SN95 Saleen Body Kit Question? How to Prevent the ) Look - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-27-2003, 09:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
SN95 Saleen Body Kit Question? How to Prevent the ) Look

I'm soon to be getting my Saleen body kit delivered to me here in a few weeks already painted and such...

Q: I know after they are on a car for sometime, especially the after market kits the front bumper, just under the grill where it has the straight bar piece in the center of the bumper starts to sag ), what I want to know... what is the best way to prevent this from happening...

I was considering taking some fiber glass or sheet metal formed in that area for some support and forming it so it would prevent the 95 mph sag from occurring as shown below:

( Ok minus the guy laying under the car )
KrazyPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2003, 09:30 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I never knew that happened. Weird.

Do the official saleen kits do that? looks like they would fix a problem like that

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 09:46 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Some re-enforcement with a sheetmetal formed backing will help prevent that. Form the sheetmetal to the back side of the kit in areas that you want to enforce, and figure out some way to mount, weld, ot bolt it onto the existing car framework.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2003, 10:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
Some re-enforcement with a sheetmetal formed backing will help prevent that. Form the sheetmetal to the back side of the kit in areas that you want to enforce, and figure out some way to mount, weld, ot bolt it onto the existing car framework.
This will be the tricky part for sure, making it mount to the existing frame work?

Since there is really nothing in there or behind that area, so if anybody has any suggestions let me know here...

Thanks!

And I dont believe the true Saleens do this, just mainly the after-market body kits do. Or maybe it was the earlier yr kits they designed and finally fix'd it in the 99+ being that they have some kind of hard plastic molding fitting that goes in behind them in that area to help support.

If anybody has a Saleen kit for the SN95, could you possibly post a pic of the area in question so I can try to gather some ideas togethor on how to find a remedy before the bumper arrives...
KrazyPony is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > Mustang Audio & Video