::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,292
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Nice, looking good. What are the future plans for it? Besides lifting it.
__________________
03 GT Charcoal Silver Metallic - Stolen
1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

4 inches of lift seems a bit excessive for just a style improvement. I'm not really familiar with ranger rear ends but I imagine they are solid axle/leaf springs. Depending on how the rear end sits on the leaves you could probably get a couple of inches out of a flip kit or block kit (or adding a leaf), then crank the torsions until it looks right in the front.


Then again, maybe that is all there is to a 4 inch ranger lift now, I just have nightmares of the I beam front ends and how much trouble it was flipping around the rear end back when we used to lower 2wds.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:43 PM   #38
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Body lifts, no matter on what vehicle, look horrid over 3 inches, as well as put a lot of stress on the body mounts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
4 inches of lift seems a bit excessive for just a style improvement. I'm not really familiar with ranger rear ends but I imagine they are solid axle/leaf springs. Depending on how the rear end sits on the leaves you could probably get a couple of inches out of a flip kit or block kit (or adding a leaf), then crank the torsions until it looks right in the front.


Then again, maybe that is all there is to a 4 inch ranger lift now, I just have nightmares of the I beam front ends and how much trouble it was flipping around the rear end back when we used to lower 2wds.
Dont need a flip kit for rangers. The leaf is over axle. There is a 4" lift kit from Superlift. Use to have one from RCD, but the stopped making them. He could get up to 2" front and 2.5" in back without SL or BL. Also the edge/4x4 rangers come with a 2.5" blocks already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64 View Post
Or not do a body lift at all, and just clean up the frame I'm not sure if Rangers have the same problems, but Wranglers have all types of problems from body lifts...fuel filler necks breaking, popping out of 4wd, etc.
Ranger's haven't had any problems with body lifts. Bunch of people run them and still put full payloads and no problems. Never affected the drive train either. Wranglers are the only vehicle I have heard with any real problems with the BL. Though I dont see the point of a BL on a solid axle vehicle anyway. It's cheap enough to just lift them with the suspension. Not to mention with a little fab work you can easily adapt parts from other SAV's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234 View Post
Nice, looking good. What are the future plans for it? Besides lifting it.
Thanks man. For right now just lift it 1" to help with the clearance. Later on I will swap in new torsion bars and possibly the chevy drop shackle to get a little more lift in the rear and eliminate the lift blocks all together. Then come summer I am going to black out my interior and hopefully put some power leather seats in. I can easily swap from a 95-01 explorer, but I really want black. So I may just grab some out of a mustang and put mod the track to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Body lifts, no matter on what vehicle, look horrid over 3 inches, as well as put a lot of stress on the body mounts.
Who said anything about a body lift over 3"? The max you can get for a ranger is 3".
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #40
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

I mean over 1 inch. As in 2 and 3 inches are horrid
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:40 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

The biggest thing I hate about body lifts on pickups is the visible gap of open space you usually end up with between the frame and the fenderwell on the bed. There was a guy that lived near me that had a taco body lifted but he had very normal sized tires on it so you could see three inches of daylight shining through the fenderwell from the other side of the truck. Every time I drove by I rolled down my window and threw up on his mailbox in protest.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
I mean over 1 inch. As in 2 and 3 inches are horrid
On jeeps maybe, but on rangers it's not that bad looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
The biggest thing I hate about body lifts on pickups is the visible gap of open space you usually end up with between the frame and the fenderwell on the bed. There was a guy that lived near me that had a taco body lifted but he had very normal sized tires on it so you could see three inches of daylight shining through the fenderwell from the other side of the truck. Every time I drove by I rolled down my window and threw up on his mailbox in protest.
thats what gap guards are for
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #43
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
On jeeps maybe, but on rangers it's not that bad looking.



thats what gap guards are for
I am talking on ANY vehicle, IMO. And gap guards just make it worse. I am just not a fan. If you are going to do it, do it right imo. Suspension will ride better, less wear and tear on parts, ect.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
I am talking on ANY vehicle, IMO. And gap guards just make it worse. I am just not a fan. If you are going to do it, do it right imo. Suspension will ride better, less wear and tear on parts, ect.
Not everyone can afford to pay 800-2500 for suspenion. At least the bl offers a cheaper alternative for those not wanting to spend lots of money.

Lifting a IFS vehicle is way more expensive then a SFA vehicle. If I had a SFA I would only do suspension lift. Like with my explorer even though it has TTB. It is still pretty cheap to do a SL thats why I am going to go that route with it.

Lets see this truck has a 3" BL. Can you tell? no. Does it look bad? no.
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #45
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
Lets see this truck has a 3" BL. Can you tell? no. Does it look bad? no.
That right there is about the look I am going for....tires and all.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #46
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

I like that ranger. I think it's the black though that really makes it sex.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #47
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I like that ranger. I think it's the black though that really makes it sex.
You've seen the one I want to mess with. It's black as well...
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #48
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
You've seen the one I want to mess with. It's black as well...
Yea. I think that would look perfect on yours.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Got a picture of the one your going to get Rob?
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #50
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Hmm....I might...This is the best I can do right now




__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #51
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Oh, and, it's a 2000 with about 38k miles on it. By the time I own it, it will probably have around 45-48k miles. I'll probably start messing with it later this year as far as cleaning up the paint issues, rust removal, and things of that nature. I'll probably remove all the frame rust by march as get my 81 in sealer I'll do their truck while I'm at it....assuming I can manage to get people to come over and help me lift the bed off the truck. I'll also be putting a trailer hitch on it at the same time. I'm tired of having to wonder about getting a truck to tow a trailer...
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Oh, and, it's a 2000 with about 38k miles on it. By the time I own it, it will probably have around 45-48k miles. I'll probably start messing with it later this year as far as cleaning up the paint issues, rust removal, and things of that nature. I'll probably remove all the frame rust by march as get my 81 in sealer I'll do their truck while I'm at it....assuming I can manage to get people to come over and help me lift the bed off the truck. I'll also be putting a trailer hitch on it at the same time. I'm tired of having to wonder about getting a truck to tow a trailer...
two people can lift the bed off. It's not real heavy. The flaresides are all fiberglass minus the tail gate. It's a nice looking ranger. 38k on a 2000 is hardly anything. Might as well be new mechanical wise. Just a thought. I know you said it was a 4.0, but may want to check. Up untill 2001 they offered both the 3.0 and 4.0 in extcab 4x4 rangers.
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #53
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
two people can lift the bed off. It's not real heavy. The flaresides are all fiberglass minus the tail gate. It's a nice looking ranger. 38k on a 2000 is hardly anything. Might as well be new mechanical wise. Just a thought. I know you said it was a 4.0, but may want to check. Up untill 2001 they offered both the 3.0 and 4.0 in extcab 4x4 rangers.
It's my parents truck, my parents live with me, I see the truck everyday...it's a 4.0.

*plus, we still have the window sticker.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
It's my parents truck, my parents live with me, I see the truck everyday...it's a 4.0.

*plus, we still have the window sticker.
Okay cool just checking. So you plan on going with the BFG MT? have you checked out the KM2's? They are a pretty awesome tire.
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Now that I can agree on! I love my MTRs, but all my friends seem to be getting KM2's and they are BAD!
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64 View Post
Now that I can agree on! I love my MTRs, but all my friends seem to be getting KM2's and they are BAD!
I have a buddy who scored a set for 33x12.5x15 for $730 from discount tire. Will be going on his ranger hopefully next week.
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

You guys are talking about how expensive Sus lifts are, but lifting that ranger 2 inches with blocks and a torsion twist would be what, 35 dollars and a couple of hours of your afternoon


I lifted the bed off my S10 and it was heavy as hell with 2 people, but it was fleetside, just be careful that you get the gas neck and all the wiring loose before you go to moving it,
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

A body lift on modern vehicles is just a pain. If you go over 2" you need to start looking into wire extensions and such. I have a 2" body lift (something around there with homemade blocks) and it doesn't look too horrible, then again it's teamed up with a 2" susp lift (plugs in front springs and blocks in rear).
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
You guys are talking about how expensive Sus lifts are, but lifting that ranger 2 inches with blocks and a torsion twist would be what, 35 dollars and a couple of hours of your afternoon


I lifted the bed off my S10 and it was heavy as hell with 2 people, but it was fleetside, just be careful that you get the gas neck and all the wiring loose before you go to moving it,
No way should any smart person run 4.5" blocks in the rear. It already has 2.5". IF he was to go that route. Yes he can lift with the torsion bars and then add chevy drop shackles to gain 2-2.5" lift in the rear.

A suspension lift for a 98+ ranger runs about 1500 new. Maybe cheaper if you can find it used, but rarely you find them used.
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
I have a buddy who scored a set for 33x12.5x15 for $730 from discount tire. Will be going on his ranger hopefully next week.
A guy in our club just scored 5 35's for $715
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #61
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64 View Post
A guy in our club just scored 5 35's for $715
OMGSH!
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:59 PM   #62
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

What do you drive these days Brent?
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
hottcobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,638
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64 View Post
What do you drive these days Brent?
owned
__________________

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
No way should any smart person run 4.5" blocks in the rear. It already has 2.5". IF he was to go that route. Yes he can lift with the torsion bars and then add chevy drop shackles to gain 2-2.5" lift in the rear.

A suspension lift for a 98+ ranger runs about 1500 new. Maybe cheaper if you can find it used, but rarely you find them used.
Oh I thought you said it was just the EDGE package with blocks from the factory, it didn't look like an EDGE to me and i skipped over the 4x4 part

Yes, running 4.5 inches of block is not a good idea, I did 5 on the back of my s10 once, but it was ghetto as **** and i wasn't testing the suspension offroad.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #65
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64 View Post
What do you drive these days Brent?
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #66
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
Oh I thought you said it was just the EDGE package with blocks from the factory, it didn't look like an EDGE to me and i skipped over the 4x4 part

Yes, running 4.5 inches of block is not a good idea, I did 5 on the back of my s10 once, but it was ghetto as **** and i wasn't testing the suspension offroad.
It's cool man just wanted to make sure you understood what I was saying ha. Yeah I hate blocks. I want to ditch mine. Will probably end up putting the chevy drop shackle and xlt ubolts in so I can take the blocks out. I'll have an option of the rear sitting at the same height or I could have it sit an .5" higher.
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

I'm not a big fan of blocks either, but the story was that I ordered a lowered leaf spring set for my S10 that was supposed to be 3 inches, and put a set of 2" drop spindles on the front. Only the leaf springs actually lowered it 4 inches, either because of the extended cab, or fleet bed, so I ended up with a truck that sat an inch lower in the rear and looked terrible. Then I quick fixed it by just buying a 3inch block kit and putting the factory leaves back in. Then I was too lazy to deal with returning the leaf springs so I sold them....then for comedy one weekend we stacked another 2" on them and cut some old springs we had lying around the shop for the front and drove it to florida taking up road reflectors the whole way haha....oh to be a teenager again. I'll dig around and find a picture of that hilarity.


So yeah, 5 inches of block definitely doable (i had to go find long enough U-bolts at a heavy duty truck parts place), but I was doing it to lower instead of raise, and just drove it down the interstate and back. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:21 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Sorry about the quality, but like I said I was a teenager so I only found a legitimate film camera picture, so I took a picture of that picture with my digicam haha. BEHOLD!


Non-adjustable (no airbags or anything to lift it up any higher) almost frame laying s-10 about half way to florida. I had a friend that lived down there that was all into the whole lowriding thing, and none of them believed I drove it 350 miles like that, they figured I found a shop to do it in when I got there. I literally got stuck at an intersection leaving because the road humped up a little in the middle and I high centered it.

When I look back and see myself doing this stuff, I kind of understand ricers a little more...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lollowrider.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	20219  
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #69
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

Nice lol. I have a friend with an 01 that's was an xtreme minus the ground effects. He put a 4/5 on it. Sits REALLY low. Once he gets it out of the shop I will grab some pics of it to show you.

So did you ever get a replacement?
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 201
Re: ::RANGER CONTENT WARNING:: New wheels and fixed interior paint

A replacement vehicle? I bought a maxima yesterday that I had a thread about in the general forums, fortunately it has OEM suspension

And damn, an extreme without the ground effects is just a ZQ8 (factory lowered) with extreme wheels on it, I hope he didn't buy the extreme with the intention of stripping all the ground effects off
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from this weekend *warning some honda content* DarkShadows Pictures and Videos 7 06-19-2010 07:24 AM
Need Help on Interior Paint dacoday 1996-2004 Mustang GT 13 12-27-2009 11:06 AM
Banned from apartment for loud sex? (slight work warning for content) Scut95 The Bar 5 08-20-2008 06:07 PM
Pics of my interior (painted interior warning!!!) WhiteStang99 Pictures and Videos 25 03-03-2005 12:12 AM
Interior Paint KyleUSAF Mustang Audio & Video 9 09-13-2004 07:33 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:30 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.