new camera photoshoot - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to mybrosride
Re: new camera photoshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
Indeed... and I'm starting to save up for some performance stuff. I'm wanting to drop in a 5.0/5.4 (~1000 hp safe), trickflow FI heads, probably a nice N/A cam until I can get the KB. I'm starting to debate the 2.1 vs the 2.6 again... I was thinking the 2.1 for the screamage, but I'm sorta debating leaning to the 2.6 because eventually the boost will get up there.

Still need to build the rear end with 3.73 and 31 spline, t-56 tranny would be delicious. Then need a Cobra tank and perhaps upgraded fuel lines.
wow man, you got some delicioso ideas there!! dude that can be done, and not that expensive if you take your time and do it little by little. Make your ride yours the way you want it. Have a friend who is upgrading his 96 GT. will have to get you a link to some of the upgrading he's doing to his... I'll find it and PM you with some stuff he has. But i think he's in the 500-800 range on what he's working with

06 Mustang GT, 5-speed manual
15% tint, K&N CAI
mybrosride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybrosride View Post
wow man, you got some delicioso ideas there!! dude that can be done, and not that expensive if you take your time and do it little by little. Make your ride yours the way you want it. Have a friend who is upgrading his 96 GT. will have to get you a link to some of the upgrading he's doing to his... I'll find it and PM you with some stuff he has. But i think he's in the 500-800 range on what he's working with
$13,000 will be in the MOTOR

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
$13,000 will be in the MOTOR
so, its only money .....can't take it with you this old man once told me, if ya' got it spend it, if ya' aint, borrow it

15% tint, K&N CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
so, its only money .....can't take it with you this old man once told me, if ya' got it spend it, if ya' aint, borrow it
I still have to buy a DD before a terrible large amount gets done to the motor...

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 02-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

^^
i was gonna keep my old ride for a DD but she was so worn out, had to let her go as the down payment to get my GT

15% tint, K&N CAI
Old 02-21-2009, 11:09 AM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
^^
i was gonna keep my old ride for a DD but she was so worn out, had to let her go as the down payment to get my GT
depending on where you live, it's not a big deal. In Iowa, it's very hard to get around in a Mustang during the winter. I've done it for the last 6 winters... but it isn't terrible fun some times.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
depending on where you live, it's not a big deal. In Iowa, it's very hard to get around in a Mustang during the winter. I've done it for the last 6 winters... but it isn't terrible fun some times.
im in louisville so winters aren't that severe. lived south of chicago a short time and i know how midwest winters can be....need 4wd or fwd to get around. our winter is almost over and we've had very little snow, so i can almost do with any type car here.

15% tint, K&N CAI
Old 02-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
im in louisville so winters aren't that severe. lived south of chicago a short time and i know how midwest winters can be....need 4wd or fwd to get around. our winter is almost over and we've had very little snow, so i can almost do with any type car here.
I'm fixing the carnage of last week currently... blew the intake manifold... just got the old one out, and now I'm working on reworking the injectors, then I'll do a plug swap (might as well), and then the new one can go in.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm fixing the carnage of last week currently... blew the intake manifold... just got the old one out, and now I'm working on reworking the injectors, then I'll do a plug swap (might as well), and then the new one can go in.
not fun....whats the deal with the intake?

15% tint, K&N CAI
Old 02-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
not fun....whats the deal with the intake?
I blew the heater hose fitting on the stock manifold... so I am replacing it with another stock manifold ... but I hear it's better than the Typhoon intake. I actually have the new manifold on. My toes are so cold I can't feel them, so I have to get some feeling back before heading back out to torque it down.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to USMC Roush Send a message via MSN to USMC Roush

Nice looking car, looks like you have alot of plans for it, it'll be a damn nice car, but even now it's a damn nice car... love it man, love that color

United States Marine Corp OIF/OEF 2009 - 2010 - Yellow 2003 Cobra: RAI, BBK mid headers, 2.81 pulley, BBK o/r X pipe, Borla Stinger Exhast, cross drilled and slotted front/rear rotors...next thing to come is color matched calipers. (still needs to be installed but it's waiting for me)
USMC Roush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC Roush View Post
Nice looking car, looks like you have alot of plans for it, it'll be a damn nice car, but even now it's a damn nice car... love it man, love that color
the more I work on it, the more I want to work on it... at least when stuff goes how I'm hoping. I had originally decided I would wait and just get an 03 Cobra... but I don't think I can part with this one. This is gonna be a lifer Especially once I get the new motor... and then I may frame the title once I get the KB

Old 02-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

awesome, well best of luck to you, i figure if you have the power to back up the name cobra on your bumper then your car is worthy of it, there are a few *****es back in my hometown that run around with GT and even V6's with the termi kit on their car.... ****ing rediculous... i raced the V6 one once in my dad's Silverado that had a 454 in it (silverado ss 454 94 model) shortbed single cab, and i kinda lost the respect at the first till i realized what it was

United States Marine Corp OIF/OEF 2009 - 2010 - Yellow 2003 Cobra: RAI, BBK mid headers, 2.81 pulley, BBK o/r X pipe, Borla Stinger Exhast, cross drilled and slotted front/rear rotors...next thing to come is color matched calipers. (still needs to be installed but it's waiting for me)
Old 02-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

since most of you guys have some nicely modded rides, which i envy, for now i'll just call mine "big stocker" since all i got is a k&n cai.....

15% tint, K&N CAI
Old 02-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

lol, man, mine is still stock pretty much has a RAI on it and thats it. all my parts are in boxes at my house so don't feel bad

Old 02-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
since most of you guys have some nicely modded rides, which i envy, for now i'll just call mine "big stocker" since all i got is a k&n cai.....
my GT went 2.5 years with almost 0 mods... then I decided to go nuts... and here I am
Quote:
lol, man, mine is still stock pretty much has a RAI on it and thats it. all my parts are in boxes at my house so don't feel bad
I've had a Termi bumper in my kitchen for 10 days now... completely assembled...

Old 02-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

guess we all start got to start somewhere

15% tint, K&N CAI
Old 02-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

exactly... and soon you'll have alot of ideas on what you want to do and soon be in the ranks of the heavy modded stangs

Old 02-21-2009, 06:57 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
exactly... and soon you'll have alot of ideas on what you want to do and soon be in the ranks of the heavy modded stangs
word.........

15% tint, K&N CAI
Old 02-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

check it out in the bar, i put up a new post, should be found to be pretty interesting.. hope you all enjoy and mybrosride, any ideas on anything you wanna do to your car?

Old 02-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
check it out in the bar, i put up a new post, should be found to be pretty interesting.. hope you all enjoy and mybrosride, any ideas on anything you wanna do to your car?
thinking about exhaust first... not sure which to go with. had magnaflow on a monte carlo before not sure what sounds best on a mustang GT. any good ideas?

edit: where do i go to find the bar?

15% tint, K&N CAI
Old 02-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

I have Borla stinger exhaust for mine as does Pure Venom... if you goto my thread, So about the cobra, i think it's page 2? or 3? he has a few links of what it sounds like... sounds ****in' sick i loved it. but Borla stinger or a Bassani is what i'd go with... or be like everyother swinging larry and put on flowmaster..

Old 02-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have Borla stinger exhaust for mine as does Pure Venom... if you goto my thread, So about the cobra, i think it's page 2? or 3? he has a few links of what it sounds like... sounds ****in' sick i loved it. but Borla stinger or a Bassani is what i'd go with... or be like everyother swinging larry and put on flowmaster..
cool...i'll check it out... btw i hate flowmasters they sound like a truck

15% tint, K&N CAI
Old 02-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

yeah, they are only good IMO for old school muscle and trucks of all years

Old 02-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah, they are only good IMO for old school muscle and trucks of all years
yeah but every kid on the block things flowmasters are the sh*t and puts them on everything from a taurus to an impala

15% tint, K&N CAI
Old 02-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

hell they get put on ricers now since they make the 60 series for 4 and 6 cyl engines

Old 02-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
hell they get put on ricers now since they make the 60 series for 4 and 6 cyl engines
haha word..... i heard a monte carlo in my neighborhood the other day, thought it was an old S10 or older ranger with glass packs. Found out it the kid had flowmaster 40s on the car.

btw checked out those videos... hell man thats an awesome sound from the stingers

15% tint, K&N CAI
Old 02-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

yeah it is, i'm sure it'd sound just as good on your 4.6 too, just be missing the blower whine... i had a monte carlo back in the day with magna flow, guy before me put them on there but they had a real low mellow tone, with a bit of crack and pop on the decel but nothing super serious, like hardly noticable unless you listened for it... i miss that car, it was a 97 model but it sounded decent but yeah i know what you're talking about.

Used to be a maxima that came in to my old shop at BMW for service that was all SCCA setup and it had a damn flowmaster 40 on it and it sounded like garbage..

Old 02-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Have a friend who bought a 92 m3 couple years ago and some guy had installed some generic flowmasters - can't remember the name right off, but that poor car sounded like it had cherry bombs on it. He changed the entire exhaust within a week... was afraid the neighors would be complaining.

15% tint, K&N CAI
Old 02-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #65
Legacy Member
Legacy

not sure if I posted it up or not yet but my intake manifold replacement went spotless. The car is back up and running STRONG again. No leaks, no noise... nothing.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

haha yeah that wouldn't be good at all for a M3 maybe a pacesetter exhaust but not flowmaster... and congrats jimmy

Old 02-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
not sure if I posted it up or not yet but my intake manifold replacement went spotless. The car is back up and running STRONG again. No leaks, no noise... nothing.
was wondering about it..... glad to hear everything went great and no leaks/noise ect... glad she's back running (oops) ROARING again.....

EDIT: now just get the bumper out of the kitchen

Quote:
haha yeah that wouldn't be good at all for a M3 maybe a pacesetter exhaust but not flowmaster... and congrats jimmy
haha flowmaster on an m3 FTL...

15% tint, K&N CAI
Old 02-21-2009, 11:12 PM   #68
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Quote:
was wondering about it..... glad to hear everything went great and no leaks/noise ect... glad she's back running (oops) ROARING again.....

EDIT: now just get the bumper out of the kitchen

haha flowmaster on an m3 FTL...
thanks guys. I'm tempted to give it a shot tomorrow... but I need to install the mounting plates that came with it, which means I need some rivets... and I hear the run of the mill rivets will **** out on me... so I want the good ones... and Ford is closed tomorrow

Old 02-21-2009, 11:20 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thanks guys. I'm tempted to give it a shot tomorrow... but I need to install the mounting plates that came with it, which means I need some rivets... and I hear the run of the mill rivets will **** out on me... so I want the good ones... and Ford is closed tomorrow

yeah let us know how it goes... i'll check back on the thread to see what updates you post.

15% tint, K&N CAI
Old 02-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #70
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
yeah let us know how it goes... i'll check back on the thread to see what updates you post.
I'll just make a new thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > Pictures and Videos