's working on that.... I guess friends have to wait. I still have to find some plastic gutter screen so I can put something in the 'gills' that looks nice, and can be bonded to the 'plastic' of the side scoop.... and yeah, painted accordingly. How hard is it to paint them? He had 10 days before he got the Durango, wonder what he's doing in his shop.
Hey Im the guy with the x-crx Ive been TRYING TO FIND THESE people like mad, and the Des MOines cops are doing ****(of course.)

The durange that hit me was blue with heavy front end damage and both air bags blew. They totalled my car and skiddadled, A friend and I thought we spotted them about 3 nights ago and tried to follow and they booked for it (go figure) Licsense plate on that car was 046 LBB again it was a new durango dark blue/purpleish in color with front end damage and blown bags...

Any help you can give me would be GREAT APPRECIATED....like I said the cops arent doing **** even after I gave them the plate number, what is the name of the guy doing your work?
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 07:10 PM   #29
I liek gramer
Legacy

Hey Kasper, I followed a link earlier and read what happened. That blows big time man. I bet you are PISSED. I would be. I'm surprised your insurance isn't looking for these people seriously, I know mine would. But then again, my insurance is full of asses.

Hope you find out who these *****es are. Then it would be time for some vigilante justice if you ask me.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:12 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Chris Benischek, he did my car and my flames. He bought the thing like several hours from here, not towards Des Moines I think... I haven't seen it as of yet... but I can give him a call tonight... that sucks about your car though. My friend does pretty good work.... especially considering he's only 19. His partner's a senior this year... they'll be great someday... not that they're not good now. Anyone in the area need flames? this kid will do it... you can tell by mine that they're pretty good indeed... all purely custom, you'll never find a set just like your's

Old 08-16-2004, 07:19 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
Hey Kasper, I followed a link earlier and read what happened. That blows big time man. I bet you are PISSED. I would be. I'm surprised your insurance isn't looking for these people seriously, I know mine would. But then again, my insurance is full of asses.

Hope you find out who these *****es are. Then it would be time for some vigilante justice if you ask me.
Yes Yes I am, and If I find out who they are they will pay, I was still under my dads insurance at the time and I had liability only on the car, they payed for my medical bills and that was it, we didnt file a claim or anything cause they prob. would have dropped us, the suck big time if you ask me we go through grinnel mutual and I hate them

The cops havent been doing **** for me either, the only people that seem to care are you guys......but it is greatly appreciated, I know it will turn up somday and I dont care if its a year from now Ill get my do-justice.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 07:43 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

good luck with that due justice... I'm waiting for mine.... it's riding on a semi somewhere out there where the guy's jerking off to kiddie porn while eating Cheetos in a sleezy hotel in some backwoods **** hole... just awaiting the day my son is gonna screw his daughter.... it's called even

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos