Put on a Steeda Wing - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Put on a Steeda Wing

Yes, I want it black. I still am planning on getting the aluminum winglets... then they'll match my center caps.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Put on a Steeda Wing

I think you missed an angle....
Old 01-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I think you missed an angle....
that's for all the haters. Now they have every angle to make a well informed decision.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

do you at least see what I mean about it begging for Termi sides?

Old 01-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

hmm :chin: no my fav spoiler but not to bad
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
hmm :chin: no my fav spoiler but not to bad
I think it's a huge improvement over stock, and gives that "sinister" look I want the car to have overall. Now that the rear end is "currently satisfied", front bumper and hood must get ordered. I'm thinking tomorrow. R hood and Termi front bumper. Then I am debating rear window louvers....

Old 01-27-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I was going to post a picture of a shopping cart, then I was going to post asking how much HP it added, but I decided that it was too much effort so I'd just post telling you about how I was going to post.

()
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

I think it looks a ton better in person than in pictures. When I saw one on a GT on the dyno down here I was sold.

And I'm not sure what you mean by sides...nor do I see why it is begging for it.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
I was going to post a picture of a shopping cart, then I was going to post asking how much HP it added, but I decided that it was too much effort so I'd just post telling you about how I was going to post.

()

I suppose I will post your pic for you. In case you're unfamiliar with the Steeda wing, it is actually functional. They label it as a "wing" even though it barely qualifies.
I try to leave this:

to the imports.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
In case you're unfamiliar with the Steeda wing, it is actually functional. They label it as a "wing" even though it barely qualifies.
Very true...it is barely any taller than the stocker...it's mostly just wider.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Very true...it is barely any taller than the stocker...it's mostly just wider.
yes sir That's one of the reason I took a couple from the side/top. I was very surprised at how wide it was when I took it out of the box. Also, you can see the little lip at the back end that provides some additional downforce... which is essential at city speeds

Old 01-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

don't you dare hate on GLORIOUS NIPPON! I just bought a nissan remember! It has a wing!
Old 01-27-2009, 03:05 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
don't you dare hate on GLORIOUS NIPPON! I just bought a nissan remember! It has a wing!
we're talking about _real_ cars in here :whistle:

Old 01-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

then whats with all these v6 stangs 'round here
Old 01-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
we're talking about _real_ cars in here :whistle:
I take offense to that. i work for nissan

seriously though, im not a fan. but its your car. I wouldnt mind doing the cobra r wing with a nice adjustable front spliter if my car saw more road course time. but i do i manily just autox so no big wing there. i will be doing me a custom rear seat delete soon though.

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
then whats with all these v6 stangs 'round here
I don't has v6. Neither does Rob or Spectre
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadows View Post

seriously though, im not a fan. but its your car. I wouldnt mind doing the cobra r wing with a nice adjustable front spliter if my car saw more road course time. but i do i manily just autox so no big wing there. i will be doing me a custom rear seat delete soon though.
twas a joke And a lot of people don't like the Steeda wing... but I think it adds a lot

Old 01-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

well I really meant on the site as a whole, but WHATEVA

also, don't hate on me, magazine racing my little ricer runs with a GT in the 1/4 stock for stock anyways
Old 01-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #18
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:

You don't like the steeda, but you like the park bench that doesn't belong on anything but the cobra R? Interesting. :chin:
Old 01-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
well I really meant on the site as a whole, but WHATEVA

also, don't hate on me, magazine racing my little ricer runs with a GT in the 1/4 stock for stock anyways
I'm just giving you a hard time...

Old 01-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
You don't like the steeda, but you like the park bench that doesn't belong on anything but the cobra R? Interesting. :chin:
it really is forever and a day up there

Old 01-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Actually creates downforce, and if i owned it, more than likely it would be put to use. what cant build a cobra r clone for actual track use cause it works?

Old 01-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #22
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

A clone is just that, a clone. Unless it is an R, the R wing is a bench...hell, I don't like them on the R either, but, that's how it came so it is OEM equipment....for a purpose race vehicle.

However, your defense for the R wing also applies to the Steeda wing. The steeda is not just a dress up...it is an actual functional wing that increases down force on the back end...it isn't just for looks. So, it too would serve your purpose without providing a place for children to sit while you are at the park.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
A clone is just that, a clone. Unless it is an R, the R wing is a bench...hell, I don't like them on the R either, but, that's how it came so it is OEM equipment....for a purpose race vehicle.

However, your defense for the R wing also applies to the Steeda wing. The steeda is not just a dress up...it is an actual functional wing that increases down force on the back end...it isn't just for looks. So, it too would serve your purpose without providing a place for children to sit while you are at the park.
I just love how it remains close to stock dimensions while providing functionality. The "wing" aspect isn't really that hideous.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well maybe i have a slight ricer mentality. go big or go home . i dont know i know its a park bench but I like the racer look of the setup. now I would never actually would do this unless my car saw 80% or more of its life on a road course. i wanna take the damn spoiler off my car now as it is, it does what its called it spoiles the rear end.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #25
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Well maybe i have a slight ricer mentality. go big or go home . i dont know i know its a park bench but I like the racer look of the setup. now I would never actually would do this unless my car saw 80% or more of its life on a road course. i wanna take the damn spoiler off my car now as it is, it does what its called it spoiles the rear end.
Ah...so you want your car to look more like a taurus then. Going for that sleeper look eh?
Old 01-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ah...so you want your car to look more like a taurus then. Going for that sleeper look eh?
ha ha ha

Old 01-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

seriosly thought i just love this look

if a taurus looked and performed like that then hell yea

Old 01-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

hey at least it wasnt this wing

Old 01-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
that's why I got a wing
You can't spell win without wing.
Quote:
no kidding! omg, I HATE the Taurus rear these Mustangs adopt sans a spoiler/wing.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:48 PM   #30
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
that's why I got a wing
You can't spell win without wing.

no kidding! omg, I HATE the Taurus rear these Mustangs adopt sans a spoiler/wing.
All it needs it a T on the side instead of GT.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
All it needs it a T on the side instead of GT.
I'm debating which hood pins I need.... if I do need them.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

You should also spray paint your hood flat black for that "carbon fiber" look woot
Old 01-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
You should also spray paint your hood flat black for that "carbon fiber" look woot
When I attempt to pick up guys with my car, perhaps I will do that... however, while I'm trying to make my car look good I will have it painted to match... or paint the louvers gloss black to match some of my other accents.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

Im not to sure on it. I would have to see one in person to make a judgement on it.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

wow this conversation went all over the place! i just wanted to say the wing looks good on your car.
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos