Zainoing for car show *DUW* - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2004, 10:49 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
Zainoing for car show *DUW*

Yea, Im going to a big car show on the 28th, so my friend helped me and let me use his Zaino. So far I am amazed at how nice it is looking. We still need to polished and use the swirl remover. Anyway, Ill explain the pics, and is fishers reads this let me see how you are doing for you car show on the 28th. I detailed my engine but dont have pics yet, will get some tomorrow.

First two pictures are of the car after we washed with Dawn.
Next next is the Zanio Claybar
After that is the Zanio Car wash
The next three pictures are after it dried, notice the swirls from the claybar.
The next picture is of the ZFX Polish mix.
after the zfx we used the spray to remove left over residue:thumbs2:
The last pictures are of the tire gloss. We still need to finish waxing, Im very impressed. I highly recommend Zaino.
Oh, Ill post my times on Saturday too.
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2004, 11:04 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
looks sweet!
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
dont forget the wheelwells the judges look there too.

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2004, 11:12 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpryor
dont forget the wheelwells the judges look there too.
Yeah I will get them, gotta take the rims off and clean the inside too.
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Old 08-27-2004, 09:08 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Hey, that looks great. I do have two suggestions, though. first never apply a wax, sealeant, compound, in a circle. That is wear swirl marks start from. Also, never circle with the clay bar either. Clay bars should only usually be used to get overspray off. that is what they were originally made for. A light compound put on by hand will get all of the grit off the paint and be easier on it. Here is a link to the best directions on how to properly clean anything on a car specifically. It has alot of tips and hints of best practices. I would suggest anyone in the forum, Including Fisherstang to read it. It has alot of great info.

Car detailing tricks

Still, Your car looks great and good luck at the car show!

Ted

2000 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Silver w/ Black Leather and Mach 460 Automatic
Performance:Magnaflow Exhaust, Transgo Shift Kit,Modified Air Box Looks: Grille delete, 17x9 polished 95 Cobra R's, New GT Hood Scoop, Billet Shift knob, Custom Shift Boots
Sound: Alpine CDA-9835, Infinity Reference Comp.

Power Tour 2005 Here I Come!
Funky4.6VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:09 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

all the polish we put on was only in lines no swirl. Across the hood left to right, and up and down for the rest.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:26 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky4.6VERT
Hey, that looks great. I do have two suggestions, though. first never apply a wax, sealeant, compound, in a circle. That is wear swirl marks start from. Also, never circle with the clay bar either. Clay bars should only usually be used to get overspray off. that is what they were originally made for. A light compound put on by hand will get all of the grit off the paint and be easier on it. Here is a link to the best directions on how to properly clean anything on a car specifically. It has alot of tips and hints of best practices. I would suggest anyone in the forum, Including Fisherstang to read it. It has alot of great info.

Car detailing tricks

Still, Your car looks great and good luck at the car show!

Ted
Black your car looks sweet, but Vert, thanks for your input, but i will have to say i have been doing this all my life, with my dad doing this for almost 30 years, when you clay bar, it gets the top of your car clean so nothing will getinto your paint, when you wax i use a buffer (not high speed for wax) but guess what? it goes round and round. swirls will come 90% of the time when you use a compund. like using Quick cut be4 velvet cut, with a wool pad on both, then use velvet cut with a foam pad. hand waxing is safe, aslong as you have a CLEAN CAR! wash up real good, then clay bar it to get tree sap, bugs, paint over spray... then you can wax her right up if your not going to touch up or buff any big scratches out. Each to there own, like i wont use a terry cloth or towels, i use microfiber towels can wash my car in about 5min (spotless by hand) also clean inside, engine (with out water) and wax the car inless then 2 hrs. also one more thing, compunds by hand really does not do much, cause u need the speed of the buffer and the Tq. of it. but good luck to all,
Old 08-27-2004, 11:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SquirrelNutz154
I'm sure youre talking about the car show in jersey tomorrow. Do you have any idea how many people are expected or anything like that? I might go, but I don't think I want to show my car, as it has many projects on it that are half done.

Cardomain Site
SquirrelNutz154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 11:32 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

more info. also Vert thanks for your research, but its all to the products we use. I use Meguiars and carbrite
Quote:
4. What are swirl marks, and how do I remove them?
Swirl marks are light, circular scratches in the painted surface often caused by buffing with a compound. As the compound cuts away the oxidized paint layer and reduces the depth of deep scratches by abrading away their "ridges", light scratches usually remain, especially on dark colors.

Fear not, for swirl marks can be safely and effectively buffed out with a high speed buffer, polishing pad and a polish (as can light scratches and oxidation not severe enough to warrant compounding). For a complete listing of Car Brite polishes, See thePolishes section of the Products page of this website.

A polish is a lotion containing mild abrasives and resins (usually silicone) that can be applied with a buffer or by hand. The abrasives remove swirl marks by abrading away their "ridges" in a manner similar to compounding, but with much less paint being removed.

The polishís resins fill any indentation in the paint too deep to be abraded out, and bond to the surface. By removing the "ridges" and filling any remaining indentations, the painted surface is leveled, which restores its gloss. The newly level surface reflects light in a uniform manner causing the eye to perceive a deep, rich shine.

In addition to providing "fill", the resins deflect the sunís ultraviolet rays (minimizing further oxidation) and magnify the gloss created by the newly level surface.

The durability of the bond between the resin and the painted surface will vary depending on the number and type of resins used. Silicone is the most common resin, and certain chemically-bonding silicones can last up to six months. Glycerin and mineral oil are also used, but arenít nearly as durable.

When polishing, buff at 2400 - 2800 rpm (the resins provide added lubrication which allow for higher buffer speeds), and utilize a lambswool, blended wool or foam polishing pad. Also, follow the buffing guidelines listed in Question #3.

This process is illustrated in greater detail in the Removing Scratches, Oxidation and Swirl Markssection of this website.
Quote:

Precautions: 1. Do not apply wax or paint sealant in direct sunlight.
2. Apply the product sparingly - the thicker it is applied, the longer and less uniformly it dries.
3. Make sure the wax or paint sealant is completely dry all the way through (the product dries
from the top down) before trying to remove it. Allow extra drying time on humid days.
4. One coat of wax or sealant is sufficient. Subsequent coats will be wiped away during
residue removal, and provide no additional protection.
here is a link for what you used Black >> http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...C&Store_Code=Z
Old 08-27-2004, 12:58 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
TAKE THE TIRE GLOSS OFF WITH SOME DEGREASER ASAP!!! I have learned this from showing black cars (and working at a car wash) - don't put anything on your tires until you are at the show and don't plan on moving it at all. 1. all the dirt is gonna stick to your tires and it will make touch-ups at the show more of a pain and 2. most importantly, driving around is gonna sling the tire shine all over your fenders, your doors, and your quarter panels; it is VERY noticable on dark cars and it is a ***** to take off.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:02 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I understand completely. I read that the other day and thought it would be useful. I prefer to hand polish so that article made more sense to me however, for the business we use a variable speed polisher so I couldn't agree more. I did like the part about putting carnuaba waxes on by hand. It would feel a little different but it makes sense. If you feel debris you can wipe off and go over it again and not drag it across the paint like a polisher or hand pad.

Ted

2000 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Silver w/ Black Leather and Mach 460 Automatic
Performance:Magnaflow Exhaust, Transgo Shift Kit,Modified Air Box Looks: Grille delete, 17x9 polished 95 Cobra R's, New GT Hood Scoop, Billet Shift knob, Custom Shift Boots
Sound: Alpine CDA-9835, Infinity Reference Comp.

Power Tour 2005 Here I Come!
Funky4.6VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:49 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky4.6VERT
I understand completely. I read that the other day and thought it would be useful. I prefer to hand polish so that article made more sense to me however, for the business we use a variable speed polisher so I couldn't agree more. I did like the part about putting carnuaba waxes on by hand. It would feel a little different but it makes sense. If you feel debris you can wipe off and go over it again and not drag it across the paint like a polisher or hand pad.

Ted
true..
Old 08-27-2004, 02:51 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
TAKE THE TIRE GLOSS OFF WITH SOME DEGREASER ASAP!!! I have learned this from showing black cars (and working at a car wash) - don't put anything on your tires until you are at the show and don't plan on moving it at all. 1. all the dirt is gonna stick to your tires and it will make touch-ups at the show more of a pain and 2. most importantly, driving around is gonna sling the tire shine all over your fenders, your doors, and your quarter panels; it is VERY noticable on dark cars and it is a ***** to take off.
yeah thats right, if you going to drive around day to day, then use a hand app to put some tire shine on the tires, but be4 a show leave your tires dry (clean but no dressing) and then when you get there put it on, dont put to much cause it will sling.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:51 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
off topic but is that a corvette sittin in the garage or what is it?
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 05:15 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to steedav6builder
wow car looks great jason. I want to go on sat so bad but i gotta work til 1. What time does the show end?
'99 Electric Green Cobra, #2517 of 4040 Built on 5/12/99
'00 Lazer Red V6-Gone but not forgotten

Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords Member #4121
Mid -Atlantic Cobra Association Member #207
steedav6builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 06:52 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SquirrelNutz154
I think it goes to after 1, but registration ends at 1 if u wanna be in it.

Cardomain Site
SquirrelNutz154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:28 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

it goes till 3, then there is racing after.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos