Here is what I am calling The Bounce Mod
Okay so it doesn't add any horsepower or gives better handling. In fact it's not even really an appearance mod but it's a terrific way to get your car smelling great and is easy to do.
1. First you'll need a sheet of Bounce Dryer Sheets. Chances your mom/wife/girlfriend already has these so that saves you some cash.
2. Start popping out the air vents. No tools are required to do this although a small pick tool, flat head, or pry tool may help. To get them out first direct the vent either all the way up or down
Now push it up or down just a little more and it should pop off it's hinge on one side a bit. Now this is a little tricky bu you want to keep this side off and turn the vent back so it sits straight (neither all the way up or down) facing out.
3. Now pull the loose side out first so that the other side can follow it
Here's the opening
4. Now rip the bounty sheet up into four even square/rectangular pieces.
It's not necessary but might be better to just barely close the vent and hang the Bounce sheet off or more rather leave the sheet up against it. This may help prevent it from falling all the way into the venting.
5. Finally just slide the vent back into place and push in until buth sides "click" in. You can also just push the vent straight in until it clicks in.
6. Now you can do it for each vent the same way as described above. You can also take out most of the trimming around the vents and place it in that way.
Now when you turn on the top vents the air that comes out is fresh and clean. I have noticed that warmer (read: hotter) air seems to be better and give off a fresher scent.
BTW Bounce sheets are said to have other uses such as keeping bugs away and you can read some of that HERE